Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkypisces View Post
I always loved playing around the water. A creek, stream or river when I was a kid. I still love walking and relaxing by the water but of course at 64 I have to restrain myself from chasing paper cups and wildlife for fun. Sigh..... Adulthood.
When I two, my mom says I escaped from the yard only to trot down to the local park fountain where I was found frolicking in the water with joy. Mom also told me that when she caught up to me, she noticed a couple of ladies who were watching me in a suspicious manner as if they were considering kidnapping me. I was a cute kid.

Nowadays, I am far from being the possible target of any kidnapping plot. Yep, I'm pretty much bulletproof.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 AM

I tend to think of myself as beyond cute or sexy so I'm surprised when people flirt with me. But when they do I start talking about Debra.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-12-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
I tend to think of myself as beyond cute or sexy so I'm surprised when people flirt with me. But when they do I start talking about Debra.
I'm rarely flirted with anymore. Then I find out she smokes. The good ones cause me to think, dang! She's half my age.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-13-2018, 01:10 AM

How's about a lonely hearts Club for wayward truckers. We could call it the last truck stop.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
How's about a lonely hearts Club for wayward truckers. We could call it the last truck stop.
The only problem would be that no one would show up.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2018, 06:41 PM

You might be surprised some people have a thing for truck drivers. It could be that you think you'll never see them again or it could be that they think they're so experienced text. But either way what do y'all have to lose? Now if y'all get uniforms I think you got it in the bag! I'll start making the Flyers =3
But maybe the last truck stop would scare people off... Truckers make me think of serial killers for some reason

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-16-2018, 07:28 PM

Sadly the old truck stops r gone forever. Victims of corporate greed disguised as progress.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2018, 08:15 PM

The Flying J that I like to go to has really cut back and all their cool items. They had some really unique items that they just don't carry anymore. They sort of streamlined. They used to have local breads and Suites and they don't carry that anymore either. But luckily they still have the ginormous corn dog on a stick...mmm Corn dog

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 AM

Sadly true for the loves travel stops as well

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-17-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

You might be surprised some people have a thing for truck drivers. It could be that you think you'll never see them again or it could be that they think they're so experienced text. But either way what do y'all have to lose? Now if y'all get uniforms I think you got it in the bag! I'll start making the Flyers =3
But maybe the last truck stop would scare people off... Truckers make me think of serial killers for some reason
Where the heck does this come from? 😳😧🤯

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-17-2018, 07:39 PM

Where does what come from? The portion about the serial killers? I watch an exorbitant amount of Criminal Minds and shows like that and Truckers have a bad rap on those kind of shows. Plus my godfather when he worked for the district attorney used to warn me about truck drivers... I guess I have a vivid imagination. Sorry no offense meant I hope none was taken

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-17-2018, 10:14 PM

The concrete cowboys. Highways honchos,

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 PM

That is a cute names. I hadn't heard the concrete cowboy before period so now I'm gonna go play save a horse ride a cowboy Bob Big & Rich. Yeah you haul I like country music don't judge me. And the highway henchmen I don't think I've heard that name either that kind of sounds creepy and puts it in the crazy category what are some other names for York's Hall?

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-18-2018, 11:32 PM

There's an old 1971 trucker movie called "Duel," where a tanker truck stalks a man driving his car on a lonely highway. I haven't seen that movie in years! It's an "on the edge of your seat" suspenseful movie with very little dialogue.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-19-2018, 02:13 AM

But the biggest trucker memory is still "convoy" by McCall. Later it was a movie.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Where does what come from? The portion about the serial killers? I watch an exorbitant amount of Criminal Minds and shows like that and Truckers have a bad rap on those kind of shows. Plus my godfather when he worked for the district attorney used to warn me about truck drivers... I guess I have a vivid imagination. Sorry no offense meant I hope none was taken
Yeah, we truckers are a nasty lot. Thankfully, no prosecutor, judge, or lawyer has ever committed any unlawful act with grave and lasting consequences.

I know it's not you, hummy, but I feel a bit perturbed when someone who is smart enough to work in the court system, yet is compelled to utter something so senseless.

Right now, I feel like going on a rant, but I'll just leave it be.

---------- Post added 09-18-2018 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
There's an old 1971 trucker movie called "Duel," where a tanker truck stalks a man driving his car on a lonely highway. I haven't seen that movie in years! It's an "on the edge of your seat" suspenseful movie with very little dialogue.
https://youtu.be/mpXtfYPzN30

You can check out Mr. Vanity Hairs' video.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-19-2018, 03:11 AM

Mr w. I'm so sorry if my trucker humour hurt u. My jokes r never to b taken seriously. 😱

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-19-2018, 10:26 AM

That is a very interesting video, Mr. Wrong!

I, personally, hold a high respect for truck drivers. Not only do they haul all the things we need to live by, they have to deal with bad roads and horrible traffic and be able to keep that big rig from running over stupid drivers who stop short in front of them...not to mention bad weather.
My step-dad was a truck driver for the Jolly Rancher company...and, though I did not like the person he was, I always held a respect for job.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-20-2018, 03:02 AM

Quote:
That is a very interesting video, Mr. Wrong!

I, personally, hold a high respect for truck drivers. Not only do they haul all the things we need to live by, they have to deal with bad roads and horrible traffic and be able to keep that big rig from running over stupid drivers who stop short in front of them...not to mention bad weather.
My step-dad was a truck driver for the Jolly Rancher company...and, though I did not like the person he was, I always held a respect for job.
Well put

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-21-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Mr w. I'm so sorry if my trucker humour hurt u. My jokes r never to b taken seriously. 😱
I'm not upset with you or hummy. Just that senseless warning against an entire profession. People can be ridiculous.

In other unexciting news, I am holed up in Tehachapi, California due to Black Betty, my venerable 1998 Dodge Dakota, having a broken plastic housing that keeps in place the fuel filler tube. Since that is broken, the gas hose nozzle cannot be fit into the filler tube without the tube itself falling down the inside of the truck toward the gas tank making it impossible to fuel.

Fortunately, the nice guys at Scott's body shop have a new housing on order which will arrive later this morning. Then I can venture off to frolick in Arizona rivers.

These California gas nozzles are equipped with a pollution foreskin (vapor recovery hoods) which make fueling your vehicle more difficult because it's danged difficult, for me anyway, to keep the gas nozzle in place while fueling.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Californians put up with this type of legislation that makes the daily tasks of one's life more difficult than need be. Good grief, people.

---------- Post added 09-21-2018 at 03:36 AM ----------

And I went out for a late night walk and heard some a shuffling noise coming from a bus stop across the street. It was too dark to see what made the noise, so I moved on. Then I heard this shuffling noise once more. I decided to investigate this time by moving to bus stop side of the street and looking more closely. I made out a silhouette and figured it was some kid getting high at this bus stop. Making no attempt to conceal myself, I simply began walking back to my motel room when I saw this individual ignite a lighter. I reassured myself that this was what I first believed it to be. Then I saw a larger fire developing, so I phoned 911. When the cops came and illuminated the scene with their spotlights, I could see they were dealing with a man who appeared to be homeless.

The officers approached calmly and cautiously only speaking to this potential arsonist. I watched for several minutes, but the officers didn't arrest the man, and seemed only to question him. That's when I decided to finish my walk and return to my motel room. And that was my excitement for the day.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 09-21-2018 at 10:36 AM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-22-2018, 02:00 AM

You are such a good Samaritan, Mr.Wrong!
It is probably fortunate that you just happened to be at the right place at the right time to be able to alert the authorities about the potential for a bad situation!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-22-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
You are such a good Samaritan, Mr.Wrong!
It is probably fortunate that you just happened to be at the right place at the right time to be able to alert the authorities about the potential for a bad situation!
One of my better 911 calls to police was in response to a burglary in progress. This young guy was in the rear section of a day care at about 10 or 11pm. The day care center was adjacent to my old apartment complex (I had just moved to another apartment complex across the street) and I was going to move some more stuff when I heard a loud creaking noise from over the wall at the day care center. I peeked over the wall to see this guy using a flat crowbar on a soda machine. I went back across the street and called 911 alerting them to a burglary in progress. A couple of cruisers came up to day care center quickly and quietly. The first officer arriving on the scene knew immediately where to go and spotted the distracted soda machine burglar right away, pulled out his service pistol and shouted to the burglar to drop his crowbar or he was going to get a bullet in his @#!$% head. The would be thief complied and was ordered to climb over the wall to waiting police.

One of the officers who was writing his report while gathering my information told me that I made a good call.

Over the course of my life since about age 13, I have probably placed about forty 911 calls. Most were made as a security guard as you might imagine.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 09-23-2018, 01:52 AM

Sooooo. U just call 911 and then keep on trucking

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-23-2018, 02:54 AM

*rolls into the thread*

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-23-2018, 04:47 AM