KH4Life
~Sam~
Send a message via AIM to KH4Life Send a message via Yahoo to KH4Life

Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 AM

i recently saw Role models. I freaking loved it! It was an hilarious movie and I have a friend who is just like the little black boy and he is even short but he is 16 and still acts the same way lol

XBleedingxWhitexRoseX
What doesn't kill you, makes you...

Old 04-23-2009, 02:00 PM

Twilight, 10 ! Ofcourse I am a fan :) :P

Berri
Very fresh and juicy stuff!

Old 04-23-2009, 11:33 PM

Sex and the City, the movie. twice. :3 loved it.

Zaniel
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 AM

Yes Man

5/10, it had an ok message and had some humors moments but it wasn't that great of a movie.

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 04-25-2009, 06:50 PM

I can't believe you just said that, Zaniel! Jim Carrey is so freakin funny! :heart:

I just saw Fast and Furious (4th movie in the series). It was... okay. I give it a 6/10. Of course the car chases were wicked thrilling, and that made up about 4 of the points :P the sexy Vin diesel made up 2. The sexy ladies are in there too but there were so many I lost interest. The acting was decent, but not really extra-pointage worthy. The story line wasn't terribly original, and there were a few holes I spotted. All in all though, if was entertaining.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 04-26-2009, 08:12 AM

I just watched "Hard Candy".
It's about a girl who meets up with some pedophile over the internet, and before he gets a chance to do anything to her, she goes batshit insane and starts interrogating the pedophile..
crazy stuff happens, that's all I can say..

Ellen Page is adorable, also, insane. <3

8/10

Mazzy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM

I cant remember the last movie I saw.... it might have been Jurassic park actually... in which case I would give it five stars (or 10 out of 10) because I really really love that movie...

and this time when I watched it I pretended I hadn't seen it before and that I really imagined hard what it would be like if I was there... it's a lot scarier when you use your imagination XD

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 04-27-2009, 06:03 AM

The Ringer

4/5

It definitely surpassed my expectations. I really hadn't expected much but maybe something slightly funny. It had a much deeper plot than I ever would have thought. I actually liked it. I'd almost definitely watch it again.

Korrie2332

Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 PM

The last movie I saw was "Fast and The Furouis" Which turned out to be a really good movie. Better then the other 3. The story was better instead of relying on cool looking cars. The movie had really good CG, the store was unigue and eintertaining. And Vin Deasal was hot along with Paul Walker. Some of the driving scene where pretty intense I have to say. So all and all I give it a solid 8/9 stars on it.

Twethereal
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM

The last movie I saw was The Terminal with Tom Hanks. I saw it in my Human Relations class and I liked it so much that I got it on DVD. It's a great movie. I laughed during a great deal of it, although I almost cried for Viktor at the beginning. Some parts of the movie were kind of cliche and corny, but I think that's what made it kind of endearing.
I'd give it an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 05-02-2009, 04:28 PM

The Fast & The furious 4

Well, I really didn't understand the beginning where they were stealing oil and all. Its just to start the movie is it? o.o But anyways, this movie was actually okay in my opinion. Nothing to shout about after my initial rave about really wanting to watch this. four such an anticipated movie with a cast like that, I expected much better. I mean, the driving was sick, they definitely made it challenging and exciting to watch with the skills the drivers managed to pull off but really, the plot os rather boring >.<" I found myself not really able to connect much with the characters in the movie. Vin Diesel is always cool but here he just looks expressionless and he got pretty emotional. And Michelle Rodriguez only appeared for 5 minutes of the movie which kind of sucked. Paul Walker's character was the best to me because he, at least had a twist to his part being a good/bad cop and all. and the rest of the cast are pretty much unimportant. It surprised me to hear a DBSK song in the background though XD That was a really good surprise since Asian music is barely featured in hollywood productions. but overall, the movie was really just something you watch for the thrill. I really wasn'y that impressed with the rest.

rating: 6/10

pandoraLKLK

Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 PM

The last movie I saw was Bride Wars. I <3-ed it!!!!! I give it a 10/10!

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 AM

Bride Wars

4/5

It literally made me laugh out loud at times. It was a cute friend story more than a romance story. It was nice seeing the guy that played Brice on Everwood on something else.

Australia

4/5

I didn't know it was going to be such a long movie. Parts of it seemed really drawn-out, unnecessarily so. It was a touching movie, though. The little boy is freakin' adorable. It almost made me cry when the little boy was like, "We can say your name!" and a few other places. My brother watched it with me, though, so I held the tears in to escape the non-stop picking on me.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 AM

Cuento de Navidad

Watched this the night before last on Fearnet On Demand. It's a Spanish film about five kids, four boys and a girl, living in a town in Spain in 1985. A few days before Christmas, they find a woman dressed like Santa at the bottom of a pit in the woods. Her leg is broken and she's pretty beat up.

While three of the kids try to get her out, the other two boys ride their bike to the local police station to tell the cops. At the station the boys find out that the woman is a dangerous thief who just robbed a bank of two million pesetas. So without telling the cops anything, they quickly ride back to prevent their other friends from pulling the woman out.

This is where the greedy little bastards cook up an idea. They inform the woman they won't help her out unless she tells them where she's hidden the money. And they're willing to go to pretty far to get it from her.

Not a bad film. Pretty short too. About 71 minutes. I gives it a 7/10. ;D

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 05-06-2009 at 10:31 PM..

Berri

Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 PM

I watched The Reader yesterday, and LOVED IT.

It's really something!
A story about a boy who'll have an affair with an older woman. He doesnt know it, but it will affect his entire life.
It's beyond worth watching, really.

big 10/10!

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 PM

I just saw Apacalypto and I give it an 8.5/10.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 05-08-2009, 03:43 AM

I Am Sam- 3/5

It's got a sweet premise and great performances by all the main characters, but it suffers in the fact that it's overlong. About mid-movie, I was very ready to be done with the sappy monologues already.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2009, 05:39 PM

I saw the new Star Trek movie last night.
It was really good, and you don't need to be a Trekkie to understand what is going on.
It was just a really good scifi action flick.

10/10

Pra-prawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2009, 05:10 AM

Watched a Japanese movie yesterday called Koizora

Ugh, I thought it would be a sweet movie with a happy ending! How wrong I was. I mean the movie was called sky of love and the picture on the DVD box looked really cute with the guy and girl'd foreheads touching. Innocent and sweet. Definitely my kind of movie. But no, this followed the typical Korean drama scene where someone just had to die! I mean, you think about aww, this is great, the feeling is so nice and suddenly, 'WHYYY???' I really cried my heart out watching this movie. I think the actors were pretty amazing for their age. Its a high-school movie where the guy and the girl fall in love but the guy just dumps the girl after their baby passes away because he has cancer and she didn't know so she goes out with some other dude. And when she's in love with the other dude, she found out about his cancer... It was not bad enough that they already had the baby pass away but they just had to make the guy die too! And they made the girl vulnerable but strong but she still broke down. So I broke down too naturally thinking about all the situations if it happened in real life. Despite the cliched storyline, I thought the way they told the story was new. the way they spoke to each other and how open the Japanese are about teenage premarital sex. It was a breath of fresh air and it was a deeply moving movie...

Rating: 9.5/10

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-09-2009, 07:08 AM

I saw the new Star Trek and is was absolutely brilliant from beginning to end. From the moment it starts you are completely sucked in (don't worry, no spoilers), I was in awe, which for me, a hardcore movie fanatic, it saying something because I have a tendency to pull a movie apart from the seams. The special effects were flawless, I get yanked out of the moment if I can see flaws in the effects. The casting was amazing, I had heard that they got actors that looked like the original crew so I thought the acting would probably suck, but all the actors were awesome, if I had to pick a weakest link it would probably would be the kid that played Chekov and he was more than competent. It wasn't a prequel like I had thought but it definitely stayed true to the feel of the original show. I know many trekkies out there will love some of the origin stories. All and all J.J. Abrams did an amazing job delivering a fantastic movie that was funny, poignant and nostalgic. I give it 10/10 and I think I've only given 10/10 around 5 times in my whole life.

iLesbian
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to iLesbian Send a message via MSN to iLesbian Send a message via Yahoo to iLesbian

Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM

Seventeen Again -
I give it a 3.5/5
its a so-so . : >

Berri

Old 05-10-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoi midori View Post
I saw the new Star Trek and is was absolutely brilliant from beginning to end. From the moment it starts you are completely sucked in (don't worry, no spoilers), I was in awe, which for me, a hardcore movie fanatic, it saying something because I have a tendency to pull a movie apart from the seams. The special effects were flawless, I get yanked out of the moment if I can see flaws in the effects. The casting was amazing, I had heard that they got actors that looked like the original crew so I thought the acting would probably suck, but all the actors were awesome, if I had to pick a weakest link it would probably would be the kid that played Chekov and he was more than competent. It wasn't a prequel like I had thought but it definitely stayed true to the feel of the original show. I know many trekkies out there will love some of the origin stories. All and all J.J. Abrams did an amazing job delivering a fantastic movie that was funny, poignant and nostalgic. I give it 10/10 and I think I've only given 10/10 around 5 times in my whole life.
I totally agree. went to see the movie yesterday C:

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 AM

Lol I saw Liar Liar on television yesterday xD
Saw it already a long time ago, it's still funny.

It's about a father (played by Jim Carrey!!! XD) who is divorced from his wife, and he always
lets his son down with promises and lies... Untill his 4 year old son does a birthday wish
one day: That his dad could not tell lies anymore.
Can you imagine what happends when that wish comes true?
Yeah he tells alot of lies in real life, to keep his job etc. How grownups lie for their own sake...

Funny movie, a bit too many Jim Carrey fun faces, but some jokes realy deserve a price xD
Like how he tells some lies and then the face after he realizes what he's saying xD awesome,
he's always been my favorite actor. 8/10.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 PM

Elwing: That, is one of my favourite movies. xD
Gah, I need to watch it now! :P

Last movie I saw ... I think it was 'You've Got Mail', but I know I missed the beginning. :P
That's one of my favourite films too. :)

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 05-11-2009, 02:51 PM

Along with Koizora, I bought another DVD called Boku wa Imôto ni Koi wo Suru

I really expected it to be good, I mean the two main actors are really 2 of my favourite stars in Japan O.o And the guy is really one of Japan's top idols. Unfortunately, the movie is kind of boring >.<'' I mean, I really expoected so much better with such talent. The storyline I have to admit is unique because its about incest. Now, we don't get a lot of movies about incest do we? ^^''This is about twin incest too! I thought I would be open minded to it seeing as how I am really open minded to lots of other things in Japanese culture like paedophilia and all that but this was something I found kind of disturbing. I really could not accept it. I found it very sweet at parts but also I could not think of really loving a brother in that way. The movie itself was rather slow >.<'' Its very boring and the scenes are almost always similar. I could not even finish the movie. the dialogue had so little substance and I tell you, the actors barely spoke! =.='' And there were a lot of scenes which weren't really needed in the movie and really had not contributed to the flow of it. I really do not recommend this movie to those who aren't open minded or generally at all because it is not entertaining...

Rating 4/10