Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 01-10-2009, 02:56 AM

From my favorite movie of all times, Shaun of the Dead <3
Quote:
(Ed does a zombie imitation)
Shaun: What was that?
Ed: Who died and made you king of the fucking zombies?
Quote:
Shaun: [about Ed] He's not my boyfriend!
Ed: [handing beer to Shaun] It might be a bit warm, the cooler's off.
Shaun: Thanks, babe.
[winks]
Another one of my favorites, A Hard Days Night
Quote:
John: Hey, pardon me for asking, but who's that little old man?
Paul: Uh, what little old man?
John:That little old man.
Paul: Oh, him, he's my grandfather.
George: That's not your grandfather.
Paul: It is, you know.
George: But I've seen your grandfather. He lives in your house.
Paul: Oh, that's my other grandfather, but he's my grandfather, as well.
John: How do you reckon that one out?
Paul: Well, everyone's entitled to two, aren't they?
And the fountain of movie quote, Fight Club.
Quote:
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
Quote:
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Last edited by Stallion Duck; 01-10-2009 at 04:16 PM..

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Isabel: You know every story, every wound, every memory. Their whole life's happiness is wrapped up in you. Every single second. Don't you get it? Look down the road to her wedding. I'm in a room alone with her, fixing her veil, fluffing her dress, telling her no woman has ever looked so beautiful. And my fear is she'll be thinking, "I wish my mom was here."
Jackie: And mine is, she won't.
From Stepmom. One of the scenes that makes me cry.

Chisagi
Chim-Chim-Cheree

Old 01-14-2009, 04:59 PM

From The Painted Veil, one of my favorite movies.

Quote:
Kitty Fane: [about Wan Xi] I wonder what she sees in you.
Waddington: [In Chinese] What do you see in me?
Wan Xi: [to Waddington] You're a good man.
Waddington: She says I'm a good man.
Kitty Fane:[laughs] As if a woman ever loved a man for his virtue.

Sharpie
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-15-2009, 06:05 AM

I love Forrest Gump <33 But my favorite quote from it has to be:

Quote:
Run Forrest Run!
hehe

And I also love love Harold and Kumar. Ironically I laughed the hardest at this:
Quote:
Thank you, come again.
When Kumar says it during a "payback" scene.

Last edited by Sharpie; 01-15-2009 at 06:08 AM..

EbonySquirrel
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-15-2009, 05:11 PM

Oh so many favorites! (And I made sure to read through all of the previous posts so I pray I didn't miss anything and find myself makin' repeats. XD) Let's see, where to begin...

Mulan

Quote:
Emperor: *clears his throat* The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

Shang: ...sir?

Emperor: You don't meet a girl like THAT every dynasty. *replaces cap and walks away*

Lilo & Stitch

Quote:
Stitch: Hey. *garbles something in an alien language*

Jumba: WHAAAAT? After all you put me through, you expect me to help you just like that?? JUST. LIKE. THAT!?!

Stitch: Ieh.

Jumba: ...fine.

Pleakley: Fine...? You're doing what he says?

Jumba: Eeeh, he's very persuasive.

Sweeney Todd

Quote:
Mrs. Lovette: With the price of meat what it is... when you get it... if you get it...

Todd: ...ah!

Mrs. Lovette: Good you got it.

And just about every other line from the Crow, none of which I can recall off the top of my head although I'm taken by a powerful urge to watch it now. XD

KamenRiderNadeshiko
Henshin Heroine

Old 01-17-2009, 03:48 AM

I posted some before, but I have more quotes now.

Juno:

Quote:
Leah: Dude, I think it's best to just tell 'em.
Juno: I'm Pregnant.
Bren: Oh, God.
Juno: But, uh ah, I'm going to give it up for adoption and I already found the perfect couple, they're going to pay for the medical expenses and everything. And and what ah 30 or odd weeks we can just pretend that this never happened.
Mac: You're pregnant?
Juno: I'm sorry. I'm sorry... And if it is any consolation I have heartburn that is radiating in my knee caps and I haven't taken a dump since like Wednesday... morning.
Bren: I didn't even know that you were sexually active.
Juno: I, uh...
Mac: Who is the kid?
Juno: The-the baby? I don't really know much about it other than, I mean, it has fingernails, allegedly.
Bren: Nails, really?
Juno: Yeah!
Mac: No, I know I mean who's the father, Juno?
Juno: Umm... It's Paulie Bleeker.
Mac: Paulie Bleeker?
Juno: What?
Mac: I didn't think he had it in him.
Leah: I know, right?

Mac: Whats that thing?
Vanessa: It's a Pilates machine.
Mac: What do you make with it?
Vanessa: Oh you don't make anything with it, its for exercise.
Mac: Oh. My wife ordered one of those Tony Little Gazelles off the television... I don't know about that guy. He doesn't look right.

Juno: I'm pregnant.
Paulie: What should we do?
Juno: Well, I should just... I was thinking I'd just nip it in the bud before it gets worse. Because they were talking about in health class how pregnancy... It can often lead to an infant.
Paulie: Typically, yeah... Yeah that's what happens when our mothers and teachers get pregnant.

The Empire Strikes Back:

Quote:
Leia: We're going to get pulverized if we stay out here much longer.
Han: I'm not going to argue with that.
C-3PO: Pulverized?

(Chewbacca is carrying the dismembered C3PO on his back)
C-3PO:If only you'd attached my legs, I wouldn't be in this ridiculous position. Now remember, Chewbacca, you have a responsibility to me, so don't do anything foolish!

C-3PO: I didn't ask you to turn on the thermal heater. I merely commented that it was freezing in the princess's chamber...
R2-D2: (chirps)
C-3PO: But it's SUPPOSED to be freezing! How we are ever going to dry out her clothes, I really don't know!

Darth Vader: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you.
[pauses]
Darth Vader: Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.
Luke: I'll never join you!
Darth Vader: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
Luke: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him!
Darth Vader: No. *I* am your father.
Luke: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
Darth Vader: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!
Luke: [anguished] No! No!
More to come...

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 01-18-2009, 04:03 PM

If this topic has taught me anything, it's that when some of my favorite movie dialogues are reduced to text, they are ruined. :(

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Assimilate this!
(From First Contact)

Anything Jayne says in the Serenity movie.

Quote:
I am seriously doubting your commitment to Sparkle Motion!
(Donnie Darko. Oh yeah)

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-19-2009 at 02:56 PM..

Silenced Fatality
Send a message via Yahoo to Silenced Fatality

Old 01-22-2009, 05:42 PM

The 5th Element

Quote:
Leeloo: badda boom big badda boom badda big boom

Its such a great film I love Milla Jovovich she kicks butt in all her films

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 01-23-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Will: This song is an excellent cure for the will to live.
From Definitely, Maybe

Quote:
Simon: (to Harlan) Hey!
Rachel: ...is for horses. Better for cows. And pigs don't eat it, 'cause they don't know how.
From Georgia Rule

Quote:
Gerry: (letter, voiceover) Dear Holly, I don't have much time. I don't mean literally. I mean, you're out buying ice cream, and you'll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn't to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp. You can take care of yourself without any help from me. It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man by loving me, Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... Literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad or unsure or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours. There'll be more. I promise. So, here it comes, the big one. Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you.
From P.S. I Love You

ShadowFlamedWolf
Beauty is in the eye of the beho...
Send a message via AIM to ShadowFlamedWolf

Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM

POTC 3:

Quote:
Jack:You need the ship. (points to will)
Jack: you and you brotheran court (points to barbosa)
Jack: YOu felt guilty (points to Elizabeth)
Jack: did no one come just because they missed me?
(monkey and others rise their hand)
Jack: I'm stand over their with them.

Jack: why are you here when you could be else where?
Solder one: someone has to stay and guard the chest.
solder two: there has been a lack of disapline on this ship.
solder One: (Turns connon to solder two) oh so fish people just for being fish people have less disapline then non fish people
Jack: (takes chest)

DJ: where are you going jack?
Jack: uh well...
DJ: you need the key jack.
Jack: oh I allready have th key.
DJ: (pulles out key.)
Jack: oh yu mean that key.

Elizabeth: barsosa merry us.
Barbosa: I'm alittle busy at the moment.

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 01-27-2009 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: Failure to quote

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 PM

You need to put quote tags around your quotes.

Quote:
Ultrasound Technician: I just see a lot of teenage mothers come through here, and it's obviously a poisonous environment to raise a baby in.
Juno: How do you know I'm so poisonous? What if these adoptive parents turn out to be, like, evil molesters?
Leah: Or, like, stage parents.
Bren: They could be utterly negligent. Maybe they'll do a far shittier job of raising a kid than my dumbass stepdaughter would. Have you considered that?
UT: I guess not.
Bren: What is your job title exactly?
UT: I'm an ultrasound technician, ma'am.
Bren: Well, I'm a nail technician, and I think we both ought to just stick to what we know.
UT: Excuse me?
Bren: Oh, you think you're so special because you get to play Picture Pages up there? Well, my 5-year-old daughter could do that, and let me tell you, she's not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. So, why don't you go back to night school in Mantino and learn a real trade?
Juno: Bren! You's a dick! I love it!
One of my favorite scenes from Juno.

[trite]
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 AM

Best quote ever:

Quote:
Persian Emissary: This is madness!
Spartan King Leonidas: Madness? This is Sparta!
From the film "300"

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-15-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthingale View Post
Very obscure, but very sentimental and lovely at the same time. From The Linguini Incident from the early 90s, starring David Bowie as Monty the chronic liar, gambler and barman, and Rosanna Arquette as the Houdini-wannable waitress. (Good film, watch it!)
This is one of my all time favorite movies!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-15-2009, 11:44 PM

There's one I heard recently, but it requires a bit of context. It's from Sin City.
Bruce Willis' character is tracking down a child molester. The child molester has a gun, but Willis' character shoots his wrist, and his hand just completely blows off. Now on the floor in pain, the child molester tries to grab his gun off the floor, but Willis' character takes it. It's a crime noir type thing, so there's a narration. So Willis' character's narration says

Quote:
I took his weapon...
then he shoots the child molester right in the crotch and says
Quote:
both of them.
It was awesome. xD

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-16-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
You’re a constipator, Peanut, you disturb my shit and that’s annoying.
— Rube, Dead Like Me
and I think the quote was:

Quote:
Men should be like kleenex, soft, strong and disposable. -Mrs. White, clue

Mint Car
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...
-Mal Reynolds "Serenity"

what what what
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2009, 01:12 AM

Most of my favourite quotes are from Heathers. That movie owns my life.

Quote:
2nd Heavy Metaller in Parking Lot: [after being asked the lunchtime poll question] You go to the zoo and you get a lion. Stick a remote control bomb up it's butt... push the button on the bomb and you and the lion die like one.
There are so many great quote worthy lines in it. It's so great.

Granger Danger
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-22-2009, 12:34 AM

From Hook:
Quote:
Peter: I'm not a pirate! I'm a lawyer.
Rufio: Kill the lawyer.
Peter: I'm not that kind of lawyer!
I almost forgot, this quote from POtC: At World's End:
Quote:
Cabin Boy: The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed and bound her in her bones. The seas be ours and by the powers, where we will, we'll roam.
Cabin Boy and Prisoners: Yo ho, all hands, hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die! Yo ho, haul together, hoist the colours high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die!
People have already said quotes that I love, so I'm not going to requote them XP

Last edited by Granger Danger; 02-22-2009 at 12:40 AM..

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-22-2009, 01:20 AM

One of my favorites is from Star Wars Ep. II: Attack of the Clones. Padme, Anakin, and Obi Wan have been captured by these aliens working for Dooku and Sidious, and they are going to be executed in an arena by being eaten by vicious animals. After fighting for a while, the other Jedi show up to rescue them/capture Dooku.

Mace Windu (Samuel L Jackson) walks into the box seat where Dooku, the alien...king? And Jango and Boba Fett are. He turns on his lightsaber and says:

Quote:
This party's over.
And then proceeds to start kicking ass.

Elsa Shawcross
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Elsa Shawcross Send a message via Yahoo to Elsa Shawcross

Old 03-05-2009, 04:13 PM

I think this was already quoted, but what the heck?? I love it!!! XDDDDD

From V for Vendetta:
Quote:
V's introduction to Evey:
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

LOL, I actually memorized that quote, except for the last part... XD

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 03-06-2009, 03:54 PM

That speech is so over the top in both its writing and delivery that poor little Evey's perfectly delivered, deadpan response of
Quote:
Are you, like, a crazy person?
is always overshadowed. :)

Xepoa
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2009, 07:50 PM

-
Quote:
Why so serious?

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 03-08-2009 at 01:53 PM..

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Why don't you light your tampon on fire and blow your box apart, 'cause that's the only bang you're ever gonna get sweetheart!
Bernadette, The adventures of Priscilla Queen of the desert.

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 03-08-2009 at 01:50 PM..

NessaRose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 AM

I love this quotes from Miranda Priestly, Meryl Streep's character in The Devil Wears Prada.

Quote:
Miranda Priestly: The details of your incompetence do not interest me. Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the Brazilian layout. I asked for clean, athletic, smiling; she sent me dirty, tired and paunchy. And RSVP yes to Michael Kors' party, I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp. Then call Natalie at Glorious Foods and tell her no, for the 40th time, no, I don't want dacquoise, I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote. Then call my ex-husband and remind him that the parent/teacher conference at Dalton tonight. Then call my husband. Ask him to please meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Mossimo. Also, tell Richard I saw all the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers and they're all so deeply unattractive. Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender, female paratrooper? Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really. Also I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover try. I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet.
Quote:
Miranda Priestly: Do you know why I hired you? I always hire the same girl- stylish, slender, of course... worships the magazine. But so often, they turn out to be- I don't know- disappointing and, um... stupid. So you, with that impressive résumé and the big speech about your so-called work ethic- I, um- I thought you would be different. I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl. I had hope. My God. I live on it. Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um- more than any of the other silly girls.
Quote:
Miranda Priestly: That's All!
Classic!!!