Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 03:56 PM

Table of contents! That's what it's called
Yes we need one of those
Im just personally fed up with the comments "what are these points for?!" or "why are we counting"
It's okay when I see this a few times, but then it just gets annoying, seem like I took my time to write everything out for no reason.
I hate that feeling, mostly because I don't have a toon of free time and when I do it feels like its all for nothing.
I just want everyone to read. Like that should be one of our rules.... Please read all of page one!

That's for commenting on the avi contest Maria
I really like that idea..... I may do something like that

I will also get my laziness in check and search my mule for more prizes.
I don't want to keep using all the same lame prizes, even though it should be the thought that counts.
I just hate using the MP to buy prizes, and I love my hoard, but I will get over it.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM

we arre always going to get those questions, Vic.
i'lll do what y'all don't want to do.
i rreally don't have anything to do anymore.
i think i got three caption contest entries.
i still have 16k worth of items in a holded trade.
i owe a few more arrrtsu, belle didn't do any of them.
i hope she is okay, i miss her very much.

i don't know what else to say, Vic, i'm the one who asked for it to be dones this way.
everry tohter time i had ocmplaints to have posts together.
i can't please eeverryone.
just tell me what ot put and i will.
also what i should do, thanks.

Last edited by hummy; 05-30-2012 at 04:34 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2012, 05:07 PM

There will always be someone who only skims over the rules and then hounds us with questions but I do think a table of contents would be nice to organize users so they can get to everyone else's posts quickly instead of searching through the thread.

I can see pluses and minuses for having the posts be every other person and grouped altogether. There isn't going to be on way that pleases everyone but we should try what we have on the front page this time and see if it works better. I think I like this better only because there was always going to be someone at the bottom of the page that everyone ignored doing it the other way (like hummy had four posts, then aya, then vicky, then me, then bella..and not many people saw bella's posts)...but we'll see.

Hummy - I think you should do what you want! Page prizes, games, I loved your quote the hummingbird games...it was SO random and the users really enjoyed it.

Do you need someone to fill in for Belle? I might not be as good an artist as she - I mean - we have two totally different styles - but you can offer my art in the trade instead since you haven't heard from her?

I wonder what happened to her?

I want to say this though - I really enjoy working with ALL of you. We will do this each time - debate what went right and what went wrong...what needs to be changed and what could stay the same. We're always evolving to give not only the users a great thread...but ensure that we have fun and we have an easy time running it.

I like that we are back to the original four - it looks much less crowded on the front page with only FOUR people. And we don't have to do every kind of contest everytime. We can do an art contest this time, an avvie contest next time, maybe some word games at some point, story games, etc. Just to change it up...not only for the users but for us as well :)

@Hummy - I do think the first post should be something like using Aya's banner that says "RAK" on it - centered in the top middle. Then quickly explain who we are and what we do with a table of contents to your first post, my first post, aya's first post, and vicky's first post (that way users can quickly find the posts)....and then user your second post as your first post...kinda like how Aya did (again - I copied her posts lol)

What do you think of that idea? i mean - feel free to say no to it XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 05:47 PM

just tell me what to post where.
i'm sorry, i will always post in teal font.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 05:57 PM

Hummy Im a bit confused on what your commenting on? The first post being cultured? What don't we want to do?

What did you ask to be done, what way hummy?
Sorry but I'm kinda lost....

I know we will get a few of those questions, but I felt like it was more then before, because we had the thread open before the event, but everyone was still confused. I do understand why now, I guess more people do come on during events; not everyone knew was going on.

I agree Maria, I like the feedback part, for ourself and the users. I'm not usually out spoken, but since you all kindly made me apart of this, I just want us to do better, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and I don't want you three to think in useless. I just also want to better myself.

I like the idea of breaking down the contest, and mixing it up. And all four of us don't have to do a contest, it can be two contest where we all help each other out.

I like your table of contents idea Maria

Hummy I wasn't trying to bash your teal font, I just don't want it to be like teal, green, blue, blah blah
Like I had so many didn't colors going on, it's just a bit uninviting, seems all over the place.

Post in teal in cool with that, I was just throwing didn't things out there.
Sorry if I made you upset.

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 03:59 PM ----------

Oh can I borrow those little banners?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM

D: I didn't mean to upset anyone if I did?
Just posting suggestions is all.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 PM

i don't know what 'cultured' posts means.
i'm not upset.
i just don't know what to put where,
is all.
i'll post what y'all want where.
i'm not complaining or upset.

Vic~~i ddin't read the wall of text.
little thireenteen inch screen/bad yese.
:oops:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM

I just don't want you to think I'm a control freak or something XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 06:13 PM

i took out my banner.
just let me know what to put where.
it's fine Maria.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-30-2012, 06:18 PM

alrighty hummy <3

Use that in the first post? Since it says RAK on it? Center it at the top - and then you can write about RAk underneath it?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 PM

it's kinda big, isn't it?
okiedokie.
what do you want posted?

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Okay hummy
I don't want to tell anyone what to do or anything

I didnt notice we started writing things on the first page.
So forgive me if I'm slow, and didn't notice.

I like that banner, and would like to use some, so if Aya and Maria can point me to them, I can get started on my post when I get home from school. Thank you

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 PM

i'm good with you telling me what you want, Vic.
Aya has four banners on the second page,
i believe.
she saidc it's fine to use them.

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviouslyAya View Post
You can use any of these;

sorry, i was wrong.
it is on page three.
quoted for ease,
in case you are on yourf phone.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Thank you hummy

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM

anytime, Vic.

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM

AH I missed a lot of idea swapping!! :mrmayor: *catches up*

• Yes hummysama, we don't want you to feel like we're controlling things. Especially me :oops: I like to plan and organize and make things pretty & sensical. Sometimes I get caught up in it and step on people's toes, but I don't mean anything negative by it. I do think our front pages are a bit random at times, and having more of a consistent flow would make users more likely to read.

Pfft, we love your teal font, it's so much a part of you!! I like the color code font idea. Maria, I'm thinking you want red? xD I'm good with blue, green or purple. So Vicky if you have a color you really want, you can pick first. I usually type in black (*lazy*) but I like the idea of using the colors in the thread in one way or another.
  • Vicky you're not a bother at all :heart: I like having an avatar contest in general. It doesn't have to be an official one, and it could be held by you or hummy, or you can each have one. Like Maria said, we can change it up as we like with each thread, as long as we keep the masses informed.

And I also like Maria's idea of short 10-page avatar contests. I think our thread should have variety in activities, which doesn't mean we have to have a TON or anything. There are some users who really like making avatars! We can play it by ear, as long as whatever we DO play has the rules fully explained at one point.

I don't think anything but 100% good of you!! None of us are lazy (well, now and then maybe), we all play a part in this team and I think we're fantastic. Just because an avatar contests isn't as visible on a page-to-page basis (like post counting and page prizes) doesn't mean you're not involved :hug:
  • I think we are decided on page prizes! Should we mention them on the first page somewhere, or keep it totally in the dark and surprise everyone now and then? It's not like there are really any rules when it comes to random page prizes, lol. Another thing, I don't want y'all to feel inferior when it comes to prizes (. _.) It's not my intention to out-do everyone. So please don't feel bad, or like you aren't doing enough. I'm very happy to promote the wonderfulness that hummy has started and continues to inspire; RAK!
  • I don't think it's a bad thing to have reserved posts or extend information past the first page, for those who want to read further. I just think we should make sure to have the key stuff on the front page this time. Last time I put the raffle rules on the second page, which is maybe why not everyone read them. As long as we try and keep important stuff on the first page, there isn't a reason why we can't go into the 2nd or 3rd pages!
  • I'm glad you guys like my banners! All I did was cut images by Mene down to the same size and border them. I googled trying to find good options and then discovered their DA page! I can make some more, I just chose the ones I like the most first, lol. And hummy, I wouldn't worry too much about the size. They are a good size and since they aren't animated or a large file size, it shouldn't slow down the loading of the front page!
  • Hummy, everyone seemed to really like your Teal themed avatar contest!! And as Maria said, I like your "Quote the" games, like with the hummingbirds. You're wonder woman to me, you can do whatever you wanna! Even if you didn't host any games, you're THE main hostess, you started it all. And we love every moment you spend with us in our RAK threads :hug:

AND I am officially done with work for the day :boogie:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 PM

like i said, i'm good with whatever is leftover/no one wants to do.
i'll wait until y'all have your sutf up.
i put the same thing in all of my first posts,
but please jsut let me know what y'all want it to say.

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

♥♥♥♥♥RANDOM ACTS of KINDNESS♥♥♥♥♥
brings you another small giveaway threadie for your posting pleasures!
♥please follow all of menewsha's TOS's
♥please be kind to one another.
♥please pass along some kindness.
♥and have tons of fun!

welcome home, Aya♥!

Last edited by hummy; 05-30-2012 at 10:00 PM..

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 PM

Well I really like blue
But if you want it Aya, I can go with purple once a least favorite of mines
now I like purple very much

Thank you Aya, Im so glad you commented on that
and you have really made me feel better :heart: :hug:

We can maybe stat that people will win prizes at random?
or it can be a surprise

it would be nice to get some more of those lovely banners?
maybe to switch it up
I dont want mines clashing with Maria
or is it alright?

lol congrats Aya
sadly i work tomorrow, and I hate it there

I still have to cook for today
and I forgot to take the meat out before school
so it taking forever to defrost

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-30-2012, 10:27 PM

I has more banners

I can add text to the last one too~

And now to reply!!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 PM

they are pretty for y'alls posts.

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

♥♥♥♥♥RANDOM ACTS of KINDNESS♥♥♥♥♥
brings you another small giveaway threadie for your posting pleasures!
♥please follow all of menewsha's TOS's
♥please be kind to one another.
♥please pass along some kindness.
♥and have tons of fun!
Thanks for using the banner I made hummy, it means a lot to me ♥

I think that sounds great! Except 'small' isn't very correct xD
Our threads seem to BLOW UP, which I love :eager:

Vicky: You can use blue if you want to, or purple.
I like green and blue, so I'll use one or the other :'3

I'm glad (^ O^) We're one awesome team!!

LOL I didn't even read your comment about more banners,
I was already planning on making more for y'all to choose from

Grawr, defrosting meat can take forever *sticks tongue out*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 PM

well, we are a small group♥,
i'm uncomfortable being bragadocious.
:oops:

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 PM

The banners are very cute

hehe I'll use umm purple Aya, I which is up from my everyday life....

yay for more banners

Yes i hate the defrosting method, I was sitting in class like damn! I forgot to put the meat out.... lol
it happens

You mean us for hummy
we are small? if so then yup we are pretty small

The thread is huge though lol

we are pretty awesome! yays!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 PM

i meant our group is small and we have another small thread for everyone to enjoy.
i just don't feel comfortable saying anything more.
if you guys want me to i will.
just let me know what ot sya.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 PM

Its no biggie hummy
Im okay with it