PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-18-2023, 05:15 PM

I googled 'radio show deer crossing' and I think I found the one you mention? With a lady complaining about the signs? Oh my goodness, this is absolutely hilarious! I know when I was a kid, I saw a sign that said 'deer crossing 10 miles' and I mistook it for in the next ten miles, deer will cross, so I asked why don't they have the signs closer to that mile marker? I knew it meant heavy deer population, but I didn't know it meant 'for the next ten miles' not IN ten miles.

"The sign is there to allow the deer to know that's where they're allowed to cross" lmao WHAT?! I cannot even understand her logic! Thank you, Cora, this is an absolute gem.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-19-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
I googled 'radio show deer crossing' and I think I found the one you mention? With a lady complaining about the signs? Oh my goodness, this is absolutely hilarious! I know when I was a kid, I saw a sign that said 'deer crossing 10 miles' and I mistook it for in the next ten miles, deer will cross, so I asked why don't they have the signs closer to that mile marker? I knew it meant heavy deer population, but I didn't know it meant 'for the next ten miles' not IN ten miles.

"The sign is there to allow the deer to know that's where they're allowed to cross" lmao WHAT?! I cannot even understand her logic! Thank you, Cora, this is an absolute gem.
Yup, that's the one! I remember my co-worker at my last job was the first person who introduced me to that one and for like 20 minutes all we could do is sit there and laugh. My boss was not pleased

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-19-2023, 07:42 PM

I listened to the follow-up call, as well. Poor woman getting hate I mean, it was a rather silly thing to think, but she said she wasn't used to the countryside and not familiar with how things work outside a populated city. I can't fault her too much but when she said people were leaving deer statues and crossing signs in her year, I think that's going over the line. Laugh all you want, but don't harass her for a mistake!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-19-2023, 11:39 PM

Why are we so quick to harass people yo. *kicks all the bullies. Still laughs though*