Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-17-2013, 12:39 AM

Chris took Kitai's hand and led her to the door and out into the chilly morning air. There was a slight frost on the grass and fallen leaves, but the sun was warm. "You sure make everything interesting around here," he said with a smile. In fact, it seemed as if nothing all that normal had happened since he found Kitai.

Sinsue Hoshigo
It's better to have loved and lo...
Send a message via Yahoo to Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 AM

"What do you mean?" Kitai asked softly as she walked with Chris and smiled at him softly as she walked with him and wondered where they were heading.

(sorry it's short, so when they get back that's when Chris' dad and brother mention her being in one of their old photo albums?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 PM

(yeah. that sounds about right)

Chris didn't notice that he was still holding Kitai's hand as they walked. For some reason, that had just started to feel natural. "You can't tell?" he asked with a chuckle. "No, I suppose you wouldn't. But so many unusual things have happened since I found you and I suspect that things will get more interesting." He glanced quickly at her, then stared at the ground. "And you're the first person I feel this close to."

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 AM

"Well... thank you I like being around you too, you're allot like your grandfather but more open and relaxed." Kitai smiled softly as they walked before she looked around and just smiled at everything.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2013, 12:27 AM

Chris frowned slightly at the mention of his grandfather, but the expression was fleeting. "It really weirds me out that you knew him better than I did. I think...he must have liked you an awful lot to spend more time in that lab than with his family," he said. Chris was only a little bitter over it. Mostly it was just strange to think on.

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 AM

"I'm really sorry... I don't know why he spent so much time with and on me... I had asked him many times but he never gave me a straight answer." Kitai said softly before looking up at the sky and wondered slightly where they were headed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 AM

Chris gave a dry chuckle as he led the way around the house in a loose circle. He didn't really intent to walk far. "That's just like my grandfather...from what I know anyway. He was such a secretive person. Never could get a straight answer for anything. Even finding that lab was a challenge!" he exclaimed.

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-19-2013, 02:03 AM

Kitai laughed a little before she just walked with Chris but once they came back around the house she noticed that it looked like his brother and father were chatting in the sitting room and kept looking outside. "I wonder what's going on." she said softly and curiously.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2013, 05:33 AM

Chris followed Kitai's eye and saw his brother and father talking. It really looked like they were looking at him and Kitai. They were still too far away to read expressions, but it was enough to make Chris hesitate and come to a stop. "Do you think they're talking about us?" he asked, whispering even though no one but Kitai was close enough to hear. The moment just had that kind of atmosphere. "I hope Reas isn't telling everyone his assumptions about you."

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-19-2013, 05:37 AM

"I think they are... and I hope not... that really bothered me." Kitai said softly then frowned at the end. "D-do you want to go and se what's going on?" she asked softly as she looked up at Chris curiously.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 AM

Letting out a nervous chuckle, Chris said "I think I'd rather avoid them, but I don't suppose that would help the situation any, would it?" He turned to look at Kitai. "Do you want to go ask them what they're talking about?"

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 AM

"Kinda... and then if you like I wouldn't mind going to the music room." Kitai smiled easily at the end but did seem nervous and worried about seeing what was going on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-26-2013, 10:03 PM

Chris felt like he could brave his family if he could play music again with Kitai later. "A-alright. Let's go talk to them," he said. He held Kitai's hand as much for his comfort as hers as he walked to the house and went to the sitting room where the two other men were talking. Their conversation cut off as Chris and Kitai walked in and the atmosphere was tense.

"Hello Father, brother," Chris said just as stiff and tensely.

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 PM

"Hello Chris... we would like to speak with you and your... friend." His father said in almost a gruff voice sounding tense and almost irritated. Kitai looked at the two and stayed close to Chris' side seeming very nervous and skittish. She saw a book sitting on the table and noticed some old looking pictures and looked at them curiously.

Last edited by Sinsue Hoshigo; 04-26-2013 at 10:42 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:43 AM

Chris didn't sit down, but stood tensely a few feet away from his father and brother. "Then talk," he said quietly, knowing they would regardless. His father pushed the photo album forward so they could see a couple photos that had been tucked in between the pages, each showing his younger looking grandfather and Kitai. Or a girl that looked exactly like her. Of course, Chris knew it was her, but he was quickly forming an argument in his head that this was a coincidence.

"So what?" he asked.

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM

"So what? The girl in these pictures was my fathers adopted sister that was diagnosed with several types of cancer... she vanished from the hospital and was never found... she couldn't have had any children and had no relatives left and yes you come in with a girl that looks exactly like her... I don't understand, is there something you're not telling us?" His father asked as he stared at the two. Kitai's eyes had started to go out of focus as she saw the old pictures and suddenly she gripped onto Chris' arm and started shaking a bit and swaying some.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-05-2013, 02:49 AM

Chris stood a little taller. "I don't know anything. Kitai is just my friend," he said stubbornly. He refused to be the one that spilled her secret. If Kitai wanted to tell the two older men, then it was up to her to do that. But as he thought that, Kitai began to sway and clung to his arm. "Kitai? What's wrong?" Chris asked, panic rising in his voice.

"What's going on?" His father asked with concern.

"I don't know," Chris said, turning so he faced Kitai as he gripped her arms. "Kitai?!"

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 05-05-2013, 02:56 AM

"I.. I don't..." Kitai cut off as she passed out and her body went limp. If she were to hit the floor you wouldn't be able to tell that she was a robot... she would sound like any normal person who fell to the ground. The stress of her memories that had long been forgotten were starting to hurt her... she couldn't remember much from years before... she certainly didn't know if she was actually a robot or not... but there was probably something in the files and on her laptop about it though.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 AM

"Kitai?!" Chris yelped as he wrapped his arms around her to stop the fall. Had she shut down? But why? He looked sheepishly at his family and then lifted Kitai into his arm. She was lighter than he expected, though he wasn't sure what to expect from a robot. "Excuse me...I'm going to take Kitai to her room." He began to shuffle out of the room. He really hoped he would get a chance to talk to Kitai in silence about this all.

"Wait! Chris. We still need to talk!" his father called, but Chris was already half out the door. He didn't answer and walked the halls back to Kitai's room and laid her on the bed there.

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 AM

After a little while Kitai slowly awoke and groaned rubbing her head a bit and suddenly flashes of memories hit her. She could remember looking in the mirror when she was younger and seeing a bandaged face looking back at her... and seeing her professor as a young boy... she could remember laughing and crying with him... and suddenly she let out a cry of pain as she remembered being hit by a care and then fire being all around her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 AM

Chris was sitting in the opposite corner of the room when he heard Kitai's cry of pain. He was on his feet in a second and dropped to his knees by her side. He took her hand as he spoke. "Kitai? Are you alright? Please...tell me what's going on!" There was both worry and kindness in his voice.

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 05-10-2013, 04:55 AM

Suddenly Kitai quieted as she snapped out of it slightly but still shook and looked at Chris before hugging him and sobbing slightly. "I-I feel s-so stupid! Professor didn't create me, he saved me." she sobbed slightly as she hugged Chris and just wanted to feel someone close right now

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 PM

Chris jumped as Kitai suddenly hugged him and sobbed, but he wrapped his arms around her and soothingly ran his fingers through her hair. "I don't understand...How could he-" Chris stopped mid sentence as he remembered what his father said. "Is that all you?" He thought that the girl must have been the basis for robot Kitai, but was it possible that they were one and the same person?

Sinsue Hoshigo

Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM

"W-what do you mean?" Kitai asked softly as her tears slowed and she loooked up at Chris curiously and rather confused. She really didn't seem to act or function like a robot... she had the same emotions as a human... she drank and ate, she could cry tears of water filled with salt, she could go to the bathroom but normally didn't... all accept for the lack of a need for the restroom she seemed like a normal human.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-15-2013, 03:41 AM

"Everything's just got so complicated," Chris groaned. "I mean, are you really that girl in the picture? Why did my grandfather make you?" he asked. He desperately wanted some answers, though he doubted Kitai knew everything herself. She was just a random robot to him, but now it seemed she was more than that.