Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 01:57 PM

Yes you wanted to buy it?
We get holidays, but not in the name of summer break We are given holidays in.. April, August and December, or something like that. And we also have atleast one holiday a month, because of the Full moon. I don't get holidays under the name of 'sacrificing everything for the next 2 and a half years'

Oh that's good! How have all your preparations gone? :)

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-06-2014, 02:06 PM

Nah, I just find it pretty to look at. xD So when I saw that A Night in the Graveyard was crossed out in HIM's siggy, I was surprised. xD

Whoa I've always thought that there's a summer break for school in every country. Why? What'll happen in the next 2 and a half years? Are you going to uni?

I've been packing some of my things earlier. I still need a lot of things to pack though. If I were given unlimited bags, I'd probably end up with 5 large luggage to bring with me. xD I'm forcing myself not to think that I'll be leaving Bubu cat here. It does help that she's not in a clingy mood. I hope she'll still be in this mood once I leave, although I know I'll still end up crying
Last week while I was at the other island, my family told me that Bubu ended up wanting to always eat and eat and eat when I left. It was her way to distract herself from missing me when I was gone. When I arrived back, she greeted me immediately. xD Now, she's seen my luggage in the middle of my bedroom again and is sniffing around it. She knows I'll be leaving again.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 02:10 PM

When is summer break? I don't know whether I'll be entering uni, but yes, that's what will happen if I study enough it's extremely competitive which is why we're supposed to devote all our time into studying.

Aww I wish you could take Bubu alone too it's okay, you can skype Bubu when you're free and she (or he?) is a wonderful kitty and you know she'll be the same

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-06-2014, 02:25 PM

Summer break is when there's no school. It's between the end of the school year and the beginning of a new school year. It lasts around 2 to 3 months. Here, summer break for those who are still in school is March to May, a new school year starts in June. I know that the US, Canada, and the UK, their summer break is usually around June to August, some May to July depending on the school or place. I don't know about the other countries though but I thought it would still be something similar, a 2 to 3 months of summer break.

What I did while I was still in school (and with the help of my parents planning too) was I attended one of the top-ranking schools here starting from kindergarten to high school. I got invited pretty easy by a lot of universities when it was time for them to look through our grades. Is your school one of the best there? Like, are some of their students known to be really successful? If so, then you should concentrate on your learning and getting into uni won't be that hard. :3 "Work hard now, have fun later." Also, my dad's favorite quote in the local language: "Ang mahay dili mag una." Roughly translated in English, it's something like: "Regret doesn't come first." Meaning, you only regret after not doing everything you're supposed to do. xD

I agree that she's a wonderful cat but other people wouldn't say the same thing. She's currently in one of my closet, grooming herself. Fun fact: about half of my closet is filled with books. xD

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 02:44 PM

Oh our 'summer break' lasts for.. A month or two, I guess. Our schools start in January, and government schools are given holidays in November or so, because in December we have our ordinary level exams :) international schools usually give lesser holidays, we ended up getting holidays for around a month now I study in a government school, so I think the holidays would be different

Schools don't play any part in university here, sadly. I'm going to a school which has no history of students entering uni (our batch is the first batch in our stream), but it all depends on some kind of a score called Z-score. Z-scores are determined according to the performance of all the students in that area, and the Z-score to enter the medical faculty is the highest out of all the others.

True, if I do enter uni then I can have all the fun I want afterwards in life it's better to study now than to regret later, yes! I don't want to be a housewife looking kids! not any time soon

I'm jealous! My closet is.. A mess I simply shove all my clothes inside and pull out any outfit that I can find at the top

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-06-2014, 03:14 PM

We also have Christmas break (starting mid-December until days after the New Year) and Sembreak, short for semester break, (mid-October until days after Halloween).

Z-score? Ordinary level exams? All these differences between my country's and your country's school really interests me. I'm such a... nerd? xD

Go Lexa! You can do it!

Haha xD I used to read a whole lot. Reading books was the number 1 distraction from my studies. I prefer holding the books that I read instead of reading them using an ipad or ebook reader. It's a big difference to me. xD I like to see the books that I've read too and I also write in the dates when I bought them. :3

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 03:25 PM

How many holidays do you have? O_0 we also have the first term and second term holidays, after exams. And we don't have Halloween

Nerd
?

My parents decided that buying me books was probably not the best idea, my teachers told my parents! So I've gotten used to reading books on an e-reader, iPad or my phone, unless I borrow books from the library

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Urban Dictionary

I used to buy books with my allowance. Instead of buying food or going out with friends, I buy books. xD

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-06-2014, 03:47 PM

Awesome, isn't it?
The allowance I get is not enough to get me at least one book and I'm the one giving out allowances for all of my sisters (not my money! XD) so I have 3 little sisters to answer for

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 07:19 AM

I'M ALIVEEEE Q AQ

Sorry guys for disappearing for so long...

Super long story short: I was hospitalized for eight days, and not having one of those smart phones with Internet connection, I haven't been able to post an update. ^^;;

First time ever hospitalized and I ended up in ICU. >_>

I am never eating free ice cream again. = =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexadis View Post
Oh reminds me!
Check what I dug from Antie's old posts

Omg where did you find this xDDDDD

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 AM

So relieved to hear you're ok Antagonist

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 AM

Thanks Ling

I'm super relieved that I'm okay too ;; I hadn't thought it would be so serious.

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM

ANT!
omg! That must've been one really bad food poisoning for you to be placed in ICU.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM

FOOD POISONING? AND ICU? KILL WHOEVER GAVE YOU ICE CREAM
I'm so so so happy that you're back, Ant

---------- Post added 06-09-2014 at 02:19 PM ----------

And ant, I'm lexa after all

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 AM

Why did you just say you're Lexa? Do you have a different name that others see but I don't? xD

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 08:51 AM

It's because I'm lexa!
I came home grumbling about school, and then see ant!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM

I'm confused. xD

Why what happened at school? At least Ant was able to lift your mood up today :3

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 AM

School was not bad, but it was raining and my shoes and trousers have gone muddy lifted mood x100000!

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-09-2014, 09:02 AM

Ooh, that brings me in a not so pleasant mood too, especially when the wetness of the rain has somehow seeped into my shoes. Dx

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 09:07 AM

Yes. We should be able to wear brown shoes during rain! The school I went to before had BROWN skirt and BROWN shoes, by the way
But now I look like a nurse, it's completely white except for the badge

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 09:18 AM

Not sure if it's food poisoning...I think it might have been something in the ice cream or the cone that was unsanitary, which lead to my stomach and large intestines becoming inflamed, which then lead to me getting sepsis shock, which was what landed me in the ER and then the ICU.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 AM

You're good now right? No after effects of it or anything?

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 06-09-2014, 10:57 AM

Just googled sepsis/septic shock it's good to know you're okay now, Ant.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-09-2014, 11:23 AM

Yeah, thanks guys.

Still can't eat a lot of stuff that I normally do, mostly sticking to foods that aren't full of fibers (so cabbage or lettuce are okay, but no spinach or broccoli, etc), or too oily (so no fried chicken for me either)...I'm hoping I recover soon, never thought about how much stuff that I normally eat that I can't now. ;;

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-09-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Yeah, thanks guys.

Still can't eat a lot of stuff that I normally do, mostly sticking to foods that aren't full of fibers (so cabbage or lettuce are okay, but no spinach or broccoli, etc), or too oily (so no fried chicken for me either)...I'm hoping I recover soon, never thought about how much stuff that I normally eat that I can't now. ;;
OMG Welcome back!

You had said you weren't feeling well and then disappeared, I was worried. I'm glad to know you are on the mend.