R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-16-2023, 06:49 PM

Love those moments!!! They bring such joy!!
Much better than figuring something out right away and the characters taking the whole book to notice the super obvious

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 09:04 PM

HAHA RIGHT? I feel that a lot with the murder mystery books, like dude you should have seen enough murder mystery shows to know not to walk into that room at night alone *shakes head at stupid made up characters*

R u b y

Old 01-17-2023, 01:05 AM

I read a book once (and I loved it but this was driving me insane xD) where this guy was helping this girl on the run and they were in a property on the king’s land (like a hunting lodge) and she was like how are we here? And he told her he was like the hunter or something but it was so obviously the prince with all the hints they were dropping and I’m like GIRL HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THIS. Then near the end she figured out he was the prince and was all surprise pikachu

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-17-2023, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post

Ohhh those are good books!! I just finished the prequel before Christmas and it was not good. So I recommend only reading the original 3 books when you do LOL!
Oh! Good to know, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 01:19 AM

@ Ruby - LOL that sounds like every Hallmark Christmas prince movie. I laugh every time at how dumb the write the characters. But I watch them every year. I’m ridiculous

@ Cora - I was so sad that I didn’t enjoy it. The story itself wasn’t horrible, but they spent chapter after chapter describing every single feeling and scene. It was a really long book with a very short story that could have easily been told in a quarter of the books length! Frustrating lol

R u b y

Old 01-17-2023, 03:14 AM

Lol seriously tho! That’s why I saw it coming! and the fact he literally looked just like the prince but okay

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 03:38 AM

LOL sometimes when it comes to predictable I guess I do expect and want it. Otherwise I wouldn’t watch those new movies every winter knowing there is nothing new about them

R u b y

Old 01-17-2023, 05:46 AM

Some of them are really good even tho its the same plot line as every other movie lol and some of them are so so bad

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 12:27 PM

You’re not wrong. I find it has a lot to do with the acting. If the acting is too bad then I’m out lol

I loved a Christmas Prince, but I thought the sequels were a bit much lol. Princess Switch (I think that’s what it’s called) was cute too, but again the sequels are a bit much haha.

Best recent Christmas movie though is Noelle. Soooooooo well done. Nothing will beat all the classics though!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-17-2023, 12:49 PM

But lets be real, Halmark Christmas movies are supposed to be terrible. Its part of the.....charm? We still watch them like crazy every year.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 05:05 PM

You're not at all wrong LOL

R u b y

Old 01-17-2023, 07:28 PM

I agree! I love a classic cliche hallmark/christmas movie. I just watched the lindsay lohan one and I cringed the whole time. I love her but omg it was so so bad

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-17-2023, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Princess Switch (I think that’s what it’s called) was cute too, but again the sequels are a bit much haha.
part of me loves that movie because it's the cheesiest goddamn thing i've ever seen in my life, and the whole time it just looks like Vanessa Hudgens playing dressup, it does not parse for me that they're supposed to be two (four?) different people and the fact that the princess immediately is found out by the little girl and she's just like "welp, oh well, i give up" meanwhile the baker is stuck literally trying to rule a country and marry someone else's fiancée?? i'm... the temptation to watch the sequels is so strong, but i think i might short-circuit.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
I agree! I love a classic cliche hallmark/christmas movie. I just watched the lindsay lohan one and I cringed the whole time. I love her but omg it was so so bad
OH MY GOSH I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE! I wanted to watch it this holiday and completely forgot! I had to add that to my must watch LOL She doesn't even look like herself anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
part of me loves that movie because it's the cheesiest goddamn thing i've ever seen in my life, and the whole time it just looks like Vanessa Hudgens playing dressup, it does not parse for me that they're supposed to be two (four?) different people and the fact that the princess immediately is found out by the little girl and she's just like "welp, oh well, i give up" meanwhile the baker is stuck literally trying to rule a country and marry someone else's fiancée?? i'm... the temptation to watch the sequels is so strong, but i think i might short-circuit.
LOL This 100% I laugh every time I think of this. It's SO true! And yet, my niece and I watch it every single year! LOL She loves all the sequels though, she's 10 and insane

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-17-2023, 08:47 PM

it's a perfect series for a 10 year old, i don't blame her it's really a cute movie, especially if you just focus on the cinematography and the score and the costumes. some good movies just really suffer from bad writing. :') and bad british accents ahaha

R u b y

Old 01-17-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
OH MY GOSH I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE! I wanted to watch it this holiday and completely forgot! I had to add that to my must watch LOL She doesn't even look like herself anymore!

LOL This 100% I laugh every time I think of this. It's SO true! And yet, my niece and I watch it every single year! LOL She loves all the sequels though, she's 10 and insane
Seriously tho! I’m happy she’s back but oof. She can’t act very well anymore lol or it was the bad script
The love interest had no appeal either. And he was like flip flopping between being decent and then flying off the handle for no reason. Like bruh just TALK
Idk it just wasn’t good. The bad script really disrupted the movie. There’s bloopers at the end and those are 1000 times better than the movie lol so I think it was legit just bad writing.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 08:58 PM

Ha, that's fair! I did enjoy it. And I like Vanessa Hudgens, so I can't complain! Other good but cheesy Christmas Movies: Love Hard, Single All the Way, Operation Christmas Drop, Holidate, Christmas Chronicles and A Christmas Prince LOL

---------- Post added 01-17-2023 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Seriously tho! I’m happy she’s back but oof. She can’t act very well anymore lol or it was the bad script
The love interest had no appeal either. And he was like flip flopping between being decent and then flying off the handle for no reason. Like bruh just TALK
Idk it just wasn’t good. The bad script really disrupted the movie. There’s bloopers at the end and those are 1000 times better than the movie lol so I think it was legit just bad writing.
LOL Probably a bit of both. I love her movies from before her stint with drugs, alcohol and botox. LOL

I'm going to have to watch it this weekend and report back LOL This sounds like the perfect bad movie.

R u b y

Old 01-17-2023, 11:00 PM

I watch a lot of "bad acting" movies (I like to watch small budget horror because sometimes they're so bad they're good or they're actually surprising. Like this one i watched had a scene at a party and 2 characters went outside to talk while some inside were talking and the shot of the indoor conversation (keep in mind these convos were happening simultaneously) the window was daylight outside. The outside scene however, was night time )
But this was seriously making me cringe so bad and I wanted to stop watching it but I was watching it with my mom so I couldn't just shut it off

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-17-2023, 11:15 PM

that's amazing there are continuity errors and then there are continuity crimes against humanity

i love low-budget horror too, but it's hard for me to finish one. but it's a lot of fun for like 30 minutes! my favorite was called Pop Punk Zombies on the Trashy Horror Movies app, and it was about a pop punk band that, you guessed it, was made up of zombies raised from the dead! that was it, that's the whole plot. they get up onstage and perform and everything, with music from a real underground band the whole movie really just felt like a vehicle for whoever wrote the music, but i was into it. also i went and read reviews about it, and the main character was played by someone's middle school science teacher which sounds about right

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-18-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:

I don't think I knew she made one, now I want to look it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
it's a perfect series for a 10 year old, i don't blame her it's really a cute movie, especially if you just focus on the cinematography and the score and the costumes. some good movies just really suffer from bad writing. :') and bad british accents ahaha
Bad Brittish Accents are a staple

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-18-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I watch a lot of "bad acting" movies (I like to watch small budget horror because sometimes they're so bad they're good or they're actually surprising. Like this one i watched had a scene at a party and 2 characters went outside to talk while some inside were talking and the shot of the indoor conversation (keep in mind these convos were happening simultaneously) the window was daylight outside. The outside scene however, was night time )
But this was seriously making me cringe so bad and I wanted to stop watching it but I was watching it with my mom so I couldn't just shut it off
LOL There is a movie, I can't remember the name but it's like that. Where you can see the projector square of the moon in the sky, when the creepy head from the downstairs pokes through, you can tell it's a prop on a stick, they have in the shed like the outline of where the chainsaw should be so you know it's missing. I can't remember what it's called but that type of horror makes me chuckle LOL

My husband used to have "Bad Movie Nights" with his friends, where they'd pick a terrible movie and sit around watching it laughing. I watched some bunny one with them once, where there was like a mining town I think and radioactive bunnies or something haha I can't remember, it was terrible!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-18-2023, 10:07 PM

Quote:
LOL There is a movie, I can't remember the name but it's like that. Where you can see the projector square of the moon in the sky, when the creepy head from the downstairs pokes through, you can tell it's a prop on a stick, they have in the shed like the outline of where the chainsaw should be so you know it's missing. I can't remember what it's called but that type of horror makes me chuckle LOL

My husband used to have "Bad Movie Nights" with his friends, where they'd pick a terrible movie and sit around watching it laughing. I watched some bunny one with them once, where there was like a mining town I think and radioactive bunnies or something haha I can't remember, it was terrible!
Radioactive Bunnies.......that sounds like the most inventive plot ever

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-19-2023, 02:10 PM

@ Cora - I just remembered it was called Night of the Lepus! And it was SO bad LOL

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-19-2023, 09:45 PM

Quote:
@ Cora - I just remembered it was called Night of the Lepus! And it was SO bad LOL
Is it bad that this only makes me want to watch it more

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-20-2023, 06:09 PM

LOL If you enjoy very bad cinema, then I highly recommend it!