`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 10-02-2017, 01:10 AM

Woo! 3k on the light spell please Channah.

I'm more comfortable around large dogs because I've had them all my life. We had one little red dog called Ginny who was precious, and apparently my dad's one exception to the "no little dogs" policy. However I've had a lot of problems with little dogs. I've only ever been bitten by a chihuahua and a min pin.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-02-2017, 01:16 AM

lol Two breeds notorious for biting, so I'm not surprised. The only aggressive dogs I've ever met are small breed dogs. Usually chihuahuas. Irks me that pitbulls have the bad rep, because they're usually the sweetest dogs I meet.

`Kitami

Old 10-02-2017, 01:18 AM

I've wanted a pitbull since my best friend had hers. She was the biggest baby on the planet. She died in a tornado, or I probably would have wound up adopting her.
Although I would have had to give her up. There's a breed ban where I live, which is utterly ridiculous and makes me very angry.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-02-2017, 01:29 AM

They are such dolls! The biggest, sweetest babies. They just want cuddles all the time. They're the neediest dogs.

Oh gods! A tornado? How terrifying and heartwrenching.

Yes, they are a common breed restriction. Pits, shepherds, and whatever the place deems an "attack breed." It's utterly ridiculous, but usually because of insurance needs. Unfortunately it's not the dog but the human that is the issue, and if you're going to have an unruly human that causes troubles, then the odds are good that if they have a dog then it is a bad dog, too. Typically people who cause issues are the type to have a "tough dog" because they use it for "protection," often because they're mixed up in bad stuff. And if you're in cheaper sets of appartments, then the odds are good that there will be a few bad apples in the mix. Breed restrictions sort of help them prevent potential issues, since there is always a chance of a shitty person training an attack dog and they are typically irresponsible enough to let it get out once.

I would never move somewhere I could not have my dog. I am extremely fortunate that my parents are looking after her, and she is way better off with them right now than stuck in the house all day while I'm at work. Working 48 hour weeks doesn't leave enough time for her and the place I'm living at doesn't have a dog door and big yard like my parents have. I miss her with all my being, though. Just waiting for my boyfriend to graduate and then we're going to get a place and bring her with us. So looking forward to it!!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 11:15 AM

Whhaaaat!? How'd I miss an auction for a Auctioneer's Ledger!? I'm so sad...

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:18 PM

There is a new auction now, Kent :)

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 10-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Don't know honey.

I guess you kids should do a more thorough job of reading the announcements. *shrugs*

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Channah, what a rude comment to make to someone that would be interested in your auctions. Certainly won't be seeing me purchasing anything you've got to sell.

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 10-02-2017 at 05:22 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 06:14 PM

Have you not meet the NPC Channah before? It's a pretty typical reaction from her.

You're only hurting the charity's by not participating as she's not an actual person with anything to gain.

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 08:27 PM

I will donate directly to the charities if that is the case, Nephila.

`Kitami

Old 10-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
They are such dolls! The biggest, sweetest babies. They just want cuddles all the time. They're the neediest dogs.

Oh gods! A tornado? How terrifying and heartwrenching.

Yes, they are a common breed restriction. Pits, shepherds, and whatever the place deems an "attack breed." It's utterly ridiculous, but usually because of insurance needs. Unfortunately it's not the dog but the human that is the issue, and if you're going to have an unruly human that causes troubles, then the odds are good that if they have a dog then it is a bad dog, too. Typically people who cause issues are the type to have a "tough dog" because they use it for "protection," often because they're mixed up in bad stuff. And if you're in cheaper sets of appartments, then the odds are good that there will be a few bad apples in the mix. Breed restrictions sort of help them prevent potential issues, since there is always a chance of a shitty person training an attack dog and they are typically irresponsible enough to let it get out once.

I would never move somewhere I could not have my dog. I am extremely fortunate that my parents are looking after her, and she is way better off with them right now than stuck in the house all day while I'm at work. Working 48 hour weeks doesn't leave enough time for her and the place I'm living at doesn't have a dog door and big yard like my parents have. I miss her with all my being, though. Just waiting for my boyfriend to graduate and then we're going to get a place and bring her with us. So looking forward to it!!
Jasmin was like that. She was the biggest baby on the planet I swear. Now they had another one, I think his name was Jax, who was brother to Jasmin, and they actually had to give him up because he tried to bite their baby. But I think that was more on my friend's husband than the dog. And that's the thing is that any dog can be mean if they're taught to be mean or if they're abused. I think with a lot of bad dogs its definitely nurture not nature.
Yeah sometimes I forget that Jazzy died then because I try not to think about it super often honestly. We lost a lot of people and animals that day.

I bet you are looking forward to it! When I moved in with my boyfriend I kept my one cat but I had to leave my other with my parents and I felt so bad because she was sick. And then she passed away and its been almost 6 years and I still feel guilty.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-02-2017, 09:00 PM

Many dogs are scared of babies. I don't think they understand what they are.
Also a lot of dogs are scared of kids because so many kids are allowed to be abusive to them.

Sounds very traumatizing.

Yes, I completely understand. I had to leave my elderly leopard gecko in my families care for a few months and she passed away within a month of my leaving. I had, had her for 18 years. I was very distraught. Almost all my pets have passed away while I was away. Certainly makes it seem that it's from lack of proper care by my mother.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-02-2017, 09:18 PM

sorry to hear that suona

---------- Post added 10-02-2017 at 05:19 PM ----------

3100 goldies on the light spell please

`Kitami

Old 10-03-2017, 12:24 AM

Souna:: We had a dog, that had been my sister's and she was scared of men because my sister's husband was mean to her. Its a shame.
Yeah, I get what you mean about feeling like they aren't getting proper care. And my mom didn't even tell me that my cat had died because she didn't want to upset me. Like I don't know what she planned on doing when I visited home?

3200 on the Light Spell.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-03-2017, 12:48 AM

Yes, that is sadly not uncommon. It seems most dogs are afraid of men and children. Not many afraid of women, though. Perhaps humans in general, though.

Yup. My mom has done that to me, too. Didn't tell me until I asked how an animal was doing to say that it died. They mean well, even when their actions are a bit misguided.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 10-04-2017, 01:12 AM

Hello and good evening everyone.
I would like to bid 3300 on the light spell.

`Kitami

Old 10-04-2017, 02:09 AM

I know she meant well. I got so mad though. And she still remembers because the "family" cat which, let's be real, is my cat, had a cold last week and she let me know. She was like "just so you know, Binx is sick". For real though I worry about that cat so much. I made my mom and my brother swear that they would keep him no matter what when I took her dog, even if they have to illegally sneak him into their new place; I don't even care.

3400 on the light spell. I'm keeping up with this one y'all; I've wanted it for a while.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-04-2017, 02:13 AM

3500 goldies on the light spell please :D

damia flagg, wow I don't believe I have ever seen someone use the black ship in their avatar before

`Kitami

Old 10-04-2017, 02:22 AM

3600 please.

It looks like it would be a hard item for me to use, unless I did a predictable brown and black avatar. Although my avatars are usually predictable anyway. My first avatar was pink and black and I stuck to it for a while.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-04-2017, 03:01 AM

Oh dear. I hope the kitty gets well soon, Kit. D: It's always so hard when a pet is unwell.

I don't believe I own one of those ships. I have the white and gold one, but that's it.

`Kitami

Old 10-04-2017, 03:23 AM

I think he's better now. I just get a little paranoid about him. He's going on 13 which is old for a kitty back there. People (including my family) let them run outside so they get hurt or sick. My mom stopped letting him out several years ago but he's been making a break for it recently, and sometimes she doesn't see him get out so he'll be out there until someone goes out and spots him. Little brat.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-04-2017, 03:32 AM

Oh dear, yes that is an old kitty. So much more susceptible to illness then.
My parents have always let their cats be inside/outside cats. I think it's okay depending on where you live. They live in a very small town on a dead end street with little to no stray cats at all, so the cat is fine.

*Hime*

Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 AM

Oooh, a light spell!
I got one from Cain in the day :3

`Kitami

Old 10-04-2017, 10:17 PM

Su:: My parents always let them roam out if they wanted to but I wish they wouldn't have. Over the years we lost 3 cats to cars 2 to poison, 3 to illness which they may or may not have got/made worse by being out and I had one that I had to give up because our neighbor was raising hell about him because he ate a little fish out of their pond thing in their backyard. And then we had 2 (Binx' dad and brother) that just didn't come home one day and we never did find out what happened to them. That's when my mom stopped letting Binx out. And that was a steep uphill battle the first year or so. He would get out and we would have to chase him down. Across the street from the last house I lived in with them, there are footprints (mine) and paw prints (Binx) where I had to chase him across sidewalk that I didn't know was newly drying, with no shoes on, in the middle of winter.

Hime:: I wish I had. I've wanted one since I first saw it.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-05-2017, 03:00 AM

Goodness, it sounds like you guys have had a ton of cats. We've only ever had one at a time, and only a couple through my whole life. All were outside/inside cats, so I think we must have a safer neighborhood than you. If it's an area that isn't safe for a cat to be outside, then certainly would be better for them to stay in. Especially if a high traffic area.