• I suppose it depends on what's going on
    in my house at the time. I really love to
    sit around on the couch and read, but sometimes
    there is too much going on in the house for me
    to be able to do that.

I made a cozy place in the basement that I use
    to play Advanced Dungeons and Dragons with my
    friends, so I will sometimes read down there in the
    summer, but it's too cold to do so in the winter.

darkcheese
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 06-10-2007, 08:57 PM

My favorite place to read is in my bed, I prop up the pillows, so it's like im sitting up!

I love to read in my bed, because my bed is nice and large, but also warm.

so it's very comfortable to read, and get into a book there.

Sherezade
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 AM

My bed, before I go to sleep *__* I just can't quit it =)

I also like reading in my summer place terrace *__* But since I only do that once in a blue moon, I guess it doesn't count XDDD But that's a peaceful place, makes you actually love whatever you're reading just because of the environment .. Cities are corrupted x.X;;

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 PM

You're so going to laugh at me for this, but...

I love to read in the bathtub. Just a half-hour of that is heaven for me. And I do it 2-4 times a day (I use soap 1 time, no I'm not obsessed with being clean).

And I'm required to read 22 minutes a day in literacy, and then almost every day in reading because my teacher doesn't teach and my entire class is going to fail the final on Monday (I have friends in her 8th period class and they all failed or came close to it).

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 06-16-2007, 11:16 PM

My favorite places to read...That would be my room. Or a bench in a park. Or some nice, cozy cafe or pub, where there are not many people.
When I was younger, I also loved to read in my bathtub, but that was ages ago. ^_^;

Ellendar
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-18-2007, 02:53 AM

Well in the summer I usually love to read outside, though I tend to find akward places to read. For example my first 2 years of college I lived in a dorm, outside the dorm are 2 5ish feet tall and about 2ish feet wide, (they serve as pillirs to guide cars in to a pariking lot) with trees and general city park feeling around them. I'd sit cross legged on top of one of the pillars and read for hours on end, people would come and go to dinner, class, work, ect... and I'd just be atop my pillar reading olivious to the world. A few people apparently thought I was awsome for doing it as I found out in a class... I never even noticed the people when I was reading, who knows... I was having fun...

Celestial
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 PM

• I like to read in my loveseat, or any kind of sofa but I need the television to be turned off before I actually read.

Simplixity
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM

I really like reading on the mini loveseat that I have in my room, it's just so comfortable. If only if was a little bigger though. Somehow, everytime I make a consious effort to find a good place to read, I can't concentrate. Instead, if I just plop down on the nearest surface and grab a book, I can focus much better. It's really weird. My friends are amazed everytime I'm reading around them, since they're such loudmouths (literally), and noisy all the time. It doesn't make sense to them that if I'm really absorbed in a book, I can completly tune out my surroundings and just get get absorbed into the plot.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really have a favorite place to read, it just depends on the book. Though, being in an air-conditioned room during summer does help. XD

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 AM

I like reading curled up in a sunny spot, I'll follow it around the house too just like my cat. Either that or in the bath tub with lots and bubbles :D

ladyvampirabloods
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to ladyvampirabloods Send a message via MSN to ladyvampirabloods Send a message via Yahoo to ladyvampirabloods

Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 AM

I like to read curled up on the couch while watching t.v.

or laying in bed trying to fall asleep but can't cause I'm to into the book.

or sitting on the ground in the bookstore

or sitting outside listening to music while enjoying my favorite book.

It all depends on the mood I'm in though.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 PM

I like to read in my closet. It's a nice, cozy place where no one can bother me and I'm surrounded by silence. I like to tape posters up there, to personalize it a bit. The only problem is that in the Summer, my closet gets really warm. I wish I could put a fan in there or something...

Sour Gum

Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 AM

Either in the bathroom, on a towel in the bathtub, or outside in my pool.

Her-Humble-Homunculi
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 AM

When I read I like to sit on my big comfy couch and put on some light clasical music because it makes reading easier for me, I can sit there for hours reading...

Reita Is Love
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Reita Is Love

Old 06-23-2007, 04:33 PM

I LOVE to read...I'll read almost all the time...the only thing is...I don't have a specific place to read...when it's not to hot and not to cold I usually put a towel on my front lawn and sit there and read but It's not like I read all the time outside...Sometimes I lay on my bed and sometimes i just sit at the counter eating lunch while reading a book...So as long as the place is comfortable I'll read there Lol...I even read books on plane rides during vacation XD

aka-alreadydead
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to aka-alreadydead

Old 06-24-2007, 01:50 AM

my fav place to read is mmmm
in my room cause
its quite

SSCeles
*mreow?*
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles

Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 PM

...once upon a time there was a power outage during a wind storm. I was so bored and going through computer withdrawls when I remembered I hadn't read the most recent Harry Potter book yet. I was so bored that I actually decided to, even though the beginning was rather dry.

I read it while wrapped up in a blanket in the bathrub, surrounded by candles. Creepy, ne? I also spent the night in the bathtub. It's the safest place in the house during a windstorm. =3

Oh! Other than that occassion, I like reading just about anywhere. Because I'm odd like that. x3

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-28-2007, 03:58 PM

This is going to sound kind of strange, but my brothers and I hung a tire swing about 15 feet in the air from a branch in one of our trees. The branches kind of spiral up it so it is easy to climb. So when ever I want to read and be in the warm sun, I climb up and lounge in the tire swing. It's so comfortable and just really relaxing to read outside and hear the sounds of nature.

Maichanz
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Maichanz

Old 06-29-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaitealatte
In the bath.

:D Which is probably one of the most dangerous places to read. But I'VE not lost a book yet. Just my German notes. My dad dropped one of mine in once.

Otherwise, on planes, trains, cars... or in bed.
Lol, I've read it in the bath many times before too! I just couldn't put my book down! Luckily, I haven't lost a book yet either...just ended up with skin slightly wrinkled up!XD

I love reading, I'd read anywhere(especially if it's an awesome book)! Call me a bookworm, call me a geek or nerd but the fact is, reading is awesome!

Sandra
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 PM

my favorite places to read would be in my room on the bed or on the couch, the bathroom, the living room, or outside. But I mostly read in my room on the bed or couch since I can lock the door a keep pesky humans also known as my mother, Father, older sister, not so little little brother, and the maids.

Bellazure
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-02-2007, 12:19 AM

I like to read in bed, or outside as long as it's not windy.
But my favorite place to read is in bed

EbilKitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Definitely in bed. Now that I think about it that's actually the only place I read xD

Tease
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Tease

Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 AM

Depends the time of day. If I am reading at night, obviously I enjoy reading in my bed curled up with pillows and blankets but if it is during the day I LOVE reading in the hammock in my back yard.

morrissey
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via ICQ to morrissey Send a message via AIM to morrissey Send a message via MSN to morrissey Send a message via Yahoo to morrissey

Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 AM

In my head, outside in the garden where I can get tan at the same time. Or in my room, or at someone else's house where there's nothing else to do. When I read at someone else's house I guess it's an insult to them but whatever. They're my cousins most of the time.

Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-07-2007, 10:27 PM

i read in bed... mainy because of what i read, i get that into the books that i cant put them down until the fall out of my hand because i'm so tired, then all i have to do is mark the page and turn the light off >.<

i wish there was an easier way though, when you are layed in bed you gotta keep turning, otherwise you get a dead arm trying to keep the book up!

my own fault for being obsessed with collecting hardback versions >.<