maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 05-22-2013, 12:38 AM

Another 1.5 years. My contract ends in August and I promised to renew it.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-22-2013, 01:06 AM

Awww, do you at least get paid decently?

maidenroseheart

Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 AM

That at least I do. I would make more money if I taught in the states, but for getting out of college, I am glad to just have a job. Once I have three years of experience, my next job will be a lot easier to get.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-22-2013, 01:10 AM

True, it is a good experience. =] That's for sure, and at least you did find work. :)

maidenroseheart

Old 05-22-2013, 01:27 AM

thankfully, can work on paying those darn school loans

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 AM

That's good! I'm determined to make it through school without having to take out any student loans myself. I'm doing this with the help of my parents and through grants and scholarships. :)

maidenroseheart

Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 AM

that is awesome... you are lucky to have family helping as much as they can... try to avoid the loans, they are a killer

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 AM

Yeah, we're struggling as it is, don't need to add in loans into the process. We've got three of us in college at the same time right now. O.o It's crazy!

maidenroseheart

Old 05-22-2013, 03:47 AM

That is pretty difficult to do. I went to college and didn't have very much help. Had to do it on my own which was a struggle. Also, used websites that list scholarships and none of those ever panned out. Which was depressing by itself. So I have 50,000 in loans and a mere teaching job to attempt to pay them off. However I went to the college I wanted to go to so the money is worth it.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 AM

Yeah, it is hard, but we're determined to do it. Which is hard as my brother is at a private flight university... Gah, crazy expensive school! At least you managed to make it through school.

Anyways, I need to get going. I'll see you around!! :)

maidenroseheart

Old 05-22-2013, 04:30 AM

Alright, have a good day dear!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 PM

So, how're you doing today? ^_^

maidenroseheart

Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 AM

Oh man, it has been a pretty rough day. Days like this makes me want to give up teaching for a quiet office job. A very quiet office job. Not an option right now but sure wish it was. I'm being burnt out again and not very pleased about that. The first class today was rough.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-23-2013, 02:47 PM

*bounces through mai's threadie*

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
Oh man, it has been a pretty rough day. Days like this makes me want to give up teaching for a quiet office job. A very quiet office job. Not an option right now but sure wish it was. I'm being burnt out again and not very pleased about that. The first class today was rough.
Awwww! Sorry to hear that! I do hope that today goes better for you, rough days are never any fun! :(

maidenroseheart

Old 05-24-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

*bounces through mai's threadie*
*watches hummy bounce through* Hi hummy sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22 View Post
Awwww! Sorry to hear that! I do hope that today goes better for you, rough days are never any fun! :(
I will as soon as I am done for the day. Have the weekend to myself and am super excited to get out of here. Enjoy life outside of this environment. Always being alone or struggling to understand the culture is draining.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-24-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
I will as soon as I am done for the day. Have the weekend to myself and am super excited to get out of here. Enjoy life outside of this environment. Always being alone or struggling to understand the culture is draining.
Oh, awesome!! What do you have planned for this weekend? Sounds really nice! And I bet it! I know that trying to keep up and not with Deaf culture.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 AM

I'm planning on going to a Book Club Saturday and a BBQ on Sunday :D

What kind of things do you encounter in Deaf culture?

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-24-2013, 02:28 AM

Sounds fun!

Kind hard to explain them in words. >.< All things deaf are crazy hard to explain in words. >.< It's just things that are drastically different than hearing culture but people don't see them as being different, but gah... they totally are. >.<

So I went to the zoo today with a friend! I got quite a few good pictures! :)

maidenroseheart

Old 05-24-2013, 05:18 AM

I suppose I can understand that. It is the same with being in South Korea. Can't tell you exactly what the difference are, but darn it it is hard to live here.

That is awesome! It sounds like you had fun. What were your favorite memories?

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-24-2013, 04:03 PM

It's just like trying, for me, to keep my hearing and deaf culture thing separated because apparently I get snapped at whenever I sign, or whenever I just walk through some people talking, which is totally fine fine deaf culture but rude in hearing culture. Being more straight forward and just saying it how you see it, I don't see a lot of my hearing friends appreciating me being so blunt, but yet, that's how I am in deaf culture... just little things.. hearing people seem nervous and unsure about signers and tend to try to tell me off when I sign around them, even when I don't totally realize that I'm signing to begin with. And they even tend to do it even when I voice (something I don't have to do) and sign at the same time. Just little things like that and when I Tell them that I'm trying to keep the two cultures separate (something that after I move in 3 months I know I won't be able to do), they go "Why would you do that?" and I go "Because for my sanity and so I stop getting nasty looks from hearing people who don't understand, I have to." Well I don't word it exactly like that but that's what I always want to say. Yay know?

Seeing the baby Wolf's guenon who was born in January was a real highlight, but getting pictures was so hard as it was all over the place, exploring but omg, so cute! It was also just nice to get out and explore a bit, and have fun. :) Despite getting stuck in traffic on the way home. :)

---------- Post added 05-24-2013 at 10:32 AM ----------

Here are a few pictures that I took at the zoo:

Leopard
Giraffe
Red Panda

Last edited by nemo.love_22; 05-24-2013 at 05:38 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 AM

I wouldn't be offended and none of my friends would be offended. That some people were surprises me. It does remind me though of some of my students. So maybe this will help us understand your friends. It is just a quick story. At my school, we have an International Program that only the best of the best can get into for learning English. They have their own dorms and the classes we teach them is in complete English. The students in our classes get so used to English that when they are in their normal classes or hanging with their friends at meal time, they accidentally switch to English. Their friends get angry and say, "You are just showing off."

So maybe your friends are jealous?

A baby?! That is so awesome!

Oh those are cute pictures! I want to hug that leopard and how you got such a good angle on the giraffe is just amazing. But my favorite has got to be the Red Panda. I wouldn't have guessed that that was what it was. So adorable sleeping there. I thought it looked sorta like a fox but a fox can't be in a tree lol.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-26-2013, 01:20 AM

Could be that their friends are jealous, you really never know.

But I agree that some people surprise me, and when I try to get on their case about it and not to get my case because if I did the same thing to them, they'd get so mad yet they don't understand why I'm upset. >.< *sighs*

Yeah, it was so freaking cute! here is a picture of the mama with the baby. So stinking cute - I found the picture online. I wish I could have gotten this good a picture. *lol*

Thank you very much! I love my camera! I'm shocked at how well that leopard picture turned out actually, and all five of the giraffes were so close to the giraffe viewing platform, and I barely had to zoom in at all to get that picture! Yeah, I love that Red Panda too! Normally one is always moving around, and the other is sleeping so seeing both asleep was great, no having to get frustrated with no good photo opportunities because it was moving. :P So score there!! It is hard to tell what it is from this angle, I do agree with you - it does look fox-ish.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-26-2013, 09:41 PM

Oh man that is a really cute picture. Almost want to curl up with them.

Cameras are a very good thing. I love mine too.

Had a good weekend. A friend took me on a US army base so I could get some beloved Taco Bell. Another friend took me to a BBQ.

How are you doing?

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 PM

I agree, it is an adorable pic! <3
What kind of camera do you have? :)
Oh, awesome! That sounds like a great weekend!
Mine is still going on - ended up at a friends house last night and I'm still here. We are in the process of watching Hellboy 2, we just watched the first one. :) And we're about to head into town to go to the store to get some food for dinner. :)