View Poll Results: which of the songs do you like better??
SNSD - The Boys 3 75.00%
KARA - STEP 1 25.00%
WONDER GIRLS - Be My Baby 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 AM

@Sayomi:

Yay anther fan Love the avatar BTW. & Electric Shock is good stuff!

@Everyone:

Boyfriend makes me laugh. They are cute, but they are so, so, so modeled to be adored.
As in, they aren't a fierce or sexy group, they are charming, pink, and ridiculously adorable xD

AND THEY HAVE TWINS IN THE GROUP. OMG YES PLEASE. Kwangmin & Youngmin remind me of
a mix between Kim Hyun Joong (Boys Over Flowers) and someone I can't put my finger on.

I want to make MinWoo my plushie, he's adorable!! And I love JeongMin too

I don't really care for Lovestyle, but you've got to give them props for wearing those oufits LOL
I do kind of enjoy their self titled single, BoyFriend. I'm waiting to see what else they release~

@Ana_M:

B1A4!! I love their song Baby I'm Sorry. I haven't really gone crazy about any of their other
songs, but I totally love that one. I hope they come out with another good single sometime soon!

I don't know Sistar well, but I really like their song Alone. I think the music video is simple, but striking,
it's wonderful. The colors and the outfits which aren't totally slutty, but sophisticatedly appealing. And
the song itself is so dark and rich and lovely. I like all parts of it, it's a top song in my book!

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE GAME, B.A.P! *fan girl shriek* WE GOT THE POWER, I GOT THE POWER,
and WAAARRRRIIIIOOORRRR! *dances like a mob boss* I love love love their songs / style / vocals / etc!

EDIT: When was that poll going on?! I didn't get to vote for Wonder Girls

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-12-2012, 05:41 AM

Aya~!
HAHAHA~! YESS! I got the power, huh! ;D
I really friggin' love that "puppet" dance they do! :heart: I want to learn it!! Now if I just had a dancing group, y'kno? No one likes to dance with me, at all. T_T I barely got my best friend into Kpop. ://///
B.A.P. = LOVE. I've adored BYG since his official debut, and kya~! He's such a great vocalist, and hearing Zelo... even better! ^_^ Super cute!

They've got some good music, I agree the simple music video and dance was extremely sexy and pretty! Unlike what well, a lot of girl bands are coming out with Kpop. (HyunA, what did I say something? :// It's true~ I don't ... eh, she's being put into too many slut roles! D:)

I actually really like quite a few of their songs, they're extremely cute and well, middle schoolish! Lol, they make me feel like I got a ton of cute memories from middle school. (Not really, though I do have some good ones, and they overrule the bad) Ahem~.

I woulda voted for SNSD's "The Boys" actually. xD

I love how everyone knows who the fuck we're talking about when we say Boys over Flowers. *shakes head laughing*

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-12-2012, 10:22 PM

B.A.P FTW! I really love Zelo's rapping, he's so full of attitude and I like his style. BYG is fierce,
I love his gruff deepish voice. Daehyun and Youngjae I really like as well (♥ w ♥) Himchan (in Power)
will forever remind me of a thug villian-sidekick from the kdrama Who Are You I don't dislike
him at all, he's cool. It just makes me laugh. Jongup is the member I'm the least familiar with.

I don't think I'm naturally very gifted in the dance area, but I would still love to learn! I think
I would die if I could be apart of a kpop flash mob *swoon* it's one of my goals in life xD

Oh yuck, HyunA's Bubble Pop *eyeroll* Some stuff I don't get. Like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

I should look into Boyfriend's discography more. They remind me of Arashi (jpop) in the sense that
they aren't a fierce guy group, a lot of their songs are more poppy than rocky LOL. Boyfriend is definitely
cuter than Arashi, that's for sure (> w<) Another group I enjoy but don't love or follow tons is CNblue.
They are a bandy guy group and have some good songs, I really like Hey You! Jung Yong Hwa is a
kickbutt guitarist and singer, plus he's cute. And I really liked him in the kdrama Heartstrings.

I didn't pay SNSD's The Boys much attention at first. Then I made myself sit through the whole
music video / song, and it started to grow on me. Now I have it downloaded with all my other kpop vids, lol
GIRLS BRING THE BOYS OUT! I really don't like listen to Korean groups singing their songs in English :/ I think
it takes away from their original awesomeness and prefer them in their natural language. I wouldn't touch
the English version of The Boys with a 10 ft pole, but the normal release is pretty catchy, I'll admit :'3

I still would have voted for Be My Baby though. I love it. *starts jamming*

Quote:
Watching gyesok barabomyeon nan
Waiting niga dagaogimaneul barae
Eoseo naege wa nal deryeo ga jebal
Dreaming ni mamdo na gatgireul
Praying Gaseum joimyeo nan gidohae
Jeo haneure ireohke du soneul moaseo

Ireon jeogi eobtneunde
Nae gaseumi dugeun, dugeun, dugeun daego
Myeot beon bon jeok eobtneunde ni moseubi jakku ggume nawa
Chabunharyeo haneunde
Niga ddo nae apeman natanamyeon
Saranghandago malhaebeoril geotman gata

PLEASE BE MY BABY
I know!! BoF is a classic. It's one of those dramas that you have to watch at least once. Some dramas
I can't get through a whole two times. I think I've watched it a time and a half xD I really love the part
where JanDi takes off her shoes at the party near the end and falls back into the pool out of devastation
that Goo Jun Pyo doesn't remember her and then he gets his memory back and saves her *fangirls*

This thread is the most fun I've had on Mene in a while!!

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 AM

Himchan is fucking cute. xD His name is hilarious sounding to me, too! It's like... HIM-CHAN~! xDD KAWAII DESU~!
I can't help but to think that. Me too, BYG's friggin' deeep sexxy voice :heart: I agree Zelo has a ton of personality in his raps, and he's sooo fast! The other 3 I'm not as familiar with... I can sadly only pick out Zelo and BYG out easily, and Himchan only half the time. xD

I dunno if I am, will have to post a recording. ;)

Bubble pop the song is super cute, if you're new to HyunA then the dance could be cute... but eh. It's been done a lot with HyunA though. ;c

Oh yea, they have those... I don't like the English versions either, actually. I tried 2ne1's, I sang in Korean. I don't like the Japanese versions of songs. I tried B2ST's, it's annoying. I sing in Korean, again. :lol:

Ohmygosh, hahaha 2ne1 I am the best! Da da da ~
I wanna dance it now...

I love Big Bang though... them and their parodies. XD

Last edited by Ana_M; 07-13-2012 at 12:24 AM..

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 AM

Squee! I found a thread that shares the same loves as I do!

What your favourite artist(s)/groups?

Oh dear, I have too many to count! SHINee was the first group that I got acquainted with (and it's Taemin's birthday today! XD) and then I started listening to U-KISS and SHINHWA. I equalize my love for all of those groups and more, such as BIA4 (totally listening to O.K. right now), FT Island, Super Junior, NU'EST, and f(x) (especially Electric Shock). But not as much as I love SHINee! To be fair, they are the first group I laid my eyes on.

What is your favourite kpop song/album??

If I had to pick an album, it would either SHINee's Hello album or U-KISS's Neverland album. But if I had to pick a song, then I would pick Wowowow by SHINee. To be honest, I can't pick just one! XD

What is your favourite drama??

I'm currently watching a drama called Playful Kiss starring SS501's Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min. Well, I'm kinda stopping myself from watching it because I make too much noise when I watch it. I just love how frustrating and adorable the couple are!

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 AM

xhotcharmx: Yay~! Another person who likes U-KISS~! :D I'm totally in love with them. I've been totally in love with them since their DoraDora comeback. :3 Electric Shock by f(x) is so awesome. :D I really love that song. O.K. is so frigging adorable~

owo What's the drama about? I just recently got into K-drama, thanks to a friend who showed me a few episodes of 'Boys Before Flowers'. >w>

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 AM

CADFND:U-KISS is awesome. Don't doubt it. The first song that I've heard by them was one of their older songs: Man Man Ha Ni. Despite the member changes and all that, I love the new U-KISS just as much as I loved the old one! :) Hoon and AJ are adorable! I especially love their DoraDora comeback. I mean, just look at how sexy they are!

Other KPOP songs that aren't U-KISS, SHINee, or SHINHWA are due to my sister's suggestions. I love the songs that she suggests. Otherwise, I wouldn't be a fan of f(x) or B1A4 like I am today. :)

Playful Kiss is based off a Japanese Manga and it's about this average C's and D's girl who falls for cool, good-looking, A-Plus student. Her new house falls due to a mild 2.0 earthquake (lol) and so she and her father live with her father's best friend, who is coincidentally the A-Plus student's father. It's really cute and it makes you want to cheer them on for their up- and- down relationship. You should totally watch it!

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 07-18-2012 at 03:35 AM..

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhotcharmx View Post
Squee! I found a thread that shares the same loves as I do!

What your favourite artist(s)/groups?

Oh dear, I have too many to count! SHINee was the first group that I got acquainted with (and it's Taemin's birthday today! XD) and then I started listening to U-KISS and SHINHWA. I equalize my love for all of those groups and more, such as BIA4 (totally listening to O.K. right now), FT Island, Super Junior, NU'EST, and f(x) (especially Electric Shock). But not as much as I love SHINee! To be fair, they are the first group I laid my eyes on.

What is your favourite drama??

I'm currently watching a drama called Playful Kiss starring SS501's Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min. Well, I'm kinda stopping myself from watching it because I make too much noise when I watch it. I just love how frustrating and adorable the couple are!
YAY (^ O^)

Go Shawols! I love SHINEE I'm not real familiar with SHINHWA, but I dig their song Venus!
Oh serious props for your taste with NU'EST, I love'em like mad. Let's be friends, oh fellow kpop-lover!!

PLAYFUL KISS! I found it on dramafever (my first stop place to watch kdrama) after watching Kim Hyun Joong
in Boys Over Flowers. It's such a sweet, funny drama. I love that it's not like DRAMA DRAMA crazy, it has a decent
dose of it, but a lot of humor and love too. I adore the characters, Oh Ha Ni (oh honey, lol) has a great personality,
I really like her friends too. And my heart breaks for Bong Joon Gu I almost wish Ha Ni had seriously given him a try.

I LOVE the name Baek Seung Jo. It's so fun to say. Sometimes I'll randomly be doing something or nothing and out
of the blue "Baek Seung Jo" just rolls off my tongue, and I giggle like an oddball. Kim Hyun Joong 's character sometimes
frustrates me. I like him more in Boys Over Flowers, sorta. You almost don't notice at first that Lee Si Young (who plays
Ha Ni's competition, Yoon He Ra) is in fact Oh Min Ji from Boys Over Flowers!

If you liked the actors in Boys Over Flowers, you'd probably like Ahn Suk-hwan (Jan Di's father) in the kdrama My Girl!
It's SOOOO funny and good. The main character, Joo Yoo Rin, is hilarious and so lovable! Lee Min-jung (Jun Pyo's fiance)
is in the drama Who Are You? which is also very funny! Lee Un is in that AND in Coffee Prince, which I LOVE!

I could carry on and on xD

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 AM

xhotcharmx: I kind of jumped on the bandwagon a little late, and became a fan just in time for their DoraDora comeback, but I know a lot of their songs from before the member changes. I love every single one of the boys. :3 The first video/song I watched/listened to by them was Neverland. I've been addicted since then. I've memorized most of Forbidden Love. I saw DoraDora and was like 'Okay, I'm officially in love with them now.' XD

Hmm, then I shall have to watch it. X3 It sounds really adorable. I'll track that down along with Boys Over Flowers. ^w^

ObviouslyAya: ^w^ I did think that Boys Over Flowers was really well-cast, even though I haven't seen too much of it yet. ^^; I've only seen two episodes. I'll definitely have to watch those dramas, then. I've heard a little about Coffee Prince, and I'm getting really curious about it. >w> I'll be sure to check out dramafever first when I go to track all of these dramas down. XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 AM

go on and on, Aya♥, we love to read it.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM

ObviouslyAya: Shawols unite! :) To be honest, Venus ia the only song by SHINHWA that I know, but I'm in the process of knowing all their songs by heart! So far, my favorite is Wild Eyes and On the Road. And I've recently been a fan of NU'EST ever since I listened to their song, Face. It isn't difficult to rock hard to it, haha. XD I think I found a new friend on Mene. <3

Baek Seung Jo makes me hate/love him. Gosh, he's so frustrating! I probably wouldn't stay in that house very long if I was Oh Ha Ni. (I laughed when I heard her name, too. I thought they were speaking English for a second.)

But then again, she gets to live with the guy she insanely likes. I guess I would stay for that reason. ;) Her friends are pretty awesome. I love her friend who wants to be a hairdresser! (Sorry. Can't think of her name right now.) Bong Joon Gu kinda annoys me, though. Sometimes, I don't want him to get through Seung Jo and Ha Ni's relationship but other times, I really do!

I'll check out those other shows you mentioned. I can't get enough of Kim Hyun Joong right now! Despite his character.

CADFND: It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan. What matters is that us fans are there to support U-KISS! :D I love Neverland so much that I bought their album. I'm currently saving up to get another of their albums right now!

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADFND View Post
ObviouslyAya: ^w^ I did think that Boys Over Flowers was really well-cast, even though I haven't seen too much of it yet. ^^; I've only seen two episodes. I'll definitely have to watch those dramas, then. I've heard a little about Coffee Prince, and I'm getting really curious about it. >w> I'll be sure to check out dramafever first when I go to track all of these dramas down. XD
CADFND:

Boys Over Flowers is one of those Korean things you hear about just as your getting into some end of Asian
Entertainment or other. You don't know what it is, and you eventually look it up and find out, because otherwise
when people talk about it, you're clueless as to what they're talking about and what BOF stands for LOL

I really like BOF. Even if it is YES full of drama, and can be predictable at times (like the Ginger and her gang being
stupid) and sometimes (like with any other drama) you throw your hands in the air while talking out loud to the
characters "Why Goo Joon Pyo, why?!" and even though your heart breaks with the characters struggles and
endless problems (and ya hate on the villains, like his mom) you can't help but be addicted and drool over the hot
guys, and admire the girls' personalities. I don't think I could ever really bring myself to watch it from start to finish
a second time. Just because sitting through the emotional roller coaster the first time is enough xD But I love it.

EDIT: Himchan is freakin' HOT in BAP's new single, NO MERCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaClef-a-Verite View Post
ObviouslyAya: Shawols unite! :) To be honest, Venus ia the only song by SHINHWA that I know, but I'm in the process of knowing all their songs by heart! So far, my favorite is Wild Eyes and On the Road. And I've recently been a fan of NU'EST ever since I listened to their song, Face. It isn't difficult to rock hard to it, haha. XD I think I found a new friend on Mene. <3

Baek Seung Jo makes me hate/love him. Gosh, he's so frustrating! I probably wouldn't stay in that house very long if I was Oh Ha Ni. (I laughed when I heard her name, too. I thought they were speaking English for a second.)

But then again, she gets to live with the guy she insanely likes. I guess I would stay for that reason. ;) Her friends are pretty awesome. I love her friend who wants to be a hairdresser! (Sorry. Can't think of her name right now.) Bong Joon Gu kinda annoys me, though. Sometimes, I don't want him to get through Seung Jo and Ha Ni's relationship but other times, I really do!

I'll check out those other shows you mentioned. I can't get enough of Kim Hyun Joong right now! Despite his character.
LaClef-a-Verite:

Even though I love all the SHINee boys, who would you say you really like? I adore Key! I love his rap and his
passion when he dances & sings. His style is cute and lovable, I always like his hair styles and his smile makes me melt!
Onew has amazing vocals! Jonghyun is always so fierce, rawr! Taemin is smexy + adorable, though I hate him with long
hair. I really like his dancing. Minho I feel the least connection to. He's cool, but nothing about him stands out to me.

Don't worry, Venus is the only song I know by SHINHWA too xD It's darn catchy! I don't know any of the members and
the only other song of theirs I just recently heard is Wild Eyes. NU'EST has my heart. I love love love them & Face.

I know!! Baek Seung Jo and his little brother are so cold / uncaring! I really wish Oh Ha Ni had ended up with Bong Joon Gu,
at least he would treat her as she deserves. I know the point of the drama is supposed to be that she's determined and
gets back up whenever she's down, and continues in the name of her love! But....I still find hers & Baek Seung Jo's relationship
sad. I do love the scene in the rain when he tells her to only like him. But at the same time, he take take takes from her and
doesn't put much into the relationship at all. I like Kim Hyun Joong as an actor, but I don't like the character. And yes LOL I
definitely did a double take when I heard her name, I was like; are they calling her a nickname or something? Nope, Oh Ha Ni.

Jung Joo Ri! The chubby hilarious pretty friend. Bong Joon Gu annoys you?! At first he kind of makes you think WTF, with his
silly hair style and Grease-like-sidekicks. He can be a bit dumb or over-the-top during certain parts. But I don't think Oh Ha Ni
is any different with her sometimes over-the-top pursuit of Baek Seung Jo. I really like Bong Joon Gu when he puts his sillyness
aside and gets serious about cooking, and he really shows / says how much he like Ha Ni. I hate how heartbroken he is

Last edited by ObviouslyAya; 07-19-2012 at 04:02 AM..

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 AM

ObviouslyAya: The first SHINee member to catch my attention was Minho. I thought he was pretty cute (that was probably the only reason lol) The first MV I saw was Ring Ding Dong and my friend laughed at the look on my face when they started doing that gyrating move *drools*XD. Then my sights shifted to Taemin when I saw one of their dance videos. It was difficult for me to focus on anybody else because he danced with so much ease and with a smile on his face. It's obvious that he loves to dance. That's one of the things that makes me swoon about him. Plus, do you see how much he has grown over the years? Puberty has been very good to him ;)

I do love all the members because there is always something to love about them. Jonghyun has powerful vocals with a soft heart. I, pretty much, made a Taemin appreciation paragraph, Minho has a beautiful, underrated voice and is pretty cute when competitive, Onew with his 'condition' and how he looks after the other members (oh, his gut-wrenching voice and obsession with chicken), and Key, the diva. Key does have a lot of passion and puts great effort into doing something that he loves. I <3 all of them!

Seung Jo and Ha Ni's relationship would have gone smoother if he could just be caring enough about it. I agree. I hate it when he's playing with her emotions because that's probably what I would do if I was in that situation: still go after him, hoping and stuff.

Joong Gu only annoys me because of his Grease-like hair and movements. I mean, I love Grease but let's be realistic here. I would like to see how they would turn out if Ha Ni chose Joong Gu instead of Seung Jo.

I guess all characters have something that annoys me. Well, except for Joo Ri. I love, love, love her. Especially her Lady Gaga outfit. XD

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaClef-a-Verite View Post
ObviouslyAya: The first SHINee member to catch my attention was Minho. I thought he was pretty cute (that was probably the only reason lol) The first MV I saw was Ring Ding Dong and my friend laughed at the look on my face when they started doing that gyrating move *drools*XD. Then my sights shifted to Taemin when I saw one of their dance videos. It was difficult for me to focus on anybody else because he danced with so much ease and with a smile on his face. It's obvious that he loves to dance. That's one of the things that makes me swoon about him. Plus, do you see how much he has grown over the years? Puberty has been very good to him ;)

I do love all the members because there is always something to love about them. Jonghyun has powerful vocals with a soft heart. I, pretty much, made a Taemin appreciation paragraph, Minho has a beautiful, underrated voice and is pretty cute when competitive, Onew with his 'condition' and how he looks after the other members (oh, his gut-wrenching voice and obsession with chicken), and Key, the diva. Key does have a lot of passion and puts great effort into doing something that he loves. I <3 all of them!

Seung Jo and Ha Ni's relationship would have gone smoother if he could just be caring enough about it. I agree. I hate it when he's playing with her emotions because that's probably what I would do if I was in that situation: still go after him, hoping and stuff.

Joong Gu only annoys me because of his Grease-like hair and movements. I mean, I love Grease but let's be realistic here. I would like to see how they would turn out if Ha Ni chose Joong Gu instead of Seung Jo.

I guess all characters have something that annoys me. Well, except for Joo Ri. I love, love, love her. Especially her Lady Gaga outfit. XD
LaClef-a-Verite:

It's hard to say who first first caught my attention. Probably Taemin & Jonghyun. It wasn't until Sherlock came
out that I really really started to love and appreciate Key. Minho *takes a short break to re-watch SHINee videos to
pay attention to Minho* Yeah he does have a great voice! And not just when rapping. *sighs blissfully* I love SHINee!
And not just because they're fine looking guys xD They really are amazing dancers and singers. So talented!!

Jonghyun has powerful vocals with a soft heart." That's such a good way to say it, it's so true! He has fierce facial
expressions and vocals, and I think his hair makes him look like a badass. But I wanna hug him like a teddy bear too,
when he's smiling, or singing sweetly, or joking with the guys all brotherly / best friend like. It's so cute!!

Taemin is lead dancer for a reason, me thinks He's hypnotizing to watch. He moves so well, and dances with
confidence, and as you said- a smile! Key the diva. So true!!! The other day I spent like, half an hour, watching videos
of Key dancing to female kpop group songs. Like Kara's Mister. It's hilarious, but that boy sure can move his body!
I think he has serious style. I love his funky colorful outfits and hair styles. He just makes me giggle and swoon.

Quote:
This condition was first named when fans of SHINee, known as Shawols, noticed that Onew kept making cute mistakes. At first they thought that it was very cute of Onew, but as time passed, they began to suspect that Onew was doing this for fanservice, and began to worry that he would hurt himself. His fellow members, Key and Jonghyun, have confirmed that this condition is real, and that Onew is not acting.
LOL I love this about Onew. He's endearing.

The first two times I ever watched SHINee / heard their song (but not sung by them) were as dubs on youtube.
I was seriously into the dubbing (jpop / kpop) community on youtube for about 6 months. I wrote a blog & all.
JoJo and Lucifer were the covers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lucifer. I'm obsessed. And JoJo is a very underrated song
IMO, it's so good! I sought out their other MVs after falling in love with Lucifer and SHINee as a group. Ring Ding
Dong
isn't a favorite of mine, but it's damn catchy and I think it's one of the classic kpop songs (Gee, Sorry Sorry, etc)

I know Seung Jo isn't a total jerk, he just sucks at showing how he feels. He's very subtle. Joong Gu's hair in the
beginning of the drama is really dorky xD That loses him cool points. It's nice that he got someone who chased
after him in the end though. Even if part of me wanted Joong Gu / Ha Ni, lol. I really like Ha Ni's dad! He is one of
my favorite 'dad' role actors! Joo Ri's name is fun to say too. I LOVE her Lady Gaga outfit!! She's so funny~

It's official. This is my favorite thread on Mene

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM

ObviouslyAya: Truthfully speaking, it was difficult for me to watch Sherlock at first because it was so different from their older songs (Hello, Ring Ding Dong, JoJo, etc.) But as I listened to it more, I grew fond of it and eventually bought the cd. Oh, and what ate your thoughts on their photoshoot? Surely you have seen tge pics floating around the Internet.

When I heard Clue (part of Sherlock) and when Minho's rapping (more like seductive whispering) came up, I felt chills. Not only because its the first time I've heard of the song but because it was so... I don't even have words to describe what I'm feeling *goes to listen to Clue again for the chills* So yeah, Minho does have his own charm, even if he rarely shows it.

SHINee is the most talented group of guys that I've laid my eyes on. And I've seen a lot. :D

It's hilarious what these boys offer on variety shows. And I agree. Key's dancing. My gosh, he could serve as a substitute! His hairstyles suit him well, I must say. And Jonghyun, he is soooo adorable! Especially when he cried when they found out that they won that one award. ^_^

I first listened to their more popular singles on YouTube (Lucifer, etc.) when my friend introduced me to them at school. I had thought that they were like the Backstreet Boys of Korea lol. Then I got hooked after seeing them on fancams. :) I just love every single one of their songs!

I just love how all thw characters are pretty realistic in the show, which is probably why I'm so emotional when I watch it. :)

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-20-2012, 01:40 AM

LaClef-a-Verite:

I feel the same way! Some songs, you hear one time and you love it! Other songs don't catch your attention
right away, but end up growing on you. I wasn't attracted to Sherlock to start off with. But I downloaded it
because it's SHINee and I thought maybe I'd grow to like it. And now I love it. I actually haven't seen / read any
thing about the shoot *goes to investigate* I didn't even know until yesterday that SHINee had held a dance
contest for Sherlock xD It's becoming popular in kpop, with Wonder Girls & 2NE1 doing dance contests too.

OMG OMG OMG I AM SO EXCITED

I love the drama Hana Kimi. I've watched the Taiwanese version and the Japanese version. Both have their ups
and downs. It was whispered in the Asian drama world about their being a Korean version in the works, but I
hadn't heard anything about it. UNTIL NOW!!! They renamed it "To the Beautiful You" ~ It stars Sulli from f(x)
as the main female lead, and get this; MINHO FROM SHINEE AS THE MALE LEAD *passes out from excitement*

First off; I love Hana Kimi. The story is hilarious / inspiring. Secondly; it's the Korean version (hwaiting), which I
have been waiting for. Third off; it has a SHINee member as the lead. And lastly; now Minho can show off his stuff!
I bet he is a great actor. I can't wait!!

Anyways, back on topic (lol)

Minho's rapping is seductive. In the beginning ("SHINee's back") and the other whisper times as well. I like so many
things about Sherlock; as a song, as a video, and the guys in it. It's fierce in a different way than Lucifer, both
songs have their own epicness. I agree. There are a lot of awesome guy groups, but IMO SHINee is damn talented
and one of the best there are (I don't think Super Junior even begins to compare, and I like some of SJ's stuff)

Backstreet Boys of Korea? That made me giggle. I think they're cooler than BSB . It's crazy how different the music
is elsewhere compared to America (where I live) and some other places. A lot of people who live here and only listen to
USA music think guy / girl groups are a thing of the past (Backstreet Boys, N'SYNC, Spice Girls, etc) where as anyone who
knows kpop or jpop knows the POWER in groups. Not that soloists aren't good. But I think groups have more impact on
fans, attract more fans, and offer more variety. I love the entertainment systems of Asia They make me endlessly happy!

BTW I think I would pass out if this happened to me;

(link in case Mene doesn't show YT vid)

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 AM

ObviouslyAya: I have come by a lot of bizarre music nowadays, kinda like EXO's Mama, I guess. But after a few more times of listening to it, I'm jamming out, having the time of my life! lol Along with the Sherlock CD came the pictures from the shoot *cue nosebleed* Sexy, much? Well, they all are except for the Taemin (and maybe Minho) photobook I got. You'll see why soon.

Not that I'm hating on them, but it's just that, what is the concept they're getting here? I mean, I get that Sherlock has this mystery theme and I get that. The other songs are awesome, too. It's just... the pictures... don't. tie. in.

I should probably stop before I go any further. I wouldn't want to scare you away from seeing it.

Anyways, I didn't know they're holding a dance contest for Sherlock! If I was decent enough in dancing, I probably would send in a video (probably not due to embarrassment, but you know, you get the point).

"To the Beautiful Youuuu!" "To the Beautifuuuuul You!" I just can't wait to watch it with English subs because I know that my Korean is mediocre at best. (Saranghae, Annyeong, etc.) I even sang the title to whatever tune I could come up with, as you may see from the first two sentences of this paragraph XD. Minho as the male lead! My gosh, I'm already swooning from the trailer that they posted a few days ago. :D

I didn't know that the drama was based off Hana Kimi. I think I read that manga before. Hmm...

I mean, I saw briefly saw him in Salamander Guru and gosh, he makes all the girls smile (including meee!). Gosh, he's so clueless when dealing with girls that it's pretty cute! *squee!*

I agree with you, Aya. I think groups have more power over the soloists here in America. I mean, there isn't just one person fans squee over and stuff. Not that soloists here aren't great.

And I watched the video, and my initial thoughts were, "Hmm... Just a random flash mob, no biggie." Because I didn't know SHINee went to Russia. Why can't they go to Florida? Hot, mucky, muggy Florida? (I think I just gave them a reason to not come here. :P ) Then SHINee appeared and I think I just squealed. I kinda had to apologize for crying out so late at night XD

I would hyperventilate and just faint right there if I was one of the dancers.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 AM

OH BAP~. <3
Kdramas are on netflix! O: Going to go check out the quality after I finish replying to my roleplays. :3

I'll let ya'll know which ones and if it's even worth watching. Ahhh, Aya. You sweet heart, you. Making my heart frail with these videos! ;P

I have nothing too big to add to the convo right now. Buut.... Chi-Chi is getting a new image, and I am watching someone on devart who just sent a proposal for their new image. ;)
Clicky for the proposal image

I love that rap/dubstep sequence. They did great with that.
:"D The dance looks UBER cute too!

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 AM

LaClef-a-Verite:

I didn't like EXO's music much at first, but it has semi grown on me xD I like Mama more
than History. Groups like A-JAX and Dalmatian are ones that took a little bit to grow on me too.

They held one for Sherlock. A dance contest and a vocal contest. I'm not sure when the dates were,
but winners have already been announced. I was checking it all out on youtube. Some good entries.

I'm so pumped for "To the Beautiful You"!! Mainly because of Minho & I love the story. I always prefer
to watch dramas with subtitles. It also helps with learning the meaning to words, the subtitles help make
the connection. For me anyways xD I've never read the Hana Kimi manga, I just like the story line.

I personally think a lot of countries have the US beat on musical talent and originality. I think kpop is
amazing and impacts a lot of people from all over the world. I don't understand people who are like
"it's not in English, why do you listen to it?" (my older sister is like that). The connection is about more
than the lyrics. It's the music, the composition, the beat, the emotion in it, the groups, the members
you love, the pure talent, and the lyrics. Just because some translating has be done when your curious
as the literal meaning doesn't make it not worth the effort. I rarely look up the English translation to
songs, because I don't need them. You pick up on things from the song and the singers. I love kpop.

Ana_M: BAP FTW I love them boys. I'm still letting No Mercy grow on me. I like it and the chorus
gets stuck in my head. But I like Warrior the most I think, and Power second best. I really like Daehyun
and Himchan's parts in No Mercy. The guys are so talented and pure pleasure to listen to.

When I first heard CHI CHI, it was their song Don't Play Around. I didn't like the repetitiveness of it,
and the MV is kind of cheesy. But after a little while it seriously grew on me. I kind of love it now (> w<)
Only the Korean version though, I don't like the Japanese version that recently came out. I heard their latest
single Love Is Energy! It is definitely very different. Reminds me of....something a jpop female group
their age would come out with. I wanna say sort of Hinoi Team-ish or EARTH. It's very catchy & pretty, I think.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 AM

Aya: Hinoi Team! I friggin' loved them when I was a tween. xD "Ring of Fire babababa~"! Don't Play Around is very ehh to me. Definitely something one needs to grow into it seems. xD Very catchy~ I hope I hear more things I like by them.

Warrior is my favorite too.. XD BYG is my bias. (Durr) Zelo looks cute with his new hair color and stuff xD They are definitely the best of the new groups! Very talented, awesome, and just ah~. A fangirl's dream. xD

I prefer Kpop lives over US lives simply because of how engaging the performances are. They dance as they sing, which they don't lipsynch nearly as much as Gaga does when performing live. I can tell, I notice when the mic goes to the mouth and how the voice sometimes is hard to hear due to the far away-ness of the mouth. Other little things like that. US lives are boring, and I mean.. Yea I like the bands and stuff, but ehh. I like dancing and lots of that fun stuff. :3

Last edited by Ana_M; 07-22-2012 at 02:50 AM..

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-22-2012, 03:05 AM

ObviouslyAya: There's so much love for EXO on Tumblr and Youtube nowadays! :D I might check out their songs when I have time. I'm currently on summer vacation, but things have been so hectic lately that I feel like I'm still in school. :P But I will check them out, especially since Exotics post a lot of yummy yummy pics of them. Ahahaha... I'm such a dork.

It's funny, two years ago, I really wanted to learn Japanese because of all this awesome manga, anime, and music I've been listening to. Now, I want to learn Japanese and Korean! Korea is in my 'Places to go Before I die' list now because of their awesome music! *Sigh* There are so many things I really want to do in my life, like go to, at least, one SHINee Concert. Did you know they just had their concert yesterday? It was so emotional (even though I haven't seen any fancams yet, only translated Twitter posts :P) that I really, really wish that I could have been there cheering them on. This is exactly what fellow Shawols said at their concert,

"We are the one who should thank you!" "We love you! we love you! we love you!"

I'll admit, I got teary-eyed. And I'm not even there!

And your whole spiel about K-POP, man I couldn't have said it better myself! You go, girl! I do feel the exact same way because K-POP singers convey their feeling through their songs and I feel that I don't really have to look up the lyrics because listening with the heart is a thousand times better than listening with your ears. *sigh* I love kpop and I'm really happy that I stumbled upon it!

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 AM

Ana_M:

I think the blonde hair in Warrior is a little silly, I prefer them all with their individuality. The song is so fierce, the
beat is addicting and the dancing awesome! I like Zelo's style, he's so young but oh so talented. I listened to BYG's
solo MV (featuring someone from 2PM, I think). I love his gruff voice *swoons* After watching No Mercy, Himchan
has seriously caught my attention. So pretty, I love his eyes and you don't expect that low sexy voice from him

I know! I love how much Asian groups, idols, soloists (etc) interact with their fans! The concerts and lives are SO epic! And
so many artists take part in funny TV shows, little dance offs, etc. I love all the indie jpop groups that have such fun with their
music. Plus I like that when an artist decides to act in a play or drama, it's actually GOOD! I know a lot of people find movies with
Britteny Spears and other 'I'm a singer but I wanna have my own movie too' stars to be dumb, low budget, not worth watching.

I love all the quirky sides to Asian music too. Like jrock. I think young to middle aged guys wearing make up and Lolita WHILE
guitaring like a badass and singing insane vocals is hot and admirable. Plus I love how the countries interact with each other,
release songs in more than one language for their fans, tour different parts of Asia. I like the youth programs in Japan that
start kids off appreciating music young. Groups like Hello! Project, Stardust Promotion, etc. Some people argue that they're
'too young' and people that don't understand wotas think it's all about using girls as sexual icons. So not true *eyeroll* There
are so many female wotas that love, support and admire idols, groups in kpop & jpop as well as soloists from various countries.

LOL basically I love Asian entertainment & more

LaClef-a-Verite:

Is that what EXO fans call themselves? Exotics? If so, that is so cool!! xD I'm 22 and have been out of school for a few years, I
work full time as a manager in retail. But I manage to make time for my obsessions. I was the same way!! I was all about Jpop
and the idols and wanting to learn Japanese. Korean scared me (> w<) The romanization can be intimidating at first. But I think
the language is so beautiful. *googly eyes* All of Asia is on my 'to visit before I die' list. I'm hoping by the time I'm 25 I'll have
paid off my car & saved up some money to start planning trips overseas. I WILL go to a few concerts one way or another!!
Even if I go when I'm 80!

I am very emotionally attached as a fan. I think a lot of fans are. I sobbed like a baby when Takahashi Ai, and then Niigaki Risa
left Hello! Project. Sometimes when I'm listening to a slower song by a group or person I love, or one that I really connect with,
I get really moved and teary eyed. Them Korean boys, they make me laugh so hard I almost cry. They make me giddy and giggly
And songs that get me grooving or clapping, they put a huge smile on my face and I just wanna jam out. It's all good vibes!

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2012, 06:25 AM

ObviouslyAya: WHAT? 2PM?! Are you kidding me? That's B2ST's Yoseob! D: Yoseob babes! >.< D': Himchan did surprise me, too. I didn't expect him to really be that awesome. :3 I always overlooked him. >.> I actually found BYG (and B.A.P. as an aftermath when they got together and debuted) because of Yoseob. Haha. I sorta miss Bang's pink hair. Looked so good on him!

They do, and some underground bands in the US are starting to do more with their fans and stuff. (Ignoring Jesse McCartney sleeping with his "#1" fan...) BOTDF throws glitter and get their fans to throw stuff on stage, so that's funny. I love the shows, especially since Korea is starting to become more accepting of foreigners. (I mean, Simon and Martina made it on Star King to meet SHINee and F(X)!) I'm really happy that a lot of the bands I like are so active with their fans. ^_^

I adore Japanese music, haha. It got me into the oriental music! :"D Visual Kei, my favorite will ALWAYS be Boa from An Cafe. He will always and forever be my favorite. I like others too, but Boa was the first and will always be first in my heart. Definitely, the Japanese versions and some of the English versions are awesome. I hope that American artists will start doing that soon. Hello! Project :D I've heard about them.

I support a lot of the projects, and I hear all that stuff but what about the 5 year olds who get contracts and shit when they're 5? Dancing, singing, acting? That's usually in Mexico, but still! There's American kids, English kids and other nationalities that have these crazy young children that are brilliant at what they do and want to perform. It's amazing. So if they want to do it, shut the fuck up and let them. It's not your life, you don't gotta deal with that shit, etc. /endrant

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 PM

ObviouslyAya: At least, I think they call themselves Exotics. It does sound cool! :)

I remember wanting to legitimately sing one of U-KISS's songs with them in Korean, since my mom (who's kinda supportive about my 'obsessions', she calls it) likes to hear me sing it and stuff (I have a pretty good voice, not to brag or anything). When I looked up the romanization, I was pretty intimidated. All these double consonants and the 'g's and the 'eo's... I showed it to my mom and the look on her face was priceless! She says the romanization for Japanese is easier than Korean.

I used to sing Japanese songs, too. Pretty well, I might add. I got used to how they sing their songs and I've been exposed to it for the first six years of my life. I used to live in Japan until I was six years old! :D

I guess I do have an emotional attachment with everything I discover. My family is multi-lingual and, to be honest, whenever I watch Korean dramas (or basically any asian drama), I may have spouted some words in Japanese, Korean, Filipino, French, and English. :P I probably string them all together at one point. Especially in Playful Kiss when

SPOILERX

Seung Jo kisses Ha Ni for the first time, especially right after she says that she won't go after him anymore.
Or that time when

SPOILERX

Seung Jo and Ha Ni are home alone while the rest of the family are in the noodle shop. Kya! When he leaned in closer to her on the bed and his little brother was coming up the stairs!

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 AM

Ana_M:

LOL I only watched the video once, and I think someone misposted that it was a member of 2PM online, I could
have sworn I read it somewhere. I'm not very familiar with 2PM or B2ST. Their music hasn't quite captured my
attention yet. Himchan is awesome, he's definitely moved up in my affections. Really? I discovered BAP while
catching up on the latest kpop releases at the time. It was right after they had released POWER. I fell in love.

Oh I know who BOTDF is, I haven't heard mention of them in ages (o wo) How old is their lead singer, I feel like
it's been years. I'm horrible about keeping up with any American music (basically non-Asian music period, really)
I don't listen to the radio, so I never hear any of the new music unless someone I know brings it into conversation.

I adore An Cafe!! I don't know the members by name and I haven't looked deep enough into their discography to
say that I know their music well. But I love their style, how much fun they have on stage, & just as a group overall.
Hello! Project was my first taste of Asian music (aside from when I looked into jrock shortly prior, lol). It still has a
special place in my heart and always will. It's easy to become attached to the members of H!P from the various groups.
They don't have the most amazing music, but I like the idea of H!P. I'm obsessed with kpop these days (> w<)

LaClef-a-Verite:

The only Korean song that I know several lines of is Be My Baby by Wonder Girls. A ton of songs I know bits and pieces, or
pick up on things. But I love that song and seriously checked out the lyrics and started to teach myself the pronunciations. I think
one of the things that gets people about Asian languages is the amount of syllables they often have in sentences and when you
hear them spoken at a normal speed, it can sound really fast and complicated. But Japanese is very easy to break down, the
speaking of it anyways. Korean and Mandarin you have to figure out & understand the way to say things properly and not get
confused by the romanization, before it all starts clicking together. The Japanese alphabet is very easy to say, so it's less intimating.

*jealous* I've never been to any of Asia. I've grown up in the US, and have visited four countries in Europe. I'm a dork. I love
inserting random Asian words when talking to my co-workers or people I know. Chingu, tomodachi, oppa, kamsamnida, etc.

THANK YOU TWO FOR TALKING IN HERE WITH ME, IT'S ALWAYS A HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY