Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Staring on in awe, she blinked a few times as Mayao asked her how long it would last. "Wow. That was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen," she admitted slowly. The shock of seeing the femal doll turn into a male demon had left her almost speechless.

Shaking herself, she banished her amazement to focus on the situation. "Let me see," she muttered pulling the piece of paper out from her pocket. "One drop of my blood equals ten minutes, so for extra measure, I gave my finger a pretty deep cut." Alexis held her finger up as proof, the blood dripping down to her hand. "So hopefully around forty-five minutes to an hour."

She smiled at him excitedly. "So how does it feel? Being you again?"

Last edited by Shelby Palmer; 08-16-2011 at 07:02 AM..

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 PM

Mayao was still a bit lightheaded, his joints aching from their transformation. “It’s… amazing! I feel so much better! But… I might have to carry that dress with me, in case I go back to that doll form without warning. That’s what I worry about right not.” He picked up the crumpled mess of cloth and rearranged it, patting it down. “An hour in my demon form. Oh, it’s more than I could ask for.” He smiled, moving his hair out of his eye, though it fell right back into place. “I can feel my powers come back. Alexis---”

Someone knocked on the front door. It was high and loud, five times. Mayao started, and bit his lip. “I can’t be seen here! Not by your family! Alexis, you must have other things of mine in that storage room, my weapons, clothes? Exorcists generally take trophies along with the souls of the demons they banish. They must have things of mine! Perhaps in your storage room?” He looked around for her family, but saw no one.

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 PM

"Oh, maybe. You want to go there, while I answer the door?" She pointed back toward the direction of the storage room. "Or I could come with you and wait for my... Actually, before my family comes and sees that I returned you to your normal form, I'll get the door and you head to the storage room. Maybe you'll be able to find something! Look around the area that the chest was, first."

She started to push the cleaning supplies to the side, quickly running a dry cloth over the wet area of floor. "Don't worry about this, either. I've got it!" She was about to say more, stopping when the sound of approaching shoes met her ears. Running to the corner that her mother was approaching, she stood firmly in her way. "I've got the door, mother."

Shelia frowned. "Then why haven't you answered it yet?" More knocks, identical to the first sounded.

"Because I wanted to make sure the entryway looked good!" she said, spinning her mother about and walking her back down the hall. "Mayao did a good job but he's not done yet! You can't see it until its done! So get going!"

She sighed as her mother shook her head, continuing back down the way she came. Running back, Alexis looked at Mayao. "Alright, you should be free to head to the storage room. And even if you pass by Mark, he'll still be half asleep, so he won't even notice you."

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 PM

With a quick nod, Mayao ran past her and retraced his steps, going back the way he had come, to where he had first awakened. He met no one on his way back, which he considered to be beyond his own luck, so in the back of his mind, bad scenarios began playing out in his head. He forced the door open, the hinges rather rusty from lack of use, and shut it behind him. Looking on the wall, he remembered what Alexis called that little lever on the wall. A light switch. He flicked it, and the light on the ceiling flickered on. Boxes. There were many boxes, some small and stout, others large and tall, one open. It was the one his soul had been in.

Wandering about he room, he looked at the labels written on the sides. There were dates. At the right side of the room, where he started, the dates were larger. The years 1985, 1980, 1979, and so on. He went through the rows and lines and stacks, skipping over most, reaching the 1700s, and finally the 1600s. He went down the lines, to later and later years, finally finding his own, 1608. There was only one box, he realized as he searched a bit more, and it was as tall as he was. Taking his leather-based belt off, he used the strong buckle to lever the lid off the crate and stared in. Cloth, all cloth neatly folded on top of something shining. His eyes glinted in the dull light above and a small smile raised the corner of his mouth.

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 PM

Rushing, Alexis made sure that the entryway was suitable enough for a guest. If it was one of her mother's friends, it didn't matter what she did, they'd find something to complain about. The same could be said for her brother's friends. As for hers... Well, she was lacking in that area more or less, so she didn't have to worry about that.

Standing before door, she took a deep breath, collecting herself as she absently wiped the blood from her finger on her black pants. Then she opened the door, greeting happily, "Sorry for the wait! Hello...!"

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-15-2011, 11:28 PM

The visitor was tall, very tall. Perhaps more than Mayao. He wore a wide-brimmed hat that let his dark brown-black hair only just be seen, and it shadowed his light yellow-green eyes that resembled a cat’s gaze. Despite it being a warm day, he wore a knee-length dark brown duster over a black buttondown shirt and dark brown jeans. His smile was warm and inviting on a young face.

“Hello there!” He clasped his hands together. “I’ve been called here for an inspection, something about mice in the house. Perhaps I can… talk to the head of household, or whoever might be home?”

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 PM

Alexis blinked, staring up into this man's face. "Wow, you are tall," she muttered. Then she frowned, her eyes narrowing. "Mice? I think I would have heard if there were any mice in our house..." She turned as Mark walked by, his eyes now opened a crack. "Marcus!" she yelled, knowing his full name would catch his attention.

And it did as he came to a full stop, his head slowly turning in his sister's direction. "Whaat?" he growled, one of his eyes twitching.

"Did mother call someone about mice?" she asked, jerking her head to the man behind her. When Mark only shrugged and started off she rolled her eyes, turning back to her guest. "Oh, I'm sorry. That was rude of me. Come in, please!"

Alexis stepped aside, looking the man over once again. "I'm Alexis Hughes. I'll take you to one of my parents, whichever I come across first. They'll be able to tell you more about the mice."

Smiling at him, she started forward, glancing over her shoulder. She was getting a weird vibe from this guy... What was it?

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 PM

The man chuckled a bit, perhaps nervously. “Very good to meet you, Alexis.” He said, stepping in and closing the door. He looked around. The entrance hall had high ceilings and transmitted sound easily. The place also smelled of flowers. And something else, something he had not smelled for years, but was rather familiar.

He pulled his hat down a bit more, shoving it back to see a little easier. “You have a nice place.” He said. “Rather large too.” He nodded, as though reassuring what he said was right as he followed Alexis.

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 03:00 AM

"Yeah, I've herad that a bit lately," she told him. She stopped at the end of the hall, thinking. "They're probably this way!"

Alexis started down the hall, keeping the stranger at her side. She didn't know what was so odd about him, but there was something about him. And she would have known if there were mice. Her mother wouldn't have let anyone hear the end of it. Glancing at him sidelong, she stopped outside of the minor living room and like she expected, her father was there drinking a cup of coffee, reading a book.

"Hey dad," she said, ushering the strange man in after her. "This guy wanted to see you. He says he's here to inspect for mice."

Randall frowned at his book, setting it on the table beside him with his coffee as he looked up. "Mice?" he repeated, directing his statement to the unknown man.

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 03:13 AM

He took in everything around him with eagerly wide eyes, staying at Alexis’s side to keep her at ease, more than once almost hitting his head on the doorways. As they entered the room, he clasped his hands behind his back and turned his gaze on Randall. His face became neutral.

“Actually, that was an unfortunate lie.” He said with a sigh. “I do apologize, my friend, but I’m on a mission to find something. A necklace. I know you have it, and I’d like to get it with as little bother as possible.”

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 03:46 AM

As Randall stayed perfectly still, Alexis shifted her pose, taking a combative stance, her eyes narrowed. "I knew it," she growled to herself. "I knew there weren't any mice!"

"How do you know about any necklace?" Randall asked tensely. "Who are you, really? Who sent you on your mission?"

"And how do they know anything about us?" Alexis demanded as well. She hoped Mayao was safely in the storage room and that he wouldn't be coming this way. If this person was after the choker and found that Mayao's soul had already been attached to the doll... That could be bad! Especially when it was found out that he had returned to his normal form, if only temporarily!

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 AM

Mayao had found what he thought was lost forever in the sands of time long past: His clothes. His weapons. Shifting aside the cloth that smelled of old dust and storage, something glinted in the light. A Naginata, which had been given to him by travelers one late evening as the full moon rose in the air. Even after so long put away, its razor-sharp blade glimmered and the ivory handle, wrapped with black velvet, was still as strong as ever. And a sword, heavy in blade and hilt, lying next to a reflector with razor sharp edges that could not cut him, since it was his own. The face was bright silver, lined with dark red designs. Even three knives, each one longer than the next. He lifted the Naginata out of the box and held it up.

Something creaked behind him. The door, being pushed open. Spinning around and holding the weapon in both hands, he furrowed his brow at the newcomer. A man, with the same bone structure as Randall but rather different in appearance. Wild-looking gray eyes that resembled Alexis’s. Long black hair. An angry look on his face.

"Who are you?" Mayao asked quickly, tightening his grip on the weapon. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 04:15 AM

The man's eyes flicked around the room before he glanced out the door behind him. Then he turned back on Mayao, his eyes landing on the Naginata. "Who are you?" he asked, his eyes narrowing. "You don't live here."

Then his eyes fell on the box behind him. "1608... That's it!" He took a frantically excited step forward. "You... Have you found a necklace in there!?" He smiled, running his hand through his unevenly cut hair. "It's a black choker! I'm here for it! I must have it!" He calmed himself a bit, a cloud of sadness and anger crossing his face. "I really need that..."

He was quiet for a moment before looking up. "Did you see anything like that?" he asked again.

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 04:30 AM

Mayao lowered the weapon slightly, raising a brow in slight confusion. “You’re kind of a dumb-ass, aren’t you?” He asked. “No I don’t live here, and you won’t know who I am before I know who you are. No one’s seen the choker in years. Why are you so interested in it, anyway? How are you related to this family?”

The stranger glared at Mayao. “That doesn’t matter! And don’t call me a dumb-ass!” He clenched his fists. “I know it’s here! Don’t you lie to me, you… Who are you!?”

“I’m not saying a thing until you answer me!” Mayao stepped forward. “Why do you want that choker!?”

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 04:53 AM

As the stranger took a step closer to him, he backed up near the wall, blurting out, "I need it to prove to my family how inferior they are! There's a demon's soul in that choker! A strong one! If I can put it into another vessel and control it, it'll prove to everyone how my exorcism powers are far greater than theirs!!"

His face was red as he took a step forward, slinging a hand in his pocket as he made himself stand tall. "I'm Hayden Hughes! And I should be the rightful heir to the family. Not Randall! I'm stronger! I'll prove them all wrong, and you too! If you get in my way!" His eyes, so similar to Alexis's narrowed with a hateful glare as he snarled at Mayao. "Now, where is that choker?!"

Last edited by Shelby Palmer; 08-16-2011 at 05:06 AM..

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 05:01 AM

Mayao stared at him for a moment. Hayden Hughes? A relative to the family, then, and rather full of himself. “I don’t think you understand how physically inferior you are to me.” Mayao said. “You, simpleton, have obviously been kicked from the family for good reason, eh?” He raised the Naginata again. “Maybe I’ll just put you out!” He sprinted forward, swinging the blade to Hayden. He reacted quickly, bringing his hand up and shooting it toward Mayao.

He froze in midair, the blade clashing off an invisible barrier. “Hmh?” His eyes went directly toward the jewel in Hayden’s hand, a black thing that glittered even in the shadow. Hayden laughed manically, and seemed to grasp an invisible handle, throwing the barrier and Mayao into and down the hallway. He sat there, Naginata in hand, slightly dazed. “What the hell…?”

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 05:15 AM

Looking from the now empty storage room to the door, he tsked, heading for the door. That man would try to attack him again if he ignored him. Chuckling, Hayden walked out of the room, staring at where Mayao sat. "Now," he started, his eyes wide. "Since you decided to get in my way and even attacked me, I guess I'll get rid of you, whoever you are!"

Then he lunged, his hand flying toward Mayao, the black jewel in his hand glittering as it blurred, heading straight for Mayao's face.

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 AM

Mayao gasped, and brought his arm up. In an instant its movement was trailed by a tail of black fire, that knocked the jewel out of Hayden’s hand and sent him over Mayao’s head. He leapt to his feet, leaving the Naginata on the ground and advancing on Hayden. He raised a hand, bringing a gust of wind through the still air and forcing it into a solid thing, which slung Hayden farther away from the door and himself. With room to breathe, Mayao closed his eyes.

“You can’t stand up to someone like me.” He said quietly, raising both hands. “You can’t handle my power! You’re but a human, not trained in the ways of combat!” Electricity shot from his fingers, arcing to Hayden and shocking him back more. It dislodged the jewel and it skittered across the floor. Mayao picked it up, and with a squeeze and a crackling of electricity, cracked it into several sections.

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 AM

"I'll ask it again," Randall stated stiffly, eyes on their tall guest. "Who are you and who sent you?"

As he and the stranger stared at each other, Alexis curled the corner of her lips, making a tsk noise. Spinning, she grabbed one of the rapiers off her fathers wall, declaring, "This isn't getting us anywhere!"

Lunging forward, her feet taking her nimbly toward her opponent, Alexis struck out fast, the tip of the blade missing the man as he moved just as fast. He stepped out of the way of her attack, the thin sword stabbing through the air where his stomach had been. Eyes narrowed menacingly, she quickly shifted her feet, the blade flying up in an arc toward the man's head.

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 AM

He raised his arm, but a little too slowly. It grabbed his hat, swatting it off his head and to the floor. It revealed his hair, varying shades of brown and black, with two large, floppy pointed ears nestled in the upended layers. His eyes flashed. “I didn’t want to do this.” He stepped back, opening his mouth. His teeth sharpened, but didn’t elongate, and his nails got sharp and curled a bit. His eyes, catty eyes, flashed in the light. “I just wanted to know where the necklace was.”

He stepped forward only as a meld of angry voices filled the air. Mayao and Hayden fell into the room, tangled. Mayao let loose a punch in Hayden’s stomach, sending him back and onto the floor. Mayao grabbed the chain from his waist and threw it over his hands, bearing down as Hayden held him off. The man with cat eyes went slack. “M-master Mayao?”

The slight lapse in concentration made Hayden shove Mayao off of him and struggle back. But the demon’s eyes were on the man. “Trosi?” His mouth fell open in shock.

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 06:11 AM

Alexis was standing, her blade raised for another attack when she heard the demon utter the name Mayao. She froze, her eyes going from the cat-demon to Mayao, who was still in his original form. Her father had stood, his eyes wide and on his fraternal twin, who was backing himself against a bookshelf.

"Mayao..." She lowered her blade a fraction of an inch. "This is Trosi? Your friend?"

"Mayao!" Hayden squeaked. "Mayao's been released? But how? Who did it? Trosi! Don't just stand there, attack!" He was staying far away from the others, but now his eyes shot to his demon companion.

Last edited by Shelby Palmer; 08-16-2011 at 06:27 AM..

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 AM

Mayao scrambled up. “Trosi, you’re with this idiot?” He motioned to Hayden.

“No!” Trosi answered both Hayden and Mayao. His teeth returned to normal, his nails dulling once more. “No, Hayden! You said he was dead! You told me that when you brought me out! You said he was dead.”

“I… I…” Hayden looked around. Mayao advanced on him. “You! I wanted your soul!” Hayden breathed quickly, gasping his breaths in and out. “I wanted your soul! And when I found this one---” he pointed to Trosi “---I thought I’d use him to get in here and find you! I didn’t think you’d be… like this!” He motioned to Mayao’s body.

“I’m sorry, Master Mayao.” Trosi went to his knees and turned his eyes to the floor. “I won’t listen to Hayden anymore.”

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 AM

"What?" Hayden looked around at them, eyes wide. "You...! You all!" Gritting his teeth he growled, "Randall! How'd you do it? How'd you get his soul into its body?!"

Randall crossed his arms over his chest, staring disdainfully at his twin. "I didn't."

"Y-you... You didn't?" he repeated in surprise. "Well, who did?"

Alexis was brandishing her rapier in boredom before she felt the eyes in the room turn on her. She looked up at them before her eyes locked on her uncle's. "Oh, that was me," she replied. "It was accidental though."

Hayden stared at them all in shock. "Accidental?" He went quiet, looking at his feet as he clenched his fists. "I've been made a fool of again!" he screamed, before pointing a shaking finger at Trosi. "And you! I released you and this is how you repay me?"

"Ah shut it!" Alexis yelled. She threw her rapier like a spear, the blade sinking into a book next to Hayden's head.

Last edited by Shelby Palmer; 08-16-2011 at 06:56 AM..

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 AM

“I apologize, Master Hughes,” Trosi said. “I’m grateful to you for releasing me, but my loyalty remains with Mayao.”

“Oh, you little creep!” Hayden cried, but it was strength only come from Trosi’s sitting on the ground. “I’ll never forget this!”

“You should start trying.” Mayao stepped forward and grabbed Hayden, lifting him to his full height. “And I’d get out of here if I were you! Trosi won’t harm you, but I’m not too good not to!” He tossed Hayden away and stepped back, lifting Trosi to his feet. The cat demon was at least a foot taller than Mayao.

Shelby Palmer
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 AM

Hayden glared around before snarling, running for the door. Randall reached out, about to argue, but his brother was already gone. He sighed, sinking into his seat. "I'm surprised he went so far as to retaliate," he mused.

Alexis walked over, yanking the sword free of the book. After returning it to the wall, she went over and stood by Mayao and Trosi. "Hey, uh, sorry I attacked you," she said. "I didn't think you'd be the demon that Mayao was friends with. But hey!" She smiled at Mayao. "Your friend's alive and well! That's good news, right?"

Last edited by Shelby Palmer; 08-16-2011 at 07:21 AM..