poo.
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to poo.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:00 PM

OMG, LOOOVEEEE <3333 I was a such a big fan of this. Somehow, it makes me think of Ouran School Host Club, lol. XD I guess because the anime style was so similar and both animes were very very funny, lol <3333

GeminiKizzy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-05-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo.
OMG, LOOOVEEEE <3333 I was a such a big fan of this. Somehow, it makes me think of Ouran School Host Club, lol. XD I guess because the anime style was so similar and both animes were very very funny, lol <3333

A friend of mine told me to check out OSHC. Guess I will now for sure since it reminds you of Fruits Basket. ;p

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 05-10-2007, 05:34 AM

I love fruits basket! It is one of my favourite animes. The story line is great, very touching. It is hard to see those types of animes lately that will just capture your heart from the moment you started watching it to the end.

kumikoXdaisuke
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to kumikoXdaisuke Send a message via MSN to kumikoXdaisuke Send a message via Yahoo to kumikoXdaisuke

Old 05-11-2007, 07:09 AM

I can honestly say I loved the entire manga series! The ending was so great it made me cry!
Well if I were Tohru I would definetly choose Kyo! I love him so much with a passion! Since I never get to talk about him because my friends don't like him and they hate it when I talk about him! But Either way I would like Kyo so much more than Yuki. He's so cute!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-11-2007, 08:01 AM

I've heard a few people make comparisons with Fruits Basket with Ouran High Host Club, but apart from the slight similarities in drawing style I don't see the similarities at all...Fruits Basket is much more deeper, not saying that Ouran is bad, just it's got a much more simple if not somewhat random plot.

lilazngirl100
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 05-19-2007, 03:43 AM

Hmm...in Tohru's view, I would pick Kyo. =]

torhu_anime
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to torhu_anime

Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 PM

i have all the fruit basket manga that have release till now. [ i have to volume 16, i'm waiting for volume 17 to come out]
SPOILER for those who have not finish reading the manga.
i love the manga and i think the anime ending is so unsatisfice.
i have read all of the fruit basket manga on the internet and what i suprised, Akito turn out to be a woman and like NO, it not true, it cant be true cause like Akito look nothing like a woman at all, the percent of Akito being a woman is like zero or 0.01% change that all but nooooooooo, Akito have to be a woman and stuff.
i still think the fruit basket story line is good though most of my friend who read the first few volume of it give up.
well i'm still happy that torhu end up with kyo.
yuki end up with machi.
akito with shigure
hatori with the teacher lady who i dont remenber her name who like hatori very much and know their secret.
momiji can take his role back and be a big brother now [i'm so happy and his sister was cute, asking him to be her big brother and stuff]
rin with haru
hiro can hug his sister now yayayay.

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2007, 09:40 PM

I'd stay away from Tohru. She's too girly and nice for me. Instead, I would go with Kisa. I loved KIsa. She was so cute! If i was Tohru though...i might've actually picked Yuki over Kyo. Kyo was just...to childish about his problems. But if i had been him. I would've tried harder to express myself better. that's always the way to go when you have problems like his.

elissis
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2007, 12:47 PM

i've never read the manga.. so i'm not to sure how to discuss your questions..
but i've watched the anime and liked it X'3

never liked tohru much..
but i like kyo more than yuki, so i would probably choose him

fave character(s)? hmm.. kyo, hiro and kisa X3

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM

I really enjoy the Fruits Basket manga, but the anime was not nearly as good in my opinion. The characters in the series are great, but I did not like how the anime left you hanging, and had no real "conclusion". Many characters and huge plot points were left out of the anime, which was very disappointing.

I am not familiar with Ouran School Host Club so I wouldn't know about any similarities/differences between the series'.

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 PM

I love fruits basket it is so cute ^_^ and has such lovley characters!

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM

Bah, I hate Tohru. D< She's so clumsy and air headed. <-Hate those type of anime girls.

I've read up to volume 14, I was wondering when it will end. I just want to to finish already because it's dragging on. Dx

Lulu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lulu

Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 AM

• The anime wasn't great. I own and read all 16 volumes, I can't wait till the next one comes out.
    I like Kyo better than Yuki, but my final decision would have to be when the series is over. Even though Kyo has a hard time expressing his feelings, I think the kind-hearted Tohru can make out that he means well. I don't like the fact that Tohru often appears to be out of it and a bit of a klutz.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 AM

The manga is one of the best I've ever read, it's soo sad, yet sometimes funny, good blend to keep things interesting.

The anime is also very good and for a long time was also my favourite.

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 07-22-2007, 03:44 PM

• I am still on the third volume since I'm so slow, but this is my all time favorite series.
    Whenever I saw it in the book store I thought it'd be an extremely girly storyline, but so far it doesn't seem so.

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Yun-yun love <33
I've finished all but the last chapter

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to life in red and black Send a message via Yahoo to life in red and black

Old 09-08-2007, 06:24 PM

>.< I've only read up to 13

But I like the series a lot. The story is funny and I like the characters. But the art is still a bit 'off'.

My favorite characters are
Hiro Sohma - the Sheep because I love his personality, how much he loves and takes care of Kisa and dislikes Tohru for it, and of course, because I'm from the Year of the Sheep too! lol

Shigure Sohma - the dog because he rocks and he's sorta dark in a way of how he treats everyone.

Momiji Sohma - the rabbit. I liked him since I first saw his character, and even more, after seeing he's the rabbit! His history is really sad though... T_T

Kyo Sohma - the Cat because I like him better than Yuki. Also, I like his character who tries hard, especially knowing others despise him because of his 'problem'.

Hatori Sohma - the Dragon. I kept on thinking he was horse, like in seahorse, but his character is great because of how he handles their 'Mabudachi Trio'.

Haru Sohma - the cow, because of his blunt personality and he's funny and sweet around Yuki.

Hanajima's little brother - too funny how they introduced him!

Things in Furuba I love - how Shigure keeps on making fun of Kyo's hate of onion, leek, and miso. And of course ShigurexAyaa which creeps everyone else out. I like it when they dwell into each character's history.

mangacatgirl
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-08-2007, 11:55 PM

Wow, it's been years since I actually watched the show... When it got liscenced I was excited, though it wasn't till recently I got any of the DVDs...

So... The other day I watched part of the first DVD. I had it on dub since I was watching with my son and he can't read the subtitles fast enough to follow it. I generally don't care if it's dubbed or subbed as long as it's done well. I was a bit saddened to learn that they dubbed the into and exit songs though. Why did they do that? They were such pretty songs... They just don't... 'flow' quite right... I don't like when the language to songs are switched from one to another because the rhythm of the words and music and the way they flow together gets shifted and changed and the feeling and meaning of the song often gets lost in translation, unfortunately. : /

The dub of the anime itself wasn't bad (From what I saw), though Tohru calling her mom "mudder" all the time was starting to work my nerves... ^.^;

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 09-09-2007, 09:19 PM

Anyways else know that Tohru's english voice was also that of Lust from FMA and Rayne from Bloodrayne?
Yeah...I find it hard to make the connection, too.

Kisa
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM

I seen the anime and read up to 11 in the manga, and they've both been great. My favorite characters are Haru and Kisa.

Freya Sui
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 AM

I love Kyou!
And Momiji of course, cute cute~
I really need to get the mangas >.<

Rufus4Prez
Send a message via AIM to Rufus4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to Rufus4Prez

Old 10-11-2007, 09:38 PM

I love Fruba!! I would have to say it is my favorite anime!! I love MOMIJI!!! I am the year of the horse though. Oh well! I can't wait for the rest of the volumes to come out!! I have seen to the anime too. I thought it was cute! I can't wait for the end of the story! Although it will be sad! :(

naruu
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Fruits Basket is such a sweet series, my favorite characters are Tohru and Ayame.

Hmm, I would choose Kyo if I were Tohru.

Masaki
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Masaki

Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 AM

One of my friends is a huge fan of Fruits Basket.
I like it, but it's not a favorite of mine.

Wee Little Pixi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 AM

I haven't read any of the manga but I've seen all of the anime and I really do love it. ^-^

If I were Tohru I would have melted Kyo and Yuki down, into one person, so I could have the best of both worlds!

If I were in Kyo's position I'd get to work on inventing some sort of extra strong boar repellent. :3