Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2015, 02:07 AM

"Lemongrass seasoned chicken with a side of spinach. Maybe if you like it, next time I'll make dessert." As long as ingredients permitted. He didn't think he saw the makings of crepes in Arthur's kitchen. Francis couldn't help but smile though. Being in the kitchen really did wonders for his mood and he hoped to spend a lot more time there.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-11-2015, 02:11 AM

Arthur tasted the food in silence. ".. It's alright, I suppose.." he eventually told him. Truth was, it was delicious. But there was no way he was going to say it. He was wondering what part of the spell made Francis enjoy cooking. It wasn't something he was looking for in somebody, after all. His own food was just fine. If it was good enough for him, it should be good enough for the Frenchman. And the fact that he refused to let him cook was insulting. "You don't need to do that."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2015, 05:55 PM

"You won't get dessert from just an alright," Francis pressed, resisting the urge to smile. He knew exactly what Arthur meant, but he wanted to hear it no matter how cute Arthur's resistance was. Cutting up his chicken into neat little squares, he started to eat himself. Not bad at all. He hummed a little to show his appreciation. "I'm sure you must really love crepes too."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-11-2015, 06:05 PM

"I can make my own dessert, so that's fine." Arthur said, cutting off a piece of chicken and eating it. "I've never had a crepe before. Sounds French. So I probably won't like it." He wasn't sure what a crepe was, but he was already sure he would'n like it. It just didn't sound appealing to him. He liked good old-fashioned English food. Not French crap.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2015, 07:15 PM

"Actually the crepe is popular in a lot of different cultures, including French and Swedish, though they're made differently. And I know this for some reason. Why do I know random food facts?" Francis asked. He shook his head at Arthur. "Honestly, you must really love food for all of this to come out of your spell." He still didn't know how he felt about being a spell, but in a moment like this, he could be amused.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-11-2015, 07:24 PM

"I really don't care that much about food. I like simple things. And I thought we already decided that the spell hadn't worked the way I was expecting it to. So I can't really explain all your qualities that came from it." Arthur said, finishing his food and standing, taking his plate to the sink.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2015, 07:31 PM

"Ah yes...of course," Francis said with a sigh. Of course the spell didn't work. And even if it did, it more or less didn't work if Arthur didn't accept it. "Do you think I'd exist in the world somewhere else or fall in love with another person if you didn't cast the spell? Was I made from nothing or stolen from somewhere else? Does any of this matter?" It probably didn't matter that much to him, but he couldn't stop himself from asking either.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-13-2015, 07:35 PM

"I don't know.. Either of those things are possible, I suppose. Though if you were taken from somewhere else, then someone is probably looking for you." Arthur said, feeling bad about casting the spell now. If that really was true, then how could he keep Francis here with him. He probably had a life he enjoyed before being forcibly ripped from it with his mind wiped. If that is the way it happened, he'd have to reverse the spell. Regardless of what he wanted.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2015, 08:59 PM

"Looking for me?" The concept was interesting and honestly, Francis hadn't considered that until now. He loved Arthur, spell or not, but could someone else love him in another world or place? He had no memories of such a thing so he felt like it shouldn't matter to him, but he would feel bad if someone else was going through these feelings of unanswered love that he felt. Francis sighed and tried to return to his dinner. "I really wish I understood how this all worked better..."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-13-2015, 10:29 PM

"Can't help you with that. I don't really understand it myself, and I'm the one who cast the spell." Arthur said. He felt bad that he didn't have answers to these questions. But he hadn't really looked into the spell before using it. He just wanted something to end his loneliness. Francis being here fixed that. But it wouldn't be right to keep him away from someone else if the spell took him from somewhere.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-14-2015, 01:44 AM

Maybe if Francis felt more in the mood to joke, he would tease Arthur about that, but he didn't. He nibbled on a piece of spinach, feeling like it was entirely too green and bitter for the moment. "Is there anyone else who would know? I think...we at least need to know the truth," Francis said. The truth might hurt, but it hurt too just not knowing anything.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-14-2015, 04:51 AM

Arthur thought for a moment. The only person he could think of who would possibly know is Alistair. "My brother might know something. I've already asked him to look into the spell, after all. I'll ask when I speak to him tomorrow." he told him. He wasn't sure if he wanted to know the truth or not. But, he knew he had to know. Or it would leave him full of doubt. And that wasn't something he would be able to live with for long.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 PM

"That would be for the best," Francis said with a nod. He tried to offer a smile, but it came out a little too strained to be all true. After all, the talk with Arthur's brother could end badly for him. After he finished his food, he took his plate to the sink and left it there, not in the mood to wash it right now. "I'm feeling awful tired right now. I think I'll retire early after all. I'll see you tomorrow morning?"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-15-2015, 06:52 PM

Arthur nodded. "I'll be here." he said. He wasn't sure what he was going to do if this was true. Despite it being true, he found himself attached to the Frenchman. He didn't want to give him up. But, if it was the truth that he had taken him from somewhere, he'd have to. Despite whatever he may want. With a little sigh, he went over to the sink and started cleaning up, still thinking about this. It was still on is mind when he went to bed an hour later.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2015, 07:01 PM

Francis crawled into bed almost immediately and stared at the ceiling. As much as he had to think about, he didn't think about anything. For once, he just stared up with his mind blank. It really would be nice to sleep after all. He drifted off with that thought in mind and slept until late in the morning as if that might make the conversation with Arthur's brother come sooner or further away. He wasn't sure which he wanted.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Arthur awoke bright and early the next day. Way earlier than what he had wanted. But, habits like that are hard to break. With a sigh, he rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom; doing his business before going down to the kitchen. He wasn't to awfully hungry, so he just made some (slightly burned) toast and tea. He ate slowly, thinking about what would happen later when he spoke with Alistair.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 12:13 AM

Francis left his room at the smell of something burnt and wandered into the kitchen. He eyed Arthur's toast without saying anything about it. His mood hadn't really improved much due to the suspense. "Good morning..." With that said, he moved to the fridge to find something edible that he could eat and pulled out the eggs. "Did you sleep well?"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-16-2015, 04:35 AM

"Not really." Arthur responded honestly, suppressing a yawn. It had taken forever for him to fall asleep, thoughts about what was to come keeping him up. "And you?" he asked, looking Francis over. He had already decided he didn't want to give the Frenchman up, willing to give him a chance. But if what they thought was true, he would still have to send him away and he knew that would hurt. A part of him didn't even want to know. But, if they didn't find out, the doubt would always be there.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 05:04 AM

Francis sighed. "No, I suppose not." He cracked two eggs into a skillet and started scrambling them with a lackluster stare. Today would probably sign his fate, so what was the point in a big breakfast? The room fell silent for a minute before Arthur's phone rang.

Alistair had spent the entire last day looking through his magic books. He didn't think he'd get so into it, but once he started looking for an answer to his brother's problem, he couldn't help but keep looking until he found it. In the end, it left him not sleeping well and he had to get this off his chest as soon as possible. Much too early for it, he decided to call his brother. "Artie! I hope I didn't wake you.”

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-16-2015, 05:31 AM

Arthur jumped slightly when his phone went off, not expecting it. He pulled it out of his pocket and was surprised when he saw who was calling. He quickly answered it. "Alistair. No, you didn't wake me. I was already awake." he told him. "I wasn't expecting to talk to you so early in the morning."He had been planning to call his brother himself around noon, a more reasonable time to be sure the other was awake before trying to speak with him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 04:55 PM

Alistair smiled a bit at that. "Good. Sorry I couldn't wait, but you should probably come over here in a bit. I've got a few things to show you." His little brother just had to go and get himself in trouble with a spell. Alistair was good and found the way out, but it wouldn't be nearly as straightforward as he thought.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-16-2015, 06:39 PM

"Alright. I'll be there in..." Arthur trailed off, thinking. "Let's say, two hours then? If that's alright with you." His brother didn't live to awfully far from him after all and the traffic shouldn't be to bad. So that would give him plenty of time to get ready and go. Plus time to prepare himself mentally for this.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 PM

"Kay. I'll be waiting," Alistair said before he hung up. He had a few preparations to do himself.

Francis watched as Arthur finished his phone call, the eggs he made now sitting forgotten on a plate. He'd been listening the whole time and could figure out what would happen, but asked anyway. "Was that your brother? I suppose you're going to leave soon."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 06-16-2015, 08:05 PM

"It was, yes. You are welcome to come as well, seeing as this is about you." Arthur said. He put his dishes in the sink to be washed later and headed to the bathroom to take a shower before leaving. He was really nervous about what was to come. But he needed to know everything he could about the spell. Best to get it over with so this worry would leave him alone.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2015, 08:56 PM

"Are you sure that's alright?" Francis asked. He didn't know anything about magic and he wasn't sure how much say he had in everything despite it being about him. He sighed and borrowed a change of clothes from Arthur's room before he went about making himself look half-way presentable. He didn't think he was meant to be this pathetic of a person, but somehow it happened and he couldn't do a thing about it.