Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Crap crap crappity crap crap.

okay, two problems.

First problem, I lost track of the days and forgot to put up the new challenge yesterday. Sorry about that. And second problem. I deleted the challenges on accident just now when I was about to update with the new challenge so I don't have a big fancy description for the next challenge like I have with the previous ones! DX Boo.

So since I don't have the description, I'm going to give you guys a really simple overview of the challenge and you'll get a one day extension to Friday instead of Thursday like I had planned.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys about that. I'm going to change the due dates and stuff around a bit from here on to make things easier for me to keep organized. Typically I put up the challenge on Sunday, and have you guys turn entries in on Friday. I'm changing this so that entries are due on Thursday. This is so that the judges don't feel so rushed into getting me their judgings as I typically don't update until Saturday afternoonish and the judgings are due on Sunday. I hope that's okay with everyone. Just want to help the judges out a bit more since its not always easy to get the judging done in such a short time.

-goes to put up crappy challenge description.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Today is a bad day, huh?

Seiki Nova

Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM

No, not a bad day. I'm just not very attentive it seems xD

Challenge is up.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 PM

Eh, well it was for me. xD
My parents argued this morning.
I had to chisel the water out of the dog bowl so they could actually have fresh water.
When to sleep at 8ish and had to get up at 1 ish to go up to college to get ISBN numbers.
Only to find out the geology professor is a bitch.
So we had to buy NEW books. $97 for the lab book and $120 for the text. Because she is going to check. x.x
But we order like new ones online that will be here in time.
But she is still a bitch.

I also found out that ASU switched ENGL1102 professors on me.
So instead of having an easy one who does not give many essays I have one that gives a butt load of essays, but the class is average and the tests and vocab quizzes are supposed to be ridiculously easy so... But I had to get 4 books for that class.

UGH
At least one of the books was Life of Pi, and I have been meaning to buy that for a while.
In fact, I am about to head to barnes and nobles to do just that.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Hmm, I guess I should make a trip to the bookstore this week. *adds to her to-do list*

I'm only really worried about two classes this semester. One is Mechanics of Materials, which I am re-taking. I actually liked the class, and I understood everything, but the only grades we got were quizzes that were multiple-choice numerical answers.

And I'm bad with numerical answers to begin with D:

So, no partial credit = failing so bad I dropped it.

I hope I don't have to take it again after this semester :cry:

The other class just has a douchebag professor. I've had one of his classes before, but he's the only one who teaches it. I put it off for as long as I could because I was hoping he would retire... unfortunately he hasn't. Maybe he'll have a heart attack mid-term... >_>;

Seriously. This guy went on a tirade once about how people with diabetes should just "be allowed to die." And then compared it to small business. Pardon my French, but he can fuck off.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM

Books are one of the worst things about college. You buy them one year, and the next year they're oudated so you just spent 100 dollars on a single book that doesn't matter anymore. And the best you can do is try and sell them online to try and get some of your money back. Its a freaking shame.

I need to go to the store soon and get stuff to make dinner. We're having potato soup <3

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 PM

I'm about to make a tomato soup. Apparently the recipe comes right from Panera bread, so it better be as tasty as theirs... <3

*Hime*

Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM

Oh yay, was hoping for Pan to show up xD
I got a couple ideas, but I don't feel like changing yet ><

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM

Potato soup is good. ^^
At least the recipe we have. Other potato soups I have tried I did not like as much. xD

Yeah, i just listed one of the books my sister had. It is like $0.75. xD
All of my books have kept their value for the most part. Thankfully.
But I have to give my sister all the money off them because she has to pay for all my books because I do not have the money. D:

Seiki Nova

Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 AM

shit.

now i'm having a bad day. turns out that the school i was going to go to this semester thinks that i'm still going there even though i told them that i wouldn't be able to go anymore months in advance. and they went ahead and put through the financial aid stuff, so now i have to call and cancel all of that so that I don't have a crap ton of loans put in my name for something that i'm not doing. and then i have to make sure that the school knows that i am unable to attend.. again. and have them take me out of their system.. again.

and just ugh.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 AM

Yeah...that almost happened to me when i was going to go to school in Ohio. Really big loan there. I had received a big presidential grant, but I would of had to get a loan for about $20,000 every semester because I was out of state. x.x
I still want to go out of state, but i need a full scholarship for that. D:

But yeah, not good to have a bunch of loans in your name when you are not even going to use it.

Arikana
do you believe?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 AM

I've never heard of the show project runway, I've never watched America's next top model, so what is project Mene? O:

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-05-2010, 02:09 AM

/hugs everyone having a bad day/

Just for clarification, does the avatar need to be male?

Seiki Nova

Old 01-05-2010, 02:20 AM

Ari, Project Mene is an ongoing elimination based avatar contest. 10 contestants are selected and go through weekly challenges on an elimination based process until there is only one contestant left. That person is the winner.

Cami, doesn't matter the gender.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-05-2010, 02:27 AM

Peter pan was originally played by a girl anyway ;D

Arikana
do you believe?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Ari, Project Mene is an ongoing elimination based avatar contest. 10 contestants are selected and go through weekly challenges on an elimination based process until there is only one contestant left. That person is the winner.

Cami, doesn't matter the gender.
So you have to come up with a new avatar every week based on the theme? O:

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 AM

Yes, Arikana. Not every week per se, but the weeks the challenges are announced. xD

Arikana
do you believe?

Old 01-05-2010, 03:14 AM

Damn.. I'll have to pass. D: I'd probably fail at this. D:

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 AM

OMG I love this current challenge! *loves peter pan* I can't wait to see what people come up with ^^

My favorite lost boy was the cute little skunk. So tiny with little freckles <3

Last edited by fuyumi_saito; 01-05-2010 at 03:26 AM..

Anthony Darkyn
I'm an Arter Computist :3

Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 AM

@Arikana
You could try it out while not actually in the round, just to see how you'd do. Follow along with each challenge on your own. :3

@group at large
Okay. Lost boys. I'm kind of excited about this.
I need some suggestions I think. I have a direction in mind, but I'm all for commentary. :3
To this, I would want the bow, antlers and ground pieces from my current avatar.

@Fuyumi
I always loved the twins. xD

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-05-2010, 03:34 AM

I honestly don't know how to judge this right now :lol:

I'm probably gonna have to watch Peter Pan again or something. I haven't seen it in forever.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-05-2010, 04:40 AM

oooooh the new challenge is up xP

I might have a whirl at it just for fun xP

depends on weither I feel like being lazy or not.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 AM

Key, I just watched it on Saturday xD I was bored and looked through my old movies. I found it on VHS from a box of old movies that I had my dad bring down from the attic xD

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 01-05-2010, 08:47 AM

woo I managed to find unprotected wifi xD

I still won't be able to come on much until I get home, but it's nice to have some connection to the outside world

anyway... I'm feeling a little less freaked out about this having read that the challenge is your interpretation of what a lost boy should look like ^^

so that's nice

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 AM

Ooh. I haven't missed any round stuff in here.
I'd have thought that a round would have passed since I haven't been in here in quite awhile.