View Poll Results: which of the songs do you like better??
SNSD - The Boys 3 75.00%
KARA - STEP 1 25.00%
WONDER GIRLS - Be My Baby 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 AM

ObviouslyAya: Well, I don't really remember much about Japan other than watching anime (Detective Conan, although it was rather gorier back then, and Cardcaptor Sakura :D) and watching Sesame Street in English. I was pretty young. When I'm older and have enough money, I might go back there someday, and visit Korea and all the other places I want to go, too.

The only song I know most of the Korean to, or at least the right sound pronunciations, is Sherlock by SHINee. Not that I can sing it out there right now. I'm still muttering and babbling at the parts I don't know Either that or U-KISS' Bingeul Bingeul.

My dad still speaks Japanese so I guess I learned a bit from him, which makes it easier for me to speak it. That, and maybe countless anime episodes. Korean might be a tad bit harder for me, but I'll just practice until I'm good enough. Or, at least, enough to understand them on shows. That way, I wouldn't have to wait for subs!

Speaking of variety shows, what shows have you seen SHINee on? I've seen some, not much.

I'm living in the US right now, but I've been to only two countries in Asia. I have wanted to go to Europe! You're lucky. Which countries have you visited when you went to Europe?

Gosh, I feel like I could talk to you forever! :D

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 AM

LaClef-a-Verite:

One of my Uncles on my dad's side lives there. Him and his wife work for the US government, so them and their kids
have lived in different countries. They've been in Japan for several years now. I was THIS CLOSE to visiting them over
spring break time last year. My cousin and I were going to stay with them for about a week. We were a heartbeat away
from buying tickets when the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami struck. It was a horrible disaster, but I admire the way
Japan recovered from it, and the unity it sparked. Donation concerts and so many people joining together to help!

I've never had a lot of access to Asian entertainment, until I started utilizing my internet / computer xD I remember when
I lived with my parents and I discovered we got a Korean TV channel. I was SO excited. I watched part of 'Marry Me, Mary'
and a lot of cool reality shows and it kept me updated on music bank! Now I spend most of my time online obsessing, lol

I haven't put any work into learning Sherlock, though I'd like to. I know the Japanese version of Lucifer pretty well,
I love singing along with it!! I know it's ridiculous and makes me sound like silly fangirl, but I get like, speechless and
giddy around Asians. At my last job, I was helping a guest out, and she was this adorable girl (I say girl, but she was
my age) from China and couldn't speak much English. I wanted to be like 'Nǐ hǎo xiǎojiě! Xièxiè!' She was really nice :'3

I don't watch Korean shows enough to know them by name (^ w^') I usually find them online by looking for SHINee related
content, and then I watch what I find. I went to Europe on a class trip in 2007. We visited Germany, Austria, Italy and the
Czech Republic. It was the best time I've ever had. I would love to go overseas again!! I will one day *is determined*

I know *jumps up and down* It's so much fun!!

Do you have any fave kpop girl groups?

What's one of your favorite recent (non-SHINee) releases?

PS; OMG

Last edited by ObviouslyAya; 07-23-2012 at 04:02 AM..

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 AM

ObviouslyAya: Talk about a stroke of bad luck. But it was a good thing you weren't there when the earthquake hit. I did notice all these charity concerts when it happened. Look at how supportive everyone was!

Well, if they still live there, you could go visit them now. I'm pretty sure things have quieted down abit, I think.

I just had a sprinkling of Asian entertainment when I was living in Asia and I didn't really keep tabs on it like I am now. :) I didn't have good internet connection back then so all I did was play outside, watch movies, read, and study. The first time I was able to freely go anywhere on the Internet was when I was 11, when I moved to the US. Man, since then, I'm hooked. I was able to roleplay, listen to new music, 're-immerse' myself in anime and everything Japanese. Yep.

I'm still in school and we have Chinese exchange students here. A group of Chinese girls performed at our Talent show dancing to Girls Generation and the Wondergirls songs. I didn't know where the songs were from back then and I knew they weren't Japanese. I figured it was Chinese. But my younger sister (who was immersed in KPOP earlier than I am) knew who it was by. Bah, I thought it was one of phases.

Well, I'm caught up in it. And its not going to be a phase for me. :)

Knowing what the exchange students listen to, I hope I will be able to talk to them or something. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't have an exchange student friend. And I'm an Asian myself.!

You went to Europe for a class trip? Uwa... I wish I have the money to get there and back. Austria must have been beautiful.

To be honest, I don't really listeb to Girl groups that much. I have enough guy groups to oogle at lol. I do listen to Girls Generation and f(x) ever since Electric Shock, which is recent. So yeah. I have a variety. I listen to their popular songs like Brown Eyed Girls "Abracadabra" and KARA's "Mister".

Oh, and for recent releases? Basically what SM puts out in their YouTube channel. It's Sexy, Free, and Single by SJ for me right now. And maybe U-KISS Japanese album, Forbidden Love. I really want ti get my hands on that. What about you?

EDIT :: Yep. That pic hit tumblr the moment fans could take a pic. To be honest, I wasn't that shocked. I mean, he's 19 this year, right? But it's funny to see how other people take it. Can you even believe some people stopped becoming shawols because of this? For shame... :( But other than that, I'm pretty much okay with it. :) What's your take on it?

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 07-24-2012 at 01:45 AM..

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 PM

ObviouslyAya: PFFT. THANKING US? THAT'S MUCH TOO MUCH! :'D BUT, I LOVE YOU TOO. IT'S AMAZING. THE LOVES WE SHARE AND DON'T.

I'm semi-familiar with 2PM, but B2ST is my bias group. xD So I know like... everything. I'm so obsessive. ;u; Wow, you came in... late compared to me. I feel all cool and original and shit. Jkjk, well sorta... I still feel pretty original. o3o

LOL. You do? That's hilariously cool, d'ya like 'em? My besty says that Dahvie is 27 years old. I listen to the radio often because I can never find the music I want to put on my phone or something I like... totally use for music. ;.; FFF. It's annoying. So yea, car rides are spent listening to the radio and just talking and junk.

Ahh, you're like ... so not obsessive unlike me! :"D I just get so obsessive easily and go "RAWR. MUST KNOW EVERYTHING." Bou is the old guitarist, the blonde. <3

Who exactly has the best music? I mean, it's never going to be the best so just love them forever and always and hope they improve sometimes. :"D I saw an old vid of G.D. and T.O.P. rapping to We Belong Together... As babies. Babies. I mean T.O.P.'s voice is a bit high in this video. I was all, "whut".

Here's the babyness:

ObviouslyAya
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-28-2012, 06:32 AM

Sorry I haven't been in y'all. Work's been crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaClef-a-Verite View Post
To be honest, I don't really listeb to Girl groups that much. I have enough guy groups to oogle at lol. I do listen to Girls Generation and f(x) ever since Electric Shock, which is recent. So yeah. I have a variety. I listen to their popular songs like Brown Eyed Girls "Abracadabra" and KARA's "Mister".

Oh, and for recent releases? Basically what SM puts out in their YouTube channel. It's Sexy, Free, and Single by SJ for me right now. And maybe U-KISS Japanese album, Forbidden Love. I really want ti get my hands on that. What about you?

EDIT :: Yep. That pic hit tumblr the moment fans could take a pic. To be honest, I wasn't that shocked. I mean, he's 19 this year, right? But it's funny to see how other people take it. Can you even believe some people stopped becoming shawols because of this? For shame... :( But other than that, I'm pretty much okay with it. :) What's your take on it?
LaClef-a-Verite:

I used to listen to more girl groups than guy groups when it came to kpop, now I'm the total opposite xD
There are a lot of girl groups I like (Wonder Girls, 2NE1, T-ara, f(x), Miss A, Dalshabet, Girl's Day, A Pink, etc)
But guy groups are now mainly why I follow kpop. Though kpop is addicting as a whole. It's so fun (^ O^)

Sexy Free and Single has super grown on me, dang those Super Junior boys lol. It's quite catchy, and I actually
like the dancing / music video for it *totally downloaded it* There isn't anything recent recent that I'm in love
with. Just some semi-recent stuff by BAP, Infinite, NU'EST and so on. I checked charts & updates today too~

I'm a huge sucker for fanservice *swoons* I don't care about squeamish fans. I think male x male is extra hot and
if my kpop guys wanna give me some fanservice, I won't say no! And seriously, even if it doesn't float your boat,
you shouldn't let it effect who you are a fan of and / or listen to *eyeroll* SHINee is amazing with & without fanservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana_M View Post
ObviouslyAya: PFFT. THANKING US? THAT'S MUCH TOO MUCH! :'D BUT, I LOVE YOU TOO. IT'S AMAZING. THE LOVES WE SHARE AND DON'T.

I'm semi-familiar with 2PM, but B2ST is my bias group. xD So I know like... everything. I'm so obsessive. ;u; Wow, you came in... late compared to me. I feel all cool and original and shit. Jkjk, well sorta... I still feel pretty original. o3o

Ahh, you're like ... so not obsessive unlike me! :"D I just get so obsessive easily and go "RAWR. MUST KNOW EVERYTHING." Bou is the old guitarist, the blonde. <3
Ana_M:

I LOVE TALKING TO OTHER KPOP FANS, IT'S NICE TO HAVE CHINGUS HERE ON MENE

I have to say, I have taken a strong liking to B2ST's latest release, Beautiful Night. I love the beat, it's so smooth
and makes me wanna jam. The guys sound awesome! The chorus is so freakin' catchy. It's probably one of the songs
by B2ST I can say that I truly like *downloaded it* So I've got my ears out for more new stuff by them~

I am obsessive *foams at mouth* It just depends on how much I like the group (like Wonder Girls & SHINee). If I like
them enough to take the time to obsess, then I find out everything I can about them, and happily fangirl about xD
Otherwise, I might know who they are and some of their songs, but haven't quite looked into them yet or whatev.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-28-2012, 03:04 PM

ObviouslyAya: Oh, it's alright. I admit, I was kinda wondering where you went. :) But, you're alright! So, it's fine! I feel as if this is getting awkward... :P

Anyway, I keep up with girl groups whenever I listen to one of their songs in a korean show or anywhere else. But, the first Korean group I listened to was SHINee, so I guess I am a tad biased. :) But yeah, SM and other companies have great girl groups and I respect them just as much as I respect boy groups.

Sexy Free and Single is so catchy! Now that I'm listening to it almost non-stop (almost), I want to learn everything about them. I'm usually like this. Whenever I hear or see something interesting, I usually research about them, fangirl about them, and then feel satisfied. Ahaha... Now that I typed all that down, I'm kinda laughing at myself. :)

What other songs have SM recently uploaded?

Oh, and fanservice. To be honest, this is the first time I've seen that kind of fanservice from SHINee. I've only become a shawol for more than a month now. (Gosh, has it only been a month? It felt like years!) And I have two of their albums and one of U-KISS's. Currently saving up for another one, and placing my chances on giveaways. SHINee actually saved my butt when I took my finals. :D

Once I listened to them from a friend of mine, I couldn't stop listening to them and kept watching their dance moves. It was close to finals then and I was stressing out because there was a huge load of things I needed to do. I didn't get enough sleep and I felt like crap. Didn't talk a lot to my friends and acted like I didn't care about the world. It was bad.

Finals came and as I sat there, I thought about how I was feeling the past few days and thought that passing these finals would help me get out of this rut. Now, I didn't want to sound all cheesy and stuff but SHINee was there.

Well, specifically, SHINee was there in my head, singing their songs and doing those dance moves (I was watching their videos a LOT), while I took the finals. It was a breeze! I guess, I'm thankful to them for helping me out of that rut. :)

How did you discover SHINee?

Omnomnomnom
wow it's been a long time

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM

Anyone been following the T-ara issue? T___T
I feel like too many people are bashing on them even though pretty much nothing has been confirmed true :s

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM

Omnomnomnom: I've been following it ever since it erupted. Sheesh. I'm not the type of person who follows this kind of news, but ever since I've been listening to K-POP, I feel the urge to know what's going on. I wasn't like this for any other artists.

Anyway, concerning the issue, I think that, while I'm not taking any sides, it would be much better if they came out with the truth. I know this makes me sound like I'm on Hwayoung's side, but even she said to 'stop it'. K-netizens are very, very aggressive and are more like prime detectives when their heart is in it. Have you seen all the 'proof'? Also those concerning Jiyeon and Kim Kwang Soo?

Evidently, there has to be something said or this storm will continue to thunder.

I'm getting mixed feelings about this in this long post. Sorry about that.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 AM

T-ara... They are supposed to come to my country for a concert in October and I already got y tickets. I hope that the issue is resolved or it might affect everything. I think the matter just exploded out of proportion. I hate that the existing members are being treated this way. I don't think it was their issue/. I resally like Eunjung. Sighs.

On a side note, Psy's Gangnam Style is epic awesomeness is it not? XD Its just so catchy and the video clip is gaining popularity like mad. So unexpected. I honestly have not heard of any other Psy song but if his songs are anything like Gangnam style, I'm probably going to look him up. Also, Yoo Jae Suk's cameo in it is adorable!

I'm pretty much a 2pm fangirl. I adore wooyoung in every way. I think his solo album was okay but he probably could have pulled off a better song than sexy lady. Not that its not a good song but it ddn't challenge his dance skills enough. The whole album is love though <3 His voice is amazing. He's got this nice mellow, sweet tone that I think if any girl listens to it, she would probably swoon.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 AM

Oh is he from 2pm? Haha, I have him as my desktop on my laptop because there's a really nice shot in Sexy Lady rgar nade ab awesome background.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 PM

Yes, he's my bias and of I had to name my favourite guy in K-Pop ever, it would be him. He's adorable and funny to watch in all those variety shows <3

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM

Haha, that's always a good recommnedation.

Omnomnomnom

Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Omnomnomnom: I've been following it ever since it erupted. Sheesh. I'm not the type of person who follows this kind of news, but ever since I've been listening to K-POP, I feel the urge to know what's going on. I wasn't like this for any other artists.

Anyway, concerning the issue, I think that, while I'm not taking any sides, it would be much better if they came out with the truth. I know this makes me sound like I'm on Hwayoung's side, but even she said to 'stop it'. K-netizens are very, very aggressive and are more like prime detectives when their heart is in it. Have you seen all the 'proof'? Also those concerning Jiyeon and Kim Kwang Soo?

Evidently, there has to be something said or this storm will continue to thunder.

I'm getting mixed feelings about this in this long post. Sorry about that.
Haha, same here :p Although I'm into gossip, because nothing interesting ever happens in my life T___T LOL
I've been literally checking Allkpop everyday In case a new T-ara article pops up (or when 2ne1 decide to give us more detail about their Eng album..) because of all the hype

As for taking sides, I think I'm stuck somewhere in the middle :o I don't think T-ara should be receiving all the blame that they are getting, however Hwa shouldn't have been kicked out because of attitude problems (according to KKS, because we all know how RELIABLE he is)
And as for the truth, I don't think we'll ever really know what happened, because even if the T-ara girls said anything, it probably would've been scripted by KKS and netizens won't believe it unless it's what they want to hear
CCM could've handled this better IMO - actually talk to them, instead of overworking them..
And I agree, a lot of K-netizens are scary :s
I've seen proof, but some of it seems to be fabricated to make T-ara look bad
However the one where Jiyeon skipped Hwa with the 'high tens' annoyed me..
Boram 'breaking the umbrella' was proven false on an AKP article somewhere
And I saw one whEre they ditched Hwa and left her by herself so she went to talk to INFINITE and Sistar in the idol olympics or something, but apparently it as because the others were competing x___o? I don't know, I read this stuff on hyotheleader.tumblr.com where they try to explAin it, however one could questio its legitimacy (search hyotheleader on Google if you're interested and click on the ine that says evidence along with it, it'll save you the trouble of having to dig for it because on the first few pages there are just pictures of Hyomin)
I don't think I've heard of the Jiyeon and KKS one though

Since you last posted this (apologies for the late reply >.<) it has kind of cooled down, but they next T-ara article might spark something, who knows?
They were the one of the most popular groups, now downgraded to one of the most hated..

Anyways sorry for the massive text and any sleeping/grammar errors (I'm writing his on my iPhone in th dark at 11:41) :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake View Post
T-ara... They are supposed to come to my country for a concert in October and I already got y tickets. I hope that the issue is resolved or it might affect everything. I think the matter just exploded out of proportion. I hate that the existing members are being treated this way. I don't think it was their issue/. I resally like Eunjung. Sighs.

On a side note, Psy's Gangnam Style is epic awesomeness is it not? XD Its just so catchy and the video clip is gaining popularity like mad. So unexpected. I honestly have not heard of any other Psy song but if his songs are anything like Gangnam style, I'm probably going to look him up. Also, Yoo Jae Suk's cameo in it is adorable!

I'm pretty much a 2pm fangirl. I adore wooyoung in every way. I think his solo album was okay but he probably could have pulled off a better song than sexy lady. Not that its not a good song but it ddn't challenge his dance skills enough. The whole album is love though <3 His voice is amazing. He's got this nice mellow, sweet tone that I think if any girl listens to it, she would probably swoon.
Yeah, hope it gets resolved soon, since they had to cancel their (no longer) upcoming concert D:

Btw, since you mentioned Psy and Wooyoung in the same post, I just thought I might add this: (In the most non-creepy way possible)
"AYYYYYYYYYYY, SEXEH LADEH!" xD

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, hope it gets resolved soon, since they had to cancel their (no longer) upcoming concert D:

Btw, since you mentioned Psy and Wooyoung in the same post, I just thought I might add this: (In the most non-creepy way possible)
"AYYYYYYYYYYY, SEXEH LADEH!" xD
SUPER LIKE your last phrase!

I can't believe it took me awhile to link Psy and wooyoung! Shoot... what sort of wooyoung fangirl am I? :(

Totally not creepy... but pure epic win! I feel like they'd make an awesome stage appearance with something like that!

Gah! I hope the October show still goes on. I really don't care too much for Hwayong... I like Eunjung so I want her around :(

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 08-16-2012, 01:45 AM

Omnomnomnom: Oh, it's alright! :) School is starting early for little old me so I have a bit of time to check over roleplays and stuff. And I'm a patient person, so... yeah.

All that bit of awkwardness aside, I totally agree with you on the T-ara conflict. The latest news I got about them on my K-POP news app (love it sooo much. Although it would be nice if they could translate Korean twitter feeds and stuff... :( Can't read Korean for the life of me!) was KKS spending his birthday with the company's newest group, Gang Kiz.

Now, people are implying that he had spent time with them instead of T-ara because of the scandals and and conflicts. In my opinion, I think that he just wanted to get away from all the stress and get to know his newest group better, but that's just me. Then again, he does need to explain everything and anything the K-netizens need to know. For all I know, it has simmered down a little bit. And I'll check out hyotheleader. :)

All that conflict aside, who is the first K-POP group you have ever laid your eyes on? Mine is SHINee. :)

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 AM

Firs K-pop group would probably have to be TVXQ or Super Junior but I'm thinking TVXQ because I remembered watching them on some funny TV shows like Love Letter and X-Man?

I wish I could find places to watch those 2 TV series again! Those were funny and even though I didn't know much about K-Pop back then I could somehow relate to the humour. Haha!

My first K-pop hubby (LOL! Its as if I own them or something) would either be Kim Ki Bum or Max Changmin. Ki Bum would win over the 2 though because he was just so darn adorable back in the day. He can't sing for peanuts but whatever. He had like 12 other people in the group to sing for him. Sadly, we don't see him in Super Junior anymore :( He doesn't play active roles in the TV series because he's much more serious but when he's funny, its just an additional treat <3

Suju is now alright... Spy hasn't really caught on to me. I love Mr. Simple still in comparison to their other songs this year. And since Ki Bum is no longer there. My Suju hubby would either be Donghae or Siwon. Kya!

Omnomnomnom

Old 08-22-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
SUPER LIKE your last phrase!

I can't believe it took me awhile to link Psy and wooyoung! Shoot... what sort of wooyoung fangirl am I? :(

Totally not creepy... but pure epic win! I feel like they'd make an awesome stage appearance with something like that!

Gah! I hope the October show still goes on. I really don't care too much for Hwayong... I like Eunjung so I want her around :(
Wooyoung and PSY doing the horsey dance xD
The move he does after the horsey part though: HOW DOES HE DO IT!? Y'know the one where he puts his hands on his hips and sways his feet side to side? It's crazy because it looks like neither of his feet are ever touching the ground

(side question & video: can all of the 2pm members speak fluent English? Because I've heard Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Taecyeon speak it well)

Wooyoung and Yonghwa, LOL

"Is it my turn old lady?"

And Eunjung just left Five Fingers, the drama she was going to star in D:
I was going to watch it, too, because I love the T-ara MVs and their acting

Quote:
Omnomnomnom: Oh, it's alright! :) School is starting early for little old me so I have a bit of time to check over roleplays and stuff. And I'm a patient person, so... yeah.

All that bit of awkwardness aside, I totally agree with you on the T-ara conflict. The latest news I got about them on my K-POP news app (love it sooo much. Although it would be nice if they could translate Korean twitter feeds and stuff... :( Can't read Korean for the life of me!) was KKS spending his birthday with the company's newest group, Gang Kiz.

Now, people are implying that he had spent time with them instead of T-ara because of the scandals and and conflicts. In my opinion, I think that he just wanted to get away from all the stress and get to know his newest group better, but that's just me. Then again, he does need to explain everything and anything the K-netizens need to know. For all I know, it has simmered down a little bit. And I'll check out hyotheleader. :)

All that conflict aside, who is the first K-POP group you have ever laid your eyes on? Mine is SHINee. :)
You're not old if you're still in school/college!
I'm still in school, secretly wishing I was a K-Pop star (who doesn't?) LOL

What app is it? Is it an iPhone one? :o I might get it lol, sounds convenient
Don't worry about not being able to read Hangul, I tried to learn it and I only got up to 'ga' (which is the first one I learnt xD)
KKS spending time with Gang Kiz; yeah, I agree with you
Plus a lot of T-ara would be busy with schedules and dramas, while spending it with DaVichi could be a little awkward and lonely (I'm so loneleh loneleh loneleh) xD

Regarding the netizens commenting on the T-ara scandal, they're getting scarier than K-netizens: some are saying for T-ara to disband, or even certain members to kill themselves :s

And the first group was a few years ago: 2ne1 and Lollipop. My friend showed me them, but I didn't pay much attention to it
Then it was a remix of IU's Good Day (which I posted on here a while back) And I liked that,
And then SNSD's Genie, which was when I started to really follow K-Pop
Fourth I'm pretty sure was Big Bang's Love song, I think

Quote:
Suju is now alright... Spy hasn't really caught on to me. I love Mr. Simple still in comparison to their other songs this year.
I'm starting to like SuJu better (didn't pay much attention to them at first)
I really like SFS and Spy, but they're not doing too well on the charts
2ne1's I love you was also really good too, though

--
And since I've listed so many random songs, have you guys listened to Beast's Beautiful Night? One of my new favourites :p
However, it's also not doing too well on the charts - Girl groups are currently dominating (with exception to PSY, of course ;D )

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-22-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnomnom View Post
Wooyoung and PSY doing the horsey dance xD
The move he does after the horsey part though: HOW DOES HE DO IT!? Y'know the one where he puts his hands on his hips and sways his feet side to side? It's crazy because it looks like neither of his feet are ever touching the ground

(side question & video: can all of the 2pm members speak fluent English? Because I've heard Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Taecyeon speak it well)
Oooh! My friends are actually able to do that move! I can;t do it at all but when my friends do it, its a hoot! I so want to learn it. I have a feeling the dance will come in handy for laughie moments...

Oh and yeah, they all speak okay English. Taec and Khun are fluent since they were like overseas for awhile. Junsu spent time in Singapore so he has some foreign accent going on. The rest just probably learn from the guys in the house. Woo-baby has an awesome fake accent!

Is it my turn already? <3 those lines make me swoon!!! Yonghwa is love too. His version brings hahas!

Quote:
And Eunjung just left Five Fingers, the drama she was going to star in D:
I was going to watch it, too, because I love the T-ara MVs and their acting
I know... T-ara MVs are the best with the cool storylines and all and Eunjung is a brilliant actress. Though I only know that through her reputation and from Dream High. The scandal is killing T-ara :(

Quote:
I'm starting to like SuJu better (didn't pay much attention to them at first)
I really like SFS and Spy, but they're not doing too well on the charts
2ne1's I love you was also really good too, though
Well, the members fluctuate too much. I really miss Heechul I think he was amazing in the group and they are going to take another hit when LeeTeuk enlists in the military. Those guys are the heart and soul of Suju and they have no one to replace these guys. SFS is catchy... Spy still hasn;t caught on to me just yet...

Quote:
And since I've listed so many random songs, have you guys listened to Beast's Beautiful Night? One of my new favourites :p
However, it's also not doing too well on the charts - Girl groups are currently dominating (with exception to PSY, of course ;D )
Beast... Not a group I really like. I only like one song which is... Beautiful XD It sounds like a good old school pop song. And well, Troublemaker is awesome and I know its not really under Beast but it has one member...

I don't even know what girl groups are dominating the charts right now? What's new in K-pop honestly?

All I know is GANGNAM STYLE!

Viki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 AM

Wow! That first post is so.... Large! What is KPOP if you don't mind my ignorance? :D

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-25-2012, 03:35 AM

Viki, first of all... Wow! What a creepy looking avatar! O.O Pure epic win!

And secondly, K-pop is actually Korean Pop. Basically like bubblegum pop Korean style :)

Nuclear
Shinigami

Old 08-26-2012, 08:43 AM

I quite like 2NE1. It's great for when I'm hyper.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 08-26-2012, 05:46 PM

2ne1 has the weirdest hairstyles sometimes but the hairstyles always seem to suit them really well. And the outfits are always so fashion forward!

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM

Omnomnomnom: I guess I think of myself as that old. But then I see those in middle school and elementary school and I think, "Man... that was a long time ago." Although it has only been two years since I left middle school. Sophmore year... go go go! xD

I have mixed feelings about being a K-POP star though. While I want to be one, there's the thing about being away from home for so long, the image (as you have seen with T-ara), and other stuff. It's nice to have hordes of fans come after you, I must admit, and I will definitely work hard to be on the top, but there's all this pressure. You know what I mean? I'm not bashing the K-POP stars, but they're pretty dedicated to pick such a job. This is one reason why I love them so much. :)

The app I use is from the Android store, but I'm pretty sure they have it on iTunes. It's called KPOP Stars by CJ E&M. It's basically news from Mnet and I mark some specific K-POP stars just so I could follow on what's going on. Regarding the Korean tweets, sometimes I wish I could read them and stuff so that I could laugh and get it or something. The hardships of being an international fan...

Things have simmered down about T-ara.

I love SNSD. And 2NE1. And Big Bang. I don't listen to them so much but I recognize them and their songs. :D

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM

If you want to learn hangul, I suggest watching the series by Sweet and Tasty, on youtube. It's how I learned. My vocab isn't great, but it gets better all the time once you've got the knowledge of the writing.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 AM

Oh my goodness, you know you have just about had it with Gangnam style when you visit Seoul! XD

Its insane there. You cannot go a day without listening to the song at least 10 times unless you lock yourself in a cellar somewhere. Even then, I think you may hear it through the walls of every neighbourhood it is being played in.

I like the song really. And despite me not wanting to hear it so often, I still sing it aloud when I hear it. Its cool to watch the locals actually break into the dance randomly when they are walking on the street as if they are dancing in their own living room. Haha!