Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-18-2018, 11:57 PM

Dang. I know how to report about managers and even higher up to the system with Starbucks.

When will it be summer time?

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 PM

I live in the Northern hemisphere, so May-September. That however won't make a difference XP

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 AM

Normally it's already mostly over with winter here. Summer comes in....April. XD

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-20-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Just remember? Is it not winter wonderland for you right now?
No, it has been far from winter wonderland in Denver...
We are expecting some snow on Sunday, but on Monday the temperatures will be in the upper 40'sF, so the melting will happen pretty rapidly.
This has been one of the warmest and driest winters on the books for Denver.
I remember years that were snowy, icy and too frigid to go outside in the psst...
This is kinda scary, actually!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2018, 04:48 PM

Would you like to switch? It's scary for my city too because we've had possibly the first true winter storm ever. There have been two separate instances of snow and ice far beyond normal.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-20-2018, 05:06 PM

Personally, I don't mind not having snow...but come the middle of Summer and all the lawns are brown and we are rationing water and the forests are on fire, and I will really be wishing we had lots of snow this winter!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2018, 07:09 PM

Yep. I went to school in New Mexico and they are having the same problem. Most of their water comes from the yearly snowfall and they have not had any at all, even on the mountains. And yet here in the near tropics, we are having ice storms that no one knows how to deal with.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-20-2018, 07:11 PM

And yet there are those who feel climate change isn't real. When Harvey hit Houston somebody, I forget who, said it was more believable that it was because Houston elected a lesbian as mayor then climate change.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2018, 07:37 PM

Well, there will always be stupid people in denial.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-20-2018, 10:03 PM

Unfortunately, Kat's right. Lawmakers certainly don't help matters, either; it seems they're under the impression that the laws of nature change depending on what political party you are. It's stupid, as things like gravity and rain and lightning don't give a flying shit if you're a democrat, republican, independent, or other. If you jump off a 100-foot cliff, you're gonna go splat, end of story, quit bitching.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-21-2018, 01:41 AM

Climate change is real...
It has happened in the past...it will happen in the future.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-21-2018, 02:13 AM

I'm so sorry for disappearing guys, before I knew it I got sucked into the holiday rush at the store where I work, and then it morphed into people getting ready for storms and it just felt like there was never enough time to get onto Mene. >.<

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2018, 05:13 AM

The big question of 2018: When will the next ice age be??? Tomorrow on the 8 o'clock news (but not really because no one cares).

*flops on top of Papi and goes to sleep* This weather is reeeeaaal right? Way too real. Go away winter. Just go away.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-21-2018, 06:31 AM

Hey there, Papillon! Hope you're well!

Winter is turds.

Politicians are turd mountains.

That is all.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-21-2018, 01:05 PM

Kat- *covers with blanket* I know right? It's one thing after another, like all the snow melting away because of rain, and then a snow storm hitting and everything's white again. >.<

And things are going pretty well, though I'll be needing to look for work again,.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2018, 05:02 PM

Oh man. You can't get any job to stick huh? Even up there I guess winter is being a mess. We've gotten an actual ice storm and then snow that stayed on the ground all day at a separate occasion. Stuff like that has never happened before.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-21-2018, 10:20 PM

T.T Doesn't seem like it. Though this time I'm thinking of trying to make my own work, maybe as an English and French tutor, since I know both subjects very well and got good grades in both. Even went to university and took some courses too. And ten ... well I'm trying to think of something else to do at the same time as that. There is maybe something else, but I need to think about it a little more.

Around here its the snow disappearing and then it being like 16 degrees celsius that's weird.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2018, 10:36 PM

Yeah? That might be a good path. I don't know any people who are tutors or how well it works out in the long run, but at least it's something.
I'm thinking about leaving my job more and more these days, but I don't know if my other ideas would be worth it in the end especially if the pay isn't considerably better to make up for the health and other benefits that Starbucks gives me. And like, my stock options.

Sounds crazy. I would expect snow to kinda stick around there rather than coming and going.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-21-2018, 10:40 PM

Well I might be moving out again, so having something that isn't necessarily a permanent thing is probably the better option for me.
Maybe you should start looking for something else, while still working for where you are? That way you can see the other options out there, and workon your plans too! That way you have plenty of awesome options.

Yeah, the weather seems to be acting weird all over the place. >.<

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2018, 10:53 PM

Oh? You'll also be moving again? You've got so much going on. Sounds like tutoring might be the best option for sure though.
Yeah, that's basically the plan. I just haven't started looking yet. I would like to work at a cafe or speciality coffee shop instead of Starbucks.

Seems like it. I would just like weather to go back to normal.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-22-2018, 02:05 AM

Hopefully. One of my sisters is going to college, looking for a roomie, so she would actually like it if I moved with her. I don't mind it at all, especially since another of my sisters lives in the same city. Definitely wouldn't be all alone, like I was at the last place. That was a big part of what made it difficult the last time, I didn't really have anyone to hang out with there, and making friends has always been a little hard for me.

Same here!

Oh yeah, was my answer in the rp okay? I wasn't sure if you were still interested or not ...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2018, 03:31 AM

That makes sense. It's hard to live alone though internet friends can help fill in the gap some. The work friends I used to have left so mostly I just work and hang with wingsy. I want to play DnD again.

I'll always be interested! I love our rp~!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-22-2018, 03:38 AM

I've only ever played DnD once, but always wanted to try it again. >.< And yes, internet friends can help, but sadly there are some things internet friends aren't able to do ... T.T Like go to see music concerts and stuff which would be awesome to do together, but distance makes impossible.

Yay! I love our rp too, both of them actually ... I'm just a little stumped with Priscilla right now though ... >.<

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2018, 04:27 AM

We had a solid game going. Played with a group for about a year. We are going to get back together around spring break and finish the story but we kinda quit it when the DM moved away. He has however, come back unexpectedly.
boo face. I want to do cool stuff like that with my internet friends too. But I'm such a shut in anyway, so I end up never going out to watch movies.

We were about to go shopping in that one right?? Lol, been a while so I don't remember a lot of what was happening.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-22-2018, 11:48 AM

Ooh, that sounds really awesome! The story must be really interesting and intricate, after a year spent on it.

Well, maybe try doing some volunteering doing something you find interesting and worthwile? That's what I plan on doing. There's this volunteer group in this particular city that does stuff to do with bikes, which I find really cool, since I'd be able to learn more about bikes and help people at the same time. But yeah, going to the movies together would be awesome. ^^

Shopping and a makeover, then maybe a chase scene thrown in, when Priscilla gets tracked down for using her credit card.