Emma.
*^_^*

Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Well. i personally like to sit up while reading but it gets my neck to hurts so im switching possition many times while im reading xD
And i like to have music on though not music when they're singing in swedish (im swedish) 'cus it makes me distracted so i cant consentrate on the book. I hate to read when im by the TV since i cant read more then one page then i start watch on the tv XD

Ishira
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 PM

I read best when I'm alone or at least when it's nice and QUIET. No distracitons. No music, no tv, no children screaming next door or people drilling a floor above me for some gawd unknown reason. I usually want a drink and a snack when I read but then I have to keep putting the book down and bring myself out of it so I don't spill or get anything on its pages.
Sitting or lying down it doesn't matter so long as I'm comfortable, but I generally prefer lying down in my bed after it's been made and after I've showered and feel all clean and I've got the curtains open and my fan going.

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Lately I have preferred audio books. Not that I dislike reading or anything I just really enjoy being read to. Especially since I can enjoy my favorite books while doing chores or playing video games. =D

MistressWhiteAsh
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to MistressWhiteAsh

Old 05-11-2010, 06:52 AM

I like to read my books on rainy days the most, though I really read all the time. I'll switch on my little bedside lamp, cuddle down in my blankets, and read to the patter of rain. It's the gray light that comes through the window that makes me go into a serious reading mood. The house feels lightly cool and the world just seems so quiet and perfect for focusing on written words.

kikirockstar
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to kikirockstar

Old 05-12-2010, 10:11 AM

Sometimes I put on music if it's something light, like a romantic novel. :)

Usually I'm sitting (at a table) or lying on my stomach, or lying on my side. Never while lying on my back cause then I have to hold it.
And when the book gets really interesting I start walking - and real fast! It's involuntary actually. And sometimes it's hard to focus cause background is moving :sweat: You know what I'm sayin?

Morchant
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM

laying down in bed listening to hard rock, metal, punk, whatever i feel like at the time it's very relaxing

xxtransparentxrainxx

Old 05-13-2010, 12:12 AM

Lately I have been able to read only either in my Science class (which by the way is the most boring class I have ever been in thanks to the new Science teacher that barely even talks about science. He just talks about his adventures on Pike's Peak or something totally off subject like that) Or I read around twelve A.M. wrapped in my blanket, leaning against the wall in my bedroom with either total silence or Classical music playing in the backround.

purplewaterbottle
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 PM

I like to read sitting in my desk chair, feet proped up on my bed listening to pandora or Aol radio's top dance station. To drink, a coffee from starbucks, or one of thier iced teas.

Cue
sacrifice. `
Send a message via AIM to Cue Send a message via MSN to Cue

Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 PM

I'm usually half sitting, half laying down, on the arm chair.. like, I drape my legs over one arm and use the other arm to prop myself up. It's gotta be dead silent and I have to have a bottle of pop - not a cup. Me + book + cup = FAILL

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 AM

Hehehe. Usually when I'm reading a book, I am at my desk, sitting on my revolving wheeled computer chair. Nothing else. Except that whilst I'm reading, I like to swirl around in the chair a bit.

Re:no

Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 PM

When Im reading a book im usually sitting in a big recliner at a book store or the library. But most of my "reading" gets done via audiobook these days. At first it was just out of convenience but now I almost prefer to read that way. It reminds me of having someone tell me a story when I was a kid.

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:31 PM

I like sitting up better. Sometimes with quiet music, but usually I like it silent when I read, or else I got distracted and forgot what I have read. XD I also love cookies or hot chocolate to go with books. ^w^

frogmasterofthefunk
*^_^*

Old 05-28-2010, 06:04 PM

I tend to read my books on my grandparents' king sized bed. The most calming room in the house.

happygrim

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM

I like reading sitting in a really comfy chair, With some sort of drink. I do listen to my iPod when I read, I can’t concentrate on anything without some noise.

Zayix
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-26-2010, 02:31 AM

It all depends on where I am and what my mood is.

Sometimes I have to have the tv on..
Other times I absolutely have to have music on.
Others it has to be completely silent.

I switch positions constantly!

If I'm on my bed.....
I will stack pillows in the corner (it's a daybed) and lay back, partially sitting up.
I will sit crisscross with a pillow in my lap and a book on the pillow.
I will lay on my back just holding the book.
I'll lay on my stomach and either hold the book or lay it on a pillow.
I'll lay on my back propped up by pillows, knees up, and set the book on my knees.

If I'm in my recliner when the foot rest thingy is out...
I will lay back, head propped up on a pillow..
I'll put a pillow under my lower back and lay back.
I'll lay on my stomach and put the book on the chair.
I'll lay side ways with the book on the arm of the chair..
and some I can't remember, I tend to just position myself however..

Other times, I'll just sit up or lay in random places (floor, stacks of blankets, etc)

And I didn't mention some cause this post is already bigger than planned.... >.>;;

XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX
Black Alice
Send a message via MSN to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX

Old 06-26-2010, 03:00 PM

I tend to read lying down its the most comfortable, but occasionally I'll read sitting up. I also like reading in the bath tub, and in recliners. I don't like a lot of noise when I'm reading, its easier for me when everything is silent. Tho I don't mind having beverages, or snacks around when I read XD

Konekko
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-27-2010, 08:36 AM

lieing down on the stomach or sitting in a reclining chair drinking green tea :)

lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM

I usually like to read on my stomach. But if I'm in a car...yeah I have to read sitting up. I don't like to read it with any food or drink. And when I read a book, it's when I'm completely bored and have nothing to do. That's why during the school year is when I read the most books. During the summer...not so much any more thanks to being busy a lot for once.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM

I like to reading on a chair siting up. It doesn't madder wear I sit as long as it's comfortable.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 07-04-2010, 07:49 PM

It depends on what piece of furniture I'm stationing myself on... if it's a chair I will put my butt in the seat.. but have my legs hanging over one of the arms and usually rest my back on the other one. If it's a bed i shift constantly... so I'll be either laying on my stomach, side or sitting up completely. I MIGHT read in the car... I usually like the lean the seat back for that. I usually won't read anywhere else unless it's outside.

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 PM

Before I go to sleep in bed or when I have to sit somewhere for a couple of hours to pass the time...

Wraith_Paladin_of_Stone
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 AM

I usually read my book while I'm in the back of a car, or on the bus. If not that then I'm reading it in a comfortable chair next to a lamp.

Kingdom
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Kingdom

Old 07-05-2010, 08:20 AM

TBH I HATE READING BUT I READ AT SCHOOL

Orina the bloody
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 PM

o: I absolutely love to read! It's like a hobby all on its own... ^_^
Personally, I like to read in my room. With no distractions. I can't read while listening to music. And reading with a good cup of coffee is a good idea, but I get addicted to caffeine too easily, so that's a no no.... >.>

IadulDraculai
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-10-2010, 04:27 AM

I have to say, I absolutely love reading, too!
I'll read anywhere and everywhere I can, though i don't like getting distracted. I usually read in a corner, but I have to have my ipod in, even if it's not going. I seriously don't like to be botherd or distracted when I read.