Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 PM

((Welcome back, Esmme! :D))

The audience was stunned. And not in the usual way. It seemed impossible to them that the magician could be the same girl as before, despite looking exactly the same. The toothy grin plastered to her face was the most frightening thing of all. Despite their apprehension, the audience tried to enjoy the acts. So far, the teleportation act seemed to be their favorite.

An audience member had been chosen to volunteer at random. Like always, they came running up to the stage like it was the most important thing in the world. They listened eagerly when she gave them her directions, following every one of them to the letter when she told them to begin. With a huge grin, she climbed into the box before Tali shut it up tight, still smiling herself. After a few Latin words, no one knew that language anymore, Tali clapped her hands, purposely igniting a smoke bomb. Pretending to cough slightly, Tali threw the door open, reveling in the amazed gasps from the audience at the empty box. That paled in comparison to their stunned expressions when the lady walked in from the entrance to the tent though. In short, it took a full two minutes before the crowd stopped cheering.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 PM

As Vos appeared to grow increasingly uncomfortable, Aura couldn't help but snicker to herself. Huh? And like that he was gone. She turned to watch him slip away and frowned again. Mumbling under her breath, "Strange guy..." she wondered what it was that made him so akward. Maybe he was hiding something. And maybe she had just enough time on her hands today to find out what that might be. Feeling mischeivious and a little childish she followed him, sneaking silently through the crowd.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 PM

((*bows* Thank you, Angelo! Vacation was great. I'm trying to get my threads moving again. :sweat: By the way: cute change in Tali's behavior. :yes:))

Vos breathed more easily once Aura was out of sight. The mechanic went straight for his own tent (which was just as freezing and cluttered as ever). He set the pie to the side before concentrating on working with the tool that Mach had just found for him. With the light completely fried, he wouldn't be able to work with it. . . .
"Hardly able to scavenge parts," he muttered to himself. In the cold environment of his own domain, Vos seemed at home. There were no people; no noise save what he made. The only other movement inside the dimly lit tent was that of the mechanical critters. There were only a few: a small kitten, a squirrel, a mouse and a raven. These four animals seemed to know Vos better than any living person - even better than Mach.

Vos reached out to absentmindedly pull the squirrel down from a shelf, setting the mechanical creature (though it looked almost real) aside so he could reach for a stack of papers. He was working on something for Lethal, though no one else knew about it. Perhaps Mach did, but she was wise enough not to mention it to anyone.
"I just need some more . . ." Vos spoke quietly, his words drifting off. As though one of the critters heard him, the squirrel immediately leaped off to find something.

Falling into a calm way of going about his business, Vos sighed to himself. It was silent, near freezing, and dark. This was his environment.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 PM

((Thankies! :3 I see Vos is still as reclusive as ever though. Maybe he needs to have a session too? Huh, huh? :)))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 PM

As Aura watched Vos duck into his tent she looked around to see if any of the LP workers were around to see her spying. When she determined the area clear, she snuck to stand at the entrance trying to peek through the tiny crack to catch a glimpse of Vos. She giggled to herself having fun being sneaky. What? He was probably only eating his pie anyway, as long as he wasn't doing anything wrong, neither was she... Squinting through the crack Aura became slowly frustrated. It was impossible to see anything in his dimly lit tent through this tiny little opening. Pulling at the opening slightly hoping he wouldn't notice, she stuck her head inside for a moment to see Vos too deep in whatever he was doing to notice anything else. She quickly and quietly stepped inside pulling the tent closed behind her. It was eerily dark and quiet as a wave of cold swept over her. She reached up to hold onto herself for warmth. Shivering she wondered if she'd be able to see her breath in here, How can he stand to be in here, it's freezing! she thought. Looking around the tent she saw a lot of mechanical trinkets, jumping slightly at the sight of a squirrel running past. He has a pet squirrel? she thought with a slight raise of an eyebrow. This guy just gets stranger and stranger. Standing in a dark area of the tent she looked towards Vos, growing more and more curious about what he was doing, which was clearly not eating that delicious looking pie he'd been carrying. Quietly she snuck to stand over his shoulder to get a better look...

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-24-2011 at 11:06 PM..

Esmme

Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
((Thankies! :3 I see Vos is still as reclusive as ever though. Maybe he needs to have a session too? Huh, huh? :)))
((Oh, I'm sure he wouldn't approve. :lol: He's always a recluse. ;) I like him that way. Hahaha! Can you imagine dragging him in to speak with Luke about the future? Even if you did . . . I don't think he'd change that much. He certainly wouldn't burst into tears. :XD

Somehow he just didn't notice Aura slip inside. . . .))

Vos was penning in a note on the plans for his project when he felt something. It was like a shift in the air; a bit of warmth in the frigid environment. The male frowned, glancing over his shoulder toward the entrance to the tent. Perhaps Mach had followed him in.
He was quite startled to see someone else instead. With a gasp, Vos stood and turned around hurriedly. "What are you doing in here?" His words were cold, and his silver gaze soon followed (no wonder he fit right in with the freezing air). "Certainly there is nothing I can do for you."

Glancing back to the notes and schematics on the desk, he moved a folder to cover them. It seemed that Aura might find his secret after all. . . .

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 AM

((:D He is contentrating deeply! Lol))

Aura jumped when Vos spun around not quite expecting it. "Aww ya' caught me." She said with a smile looking up at him. "What are you doing in here all by yourself? You should leave your tent open you know, let some heat and light in here." Putting both of her arms around him to grab the papers off of the table she had seen him try to hide, she asked, "What are these?" stepping back quickly to try and read the papers.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-25-2011 at 12:47 AM..

Esmme

Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 AM

The expression on the mechanic's face was one of flustered exasperation. He immediately started blurting his anti-social mannerisms. "Some people don't take kindly to company. I don't like the heat, and the light hurts my eyes." Vos blinked rapidly, trying to get her smile out of mind. It was hard to ignore it when she was still broadcasting it. Even worse, he froze when she wrapped her arms about him. "What-"
The tall male blushed darkly . . . and then realized that Aura had the schematics that he'd been working on for Lethal. "Those are important," he growled, reaching for them. Of course the dancer stepped back when he reached for the papers, avoiding him by a few centimeters. Vos glared at the woman before reaching for them again. "I don't have time to mess around." He couldn't quite recall her name. Laura? Carra?

Silver eyes full of irritation, he snagged her wrist and pulled her toward him. Aura.

Last edited by Esmme; 08-25-2011 at 04:37 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-25-2011, 04:11 AM

She giggled childishly as Vos became flustered, dancing away from him with the papers. "It's hard to believe someone as handsome as you could be so touchy" she said, half flirting, but truthful. When he grabbed her wrist her smile faded, a little dissapointed she hadn't been able to look through the papers. Her flirtacious personality creeping out again, she smiled "If you wanted to hold me Vos, all you had to do was ask" she said batting her eyes. Giggling again she wrinkled her nose in disapproval before stating, "Well it's too cold in here, and you should enjoy company from time to time, no one wants to be alone ALL the time." Recalling a picture from the papers she'd stolen and not taking the hint that Vos wanted to be alone she kept on yapping, "What are you building anyway?"

Esmme

Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 AM

"I'm flattered," Vos said, his voice dead-pan. Apparently he wasn't. One thing that kept a blush on his face almost constantly was that quiet laugh of hers; the way the dancer smiled every time she had the chance. Vos finally got the papers out of Aura's hands, nudging them back onto the desk warily as he kept the woman in place. "If you wanted to hold me Vos, all you had to do was ask."
His blush darkened dramatically as he took a slow breath, immediately releasing her. "I didn't-" Vos cut off his own words, frowning as he turned toward the papers he'd taken from Aura. The mechanic stuffed them into the folder, opening a drawer and sliding the contents into it hurriedly. He'd thought that would be enough to make the belly dancer leave. . . .

Hearing her question made Vos immediately shake his head. "Something complex and . . . hard to explain." His pale eyes flickered over Aura as silence followed his crude explanation. Reylin crossed his arms over his chest before clearing his throat. "And I do enjoy being alone. All the time." He did . . . that, and he was never truly alone. "I'm sure you have other things to be doing, Miss Aura."
With that he waved his fingers at her dismissively, wishing she would leave. He looked more uncomfortable by the moment - something that seemed to happen to him whenever Aura got near him. "I have things to do." Like hide the plans in a safer place or something.

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 PM

"Nothing is the most interesting to look at." Mach stated factually. She then suddenly backflipped, giving a salute to Vos, empty pie pan in her other hand. "I'll be off to refilling the water supplies for the main stage's machines then!" she said, tossing her pie pan into the baskets by the stand as she sauntered off in her usual manner.

~~~~

"Pah! Magician!" Lucifer mumbled of another of his rants under his breath as the people came in anew. He grew quiet for a moment, staring at the crystal, still showing Tali's timeline in the glass. It was always an interesting experience to view the lives of those he knew, which is why he tended to avoid those of the circus's timelines, unless they asked, and heaven forbid he ever had looked at his own since he'd learned to read the mixture without a viewing apparatus. Although he often thought of sweet memories from the past, he was afraid he'd glimpse his ever-nearer future. A man of science knows that he must never allow himself to become part of the experiment, the consequences could be...well, rather deadly.

((sorry short post, thought I'd have time to write but now I have to go to class >.<))

Last edited by WinglessFairy; 08-25-2011 at 06:59 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 AM

She watched as Vos quickly put the papers away and tried to dismiss her. It wasn't often, or really ever, that a man dismissed her, it was new and sort of amusing. Intent on bringing Vos out of his shell she planted herself on his desk smiling innocently. "Nope, I don't have a thing to do" she said, leaning back on her hands. "You could tell me what you're making Vos," she leaned close to him playfully, almost whispering, "It can be our little secret." She was clearly playing with him, not much intent on anything else, just having fun, when she leaned back again thoughtfully. "Maybe I could help." It would be fun knowing something that was going on around this place for once, or even being able to help out. She began to kick her legs childishly waiting for Vos' response.

Esmme

Old 08-27-2011, 01:53 AM

When Aura leaned against his desk, Vos inclined his head in disapproval. This was one of the reasons he detested the company of other people: they didn't follow orders like machinery did. The innocent smile on the dancer's lips made him look away in annoyance. "Nothing to do? A performer with nothing to do while the gates are open?" he asked sarcastically, gray eyes glaring first at the darkness of his tent and then the woman once again. "Has Madame Lethal heard?"

It was right then when the belly dancer suggested he tell her what he was making. Her close whisper made the mechanic pull away quickly, shaking his head. "It wouldn't be a secret if it was shared." He bit his tongue after speaking - for he'd just admitted it was a secret - and then continued. Vos' voice hardened when she offered to help. "No. Your hands are too soft."
As if that wasn't the lamest excuse in the world. Vos took a slow breath, finally shaking his head again. "I don't need your help." If he felt any bit of attraction to the woman (which he did) then he didn't want a distraction around while he worked on something so important (because she really would be distracting). Seeing Aura kick her legs, Reylin cleared his throat. "You can help me by . . . leaving." For a moment he wondered what it would be like to have someone so different trying to learn a mechanic's skills. Mach had caught on faster than anyone he'd ever met, but he'd refused to train or be around anyone else. Even Lethal didn't push it upon him anymore: she just told him what needed to be done and waited until it was finished.

((Hahah, his resolve starts to waver at the words of a pretty woman. Figures. :lol:))

Last edited by Esmme; 08-27-2011 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: Ah . .. gender confusion? xD

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 AM

Aura stopped kicking her legs when he sarcastically mentioned Hannah. Thinking for a moment about what Hannah was probably doing at the moment as the ringleader, she felt the same, somewhat jealously, she'd felt earlier standing in the ring before opening. She wished she could be as great and important as Miss Hannah herself. Shaking it off she smiled again at Vos, "I'm on break. Usually there are private dances after a show, but no one stuck around today, so I have more free time before the next one. All the guys had girlfriends and wives today..." she said, her voice trailing off into a large sigh. She was jealous of those women too. In a lot of ways Aura was very childish, in her mannerisms, actions and desires, but certainly not in her looks. Thinking about how much Vos wanted her to leave, only made her want to stay that much more. Sending a dose of his own sarcasm back in a sort of blackmail, she stood to leave, before stating very matter of factly, "Well, if you don't want my help, I guess I'll just go tell everyone else about your secret plans and see if any of them are worthy enough to help."

Esmme

Old 08-27-2011, 05:53 AM

((HAHAH! Yes!!

Oh . . . and in my earlier post I said "cleared her throat." Just wanted to let you know that I was lying. :sweat: I fixed it because it made me laugh.

Also: Miss Wingless! You should wander around some more . . . or perhaps we'll start the show. I almost forgot about it. *cough*))

"Wives? Pity." Reylin snorted softly and turned to take something from a shelf. Starting to look busy, the mechanic almost breathed a sigh of relief when Aura started toward the tent entrance. Her words were what stopped him cold.
"You wouldn't," Vos said, his gray eyes cutting over to the dancer worriedly. The look on his face was uncertain, and his voice wavered as he spoke. He sounded far more confident than he looked. Silver hair falling away from his shoulders, he took one step forward and grasped Aura's arm so she couldn't leave. His grip was tighter than necessary, but he wasn't really used to dealing with beings of flesh and blood. Metal didn't need a gentle touch - so he treated her just like he would treat a solid surface.
"You'd be the death of me, girl."

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM

When Vos grabbed Aura's arm, she turned around and gave him a mischievious smile. Raising her eyebrows she replied, "I would." She stood there for a moment taking him in. He amused her with his akwardness which made him all the more fun to be around. Realizing the grip on her arm was starting to feel a little tight she wriggled a little. "Ow, you don't have to hold on so tight Vos," she said frowning. Smiling again at the opportunity to poke at him a little, "I knew you wanted to hold me..." she said, stepping into his personal space, looking up into his eyes. By this time Aura was feeling really playful. Even though Vos was probably the most akward person she'd ever been around, and had no social skills what-so-ever, she liked him. It was refreshing to her to be around someone like him. And with each passing minute, her curiousity about the secret papers was growing at a rate that was starting to pick at her mind.

Esmme

Old 08-28-2011, 01:59 AM

Without apologizing, his grip loosened on her arm (though not by much). "You can't," he hissed, his expression growing darker. For a moment Reylin looked as though he might cause physical harm. The alarmed chittering of a metallic mouse caught his attention just before Aura stepped into his personal space. His gaze snapped back to the dancer in surprise, and his pale brows lifted in shock. Apparently he had a bigger bubble than most people . . . and he wasn't used to anyone getting that close. Not even Mach denied Reylin his privacy.
Sucking in a breath of surprise, he took a step back. The playfulness in her eyes made him cringe: another reason he detested other people ((don't take it personally . . . he thinks everyone has flaws)). "I never said anything of that sort," the male said quietly, finding himself partially trapped between the desk behind him and Aura's playful teasing. He looked a bit uncomfortable for a moment before his gaze hardened again. "You won't tell anyone. I'll . . ." Vos almost offered to let her see the plans, but then he silenced himself. Was it worth that much?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 AM

As Vos cut his sentence short Aura leaned closer in anticipation. He was going to tell her she knew it! She wouldn't let on, but she wouldn't have told anyone his secret. She wasn't that kind of person. But she was the kind of person who would sneak back into his tent while he was sleeping, so it was probably a good thing he was going to tell her. She did hope he'd come clean soon, as her break was near it's end and she would need to be leaving momentarily. Hearing the tiny rodent approach Aura's eyes widened remembering the animal, "You have a pet squirrel!?" she asked in amazement and curiousity. She took a step towards it before realizing Vos hadn't let go of her arm yet. She'd seen the signs of his akwardness, and slight signs of hostility, but she was having too much fun with him to care, or maybe she was just that childish. Looking back at him waiting for him to respond, or let her go, or both, she smiled again. "Is it friendly?" she asked, her excitement on her sleeve as she seemed much like a child in a petting zoo.

Esmme

Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 AM

Slowly turning his gaze away from Aura, Vos blinked to focus on the mechanical critter that stared at them with beady eyes. "Yes . . ." he trailed off, suddenly releasing the woman's arm. "And it will bite you." Blunt, but it was the truth. The pale mechanic frowned, stepping away from Aura in order to extend his arm toward the squirrel. It leaped in the air knowingly and scampered up to settle on his shoulder.
Now that they were a few feet apart, Vos had regained his sense of irritation. "Very obedient. Hates strangers." His gray eyes lit up as an idea came to him, but he didn't say anything else. Instead, he shook his head and sighed. "You'll find out about my project when everyone else does, Aura." The tall mechanic almost looked tired. "Please, just leave."

((:ninja: I'm voting for her coming back after the show to try and steal a peek at the plans. :yes: That would make things interesting.
That . . . and I'm feeling sorry for everyone else in the rp. I want to include them! ON TO THE SHOW!! :lol:))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-28-2011, 05:40 AM

((I was hoping you'd say that :D))

Aura sighed as it seemed she wouldn't be learning the secret after all. Not now at least, she thought mischieviously. Not taking any offense from Vos' tone or words, as she either wasn't easily offended, or just wasn't spoken to that way often enough, she just continued to smile at him as he spoke. When he released her arm and walked away from her she pushed back the flap to the tent. "Ok, but know I'm not pressing this because I'm short on time, not because I've given up." She stepped ouside before looking over her shoulder once more at the man, "If you ever want any company Vos, you're welcome in my tent, anytime" she said flirtaciously, shooting him a wink, and she was gone. She knew the main event would be starting soon and she wanted to be rested and prepared. Making her way back to her tent she thought again about Vos, such a strange, secretive and akward man, but for some reason that attracted her to him. She didn't know if it was a childish attraction to something she couldn't have, or a serious attraction, but she didn't think too long about it, as her thoughts drifted back to his secret. She would wait until nightfall when Vos was asleep and sneak into his tent to read the papers. A mischievious smile appeared as she began to feel anxious about the mission, hopefully the show would pass by quickly as she probably wouldn't be able to focus much until she got her hands on that secret.

Esmme

Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 AM

((ALRIGHT!! I will summon people back to let them know the main show is starting. ;) Unfortunately . . . I'll be gone for a week. -_-'))

Lightning_Serah:
WinglessFairy:
Angelo:

The main show in the big top is almost here!

And . . . I apologize, but I'm taking off for a week. ;) Mess around or wait for me to come back; I don't care what you do! Have fun! :lol: (I don't care meaning I do care about you guys - have fun, but don't start the show without me! ;)))

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM

((Sorry for being gone! Was working on my dragoncon cosplay all week and school's started! DX ))

Mach skipped of towards the nearby stream, dragging a little red wagon behind her with empty buckets. She paused for a moment, noticing a crowd of people jeering at the horned-girl's cage.
"Hmm...." She carefully placed her wagon handle down and silently snuck over behind the people looking in, warily watching the commotion.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 PM

Slipping out the back again, Tali mopped her forehead with a handkerchief from her sleeve. The black and white cloth darted over her face before disappearing into thin air. They had certainly loved that trick. Endless handkerchiefs. It was sort of cheesy. At least in the twenty-first century it had been. She had decided to forgo her newest trick tonight. It didn't feel right, so it would have probably failed.

Peeking back through the curtain, Tali smiled as she watched the animated crowds disperse. They were still talking about her show, which made her feel quite good about herself. But it was hot. Tali knew that Vos's tent would be cool. Maybe she could sneak in until it cooled off? Nodding to herself, Tali went to the mechanic's tent. As she walked, several people bumped into her, but when they saw her get-up, they apologized liberally and shouted for everyone to make way. Who knew entertaining had these kinds of privileges?

Upon reaching the tent, she ducked inside, spotting Aura as she walked away. Why would she have been here? Aw well. It wasn't Tali's business. Placing her bum in the corner, quite dark, yet refreshingly cool compared to the heat outside. Hopefully Vos hadn't seen her. He could be... finicky.

Esmme

Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 AM

Vos blushed darkly as Aura left, his gray eyes turning immediately to the drawer with his papers. The dancer's flirtations made him uncomfortable (everything made him uncomfortable). As the engineer found something else to keep his hands busy, he found himself trying to push the scenes out of mind. Glaring at the chittering squirrel that popped up on his table, Reylin finally just brushed the critter away and lifted a tool.

After many minutes of quiet, Vos lifted his head. In the dim lighting he could see better than many of his fellow troupe members . . . and he could have sworn he'd seen a bit of movement near the edge of the tent. With a frown, Reylin set his tools aside and used his wrist to brush silver hair away from his face. "What are you doing in here?" He'd seen Tali's form, but couldn't quite decide which of the other circus members was lurking in his frigid domain.

-

Ay'ren was pressed against the back of the cage with the look of a captured animal in her eyes. The faun scrambled away from the bars as a hand reached for her long white hair. With a yelp she moved for the middle of her space . . . and tried to block out the jeers and jaunts that came through from the outside world.
Hooves clunking against the wood, Ay'ren's large brown eyes were wide and full of fear. It was her first "show," and she had no idea what to expect. Swallowing the lump in her throat, the young creature wrung her hands a few times and skipped about to avoid a few tossed morsels that were thought to be entertaining.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM

Jumping at the sound of Vos's voice directed at her, Tali hesitated before answering. She had obviously been found out, as she knew she would, but it was always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Calming her heart rate, it took her a bit longer to answer than she, or Vos, would have liked.

"It's hot out there," she said simply. "I figured I'd come in here and cool off. I swear I didn't go snooping." She knew how she would react if she found someone going through her stuff, though she probably had a bigger secret than Vos. After all, being immortal reeked of magic, and that was a bad thing nowadays.