lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-28-2011, 08:11 PM

zigbigadorlube: Oh my gosh, that's a brilliant idea! I've never seen anyone as Hello Kitty before! I've recently jsut bought some small nail brushes too! How are you going to do your handwriting hand with your other? Or are you pretty steady with both?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2011, 03:54 AM

Thanks! I have a hair band that I bought over the summer and I got some face paints the other day.

I was kind of upset that they didn't have the color I wanted. I should have gotten it the last time I was in that store and they had it but I didn't want to spend the money at the time. Oh well...

I did my nails a few hours ago and they're already messed up. V_V I did the one hand with my off hand. It didn't turn out too bad but it could also be better. I tried to replicate the cursive font for Hello Kitty but I think I would have been better off just doing basic lettering since the curves are what really messed me up. >_<

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-29-2011, 11:16 AM

Ah, too bad. I guess nail art, especially lettering takes practice and good lighting as well as lots of time to go slowly.

I wish I was getting dressed up. I haven't been able to for a long time, since I've not been invited to any parties. Plus, halloween is slightly less of a big deal in England. I wish it was bigger, because I love dressing up. My family hate it though!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Yeah, I usually get pretty good results considering I do it myself. I'm sure if I did it on someone else if would look much nicer though.

I love dressing up. I never go to any parties or anything, I just dress up for the day anyway. ^^; I hear it raining outside though, I hope the face paint will hold up for the short walk from my car to the store. >_<

Yeah, Halloween never really stuck in Europe. I heard it's becoming a bit more popular though. X

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-29-2011, 03:36 PM

I'd love to just dress up for the day, but since no-one else does around, then I might look a bit silly. I'm going to paint my nails though. Tomorrow I'm going to do Skulls and then for Monday I'm going to do a more subtle bat nail design. I'm hoping I can get it to look neat. I will take pictures and post them here hopefully. I'd love to see yours!

I think for a lot of people here, halloween is a chore. A lot of people pretend they aren't in their homes and turn off the lights so no-one calls on their door. I guess I do live in a place with lots of elderly people about though.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 PM

Ah, yeah. We were allowed to dress up for work today but I'm afraid I'll be the only one who did even so. V_V I've got everything on already, I'll just wait to do the face paint until just before I leave and hope it holds up to the weather.

That seems like a lot of work to do it one day and change it the next! I'm sure it'll look nice though. I'll see if my fiance can take a picture of my nails for me so I can put it up here. The one thumb is already messed up though and I made it even worse by spearing it with the pin I'm using to hold my tail in place. >.<

Oh, I see. Here you can only go trick or treating at the houses that have porch lights on so you know which ones have goodies and which ones don't. That's kind of sad though, Halloween can be a lot of fun even if you're just passing out candy. We always go down to my grandparents' house because they live in town and pass out candy. It's nice to see everyone's costumes and give candy to all the cute little kids. We took my little sister last year but she was a bit scared and didn't want to say trick or treat so we only went to a few houses. She's excited to go this year though.

----------

Here's a picture of my nails:

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-30-2011, 12:06 AM

Ah! Your nails are perfect! I wish my nails were that shape. Mine are more rounded. The nail design looks great to me, well done! I have a picture of what I've done but I did it practically in the darkness and I always get it on my cuticles/fingers, so I'm a bit messy with it (I'll post the picture when I can get it onto my laptop). I also did a white background, though my white nail varnish is old and seems to not cover very well. I only just wanted to try it out anyway, I'm fine with taking it off soon. They look pretty cool though.

We don't get many trick or treaters at our house, most likely because there aren't many kids that live close to us.

Aw, how old is your little sister?

Oh and also, nice ring! Congrats. ;)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-30-2011, 01:09 AM

BEAUTIFUL ZIGGIE!
HELLO♥KITTY!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-30-2011, 03:03 AM

@ Luna: I feel like I'm being showered with compliments here! Yesterday I went to get my hair cut and got a compliment on my hairline being a widow's peak and today it's my nails!

I can't wait to see them! I always have trouble with white too. It always seems to come out a bit streaky to me...

I'm not really sure how many we'll get here because I just moved here but I'm doubting it'll be a ton because we live at the bottom of a hill. >.<

She's three now.

Thanks! It's much prettier in person. ^^;

@ hummy: Thanks! *Hugs*

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-30-2011, 09:42 PM

My mum has a widow's peak! I think they are really cool and unique-looking.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 AM

I never realized it was such a special thing... ^^;

Kasumi Ocada
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi Ocada

Old 10-31-2011, 03:28 PM

I've never seen matte nail polish before. I think I'm going to have to buy some. :3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 PM

It looks like I'm bringing everyone onto the bandwagon, LOL!

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Okay so here are my Halloween nails that I did. I admit I didn't take too much care over them and I was very lazy, especially with the skulls and didn't clean up all the polish on my cuticles etc. I guess they were just quick designs that I did.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Matte stuffs are pretty cool :3 black's pretty tooooo X3 <3

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 PM

I think they turned out really well! What color is the polish with the bat on it?

Junebug
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 PM

i only recently got nail art pens, so i've been experimenting, but i really haven't made anything worth posting. i'm not a fabulous artist, even on paper.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 PM

I find matte nail polish to just be.....weird. Something about it is off-putting to me. I like my shine.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 AM

@ Cora: That's what I thought at first too. ^^;

@ Junebug: I haven't used the pens before. How are they working for you?

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 AM

You can do alot of effect with matte. I have tried it before. I love it. It is fun to see how much you can do with it. Some matte polishes blend with the shiny regular kind.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 AM

I haven't experimented too much with mine yet. I was just thinking of changing my nails tomorrow though so I might try something different with it.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Thanks, it's just Grey. They always look different colours in different lighting. But I never do them or think to take a picture in the daylight and wait until it's dark to take them haha.

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 AM

The nails look amazing! :)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 PM

@ Luna: Yeah, I wasn't sure. There almost seems to be a greenish hue to it in the picture.

I'm going to redo mine today I think but I'm not sure what I want to put on them. >_<

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 AM

I've got silver matte nails with blue designs on them right now! :D