Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-17-2016, 08:05 PM

Roland didn't understand what was upsetting Alexi, he wanted to ask, but he knew they needed to focus on tasks, rather than continuing down this depressing sort of questioning. He was sure Alexi didn't know about the pills, he had hid them pretty well, and he had never told anyone, other than Lucius, and only because the boy much have seen him take one earlier. He would have preferred that no one else knew, but it was better that Alexi didn't worry about it right now.

With him busy, Roland stood and remembered that he had been collecting wood. They needed to be able to cook their meal tonight, and keep warm, so he had to get back to work. It didn't take long to collect a bunch of large branches and chunks of wood from the surrounding forest. All of it was piled by the side of the cabin, ready to be used. He went inside to light the stove, that way they could cook their meal and get some rest if they were going to be leaving tomorrow.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 PM

(OOC: Lucius saw him hide the box not take one not that it's a big deal just so you are aware.)

Lucius is curled up on his bed when Roland walks in. He wondered if Roland had told Alexi about the pills. Somehow he doubted it though.

Alexi managed to catch a good sized fish that they could all share. Though he was pretty sure that fish wasn't Roland's favorite. He was looking forward to going to the city/town whatever it turned out to be. Though he did his best not to get his hopes up to high. Though he couldn't seem to help but get his hopes high.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-17-2016, 08:26 PM

{OOC; Ah, my bad. I have such bad memory sometimes.}

With the stove heated, Roland poured him and Alexi a glass of wine and put it on the table, as well as water for Lucius. He figured they also could have some bread and apples with their meals. It wasn't much, but it would have to do for tonight. Perhaps Alexi was right, maybe this town was the answer and they could be happy, eat full meals, live in a real house... Roland sighed, imagining the possibilities, feeling a bit positive at this point. He couldn't help but smile, things didn't feel entirely bleak for once.

He sat down at the table, waiting for Alexi to return with the fish and prepare it, something he wish he knew how to do. He couldn't cook, not anything as fancy as that. He could probably make like macaroni and cheese from a box, or something with detailed instructions, though he'd probably manage to burn it. He regretted how sheltered he had allowed his life to be, knowing he couldn't just blame his father for it, since he never had made the effort to learn now that he was older.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM

"You look nice when you smile." Lucius says from his bed. He did wonder what the smile was for, but he knew it was none of his business.

Alexi comes back in with a good sized fish and starts preparing it. He whistles as he works, lost in thought about what the three of them would find tomorrow. He wondered if Roland had told Lucius the news. Not that it mattered. He knew Lucius would be open for going if it is what Alexi was doing. Soon the fish was on cooking. He stretched his shoulder joints popping a bit.

(OOC: I had an idea if you want to hear it.)

Precarious Fool

Old 05-17-2016, 10:43 PM

Roland mumbled a thanks, a bit caught off guard by Lucius compliment. Sure, he was used to them, from girls, mostly. If only they had known how useless their flirting was with him.

He sat at the table and drank the wine while he waited, trying to keep his good mood. The wine would help, he figured, since the last thing he wanted to do was upset Alexi again. So far he seemed to be ruining everything with his bad moods and the likes. Before dinner was even served, Roland was on his second glass of wine. "What time will we leave in the morning?" He asked, anything to break the silence. He needed distraction and conversation.

{OOC; Sure, what is your idea?}

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 10:52 PM

Alexi plated the fish thinking about this. "Probably as soon as we can." He said serving the fish. "You going to join us Lucius?" He sat a plate in front of Roland. "Do some initial packing tonight finish up and head out in the morning." He watched as Lucius got up and got into the chair. The young mutant picked at his food. Lucius would be glad when they didn't have to eat fish. It wasn't his favorite. In fact if he was honest he hated fish.

(OOC: That Roland had had a good friend who in fifth grade disappeared. It was because she had developed mutant powers and ran away from home. And she lives in the town.)

Precarious Fool

Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 PM

Roland looked at the fish and tried to hide his disappointment. It wasn't so much that he didn't like fish, but he was used to... finer cuisine. He picked at the fish, breaking it apart more than anything, while sipping his wine. His second glass was nearly gone and he wondered if they would notice him pouring himself a third... "That sounds good. I have some money so we can try to buy some real food when we get into the city, plus other things we might need. The rest of it is tied up in bank accounts with my fathers name on it, so I probably wont have access to it..." he sighed, he wasn't used to having to worry about it. Generally if he wanted something he just went out and bought it, he knew he was spoiled, but it was how he grew up.

{OOC: That sounds pretty interesting! Do you want me to come up with her powers and play her, or would you like to play her?}

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 11:03 PM

(OOC: I'll play her since your Roland. But would you like to be the mayor of the town?)

Alexi notices Roland eyeing his empty wine glass. "Here you can have mine." He smiled as he handed Roland the cup. He could sense that wine helped with whatever issues they had. "We might have to see about getting jobs. "I'm sure I could do yard work." He said eating his fish. "I'm sure if somebody shows me how to use a mower I could do it easily."

Precarious Fool

Old 05-17-2016, 11:13 PM

{OOC; Okay, sounds good!}

Roland smiled and took the wine glass, enjoying the taste. It reminded him of home, despite all the problems, he missed his home, his life. It had only been such a short time, but it was the thought that he couldn't go back. "I'm sure there is something I could do..." He had never worked, not really. He knew how to help run political, or hate, campaigns, as well as help organize a dinner or gala, but he knew nothing that could probably make him easy money. Hopefully he would be able to be useful, be able to contribute. If he didn't where would they live? What would they eat? It wasn't like there was a stream running through town they could just fish from, or a free apartment for the taking.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 11:40 PM

(OOC: He can be human if you want.)

"We'll make it work." Alexi said reassuringly. All of a sudden he yawned. Everything was catching up with him. Lucius just sat silently picking at his fish. He really wasn't into it at all. Alexi finished his food through shear force of will. He really wasn't that hungry. But he knew he needed his strength. He stood and went and got a glass of water and went and sat on Roland's lap sipping at it.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 PM

{OOC; Mutant is fine.}

Roland took very few bites of his food, he felt bad wasting it, it wasn't like it tasted bad, he just... didn't feel like eating. It was like this for him often, he would not eat much for a few days, then overindulge until he felt sick. A cycle he hated but seemed to have a heard time breaking. Perhaps when faced with the inability to overindulge he would be able to eat normally, which he knew he needed. The doctor he had seen warned him his lifestyle wasn't good, that he was too thin, too unhealthy and hurting himself with his actions, yet it wasn't enough to make him change. He didn't know what would change him. Perhaps being with Alexi...

Roland smiled and wrapped his arms around Alexi when he came to him, resting his head against him for a moment. "Tomorrow we start over..." He murmured, hoping it was a good thing. His had that warm feeling in his stomach and his head swam, a pleasant effect from the wine that was putting him in a good mood. "You're tired, you should sleep." He urged, nuzzling Alexi's ear.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-18-2016, 03:38 AM

(OOC: Alright. Was thinking they had housing for new people in town until they could get settled.)

Alexi was worried sick that Roland wasn't eating. "You should eat." Worry is in his voice. He didn't think he could make it without Roland by his side. He set his cup on the table and yawned. He snuggled against Roland. He put his arms around his lover. "We're going to be o.k. The three of us will be out of here before an refugees come. We'll be o.k." He clung a bit to Roland. The wind picks up slightly outside. Alexi shook a bit. He hated himself at times like this.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-18-2016, 10:48 AM

Roland sighed and held Alexi close, trying to comfort him. "I trust you, we will be okay, we'll get through this." He assured, resting his head against Alexi's. "And I will be here for you." He promised, though he couldn't stomach any more of the food despite wanting to please him. Hopefully tomorrow he would have an appetite so Alexi wouldn't worry so much. He could feel the energy, hear the wind picking up outside. "Come, let's get some rest..." He purred, kissing Alexi's neck, he always enjoyed when Alexi displayed his powers, even if it was more or less against his will. His slightly buzzed state didn't help the situation, the only thing making him keep his hands to himself was Lucius in the room.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-18-2016, 07:25 PM

Alexi yawned and nodded. He knew he needed rest. He wasn't exactly how far they had to walk to get to the town that Lucius found. He just wasn't happy he had to stand up. And he really should clean up the kitchen. He yawned again and forced himself to stand up. Knowing him he'd be up early to start packing a few things. Well maybe the food. Should they leave something for an refugees that escaped the city? He would think about that in the morning. He stretched after he stood up, the wind dying down outside. Maybe there would be somebody in town who could help him get better control over his powers. He hated loosing control when he got emotional. He went to start cleaning up.

"I can do that." Lucius said standing. He started cleaning up.

"Thanks kiddo."

"No problem."

Precarious Fool

Old 05-18-2016, 07:52 PM

Roland guided Alexi to the bedroom, helping him get into bed before he fell asleep on his feet. The boy seemed to have things handle so he sat on the edge of the bed, taking off his shoes before undressing and climbing into the bed. He didn't feel all that tired, really, but he didn't want Alexi to worry about him not sleeping and stay up himself. Perhaps he would be able to fall asleep if he just stayed put. He hid his shaking hands behind his head, telling himself he didn't need another pill, that he could go without, needed to go without. How could he manage a life with Alexi if he couldn't even manage himself? No, he could do this, he had to do this. Roland closed his eyes and let out a sigh, trying to calm himself.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-18-2016, 11:50 PM

Alexi curled up against Roland. He put his arms around him and held him tight. He was soon snoring softly.

Lucius cleaned up the kitchen and started packing some of the food stuffs they would be taking with them. He was excited and scared at the same time. This would be new for him. He hand't had a real home in a very long time.

(OOC: Sorry this isn't longer wasn't sure what else to put. Feel free to time jump if you want.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-18-2016, 11:59 PM

Roland sighed, he had managed to control his shaking and found himself getting sleepy. It didn't take much longer before he was fast asleep, arms still wrapped tight around Alexi, as if they would be torn apart in their sleep if he didn't hold on.

Morning came far too quickly, Roland woke up to Alexi still sleeping. He squirmed and wiggled his way free, hoping he had succeeded in not waking him up. Already he wanted to take a pill, knowing he would need it to just get through the day. With his back to Alexi he quickly reached under the corner of the bed, grabbing the small bottle. He tucked it in his pocket and left the room. With a glass of water he quickly took one of the pills so he'd be ready for packing and getting to the new place. Still he felt unsure, he didn't think it was a good idea, but how could he tell Alexi that?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 01:09 AM

The kitchen was all packed up and ready to go. Lucius walked in his hair a bit wet. He had gone swimming in the stream. "Morning." He said taking a drink of water. "I packed a bit last night. I hope you don't mind." He said grabbing an apple for breakfast. He could sense that Roland wasn't sure about all this. He hoped against hope that things would work out for them.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-19-2016, 01:16 AM

Roland managed a smile, "No, thank you for the help, it will make it easier to head out." He looked to the bottle of wine left on the table. It wasn't really practical to take, they had enough to carry and worry about other than a half full bottle of wine. Shrugging, he grabbed it and took a big drink, knowing he probably wouldn't have anything so fine again. This bottle was probably worth a couple hundred dollars, his father never drank cheap wine.

Drinking this early in this morning was probably not one of his better ideas, but it wasn't like he was going to get drunk, so they couldn't be too upset, could they? All the really needed to do was pack the clothes and odd things he brought, which would take only a few minutes. Hopefully Alexi woke up soon so they could get on their way. If it didn't work out he wanted time to get back to here.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 01:35 AM

Alexi slept for a couple more hours. He woke up still tired. He would have to try and catch up on his sleep when they got to there new home. He stood heading into the kitchen. "Morning guys. I am going to go take a quick dip in the river before we head out." He said going and kissing Roland's cheek. His hair was looking a bit dingy and it felt gross. He headed to the door. He headed to the stream stripping off his clothes he got into the water with a shiver. He was looking forward to warm showers again. That was one thing he missed most since being kicked out

Precarious Fool

Old 05-19-2016, 10:25 AM

They had packed everything they could, Roland had even gone into the bedroom while Alexi slept and packed up that stuff. For awhile he just sat at the table, sipping wine, the bottle now nearly empty, watching the day pass and still Alexi did not wake up. Before he could wake him, he heard his voice. With a mischievous sort of grin and a plan brought on by drinking far too much for it being morning still, he all but raced from the house, stripping his shirt off as he went. He stumbled on the way but it didn't stop him, throwing down the rest of his clothes beside Alexi's he dove into the water, the cold nearly shocking him. He surfaced behind Alexi, splashing him a bit before diving back under the water. He swam a few more feet before coming back up for air, grinning at Alexi from a good distance away.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 12:33 PM

Alexi heard Roland coming so he wasn't surprised when he got splashed. He laughed as he watched Roland. He knew this mood was mostly likely because of the wine but he would take it. Their lives had been much to stressful recently. Alexi dove under the water and swam to where Roland had surfaced. He wrapped his arms around him and then quickly his legs. He leaned in and kissed his lover fully on the mouth. He nipped at his bottom lip. A small parto f his mind still worried about the future but he was able to ignore that part for the time being.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-19-2016, 07:00 PM

It was easy to forget all their troubles at a time like this, sometimes he wondered if they'd be better off staying in the cabin, away from the stress of other people, and jobs, and money. Was it really so bad here? Of course he couldn't say any of that to Alexi now, no, he would just have to give this new city a chance, hopefully it was as good as Alexi hoped for. Roland returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around Alexi, letting himself live in the moment, even if just for a few minutes. The wind was cold on his exposed skin and he couldn't hold back a shiver, they wouldn't be able to stay long if they didn't want to risk getting sick yet he wasn't done, not yet...

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 11:13 PM

Alexi shivered as well. "Maybe this isn't the best time." He mummered into Roland's neck. He forced him self to let go. He got out and used his powers to get the water off of himself before getting dressed. A part of him wanted to stay here. But he knew this place would most likely be over run after the attack on the city. He shuddered at the thought of so much innocent blood being spilled. Alexi hated Marcus, but deep down knew that hating him was wrong. He let out a sigh running his fingers through his hair. They would make it. The three of them would make it through whatever life would bring them.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-19-2016, 11:21 PM

Roland stayed in the water a little longer, the chill feeling good against his skin. Knowing they needed to get moving, he climbed out of the water, pulling his clothes on over his still wet skin, the fabric of his shirt clinging to him. "We should get moving soon..." he mumbled, looking back at the cabin. He would never forget the short time they spent here, the enjoyment of spending longer than a few hours with Alexi. He hurried back to the cabin, they didn't have much to carry, just the dufflebag of clothes and stuff, plus the small bag with food, which would be lighter than when they brought it. Everything should be packed by now, he wondered if he should finish off the wine before they left, it would be a shame for it to go to waste.

Or he could just drink it as they walked, right? It had water in it. He laughed to himself at the thought and grabbed the bottle from the table once he entered the cabin. "Ready to go?" He spoke out loud, looking around for Lucius.