Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 07-29-2007, 10:09 PM

True, we haven't talked in quite some time. @__@ It's cuz you hate me, huh? :x

Christian Bale plays in... American Psycho, too, right?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Naw XD more like cause I just wasn't around Menewsha for a while, for personal reasons (not relating to the site, I was just overwhelmed xP).

I don't know... he's in Newsies, Reign of Fire, Batman Begins (as I said), The Prestige... I don't know what else XD.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:16 PM

I thought I had seen less of you, but I figured it was because we hang around different forums. n_n; Welcome back, then! x3

I... Haven't seen any of those. I'm so movie challenged. D:
I've seen The Illusionist, which is somewhat like The Prestige. Minus Christian Bale.
But it has Edward Norton. ^_^

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 07-29-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah, I saw that one, too xD. It was kind of disappointing, I suppose, but I liked it, anyway, since I usually like movies unless they're really dumb or something Dx. I'm pretty easily satisfied, and... well, I usually find that to be a good thing XD then I'm easily pleased. Yet at the same time, picky!

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:23 PM

Same here. xD I think there's only been one movie that I've disliked to a point where I remember disliking it, and that was Boogeyman. -_-
I'm usually pleased with movies, or at least somewhat entertained. x3
I thought The Illusionist was cute, though. :o

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 PM

It was, it was XD. It was different. I liked the Prince character, simply because I hate him so much :evil:.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:28 PM

That's an odd reason to like someone. o.o
Is it sort of like how guys picked on girls because they liked them? Although I think that's backwards. x.x;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:29 PM

I mean from a storybook perspective, you like the character because it's so well done that you just hate him so thoroughly. You know what I mean?

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:33 PM

Ah, yes, I do know what you mean.
I find it amusing when movies or books or even games can make you hate or love a character so much.
But that just makes the story so much more interesting. <3

Oooh, like this one book I read a few months ago called Out. There was this girl that was an absolute pig in every sense of the word (except the animal sense, I like piggies), and made me disgusted beyond belief. :x But she played such a interesting part in the book that I was able to stand her. xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM

Exactly, haha. When you hate a character so much it makes an impact on the story - and it makes you sympathize with the hero! Really that's the point in the story, you're supposed to hate the villain, if you really have a feeling for the character there's a point to it, there's a reason for it, no matter how much you hate them you wouldn't want them gone, because if there were, something would most certainly be missing from the story.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM

What this about Christian Bale?
Who's full of the sexy and wonderfulness!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
What this about Christian Bale?
Who's full of the sexy and wonderfulness!

XD.

I'm watching Batman Begins right now. That's what about Christian Bale XD.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 PM

Wonderful movie. That is one I need to work on owning.

Not that long ago, we did a christian bale movie night. Seen "Equalibirum"?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 PM

No, no I haven't XD. Only seen a couple of movies he's in, the first time I heard of him was a while back when I was obsessed with Newsies.

I have this movie, well we do, on DVD, our parents bought it for us for Christmas.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 PM

Ah, Should watch the movie.

I'm a fan of his. He does some amazing work and a good actor, not to mention hawt. I think Equalibrium is one of his best movies. After that, The Prestige. Batman Begins also good.

As long as the current director stays, he' agreed to play Batman in all the rest of the movies. Which is nice now. Got a stable batman.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Hey, that's good for him XD. He's a good Batman.

What's Equilibrium about, then? xP.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM

Set in the future. A mixture of "Brave new World" and "1984" among others.
All emotion has been wiped out, do to a drug that the entire society takes, in order to keep the world at complete peace. No emotion, means no war, violence or other hateful acts.
Also, anything that one could have emotion attachment to, such as art, music, books, clothing, housing decrorations, and so fourth has been removed, and is slowly and completely being destoryed. Almost everyone wears the same out fit, same style housing, everything is the same for everyone.
And Christian Bale character is one the Clerics, who's job is to remove Sense offenders an items that do said things.

Tis a very good movie. Also done incredibly well for having almost no budget!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 10:59 PM

I see, I see, sounds interesting. I'll definitely be on the lookout for it to check it out XD.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2007, 11:04 PM

Should be at any movie rental place. And deffinantly should be on net flicks if not.
I highly recommend it.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 11:08 PM

Yes yes XD. I don't know how well I'll be able to get it for myself though, I don't control the Netflix and I don't rent movies XD.

Zoop

Old 07-29-2007, 11:10 PM

>>
<<
Hey, what's up? :'D

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2007, 11:11 PM

Ah. Hmm, well not sure.
Could go buy it. I mean, it;s a good movie to have in you collection. That or pester family to rent it next time they go to rent movies.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop
>>
<<
Hey, what's up? :'D

Hey there Zoop ^^.

Akasha... Yeah, I could XD. Like I said we don't rent movies, but I'm sure I'll get to see it at some point XD.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2007, 11:37 PM

Ok.

Hi there Zoop!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 PM

I hate hormones XD.