Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 12:14 AM

When Daylen spoke, Contessa's attention was on him. "Oh yes I was meaning to talk to you about that actually." she admitted and smiled when he said she could have it. However, when he mentioned helping her out, her smile widened. "Oh Daylen do you really mean that?!" she asked, surprised but extremely happy and excited to start a garden of her own. A slight blush spread across her cheeks when he mentioned that this would be her house. He was right, she'd be living here the moment she got married and part of her was sad because she wouldn't be with her family, but she was going to make sure to visit as much as was possible. She would even visit alone since she didn't want to bother Daylen while he worked.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-18-2015, 01:54 AM

Daylen just nodded, he did mean it. It would give them time to get to know each other and not feel so awkward when they were alone. He just walked up to Contessa and gently grabbed her hand. "This way." He said slightly softer than normal before leading her into the hallway. He lead her to the second door passed his study and opened the glass door to the solarium. He lead her inside the large glass room. The room was full of dead plants, ashes and dirty as it could be, he let go of her hand and cleared his throat softly. "I am sorry its in bad shape." He said embarrassed by its appearance. It was obvious that he never entered this room and that's why it was that way. There was a part of the glass that was covered in black soot. "I use to play in here all the time with my father and Sirus. My mother closed it off shortly after he past away, I guess I got use to never coming here and thats why its in such bad condition." He smiled at her. "Those ashes are leftovers from the day of the funeral. Bits of my clothing and plants, nothing disturbing." He told Contessa hoping she wouldn't think it was someone and be freaked out.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 06:02 AM

Contessa blinked in surprise and walked with him, hand in hand over to the solarium. However, when she got there what she saw saddened her. "Oh no..." she said and fell to her knees, her fingers lightly tracing over the dried up plants. "I understand that maybe this place holds some bad memories for you...but the poor plants still need attention. It's...it's not their fault." she said, freaking out at the sight of dead plants. "This is bad..." she said mostly to herself as she hesitantly started tearing out the dead plants from the ground. She looked at the ashes but left them their out of respect, the dead plants though were going to be thrown out now. It saddened her but she was going to make sure no more plants had to die. She was going to do her best to keep them alive. He wasn't disturbed by the sight, but then of course he wasn't a fairy, he didn't love plants like she did. It wasn't his fault either though, she couldn't be angry with him.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-18-2015, 05:38 PM

Daylen just watched Contessa as she started to removed the dead plants from the ground. She was clearly a fairy with the love she had for plants, he actually liked that. He knelt down beside her and started to help her. "I'm sorry, I should have taken better care of them." He told her softly as he stacked the dead plants close to together as he removed them from the ground. "Even if my mother hadn't sealed this room off, I still couldn't find myself to come here." He said sadly. Daylen stopped and sighed lightly. "This was my father's solarium. He use to grow all his alchemy ingredients here." He smiled slightly at the memories. "This place was always buzzing with bees and other insects. There were plants he invented that smelt so enchanting that you would never want to leave..." He said slowly before trailing off. His light smile fading from his face only to be replaced with sadness. He motioned to wall on the far side of the room. It was completely charcoaled and near crumbling. "After the accident I would have never left this room but I couldn't control my powers." He said softly looking at the pile of decayed plants. "I was destroying everything I touched. Shortly after that, my mother locked this room and moved into your summer house with Sirus." He never looked at her ask he spoke. "I stayed here but never left my room. I didn't want anyone else to die the way my father did." He looked at her weakly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let it get this way." He said completely honestly, he still should have taking care of it.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 08:12 PM

Contessa's dress had some dirt smudges but she didn't care and continued to tear out the dead plants. She stopped working and turned to face Daylen who was now beside her helping, and talking. It was like some sort of spell, she couldn't help but watch him when he spoke to her. She frowned when he told her the story behind the withered plants and now she felt terrible. "I...I'm sorry Daylen. I didn't mean to get so upset. I should have held my tongue." she said and smiled sadly. "It's not your fault, none of that is your fault Daylen. So please don't keep thinking everything is your fault because I know it's not." she said, hoping she could cheer him up instead of bring him down. A good wife always cheered up her husband right? Looking back at what was left, she frowned slightly and sighed sadly. "It's all gone now." she said mostly to herself and looked down at the dead plants in her hands.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-18-2015, 08:59 PM

Daylen just smiled at her softly, he knew it was accident but it was still his fault; deep down he knew that. He wasn't upset by her statements about the condition of the place, it was true after all. "It was a horrible accident but still my fault." He told her plainly. "I just had no control over it." He replied softly to her. He looked around the room before smiling softly. He needed to change the subject before he got her too depressed from his rather lonely and horrible past. "My illusionary magic is no where near Sirus', however..." He gently touched Contessa's dirt covered hand, his soft smile never faded as he spoke. The room was acting as if time was rewinding, the charcoal, decaying plants ashes all spun backwards into the once proud garden his father worked so hard on. The plants were luscious green and flowers scenting the air. Humming of bees and butterflies of all color filled the air. The sun shown through the glass above to light up the crystal clear windows and plants. "This how it use to look." He told her sweetly. "It's only an illusion however, once I stop touching your hand it will all faded back to decay and ashes." He told her to let her know it would eventually faded after he stopping touching her hand.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 09:16 PM

"Well I don't think it's your fault Daylen..." she said quietly but didn't want to start an argument with him. She knew he was going to think that way all his life and that there was probably nothing she could do to change his mind. Illusionary magic? Daylen knew illusionary magic?! she thought to herself and blushed softly when he touched her hand. Her eye widened at what she saw next though. Everything was alive again and the grin on her face couldn't be any bigger even if she tried. "Oh my, it's...it's beautiful!" she gasped and reached out with her other hand to lightly touch the plants. "This is what it will look like when I'm done with it. Well I hope so anyway. It might not look exactly the same but I'll try my best to bring it back to its former glory." she explained, determined to cheer him up one way or another.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 PM

Daylen smiled lightly listening to her, she seemed very sweet and easily impressed. "I'm sure it will be better." He replied quietly, if she put in the same passion she showed towards the dead plants then he was positive it would be better than any illusion he could conjure. "So this is were you two disappeared to!" A voice sounded loudly and chuckled shortly after. The voice had startled Daylen to the point he instinctively let go of Contessa's hand and turning the room back into the dark and gloomy place it really was. "Awe, I kill the illusion." Sirus said playfully pouting then smiled playfully. "I haven't seen you use that power in ages. I was beginning to think you had lost it." He then got into his brother's face, maybe an inch away. "Do you still have your creepy vision one?" He asked curiously. "Sirus get out of my face." Daylen hissed lightly and pushed him away. He hated when he got really close to him when he wasn't blinking somewhere. "Well sorry Mr. grumpy." Sirus said playfully at his annoyed brother.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 10:13 PM

Contessa smiled as she looked at the lovely flowers, gently running her fingertips over them. Hearing a sudden voice, she turned to see who it was and smiled seeing Sirus there. Her smile quickly vanished and was replaced by a frown when the lovely flowers were gone. "They're all gone." she said and frowned as she looked down at the dead plants in her hands. She looked over at both Daylen and Sirus and smiled sadly at their interaction. Right now wouldn't be a good time for Sirus to pull a prank on his brother but knowing Sirus, he'd probably do it anyway. "Welcome back Sirus." Contessa said softly and started picking up all the dead plants as she stood up with them in her arms. She was going to throw them out and get some seeds to plant as soon as possible. Contessa made a mental note to talk to her mother about this and hopefully they would go to the garden store to buy seeds.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-18-2015, 10:42 PM

They both couldn't help but notice the small frown that formed on Contessa's face after the illusion had gone. "Oh dear, did I interrupt something?" Daylen just looked at him plainly, it was kind of obvious that he did. "What do you think?" Daylen asked his older brother before standing and dusting himself off. He wasn't trying to romance her or win her over, just trying to break the awkwardness that still surfaces between them from time to time. "Oh, hehe." Sirus smiled playfully at both Contessa and his little brother. "My badness." He said playfully as he watched Daylen take the dead plants from her. "I'll get these for you." Daylen said softly before leaving to throw away the dead plants. Sirus just watch him leave and then turn to Contessa before snickering. "I have a secret." He said playfully to Contessa. CLapping his hands together in a giggly fashion. He hoped that she would bite and ask about the secret he had.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 11:05 PM

Contessa shook her head and offered a small smile to Sirus. She was surprised that Daylen offered but nodded, "Oh...Okay then." she said and thanked him as she watched him leave. She turned her attention to Sirus who had mentioned a secret and that captured her interest. "A secret?" she repeated. "Who is this secret regarding, and are you sure you won't get in trouble for not keeping the secret?" she asked but hoped he would tell her anyway. She was quite the curious little fairy and wondered what the secret was about. Was it regarding the meeting they had? Or was it regarding something else more...personal? She wasn't sure but whatever it was, she hoped no one got in trouble for knowing it. Looking down at the dirt on her dress, she started dusting it off as best as she could and dusted off her hands. Contessa was going to have to check for dirt in her metal arm and have it airbrushed clean.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-18-2015, 11:28 PM

Sirus just grinned excitedly when she asked about the secret. He disappeared only to reappear closer to her. "It's about your betrothal." He said in his playful tone. He leaned over to the door to make sure Daylen was nowhere in sight before turning to her. He would mostly like be scolded by his little brother but what else was new. "Daylen is planning to ask for your father's blessing on the marriage tomorrow." He chirped excitedly and once again playfully clapped his hands together. "My brother has always been old fashion like that, a romantic in a way." He said smiling in his boyish way. He blink to the door and looked out and giggled softly as he heard a clattered in the kitchen then bursted into laughter. Sirus eyes widen and the sight of his brother entering the hall. "Oh my." He said at the dripping wet Daylen. Soap bubbles randomly clinging to his clothes. The look on his face was hilarious to Sirus which cause him into another fit of laughter. He had place slippery substance on the kitchen floor and filled the sink with very soapy water. He couldn't help but laugh at the results of his prank.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2015, 11:44 PM

Contessa kept her eyes on him and raised an eyebrow. "What about it Sirus?" she asked and gasped when he revealed the secret to her. "R-really?!" she asked and started to freak out. "Oh no, Isn't...Isn't it too soon? I mean we...we hardly know each other." she explained in a panicked voice. Her father was obviously going to give him his blessing, but that didn't make it less scary. She was scared, she truly was. Only because she didn't want to disappoint anyone. Most importantly Daylen. "Oh dear..." she said to herself and twiddled her thumbs nervously. Hearing a loud noise of pots and pans clattering to the floor, Contessa peaked over Sirus' shoulder and gasped when she saw Daylen covered in soapy water. She couldn't help but chuckle softly and shake her head. "Oh dear Sirus, look at what you did. He is going to be rather cross with you." she commented.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-19-2015, 12:30 AM

Through snickers Sirus somehow manage to speak "Well the Elders are forcing the marriage; not that it is a bad thing." He quickly chimed in sweetly. "So he would atleast like to be somewhat traditional. Our father told us to respect the man who would be our father-in-law. To ask for his blessing before marriage and only if he gives it can marry his daughter. " He said smiling widely. "So in a way, if your father doesn't then he'll start his battle against the Elders again. Though..." He said thinking, his left index finger resting against his bottom lip. "We'll have to make sure our families don't start killing each other again." Sirus looked at her serious. "Our branch was never involved in the war. That was all cousins, aunts and uncles. Who are all very unhappy about this union." He turned his serious face into his normal playfully one. "Sucks for them now, doesn't it." He said giggling.

Daylen had walked to his room dripping wet, little droplet trailed on the floor behind him. How he hated his brother's pranks. They always made him change or have to clean of the stuff splattered into them. He went into the bathroom to raise the soap out of his long black hair and off his body so he wouldn't be itchy from the dried soap. Once that was done, Daylen left the bathroom only in loose fitting pants and a towel over his head. He was slightly muscular than average due to being an engineer. He often had to move heavy sheets of metal or hold them in place for quite a while which helped sculpt his physique. With one hand holding the towel he started to dry off his hair. He never went to yell at Sirus, wouldn't do much good and he just wanted to get out of the wet clothes before he started to get itchy.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-19-2015, 05:17 AM

"Well I think that was very wise of your father to have taught you that." Contessa started and chuckled, "I can assure you that my father will give him his blessing." she said and frowned slightly. "So it was your cousins who were the reason I lost an eye and an arm?!" she asked and shook her head. "I don't want to loose my other arm or eye, or a leg." she said and crossed her arms across her chest. "Yes it does, and they'll have to deal with it. Because believe it or not, I'm looking forward to the wedding." she said and blushed. "Please...please don't tell anyone I said that. I don't want anyone to think I'm weird or something." she explained.

Looking over at Daylen, she noticed him walk in silence over to his room and wondered if he was okay. Well obviously he was okay but he was obviously upset right? Maybe she could try to cheer him up? Would he think she was weird or desperate for attention though? She hoped not, she just wanted to be a good fiance. Looking over at Sirus she smiled, "I'm going to go check on him. You should probably run if you don't want him to scold you for what you did." she said. She had to admit that the prank was a pretty funny one, but she feared that one prank might send Daylen over the edge and she sure didn't want that to happen. "Excuse me Sirus." she said and walked over to the room she had seen him walk into. Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly and knocked before opening the door. ""Hi, sorry for intruding....I just wanted to see if you were okay." she said as she closed the door behind her and looked at him. A bright red blush spread across her face when she noticed that he had no shirt on. "Oh...Oh I'm s-sorry really." she said and quickly looked down at her feet and closed her eye, stumbling backwards, trying to find the door handle.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-20-2015, 12:54 AM

Sirus made a sad face to Contessa's words. His family was the cause of her missing limbs, he didn't like that at all. Perhaps he would have to make them pay for that in some form a way; granted Daylen could do a lot worse than anything he could conjure up. He smiled upon hearing her words on the wedding. He chuckled at his thoughts. They seemed perfect for each other in his view. "I give you my word." He would try to keep it but there was no promises, until after the wedding at least. Sirus just nodded before blinking away into thin air. He figured it was her way of telling him she wanted to be alone with Daylen. Okay so he knew better but that was his story and he was sticking to it. However, Sirus was going to get scolding later most likely. He always did either by Daylen or his mother.

Daylen never heard the knock just the following voice of Contessa. His eyes widened slightly as his face turned the brightest red it had ever been in his life. He slowly turned to see her at his bedroom door. Her face went down towards the floor as she backed up and desperately searching for the door handle. He tossed the towel onto the bed before quickly grabbing his clean shirt of the bed. He pulled it over as fast as he could. He opened his mouth but couldn't say anything out of embarrassment. He wasn't use to being seen shirtless, not even Sirus saw him shirtless. Contessa was the first to see him after all the scars had forcingly healed by tonics which made it all the more embarrassing. He slightly choked on his silva as he tried to force the words out. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't hear your knocks or I would have warned you." Daylen managed to choke out. He couldn't looked at her, he tilted his head forward towards the marble floor so he could hide behind his hair. It was rather embarrassing even if they were to be married.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-20-2015, 01:42 AM

Contessa only shook her head and gave up trying to find the door handle. "I didn't use my loud hand." she said and held out her metal hand. "I...I'll just go now. S-sorry again for disturbing you, I really am sorry." she said and frowned. She was so embarrassed and wished that the floor would just swallow her up. She wanted to disappear and she knew how to do that. Sniffling, she crossed her arms across her chest and kept her eyes closed as she wiggled her nose and vanished, leaving a glittering outline of her body where she once stood. Opening her eyes, she didn't know where she was, but she was obviously still in Daylen's house. "Where am I?" she asked herself and looked around the large room. "Is this...a ball room?" she asked herself and walked around there, looking up at the fancy ceiling lamps and the lovely large windows. It was a very beautiful room, just like everything else in his house.

Frowning as she remembered what happened, she sat on the floor and hugged her knees to her chest and buried her head in her arms sadly. She knew that Daylen probably thought she was a weirdo rude person. I should have waited for him to exit his room. What business did I have to go inside his room like that? It's his room and I should have respected him and given him some privacy in his own house. You're so stupid Contessa! she scolded herself mentally and fought back the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-20-2015, 02:19 AM

Daylen still couldn't find himself to look at her, his face was still as red as it could be. He never got a chance to even reply before she disappeared, leaving a glitter form of her once self. He just looked at the place where the glitter was slowly disappearing. She could teleport like the rest of his family, was he the only one without that power? He tried his best to stop his blushing face. She saw him shirtless, the more he thought of it the more his face flushed red again.

Sirus couldn't help but burst out laughing, filling the ballroom with his voice. He had been stalking her since she excused herself. He was suppose to be their chaperone so he was basically always watching them when they were alone. His family was very old fashion. "That was hilarious." He simply said in his playful voice. "I have never in my life seen Daylen turn so red." He said appearing near Contessa. He knelt down beside her giggling. "Oh, my dear Contessa. Don't be embarrassed." He said lightly placing his arm around her comforting. "He is your future husband, you're bound to see more of him." He said chuckling at her embarrassment, he was just trying to lighten her mood but he knew he was failing. He smiled sweetly at her, "Left hand or right ?" He asked holding out both of his hands in fist, his arm never leaving her shoulders.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-20-2015, 02:57 AM

Contessa gasped and looked up when she heard Sirus laughing but didn't see him. Quickly, she wiped away her tears and frowned. "That was not funny Sirus, it was humiliating." she said and looked around for him, only to be surprised when he appeared right beside her. "It might have been funny to watch but I don't find it funny and I don't think Daylen finds it funny either." she explained and shook her head. "I really don't want to see anything more. Not right now anyway." she muttered sadly and traced circles on the tile flooring. It seemed she wasn't the only one embarrassed. How was she ever going to face Daylen again after this? Looking over at Sirus she frowned and stared at his hands. "I don't know." she said and thought for a second. "I'll go with left." she said quietly as she sat there on the floor, knees to her chest. "Maybe I should go home now Sirus, I don't think I can face Daylen for a while after this incident." she commented softly.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-20-2015, 03:37 AM

Sirus couldn't help but chuckle at the past event, it was extremely funny in his eyes. He opened his left hand to reveal nothing then his right, also empty. He just smiled at her. "The point of this is to show you that you never know what you get with your actions. Some may be embarrassing to the point you want the floor to open up and swallow you whole, but..." He closed his left hand then opened to reveal a seed. "If you hang in there for just a while longer it could turn into something beautiful." He said happily placing the seed in her hand. "Embarrassing moments is what makes it all the more real." He said playfully nudging her. "You might as well get the first one over with." He said playfully to her, Sirus hoped his little words of wisdom would help her in some small way.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-20-2015, 03:50 AM

Listening to his words, Contessa knew he was right. Life was full of choices with consequences, and some of them would be embarrassing. That didn't mean it was the end of the world though. She had to learn to carry on no matter what happened because focusing on one action wasn't going to make it go away. "You're right Sirus, you're absolutely right." she said and managed to smile at him after lifting her face from her knees. Her attention went to the seed in his hand and was surprised when he handed it to her. It would be her first plant, and she wondered what it would grow into. "Thank-you Sirus, you're really good at cheering people up." she said and hugged him happily. "Well then, shall we go plant this little seed?" she asked him warmly.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-20-2015, 05:18 PM

Sirus just chuckled playfully. "Well of course I'm right, I am the older brother after all." He said happily. "And also the better looking one." He said lightly nudging her again with his elbow even though both Daylen and himself were identical in every way; well look wise. Sirus still love to say that. He softly hugged her back and smiled at her. Cheering people up was one of his few talents. Daylen had all the important ones like intelligence and quick-wits, but he was charismatic and somewhat wise. "Lets." He said smiling sweetly at her before placing his hand on her shoulder. Sirus blinked them into the solarium and took his hand off her shoulder. "Have I ever told you the story when I first got my conjuring abilities?" He knew he didn't but just he knew the story would cause her to laugh at him. "Well when I was little, around seven. I developed my first ability as did Daylen. Well like him I couldn't control it." He said snickering at the memories. "One night I went to read my favorite book, it was about dinosaurs and I accidently bought one to life in our bedroom; Daylen I shared before our abilities." He quickly added that last bit of information to help the story along. "Well Daylen got mad because the dinosaur was a T-rex." He giggled and looked at Contessa. "Our mother came in after hearing a roar and loud noises. I'm not sure how she did it but she waved her hand and the dinosaur was gone. Vanished without a trace. I swear I have been scared of my mother ever since." He said smiling. "One of the last memories I have of Daylen and I having fun." Sirus said smiling cheerfully at his story.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-20-2015, 07:10 PM

Contessa chuckled at his comment and shook her head, he was always so silly. It always helped to lighten the mood. "Yes you are, the older brother is usually always right." she agreed and looked at the ground when they appeared in the solarium. "Hmmm..." she said smoothed out thee ground with her hands as she listened to his story. "You really brought a dinosaur to life in your room?!" she asked, obviously surprised. "Did it do anything?" she asked curiously, glancing at Sirus before digging a small hole in the ground and dropping the seed inside. She then proceeded to cover the hole up nicely before looking for a watering can to use. "I'll admit that I'd be afraid too if I saw someone just make the huge thing vanish as if it was nothing to worry about." she admitted and nodded. "It sounds like both you and Daylen always played together when you were younger correct?" she asked quietly and dusted her hands off, looking over at him.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-20-2015, 07:38 PM

Sirus just watched her dig the hole for the seed, he never stopped smiling. "Oh it tried to eat us." He said chuckling. "It ate Daylen's pillows and half his bed." He could remember both of them panicking as it chased them around the room trying to eat them but only succeeding in eating the furniture. He nodded. "Daylen and I played allot until his powers." Sirus said still cheerfully. "He moved to a different room after he set our room on fire." He chuckled remembering that day as well. "It was pretty funny. It was my fault." Sirus admitted happily. "I played a prank on him and it scared him so bad then poof went the curtains and half the room." He covered his mouth as he chuckled. "In a way I guess I helped him figure out his trigger for his powers." He said joking of course but somewhat truthful. He always play pranks just like his father and he always got in trouble. Sirus just waved his hand to bring a full water can in front of Contessa. He had allot of memories that made him laugh but very few with his brother f=after he got his powers.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-20-2015, 08:00 PM

"Oh dear! It did?" she asked, her eye wide and her hands over her mouth in shock. "Well I'm very happy that it didn't eat any of you. Furniture can always be replaced, people can not." she explained and listened to the nice stories Sirus was telling her, a smile on her face now. Contessa couldn't help but chuckle when she mentioned half the room being burned. "Oh my goodness, poor Daylen. It must have been very scary whatever it was to cause him to do that." she commented and nodded at what he said. "Yes, I guess you actually did which is good." she agreed and blinked in surprise when he blinked up a watering can for her. "Thank-you Kindly Sirus." she said and watered the little seed. "So...you two don't spend time together anymore?" she asked curiously. "I mean, you are brothers, you must spend some time together I am sure." Contessa noted.