zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-03-2013, 08:28 PM

I haven't been to Rue21 in forever. There's one near where my mom lives but I haven't seen any around here.

Aw man, that's not cool.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 PM

I don't like the one where we live because they don't carry the cute stuff. lol. We usually have to drive to a different one where they have more stuff in stock.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-03-2013, 08:48 PM

I just went through the same sort of thing in Kohls today, where two of my shirts were exceptions to the sale. Why do companies keep doing this to me?!

And I'd never heard of Rue21 before, but everything on their website is really cute. Lots of great cardigans, sweaters and long necklaces. It's too bad that there aren't any stores near me.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-03-2013, 08:51 PM

I don't know, but companies are cruel like that. >:C

Yeah, a lot of the stuff online is much cuter than the stuff they have in-store. >.<

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 PM

I feel like I remember their clothes running really small, or their tee shirts at least. I used to get stuff in there from time to time but not always. It was really the only "hip" clothing store in the tiny little mall that we would go to. I'd imagine their style has changed a lot since I last visited.

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-04-2013, 05:58 PM

Their sizes are okay for me. I'm not a small little thing, and I usually am able to find really cute stuff that fit nicely.
Now if we want to talk about ridiculous sizes I'll mention Wal-mart. -_- I just feel extremely obese trying to find clothes at that store.
But I like Rue21 cos they have my kind of style in clothing and shoes. /nod nod/

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-04-2013, 07:04 PM

Sizes are always a problem with me. Since I've lost weight it's hard to tell what I need now and every store runs differently so it's just a real pain overall.

Also, on a random tangent, the whole having shirts that are like 5 sizes to big trend really pisses me off. I'll see this amazing shirt in the window of a store and think, "that's perfect!" and then I'll walk in the store and spend a good 10 minutes looking for it only to realize that actually it's one of those giganto shirts that even a size xxxs would be too big to form fit to me. I don't really get the idea of wearing clothes that are so big they fall off of you. >.>

My family tends to buy me clothes that are always too big for Christmas so I mentioned it to my mom a few years back. They would usually get shirts for me from Walmart which would tend to run large, and of course that year she decided to shop at Rue21 instead where their sizes tend to run small for me and I ended up having to go back and exchange everything. I felt so stupid afterwards. V_V

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-04-2013, 07:25 PM

My best friend is good with sizes. She knows how to measure them on herself without actually having to try them on.
She did it with me when I was trying to find pants. I was worried that the size would be too small, but they ended up fitting just right. *-* I love shopping with her, she's definitely a fashionista and I love it. Haha.

I'm not really sure on that trend. I like my clothes to be fitted comfortably and not too tight or too loose. Although, I must admit, at one point in my life I did only wear tight-fitted shirts. v .v Looking back at high school, it's no wonder guys never showed interest in me. 8D

That sucks. :C That's the thing when others buy you clothes, it's a tricky thing.
I rarely ever buy people clothes as gifts, unless they're there shopping with me. Other wise I get them accessories, games, beanies, comics, or other things like that.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Heeey guys!! I stopped at the local discount warehouse and spotted they had a ton of name brand polish all marked for a buck. I ended up finally getting my hands on a Sally Hanson complete salon manicure in "So Much Fawn" which is a very neutral (Sally Hansen So Much Fawn | kittypolishnbags) And a Maybelline Color Show Vintage Leather in "Lasting Lilac":

I'm kinda wishing I went for a slightly different color with the Sally Hansen as I think I have a very similar shade already. They had a really nice metallic in similar color that would of been better. I'm tempted to go back and get that and this gorgeous turquoise color they had. Oh gosh it was sooo much nailpolish that I would of loved to drop ten bucks and load up on a few. I don't need nailpolish...but I'm a sucker for a bargain and they had all sorts of interesting stuff.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 PM

@ Vanora: Ooh, I'm super jealous of your friend! I really wish I could size up clothes like she can! I feel like that's a very useful "superpower" to have.

I don't usually get clothes as gifts either but this Christmas I did get a few clothing items for others but I'm sure they'll fit properly so it should be okay.

@ Izumi: That is a very lovely color! And only $1, even better! I'd totally go back and get the other colors that you want.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 PM

I'm thinking I may try to on Saturday...I won't really have a chance to go back until then as tomorrow I've got a christmas concert to go to for my stepson, and Friday I work all day.

I'm going to try to keep it to a $5 limit...I really don't need more, but it's just too good to pass up. :o

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-04-2013, 11:30 PM

Izumi: That vintage leather color is lovely!! I would definitely go back to get more colors especially with that bargain. o:

zig: I'm jealous of her skill too. She tried telling me how to do it for myself, but I still don't get the hang of it. lol.
Well that's good at least. It would be a shame if they didn't especially if they're cute clothes. :c

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 AM

@ Izumi: Hopefully you can get some cool stuff on Saturday. I think a $5 limit sounds pretty sensible.

@ Vanora: My mom used to have me hold up pants to my waist and if they came to about the halfway point on your hips then supposedly they were your size but that method isn't very precise. It can sometimes kind of work the same way with shirts by wrapping it around the front and seeing if it aligns with the point on your side halfway between your stomach and your back. I don't really trust that method too much though...

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 PM

I have to try on shirts, no matter what.
My tummy isn't too big, but my chest. Oi.. OTL
I can never find button shirts that fit right. Or certain dresses don't fit quite right.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 PM

Hey guys! Sooo the college semester is finally ending and I can finally start being more active on Mene again! lol
I've missed hanging out here chatting about polish and manicures!

Currently working on a Christmasy manicure, but wanted to share the one I had for Thanksgiving! <3

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 PM

That's super cute, Emma! o:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-06-2013, 11:30 PM

Thanks Vanora! :D
I wanted something simple, yet cute, for my mani so I went with a Turkey! Love how it turned out <3
Now I just have to finish some homework so I can finish my Christmas mani! :3

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 PM

I want to give myself cute mani's but I don't have the tools for it.
It's been a while since I've painted mine too, though.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 PM

You should look for a Fingers Nail Art Box kit in Walmart - they come with a dotter, a thick brush, and a liner! Along with stencils :3 Perfect start for tools! :D I think it was only like, $5? Or if you want Sephora has a double dotter and liner set for like $3! I have both because I bought the Sephora first then got the nail art set lol Both are fabulous to work with!

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-06-2013, 11:50 PM

Ooo, I'll definitely have to look into both of them.
I also need to buy more colors of nail polishes, then I can go crazy with designs!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2013, 12:20 AM

Target has a cube of polishes by e.l.f. for only ten dollars. I'm not sure how great the quality is but even if you're just using the colors as accent colors it's a pretty great deal and an easy way to get a bunch of new polishes to try. *Nods*

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-07-2013, 12:56 AM

Oooo, thanks for the help and tips <3
I'm definitely jotting these down, cos I'll end up forgetting. x.x

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2013, 01:09 AM

Hehe, well if you ever forget it will still be in this thread as well.

I just noticed, we're almost up to 100 pages! Wow!

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 12-07-2013, 01:13 AM

Yeah, but you never know.
By the time I actually have the money to go buy these things, pages would have passed! Haha.
Yay for 100 pages! So exciting~

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 AM

That is a possibility...

I wonder if I should hold a competition at some point. Like get a few prizes and have everyone submit mani entries?