SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-03-2014, 05:39 PM

Haha, yay for ranting

I've never heard of Edward Hopper, but I know Rodin. That man was damn amazing. And...
NEIL GAIMAN!!!
His Sandman series was the absolute best. I had to order mine 'cause they don't sell them here, but it was worth it. I treasure those books. I find the Endless to be fascinating and his take on Lucifer was really good. he made him look like David Bowie
I do love Gaiman's other works aswell! I recently re-read Stardust and before that I finally managed to get a hold of American Gods. That was some book! Did you know they're making a radio drama out of his book with Terry Pratchett, Good Omens? It airs this month. I really want to listen to it

I don't have favourite poem. Too many to choose from! Although I do have a few favourite poets. William Wordsworth was the first. I've loved him since I was very young. There was dreamy whimsicality in his work, especially The Daffodils. Then, growing up, I found the slightly darker side of poetry. T.S. Elliot and William Blake are two that I feel a lot for. Their imagery and themes interest me so much, but even though I adore Elliot and relate to Blake's poems a little bit more. There's such a beauty in them. There are a few more that I like, but those are my top three

If you could step into any book, which would it be?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
If you could step into any book, which would it be?
Omg zombie! Why would you give me such a difficult question? There are so many books in the world with beautiful words and scenery. I guess of I use the afore mentioned author I would love to go to the floating market. I think that would be epic!
Which would you prefer on menewsha an exchange thread for all your items or a store in the marketplace? You cannot have both. Why would you choose that option?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:35 PM

That certainly is a difficult question Zombie, most of the books i read have a lot of badness in their worlds so it'd be constantly dangerous, but at the same time boooootifully medieval :D

But as for 2600 question, i'd probably go for the exchange because it gives you to option to chat, haggle, and swap, rather than paying whatever price they've given, i do rely on the MP for the averages though, so as long as we had a list like that somewhere :)

What would your dream job be?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Lavinia: that list would only exist if a user felt it was needed and desired to spend the time to keep track of every users transactions. I can see ups and downs in either situation, although I think the exchange would help e site more than the mp.
Quote:
What would your dream job be?
I would love to be a musician. I enjoy singing and I want to get better at the guitar. I could be a solo folk artist by day and a dj by night. No sleeping ever of course. I wouldn't actually not sleep, but it would be fun to have people who knew my music.
What is the craziest thing you have ever done? (If your answer is above PG13 or you simply cannot think of something just make something up :)

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:57 PM

Haha, ok i think i can do pg-13, and being a musician would be awesome, i used to be a drummer but i gave up :(
I suppose mine would be either something to do with oceans, like marine biology or oceanography or something with conservation, or a professional writer :)

Ok, crazy thing. Maybe my 21st birthday party, we decided it would be fun to get a bouncy castle and be kids again and oh my goodness it was so much fun. Loads of people came we did...well...usual 21st birthday party things, but at the same time bounced around on the castle outside having fun, we even slept on it with loads of blankets and sleeping bags, suprisingly comfy! xD

Is there a type of food you have always wanted to try but haven't had chance to yet? Eg Lobster, or Indian, etc.

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Is there a type of food you have always wanted to try but haven't had chance to yet? Eg Lobster, or Indian, etc.
I would like to taste a dragon fruit that was grown in its natural environment. I had one that came from an Asian market once. It tasted delicious. I think it would on,y taste better if it was picked right from where it was grown. Although I would be wary of stomach bugs bleh.
How many island nations(not states) do you know off the top of your head?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 PM

Oh gosh, Geography was not my strongest subject i must admit, alright, challenge accepted.

Does the UK count as one? Or Just Ireland?

Um...Iceland!
Australia is technically a contintent so i'm not sure if that counts.
Japan
New Zealand
Barbados/Bahamas/Jamaica and other islands nearby
Haiti
...And Cyprus.

Hah, not bad, (i totes had to make sure i didnt get any of them wrong)

What is the next book you plan on reading?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-03-2014, 10:34 PM

Lavinia: nice job. I probably jusg would've said Greenland and Iceland. They are nations right?
Quote:
What is the next book you plan on reading?
I am seriously considering reading the sandman. I love Neil gaiman's novels and I never finished the series. If you don't know it, it is pretty cool.
Will I be able to open the classic bar tonight and do you know what the classic bar is?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-03-2014, 10:38 PM

Iceland is on my top 3 places to visit next year, along with Italy and Germany. But it aaall depends on funds, i really wanted to do them during the winter, German christmas markets are LUUUUSHH, and duh, Iceland has northern lights xD

Neil Gaiman is on my reading list too, but i have to finish Feist and Ice and Fire first, maybe i'll start Gaiman between books :)

I'm afraid i do not know what you refer to, do you mean a classic style or classical music, or something else?

If it snows this winter will you be making any snowmen? :)

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-03-2014, 11:44 PM

Lavinia: I am trying to start a charity that is an extension of the loungd, but handled through a mule account.
Quote:
If it snows this winter will you be making any snowmen?
If it snows I would love to make a snowman. I just hope it isn't the freezing icy snow. It can get nippy building stuff out of snow.
Did you know that your avatar is the same in color and greyscale in my phone Lavinia?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-04-2014, 01:09 AM

Oh i seee! Should have figured that out from this title really xDD
Ping me in when it's ready and i'll bookmark that place too :)

Did you mean when it all was all white? I was falling out with any avi i made so i went all white to be rebellious haha

Do you know which floor items i should quest for next? I need Detention CI definitely! But where's the carpets?!

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-04-2014, 05:08 AM

Lavinia:
Quote:
Do you know which floor items i should quest for next? I need Detention CI definitely! But where's the carpets?!
I know that the classic movie night. It know it has a red floor. I think the waiting for Santa item also has rugs. I saved up for the Detention CI. It does have some fancy floors.
Have you had a productive day?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-04-2014, 05:39 AM

Yeah i think i need rub-a-dub and Detention, and yes that santa one is on my list too i'm slowly collecting all the Ei's i missed out on and that's one of the last :)

Productive? No, not really. Most ive done today is wait for the new item to come out and it has now yay!

I am going to the opticians tomorrow though (eye doctor)

Do you wear glasses?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-04-2014, 05:41 AM

I do not normally wear glasses. I do have a pair of glasses I carry with me and use, though. How many doctors do you have?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-04-2014, 05:46 AM

He's not really my doctor it's just a checkup. me, my brother and my mum are all going together so we can all get checked. I've been getting alot of migraines recently so i figured it was worth a check, im sure i dont need any though.

I just have my main doctor over the road from me so one :)

What do you think of the new CI? Will you use it?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-04-2014, 01:25 PM

<technically I'm not here, I'm in class>
Quote:
What do you think of the new CI? Will you use it?
I think that the new CI looks epic. I love the different colors of the unicorns. I would definitely use the item if I had it.
What time is it where you are and what do you do at that time normally?

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 12-04-2014, 02:05 PM

Yeah i love it to, i love the hair most of all, i'll definitely be using this hairstyle for a while.

Heh, i remember when i used to go on mene/gaia while in class. Naughty!

It's 2.30pm here and i don't usually do much at this time, infact sometimes i'm still in bed as i'm quite nocturnal xD

What state do you live in and have you always lived in the same one?

Imagination
Penpal

Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
Yeah i love it to, i love the hair most of all, i'll definitely be using this hairstyle for a while.

Heh, i remember when i used to go on mene/gaia while in class. Naughty!

It's 2.30pm here and i don't usually do much at this time, infact sometimes i'm still in bed as i'm quite nocturnal xD

I've been out of school since '06
College, I don't really count because we were allowed to bring laptops and such to class + I don't think I was on Menewsha when I attended college.

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-04-2014, 09:19 PM

- Imagination: could you edit a question into your answer? - (this will be deleted if question is added)
Haha if I knew about menewsha in high school I would've been here then.
Quote:
I live in a permanent state of respiration. Honestly I was in New Jersey for most of my life. Except for the first few years of my life. I was born in Romania and put up for adoption at birth.

What to you believe are the top ten most important values in life?

Imagination
Penpal

Old 12-04-2014, 09:38 PM

If that's a requirement to posting in the thread then I'm out.
Because I don't like forced conversation,
So take care ^_^

(( Just read the front page ))

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
(( Just read the front page ))
It's alright. I know that the format is not for everyone. I just enjoy discussing stuff. It forces me to think about things before posting. Maybe sometime I will make a new hangout thread without that rule, but for now it still stands as it does in the classic bar charity as well. I will stop by your hangout and say hello sometime.
Do you like the house rules of this thread? Why or why not? Is there anything that I can do to improve this thread?
ie: three sentence minimum and always end with a question.
AliciaNwonderland: how was your day today?

Last edited by 2600; 12-05-2014 at 12:16 AM..

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 12-05-2014, 12:46 AM

hiya 2600! it was great thanks for asking... kind of hot for this time of year :/ how was your day sugar?

group question... do you prefer hot or cold weather?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-05-2014, 02:16 AM

AliciaNwonderland: OMG you changed your avatar! It looks fun and candy filled. :)
Hey there! What is the whether like where you are Ali?
Quote:
how was your day sugar?
My day was not too bad. I had my final mass media class. I really enjoyed the class and I am going to miss the teacher a bit. I find it funny though how it is a communications class and I only really know one other student in the class. I also had speech class today. The last groups did their speeches, but we still have makeup speeches to do next Tuesday. After next Tuesday I will be done with school for the semester.
Do you have a thread in the literature forum and do you use it at all?

Last edited by 2600; 12-05-2014 at 02:30 AM..

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 12-05-2014, 02:52 AM

yes I finally got my candyman CI 2600! I'm so excited about this look! :p

tha weather here is yuck... we have a subtropical climate here in Alabama and so its very humid and hot most of the time.

yay for a break in school! good luck on your final speech :)

what is the weather like where you are from?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-05-2014, 03:01 AM

Thanks for good luck. :)
Quote:
What is the weather like where you are from?
It will be snowing soon. It is cold in the mornings and nippy in the afternoon. It has been snowing a bit at night. I'm in New Jersey.
Have you lived in one place or state your whole life?

Last edited by 2600; 12-05-2014 at 03:15 AM..