LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Sounds like you're getting things checked off your list there, Maria! Sweet!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 PM

@ Maria: Nope. It's really more of a hassle than anything. It wasn't worth the trouble and it was getting old and falling apart anyway.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Sounds like you're getting things checked off your list there, Maria! Sweet!
Yes! Finally!

Got one paper out of two done for my class - and I still have to take the quiz for this week too >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
@ Maria: Nope. It's really more of a hassle than anything. It wasn't worth the trouble and it was getting old and falling apart anyway.
Do you spend a lot of money on taxis and subways instead though?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM

I never take taxis. I took one once and it was a nightmare. V_V I just take the subway and on a rare occasion the bus. It costs me $112 a month but I get unlimited rides and I don't have to pay gas, insurance, random repairs, etc.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Yes! Finally!

Got one paper out of two done for my class - and I still have to take the quiz for this week too >.<
Oh, sweet, when are the papers due and when do you have to have the quiz done by?
You can do it!

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Yay for getting stuff done.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I never take taxis. I took one once and it was a nightmare. V_V I just take the subway and on a rare occasion the bus. It costs me $112 a month but I get unlimited rides and I don't have to pay gas, insurance, random repairs, etc.
That's not a bad deal! My insurance alone is about that >.<

Quote:
Oh, sweet, when are the papers due and when do you have to have the quiz done by?
You can do it!
I have to have the papers and the quiz done by tomorrow!

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I have to have the papers and the quiz done by tomorrow!
Oh, cutting it close! But I can totally relate, I did that all the time.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 PM

Yeah. It's not that bad, minus being crowded in with annoying people and smelly hobos, dealing with delays and the like. You get used to it after a while though. ^^;

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Oh, cutting it close! But I can totally relate, I did that all the time.
I always make Saturdays my homework day - no time during the week to do it. XD It works for me - just spend the whole day working :P I'd be done by now honestly - expect mene is a huge distraction during events lol

Quote:
Yeah. It's not that bad, minus being crowded in with annoying people and smelly hobos, dealing with delays and the like. You get used to it after a while though. ^^;
XDD Smelly hobos D:

I'm sure I'd get used to it! Honestly I wish we had better public transportation down here!

Project Mene
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 PM

I can't bring myself to take baths. I have to shower first if I take a bath DX

Maria is just go, go, going!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Mene View Post
I can't bring myself to take baths. I have to shower first if I take a bath DX

Maria is just go, go, going!
I haven't had a bath in YEARS! I just prefer showers! Plus - my shower now is a walk in shower - so there is no way I could have a bath even if I wanted one XD

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Quote:
I always make Saturdays my homework day - no time during the week to do it. XD It works for me - just spend the whole day working :P I'd be done by now honestly - expect mene is a huge distraction during events lol
At least you know what day works for you and darned Mene being distracting!

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 01:55 PM ----------

The last time I tried to take a bath, the wee one crawled in with me. >.< LOL! Fully clothed. Her daddy was supposed to be watching her but she's a ninja -- I swear she really is -- and managed to find me, and decided she wanted to spend time with mom. >.< haha!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
At least you know what day works for you and darned Mene being distracting!
Exactly! I've got this homework thing down :P

I'm just feeling burnt out right now so I'm like "I don't want to work on homework" D:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 08:56 PM

I fee like my line has more smelly hobos than other lines. Because it is one of the longest lines and it just goes back and forth they can just pay their $2.50 to ride and they can stay on the same train all day long.

I remember learning the hard way that if one car in particular was mostly empty while all the other ones were really full that it was empty for a reason. >.> A very smelly reason.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I fee like my line has more smelly hobos than other lines. Because it is one of the longest lines and it just goes back and forth they can just pay their $2.50 to ride and they can stay on the same train all day long.

I remember learning the hard way that if one car in particular was mostly empty while all the other ones were really full that it was empty for a reason. >.> A very smelly reason.
LMAO XD You learned a very important lesson that day! XD

Ah - It's sad that the only thing they can do is sit on the subway and ride back and forth all day D:

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Exactly! I've got this homework thing down :P

I'm just feeling burnt out right now so I'm like "I don't want to work on homework" D:
How long does the paper have to be? But maybe you need a wee break - would that help any?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 08:59 PM

Yes, yes I did. V_V

Well in the winter time it gets really cold and there aren't many places for them to warm up...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
How long does the paper have to be? But maybe you need a wee break - would that help any?
A break would be lovely I just can't afford to take one >.<

I mean - I can take a couple hour break but not like a day or a week or a semester XD

It's only a few pages so that's good :)

Quote:
Yes, yes I did. V_V

Well in the winter time it gets really cold and there aren't many places for them to warm up...
I wish I could help people like that but sometimes they just don't want to help themselves >.<

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-02-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
A break would be lovely I just can't afford to take one >.<

I mean - I can take a couple hour break but not like a day or a week or a semester XD

It's only a few pages so that's good :)
Ah, got ya. And at least it's not too long of a paper. So that's a plus for sure. I know that you can do it. It's just finding that motivation to actually do it that is hard.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:

I'll have to take that into account when I attempt to move to New York after graduation xD

Maria, I like having a bathtub so that I have something to sit in for when I want to take a shower when I don't feel good. Just letting the hot water hit me while sitting down feels nice. I suppose I could do that in a walk-in as well, but I feel like my bath tub is a bit roomier than most walk-ins.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 PM

I've found that a lot of the homeless are very angry people. The frustration they have with their inability to get out of the situation they are in causes them to hate everyone else and they take their anger out on anyone they can by randomly screaming at them for no reason or being dusgusting on purpose just to bother them (like pooping on subway cars, gross!). I'm actually really afraid of hobos for that reason. Most of them have nothing to lose so there's nothing stopping them from attacking you randomly for no reason, sane or otherwise.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Ah, got ya. And at least it's not too long of a paper. So that's a plus for sure. I know that you can do it. It's just finding that motivation to actually do it that is hard.
Yeah - it's not too long - just need to sit down and get it down D: It was all the readings that took forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I'll have to take that into account when I attempt to move to New York after graduation xD

Maria, I like having a bathtub so that I have something to sit in for when I want to take a shower when I don't feel good. Just letting the hot water hit me while sitting down feels nice. I suppose I could do that in a walk-in as well, but I feel like my bath tub is a bit roomier than most walk-ins.
You are moving to New York? If I ever get up there like I plan to for a vacation, I'll have to track you down :P

I've never been and I wnat to see a musical on broadway sooo bad!

I have never had a shower without a bath tub before - so this is a new experience for me :P

---------- Post added 11-02-2013 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:
I've found that a lot of the homeless are very angry people. The frustration they have with their inability to get out of the situation they are in causes them to hate everyone else and they take their anger out on anyone they can by randomly screaming at them for no reason or being dusgusting on purpose just to bother them (like pooping on subway cars, gross!). I'm actually really afraid of hobos for that reason. Most of them have nothing to lose so there's nothing stopping them from attacking you randomly for no reason, sane or otherwise.
Honestly, I find the same thing you do which is sad :( We don't see TOOO many around where I live but the ones we DO see...I'm like UGH. My mom said she was stopped at a light around here YEARS ago and the car in front of her opened their window and handed a homeless man a pizza and the guy opened it up, looked at it, closed the lid, and then walked to the trash can near him and threw it away D:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Maybe it wasn't his flavor? O. o

I just realized last night that we have some hobos living on our street now. Most of them hang around Manhattan, not Brooklyn, so I was pretty surprised.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 11-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't his flavor? O. o

I just realized last night that we have some hobos living on our street now. Most of them hang around Manhattan, not Brooklyn, so I was pretty surprised.
IF you don't have money for food, you aren't picky. You scrape off whatever you don't like D: