Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Thank you, Belly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
* Hnng* I love those shoes and the whole outfit Tsunii! And such a cutie owl ( I love owls :3 Wearing owl earrings right now)

Ah yes. I usually grab a bit on the run, but I make sure that I have at least one good meal a day that isn't rushed. On the run meaning a sandwich in my mouth as I drive to work, etc. ;)

Same here. But I will gladly give up space for crafting supplies and books.

Thank you Woodla! ^^
I really like my shoes too. But I've worn them quite a lot lately, so the heels are in a bad condition. I can still use them, but I fear it won't be long until they break. So I have to start looking around for a new pair of shoes that I can wear while I change the heels on my old ones. 'Cause, lets face it, I like those shoes too much to throw them away.
You know, that skirt that I wear on the picture, it's only the practice skirt. So it has some flaws that I'm gonna fix when I finally sew the actual skirt. But I'm still really happy with the practice skirt and wears it with pride to every steampunk event I have time to go to.
I love owls too! I just liked them and thought they were a cool kind of bird before. But after my mom got the movie Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, and I watched it and the extra material did I really fall in love with owls.
Well, I usually take Doctor Hoo to the events too, he's like my steampunk companion now (or maybe it's the other way around?). And I'm really proud of his vest that I made. It's made of the same fabric as my skirt so we kinda match. I'm gonna make him another vest when I've made my "real" skirt, and of course it'll be made from the skirt fabric, we still have to match you know.

That's good. I probably eat too little on the days when I'm home alone. But I usually stay away from the heat on those days, so I usually don't get a heatstroke. But I still make sure to eat and drink properly those days I'm working, and I usually feel fine those days when I'm home too, so I don't think I have to worry too much about that. At least I hope so...

Same here. It's a bit troublesome nowadays though... I give up more space to the books and crafting supplies than what I actually have to give up. So all my stuff ends up stacked on top of each other in the small space around my bed. It's hell to try to find the one special thing that you're looking for. I so hate to not have a real room of my own.

------------------

P.S. Yes, Kay and Kirin we would really love to see your scarfs. I'm also knitting one, but I'm temporarily out of yarn and have a bit of trouble finding more in the right color.

Last edited by Tsunii; 08-17-2014 at 06:33 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-17-2014, 07:38 PM

I don't knit.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-18-2014, 03:13 AM

I'm still working on my scarf. I have the first piece of the three pieces of the scarf done and had the second one started but I was on the second row of the second part of the scarf and realized that it was a little over two inches too long. >_< I'm going to have to go back in and undo a lot of work.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-18-2014, 03:47 AM

I hate when that happensw.

iBunniee
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2014, 06:17 AM

Umm.... Not quite sure if this qualifies as a project but I started it last year but I'm horrible at making stories and such. I've been drawing for over 10 years but still have a ways to go. I was making characters and having some trouble with their bio and styles and such. I was hoping to make my own little comic but I have only made the 2 characters well, there was another one but haven't drawn him out yet. Hopefully when I settle at my own place and earn enough to make it possible, I moved out of my parents house and moved to another community n n;
I applied for my own place with housing and I have a meeting with one of the people who can help me with the possibility of my own place. *Fingers crossed*

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-22-2014, 01:25 PM

Good luck on all the things.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Well, got bored with my scarf. Put it away for now, might pull it out again to work on when it starts getting cooler outside.

I've decided though that in the meantime, I want to try and learn to knit as well. Got a begginers knitting book/kit and I found a whole lot of yarn over at the thrift shop so I got plenty of yarn to play with, O3O

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 AM

Kay:: Good luck with learning to knit! It's a great craft!

I think since I've last posted I've learned to spin [make] yarn.
Most recent finished yarn!~ -

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM

Oh that's a pretty color.

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 PM

Yellow can make one smile unconsciously, yeah?

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-29-2014, 03:23 AM

Thats another thing I'd like to learn. To dye and spin my own yarn. I've been getting quite interested in the wool/fiber industry.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 AM

It's cool but I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-29-2014, 04:39 AM

Kay:: Dyeing is totally next on my agenda... and moving to open land and having sheeps and alpacas and then no one ever hears from me again.
LOL
Fiber arts is definitely a giant rabbit hole though; I look forward to seeing you further pursue it! Are you on Ravelry at all?

Kirin:: I have the patience of an impatient gnat. After the learning is done it's more meditative than anything.

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM

Pickles: That was a nice yarn. Pretty color and so even in thickness. What technique did you use to spin it?
Also, yellow onions give a nice yellow color if you dye with them, but you only use the outer crispy peel for it. And depending on the amount of onion peel to the amount of yarn, you can get different shades and even get orange color.

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 PM

Tsunii:: Thanks! I used the short backward draw, on a top whorl drop spindle.

That's an awesome tip! One I'll definitely remember! Do you do a lot of dyeing?

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-29-2014, 08:22 PM

Pickles: Oh, one of those. I've never tried spinning my own yarn.
Unfortunately no. I've never done any nature dyeing, but I would like to. The only dyeing I've done was a t-shirt and that was with bought chemical-ish dye. But a friend of mine got a pair of pin bonded stockings that she colored with onion skins.They got a really pretty yellow color.

Karastorm
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-05-2014, 02:37 PM

Free Crochet Pattern: Potted Baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy | Twinkie Chan Blog <- I'm working on this little bugger.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-05-2014, 03:52 PM

So stinking cute.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Pickles-- That yarn color is amaaaaazing. I have a shawl someone made me in a similar color that's a silk/bamboo mix.

Karastorm-- So ah...... You're making me a baby Groot too right? Riiiight? That's so adorable XD

Sorry Tsunii! I'll get back and read your message. This was just a drive by posting!

Last edited by Woodlandnymph; 09-05-2014 at 04:20 PM..

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-06-2014, 11:15 PM

So, I got back to work on my scarf. Got the second part done. It was too long before, and it ended up being a bit short this time. It's not too much shorter than the first part of the scarf so I'm going to try to make it work. I'm just starting on the third part of the scarf. Should hopefully finish it in a few days

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-10-2014, 11:52 PM

Tis the season to start crafting! Fa la la la laaa. I'll post goodies I've made soon, I'm sure. If I can manage it, I might try to do a craft fair in October. If not, I am definitely getting my etsy shop back up in running order.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-11-2014, 02:53 AM

I am hoping to finish the scarf I am making for my mom tomorrow night.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-11-2014, 06:09 PM

So, ended up getting more yarn. Still haven't finished my scarf, but I've started on another crochet project. Going to make a full size blanket. Will take quite awhile. I'll have to get more yarn as I go, bit it's going really good so far.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-13-2014, 01:00 PM

I finished my moms scarf. Just have to tuck in the ends.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 10-12-2014, 12:29 PM

So I had been obsessed with string jointed dolls and always thought i could never accomplish one that was good enough but after 3 days playing with paper clay i finally made my first string jointed doll but that was not enough... i wanted it to be my mene avatar hehehe so here is the picture... let me know what u guys think...
please note i have only wrapped a cloth piece around her, still need to sew her something...