Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Uriel can't help the reaction, but it does make him feel bad. Kirin hasn't hurt him or anything, but their meeting kind of creeped him out a bit. Just a lot. Uriel immediately, once they are at the park, goes to explore and possibly play with things. He's never been in a park before obviously so his curiousity takes over.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Kirin stands watching him, as if he is a parent supervising a child. He smiles at the boys curiosity. It's so refreshing, and he remembers when he was very much like Uriel is. That is what had lead to him, and the others to choosing the wrong things and becoming tainted.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 PM

Uriel sees nothing wrong with curiosity or anything. It's just, a person must be able to pull back when they realize that they're going too far, going in the wrong direction and everything. And knowledge doesn't hurt unless a person doesn't sue it correctly. Which is a trial and error thing. At some point, he actually, somehow, gets a squirrel to come to him and picks it up and it scrambles up on top of his head. He just laughs at it. He likes this animal.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 PM

Kirin watches him as the squirrel comes to him. He wishes he could back to that innocence. He lets out a hearty laugh when the squirrel climbs onto his head. "It seems you have made a new friend." He says his eyes sparkling.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 PM

Uriel may not be happy with what has happened, but that isn't the squirrel's fault, or Kirin's fault, or anyone or anything he could be around now's fault. So he isn't going to take it out on them. He just smiles at Kirin. "Yep, a new rodent friend." He reaches up and pets the squirrel a bit and it chatters. "And they don't care what I am long as I'm not hurting them or anything."

Lady Rosenbaum
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 PM

"That is true." Kirin says with a smile. A part of him wonders if they were meant to meet. For since coming to the park, he hasn't felt the pull of the darkness. He feels light, free, almost as if he wasn't tainted. He reaches out to stroke the squirrel.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Uriel just keeps on smiling. The squirrel chatters a bit at the petting before climbing up on Kirin now and settling on his shoulder instead. "And he can be your friend too." The squirrel seems to like Kirin at least. "He seems to like you and everything."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 PM

Kirin smiles when the squirrel climbs onto his shoulder. "How so?" He asks wondering how a squirrel could be like him at all. The two of them start walking as they talk. This is like heaven to Kirin. He does keep his hands in his pockets though.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 PM

Uriel just shrugs. "Knowing something and knowing how or why are different things. I know that." So he can't exactly explain it or anything. He just pads on with Kirin, staying fairly close to say the least. Part of it is he's in a strange land with strange everything so he's staying close to the one person he knows anything about here.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 PM

Kirin heads to a pretzel cart and orders two pretzels. He hands one to Uriel before breaking a piece off and handing it to the squirrel. The squirrel takes and starts eating it. "Perhaps we should give this squirrel a name." The squirrel starts chattering at this idea. "He seems to like the idea."

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Uriel wasn't going to mention it but he was getting a bit hungry. So when he's handed the pretzel, he takes a bit bite, kind of humming happily. "Tastes good." Then he looks up at the squirrel, thinking. "No idea what we should name him. Do you have any idea?" He wants the squirrel to have a good name. A name that fits. "Nuts?" He snorts a bit. That's his idea for a name.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Kirin thinks for a minute. "What about Bucky?" He asks. The squirrel chitters happily. Kirin laughs. "I think he likes it." He offers Bucky another piece of pretzel. Bucky eats it happily. Kirin smiles looking to the sky, he misses his home but he does his best to hide that from Uriel, he doesn't want to upset the boy.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Uriel shrugs a bit. "He seems to like it so it's good by me." He munches on the pretzel. "Something wrong?" He asks when he notices Kirin looking up at the sky. He feels like something is off, but he isn't sure on that one. It could just be him reading Kirin wrong.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 PM

"Just missing home." He says with a sad smile. He stops at a lemonade stand and gets them both something to drink. "So what do you think of the city?" He asks as the continue to walk. He enjoys spending time with Uriel.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 PM

"Ah...that's...that's understandable." Uriel misses home, but at the same time it pains him. They abandoned him to die. He can't fully miss a place full of people who apparently never liked him or anything. He just sniffs at the drink Kirin bought before sipping at it. "This is good." He sips a bit more. "Mmm...it's interesting." He just smiles at Kirin. "I'm not alone so I like it."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 PM

"I like it too." Kirin says with a smile. "Look, I didn't want to bring this up before, when you were mad at me. But to truly keep you safe from the demons... I need to mark you as mine." He watches him for a reaction as he sips his lemonade.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 AM

And it's a good thing that Kirin didn't bring this up earlier when Uriel was angry....Kirin would have been hurt sooner or later. That's how bad it would have been. Though it isn't much better now. He stares, almost glaring, at Kirin. "What did you say?" He is obvious not amused by this idea of being marked as anyone's actually. It doesn't matter who, he wouldn't be happy.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 AM

"It is only to keep you safe from the demons." He says. He knew that he wouldn't be happy about it. "You will still be your own person." He says.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 AM

Uriel just keep staring/glaring at Kirin. "And what does this marking entail?" Oh, he's angry, but he's keeping contained for now at least. He doesn't like the idea at all to tell the truth.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 04:10 AM

"A small tattoo, here." He says touching the side of Uriel's neck. "I know you don't like it. I know you're angry. I understand that but..." He takes a calming breath. "It's the only way I can guarantee your safety." He is doing his best not to beg. He has tears in his eyes.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 AM

"I don't like it." Uriel says, kind of scrunching up his neck at the touch. He does realize he's acting like a two year old, unable to help it at the moment. But he does notice the tears in Kirin's eyes. "Stop doing that." The tears. It hurts him a bit to see it. "I never said I wouldn't." Though he's definitely not happy about it at the moment. "But it better not be a trick or anything." Or he'll be even more not happy to say the least.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 AM

"It is no trick, and the choice is yours. I will not force it on you." He said. They had been walking all this time and come to a pond. He wouldn't bring the mark up again. He would let Uriel decide if and when he got it. He looks at his reflection in the water. He was to blame, at least partially for this. For Uriel's exile. For so many deaths. He lets out a shuddering sigh.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 AM

Uriel is eyeballing Kirin a bit. He'd love to be able to just trust him like that but at the same time, he's been thrown away it seems. Why should he trust anyone? It's nothing personal in this case. Uriel doesn't blame Kirin for the way things are now. Kirin may have made one mistake, but it is the angels who continue to decide to throw away others, others who have done nothing wrong. Those who only look different. He yawns a bit, leaning into Kirin without thinking, leaning towards warmth.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Kirin puts his arm around Uriel and starts walking home. He just hopes he will be able to keep him safe if he chooses not to take the mark. He doesn't think he will be able to live if anything were to happen to him. After a bit more walking he's feeling tired himself so he transports them home. He doesn't realize Bucky is still on his shoulder until the squirrel takes off around the apartment exploring.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Uriel smiles a bit, still leaning in the touch/warmth. His mood is a little bit better now at least. It doesn't always take much to improve his mood. Especially since they're not talking about the mark at the moment. He makes another surprised squeak like noise of his when Kirin suddenly teleports them. It's a bit disorienting for him, but he recovers quickly. Then he sees the squirrel dart and start exploring. He starts giggling as he watches the squirrel. "Well, he seems fine with it."