Rhea Nicola
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 AM

Not so much Dr. Who as Torchwood. I really do need to start watching it, though. My mom likes it and I've see a few episodes. I like what I've seen so far. I should probably also start reading the books... we have several of those.

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-25-2008, 02:25 PM

I love the show since I was a kid and still today. They are showing the new doctor who now of Sci-fi and I love the new doctor he is cute.

Nightgaunt
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nightgaunt Send a message via MSN to Nightgaunt

Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM

The switch of doctors was still highly disappointing, it doesn't come off in a good light to say how wonderful the role is and then vanish. Besides, although the 'newer' regenerated doctor is good, Eccelston was just...better. He was more doctor like, but however classic filmography bait and switch.

Sequined Messengers
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 PM

waah! I adore Doctor Who! tis amazingness.

I've not seen much of the original one, but I love the new one, especially since David Tennant has been The Doctor. He's the absolute smex, if you ask me (and probably most other right-thinking people, surely...)

Loving the new series, I was all set to not like Catherine Tate as Donna, but I love her now, she's fantastic. And Rose is coming back!!!! *dances* <<< SPOILER

Ooh, and Torchwood! anyone else love it? I watch it for the Welsh accents, Eve Myles, and the man-smex, mainly, but I love everything about it, really. (RIP Tosh and Owen!)*sobs* <<< another SPOILER, beware.

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 05-17-2008, 11:36 AM

Sequined Messengers
Oh no she isn't, is she? I really didn't like Rose. To begin with, her eyebrows annoy the crap out of me, and well...I just don't like her. I don't really get into the whole companion relationship things. Ewwy. <---- spoiler possibly?

I love Donna/Catherine Tate in the new series. She's really quite amazing. I blame her for my distinct lack of internet speed (yay, blowing download limits). David Tennet is a different kind of doctor, but he's a good one never-the-less. I like him for what he brings to the role. It might just be my little fan girl heart speaking though...I am a sucker for the sexy-geek.....

Torchwood is, as I've said before, pretty much amazing.
I've seen season 2 now, and love it even more. I just wish a certain welsh lady could have swapped places with Tosh. I'm gonna miss Owen. <----- spoiler possibly.
I don't like Gwen at all. She needs to decide which man she loves and stick with him. And hopefully it's Rhys. I like Rhys. Rhys is kinda cute xD

Last edited by Glammy; 05-17-2008 at 11:39 AM..

Dragonchilde
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-17-2008, 01:46 PM

I was enjoying the new seasons quite a bit, then the doctor was replaced. I learned to like the new one, only to have the quality of the episode plots go down in flames. When my boyfriend says 'wouldn't it be funny and retarded if it were Daleks in the sphere' and that's exactly what happens, it pretty much kills the show for me.

I grew up watching the older reruns on tv and quite enjoyed them, I just can't stand the writing in the newer stuff though :(

Ritz
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 PM

I haven't watched any of the fourth season of the new series, but I have to agree with others that I miss the Ninth Doctor. I do like Ten though and the second season ending made me cry quite a bit. Anyway, I should probably get on the fourth season since the things I have tried recently (Skins and Kyle XY) have been busts.

As for Torchwood, (spoiler)
I cried a lot over Tosh and Owen. I'm really, really going to miss them. And I do like Gwen and I'm really pleased the writers didn't cop out and let her marry Rhys. I'm just a little concerned that now the team members we have left are Jack's two primary love interests.

Silverblacktears
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Silverblacktears

Old 05-18-2008, 07:46 PM

Christopher Eccleson was a much better Docter then David Tennent in my opinion. I prefered how 'edgy' Eccleson made him.

I'm not a big fan of the series but I watch it because it's on; I do think the CG could be better (Some of the elements don't always 'fit' into the worlds) given what other series have achieved of late.

SBT

Robard
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-28-2008, 05:32 PM

I haven't yet encountered a Doctor I didn't like, although I haven't seen Six or Seven. But the first episode I saw was with Eccleston, so he's always going to be special. xD

I love the new season with Donna -- the romantic entanglements were getting really annoying, and as amusing as the Daleks are it seemed like they were showing up every other episode. Variety (and better writing?) for the win!
However, (possible spoiler) I fear that Rose's return will drag all that unpleasantness back into the show. Here's hoping she'll have come to her senses like Martha? Or at least that the romantic subplot will be small.

Incognito Sabellian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 AM

Dr who kicks ass meny things they can do it can allways be new and diff its kinda never ending consept because hell if the acter playing dr who at the times dies or dont want to do it anymore just have dr who do is regenerate and ta da hes a new guy with a new look i love dr who old ones and new ones and love the opening song

TempusBliss
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 PM

I'm quite a fan of the series, but I haven't seen any episodes before the Ninth Doctor. I'm still nagging my dad to allow me to see the episodes with the Fourth Doctor.

PrinnYO
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-30-2008, 03:21 PM

I love DR.Who. My friend got me into it. My mom and aunt use to watch the show. I've only seen eppwith the current DR. ((David)) and a few with ((Christopher)). I've also read a few comics.

Kibz
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kibz

Old 07-04-2008, 12:57 AM

I love doctor who.

I didn't start watching until the end of Torchwoods season 2.

So i've only seen it with David Tennant, but i'm bloody well obsessed now xD
I've just finished watching the first half of the stolen earth episode. amazing stuff!

rockin904
*^_^*
Banned

Old 07-04-2008, 02:08 AM

:(I want to see the Dr. Who cause i was always interested in the series from the old series to this current one but i always end up missing the episodes. Looks like i might end up renting the dvds to watch them

Incognito Sabellian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM

said it before and ill say it again love doctor who new and old love how they have it set up only show and movie i would buy on dvd love the concept just everything about it i like alot

Last edited by Incognito Sabellian; 07-08-2008 at 09:53 PM..

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM

I'll go ahead and merge this with the first topic about Dr. Who. :)

Kitzana
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Dr. Who is awesome!! And the current actor to play him is really really cute!!

Callisandra_Naveah
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-16-2008, 12:50 AM

I LOVE Doctor Who, seriously, I am one of those annoying fangirls that get all gushy and crazy....lolz

J4MES
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM

Doctor Who is the only television show I watch due to it being the best thing on tv.

:cool:

Sad to see season 4 end and having to wait until Christmas for 1 episode:(

sexyhobbit
Send a message via AIM to sexyhobbit

Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 PM

:poke: so i wanted to know if there are any Doctor Who fans on here. its probably one of my fav shows ever. for me David Tennant is the best Doctor ever. :)

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 08-26-2008, 01:41 AM

There are indeed, and they're all in this topic.

Since this is a duplicate, I'll go ahead and lock it up and direct you over there.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions.

GeminiKizzy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-03-2008, 04:01 PM

Dr. Who rocks! I've been watching it since CE restarted the series. I've been hooked ever since. I do like DT better as the Dr, although it is a close tie. My fav companion is Donna since her character is the most like me. However, I've always rooted for the Dr/Rose relationship (I'm a hopeless romantic). I can't wait for the new season to start!

Twethereal
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 AM

I've watched Doctor Who since the first episode with Christopher Eccleston aired in the US. I'm a Sci Fi nut and I fell in love with the show immediately. When I found out that CE was only doing one season and found out that David Tennant was going to be the next Doctor, I was kind of worried. I had seen him in Harry Potter and I didn't know enough about him to know if he'd be good in another role or not. When I started watching season 2 though I realized that I shouldn't have worried. He's so quirky and adorable! I love him more as the Doctor than CE although CE will always have a special spot in my heart for being my first Doctor.

And as for the Doctor's companions, I really like Rose. (Although sometimes it was hard to understand her...) She had chemistry with both the Doctors and I am a shipper at heart. ^_^ I don't like Martha though. I thought she fell in love with the Doctor too quickly, and right after Rose left too! That was a bit too much. I actually liked her in her first episode though, but after that, I thought she went downhill fast. Donna is quirky. I do like her, but I will admit she annoys me at times. Like when she keeps talking about being just a temp all the time. But on the whole, I like her. At least she didn't fall in love with the Doctor after only knowing him for a very short time. *Spoiler for last episode of season 4* The end of the last episode made me cry! Donna had to forget about the Doctor and her adventures, and then the Doctor can't even stay with Rose! Poor Doctor! My heart broke for him. Especially when Rose kissed the other Doctor instead of him. He left without really saying goodbye so that she could start her new life with the other Doctor. I cried my eyes out. I hopes he gets a new companion soon so he won't be lonely for long. But I hope it won't be a potential love interest. The Doctor needs time to recover.

I'm excited to see what the next season will bring. That was a whopper of a season ender though. They're going to have to try hard to top it. ^_^

GeminiKizzy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-04-2008, 03:31 AM

I agree that I liked the change in which Donna did not fall in love with the Doctor. It would be interesting to see who they choose for the next companion. We have clues from the Library episode but we don't know when that will happen. I really hope they bring Jenny back in - I really liked her!

Tsukihami
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-06-2008, 02:07 PM

I do like the show; it's one of the few that has consistently good plots.
I'm glad about what happened at the end of the last series, though I did like Donna and want her back.
I'm just interested to see where they'll go with it after this.