maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 AM

She figured she owed him some explanation. "Well, I'm from Boston. I'm traveling for a change in pace and scenery. Life in the big city was getting a bit stifling. I have always wanted to open my own shop and figured if I got out into the countryside I would have a better chance to do that. She smiled at the way she had answered him without revealing exactly who she had run from. It was safer for him this way. What about you? Why are you alone out in the middle of nowhere? Do you have a job or a dream?

Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 AM

West nodded as he listend and smiled, "what is Boston like? I have never been there." he asked as he smiled at her. Though when he heard her he smiled. "I am out here since I never felt complete when in the city and out here I feel at home. Because of that I never really had a full time job, the most I do is fix things for people and get payed." he then smield as he thought of his dream and looked at her, "my dream is to finish what I hav ebeen building, I hope that with it everything will change for me.' he said as he looked at her.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-21-2011, 05:48 AM

She skipped lightly along, Boston. It's big and crowded. Lots of buildings and people. There isn't any grass or trees except at the park or in the gardens of wealthy people. There are always carriages and fancy horses out on the streets. Sometimes there are a few cars, but only the richest have those. If you live in the inner city, then everything you need is in walking distance. If you live in the urban areas then you usually have to rely on the trolley or your own mode of transportation to get anywhere. The sky is blocked out by the tall buildings, but you can see air blimps passing over sometimes. With a shrug, she thought quietly for a moment of her long days in school, at gentlewoman lessons, and stifling parties where the slightest movement could offend someone. Forcing her thoughts to turn to the more cheery life in front of her she asked, What are you building?

Palmoun

Old 12-22-2011, 03:02 AM

West nodded and smiled at her, "It sounds nice but I doubt I could ever live in a place like that. I need to be free and out in the open, like out here." he said as he looked around at the nature that surrounded them. He then smiled when he heard her and looked at her, "I dont really want to tell anyone yet, not untill I have gotten further along with it." he said as he smiled at her.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 AM

She shrugged. Mechanics and inventions. That was a guy's dream world. Her dad was definitely into owning the latest gadgets. In order to maintain his position of power, he had shown off his wealth in a variety of ways. Some of those air blimps were his. And she had been forced to accompany him to parties aboard them. He had his selection of black cars too. She was glad to be away from all that. He didn't care about what he owned, at long as others though better of him for it. West impressed her because he was actually willing to spend time on his work. Hands on time. Something her dad abhorred. Something she was going to have to learn herself. She knew the theories and facts about her plants, but had no actual hands-on experience.

Palmoun

Old 12-23-2011, 02:50 AM

West smiled at her, "once it is done, I will show you but dont laugh at it. I have spent a long time on it and really hope that it works when I first use it." he said as he smiled at her. "so what do you like to do in your free time? I mean you must of done some cool things in boston." he said as he walked and coudl tell that they might get to the town soon.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 AM

She shrugged, "Honestly nothing interesting." She thought about the hours spent learning to write poetry gracefully and serving tea properly. She could be a hostess at any party big or small. She could flatter and win the attentions of any man no matter how severe or timid. But in the end, it was all a game. "I guess what little free time I had I spent outside in the garden. We had a... large garden. Varieties of flowers and such. It was peaceful there. My family is rather... unique. So outtings with family or friends were somewhat stressful. You could have fun though at the cinema or plays. The shopping districts always have fun things to look at too." She looked up and saw chimney smoke rising. Were they nearing town? She looked over at West to see if he noticed and would comment. She was adept at watching others for clues. It kept her from making social blunders.

Palmoun

Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 PM

West nodded as he listened to her and smiled at her, "well if you like your garden so much why dont you start to make one. There is a nice spot of land right next to my house that you can use. That way after you find your herbs that you can grow them and not go looking for them again." he said as he smiled at her. He then sat they were just about there and smiled a little bit more, "well we are just about here, I can show you around if you like." he said as he smiled at her.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2011, 04:56 AM

She grinned That would be great! How big is this town? What kind of shops do they have? Her own garden. She had worked with the grounds keeper when her father wasn't home so she knew what to do. Excitement built up in her at the thought of doing something worthwhile with her own hands. She eagerly looked at the town as they came into view, wondering if she was up to the task of starting a new life.

Palmoun

Old 12-25-2011, 02:31 AM

West smiled when he heard her and then thought, "well it isn't that big, it has the basics. A post office, a grocery store, a bar and just aobut everything else a town needs. It has some people and baiscly it is a really nice place." he said as he smiled at her, "oh and I am sure that we can find some supplies for you to start a garden." he said as he smiled at her as they headed into the town. It was nice and looked to be small and yet big enough at the same time. West was just worried that he might run into some of the guys that didn't really like him. Since some of the towns people found out he was a shifter they didn't like him. They all thought he was some kind of abomination or something along those lines.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-26-2011, 04:20 AM

She grinned back and looked around excitedly. West sure knew a lot. Then again he was a guy. Men had more freedoms then females. She could bet anything he didn't know what it was like to be different and put down. She let the thoughts slip away. No point in dwelling on what couldn't change. Is there already any herbal shops, tea shops, garden shops, or anything else of the sort here? Or am I free of competition? She shot him a huge smile. She knew a little about economics and was curious what he knew about other potential places. Also, he seemed so laid back and fun. He must have a lot of friends. Where are we heading first?

Palmoun

Old 12-26-2011, 04:29 AM

West thought for a few minutes and then shook his head, "we don't really have any of those here. So I am sure that you will have no competition or at least none for a while." he said as he walked with her and Looked around. They had to go to the grocery store and also the supply store. Yet nether of the owners of thenplace really liked him. So he just had to pick which one did he want to face first. He then smiled at her, "how about if we head to the supply store to get what you need for your garden. Then let's head to the grocery store. That way we don't have to carry the food everywhere." he said as he started to head towards the supply store. It was a small place and it was clear that this place was for farming, perfect place to get supplies for a garden.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-26-2011, 04:36 AM

She followed eagerly and excitedly looked around when they got inside. She was relieved to see it would have pretty much anything that she would need. Picking up a shopping basket, she stopped by the implements and picked out a few small hand tools. Keeping count of the total price as she went along carefully in her head, continued to browse. Coming to the seed packets, she started looking through them for ones that she would want but not find out in the woods. This store was pretty basic. She would build her own fence around the garden from what she found in nature. That way she could weave in plants that would act as a repellent to some pests she rather didn't come near. Fertilizer she could also make herself. Fish was a lot more useful than anything found in the stores anyways. Going over the seeds, she started picking out your basic vegetables and a few herbs.

Palmoun

Old 12-26-2011, 04:56 AM

West smiled as he walked inside with her and stayed close to her as they looked. Yet soon he fekt those eyes on him and then thr sound of stomping comeing his way. Soon a big guy came over and he had a shovel with him, "I thouht I'd told ya ta stay outa my shop." he growled at west and he frowned. "I am just here with a friend, mr. Bean, I am not here to cause trouble." he said as he stuck his hands into his pocket and looked over at her and hoped that mr. Bean would do anything stupid. Mr. Bean just glared at him and rose the shovel, "I told ya before, I don't want some abomination in my shop, now GET!" he yelled and west frowned. He wasn't making this easy so he looked at her and then stuck his hand into his pocket. Pulling out some money and stuck some money into her hand and looked at her sadly, "I need to wait outside, but that should be enough." he said and then headed out of there. Once west was out of there mr. Bean calmed down and headed over to the counter and sat down in his chair, relaxing now.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 AM

She stood there eyes wide in shock holding the money. What the heck? She glanced between West's retreating back and the fellow he had called Mr. Bean. She looked around and no one else seemed to pay any mind. She frowned and wondered what right the stranger had had to called West an abomination. Timidly she slowly turned and finished picking out seed packets. Hesitantly she walked around the store picking out fishing line and a pocket knife. Then walked slowly up to the counter. Pardon sir, I'm ready to check out. Why did you call Mr. West an abomination? Did he hurt you or offend you?

Palmoun

Old 12-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Mr. Bean looked at the girl and smirked, she didn't know. "I call it that since that is what it is. That things isn't human or animal. It is evil and I would never trust it with anything. West may be its name yet it is just some kind of thing that can never be trusted." he said as he started to ring up everything. he then bagged everything as he looked at her, "never trust him, it isn't human and it is evil." he said as he took her money and then sent her on her way. West was waiting outside and wondered what Mr. Bean was telling her about him. he had seen him change into many things and because of this he thought that he was the devil.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-27-2011, 01:41 AM

Sakura paid for the purchases with her own money. Unlike West, she was definitely from a wealthy family and she had brought a bit with her. Taking her bag and putting it into her backpack, she left the shop and stepped outside. Walking up beside West, she handed him his money back "I brought plenty with me. Thank you though." She stood there chewing her lip, "Your not well-liked here are you?" She felt kinda bad that she had dragged him along. She didn't understand that man's cryptic warnings, but she liked West. He had been nice to her.

Palmoun

Old 12-27-2011, 05:40 AM

West smiled when she came back out and was surprised when she handed back him moe y. Though he nodded and stuck the Money in his pocket and looked at her, "I am not liked anywhere, it is why I chose to live away from towns." he said and wondered what Bean had told her. "so what did he tell you?" hw said and started to wAlk towards the grocery store. "this way, I need to get some food before we head back." that was if he could get it. Mrs. Dixen wasn't mich of a fan and Prefered it if he just stayed far away but she never turned diwn money from a customer. So as long as he had enough money she woukd be nice enough to le him near her store.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM

She shrugged, Cryptic weird stuff. He called you an it and said you were a devil. You look human to me. Also said weird stuff about not human and not animal. Technically humans are animals. We are in the mammal family after all. Why? She looked at the store they were approaching. Um, if this is going to be another repeat, do you want me to go in for you? She cringed at the thought that small towns were so... well... judgmental. And they were small. Mixed blessing. News of her wouldn't come out this far, most likely. But hate seemed to fill it for those different. So he liked being alone? What harm was there in that?

Palmoun

Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 AM

West nodded and was glad that bean hadn't told her. At least he was decent enough to let him tell her sooner or later. He then sighed, "well let's just say that they don't like me for who I am and what I can do. I will explain everything to you later, butfor now I would like to continue this." he said and then shook his head, "it always happens when ever I come here but I am use to it so I don't mind heading inside. Mrs. Dixen isn't as bad as mr. Bean, so I don't mind going into the grocery store as much." he said ad he got ti the store and opened the door for her. He then smiled at her, "just don't listen to them, I will explain everything later." he said and hoped that no one told her about what he was or what he could do.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 AM

She shrugged. I'll not be nosy if you won't be nosy about me. With that she grinned at him. He couldn't have a big secret like hers. She wasn't stupid. The men her father would send after her could be violent to those she allowed herself to be close to. She was risking him. So she was probably not very safe for him to be around. At least he was nice to her. She looked around the store and tried not to look in the direction of Mrs. Dixen. Townspeople didn't seem very nice.

Palmoun

Old 12-28-2011, 08:17 PM

West smiled when he heard her and was greatful for her not being nosy. Though he knew that she would find out sooner or later. "you will probably find out what they know if your staying with me. But I am warning you now that it is something that most peope cant believe." he said as he looked at her and then started to pick things out in the store. He then heard the sound of foot steps and soon mrs. Dixen was standing infront of him. "I hope you have money because if you dont I am kicking you out." she said as she looked at him. West held up some money and hse calmed down, "I came as a customer, dont I always." he said and mrs. dixen then nodded but then spyed Sakura, "and who might you be and why are you here with this?" she asked as she looked at her.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 AM

Sakura pulled herself into her most dignified and superior posture. Years of practice with her family as models of such behavior did make it rather easy. Are you uneducated or mentally unstable? How prepostorius! She daintily turned her nose into the air and allowed the expensive locket around her neck to be seen. Have you ever had a person come into your store and start picking up a basket of items? Of course! It is a store. That is natural. She paused ran a finger over the surface of the nearby shelf. Cringed and used a hankerchief to wipe the dust off her "dainty" finger. Actually it was rather dainty since she had been raised that way. It didn't take much convincing. Have you ever had a person come into your store and start picking up a basket of items... and not pay for it? With this she gave a significant glance to Mrs. Dixen. Raised an eyebrow. Oh? Cat got you tongue? You truly are a simpleton. You don't know a good thing when you see it. For what you don't know is that this fellow is not... what do you simpletons, mentally unstable, people call them... she acted the "pretend to think" scene... Oh yes. Evil. With a laugh, Sakura prepared for the final onslaught at the unsuspecting woman. Ma'am. Your kind also used to think that the world was flat, the earth the center of the universe, solar eclipses the Apocalypse, and germs nonexistant. She smiled a cold smile. So let me ask you, were you really asking West if he had money?

She turned and started walking down the aisle with her head held high. She called out over her shoulder, I hope not. I rather like to think I am shopping in a respectable establishment. Otherwise I would think my life in danger. Good thing I made West my bodyguard. She glanced over her shoulder at her for the final blow. A priest told me West was handpicked by God before birth to serve humanity in wondrous ways. With that she proceeded to the spice section of the store and waited there looking over the pepper and oregano while listening for disbelief and stammering that were sure to follow.

Palmoun

Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 AM

Mrs. Dixen was surprised when she heard Sakura though as she walked and she heard her last statment she laughed. It was the kind of laugh that made you wonder what was so funny. ONce Mrs. Dixen managed to calm herself she looked at Sakura, "what priest were you talking to? if any found out what west could do they would hunt him down and kill him." she said as she walked down towards Sakura, "now I wasn't implying that he didn't ahve the money I just wanted to make it clear that I am watching him. I always watch him, I never know when he might do something." she said and once she was infront of Sakura. "now it is clear to me that you dont know a damned thing about west. ONce you actually do know him you probably wont want him anywhere close. He may or could be a great bodyguard but I would be concerned about what he would do to me. Since he is more animal then man I would fear he woudl turn on me. For his hands may appear human but they can grow claws in seconds and kill you just as fast." she said as she looked at her. She then got into her face. Her face was only a inch away, "and dont talk to me like I know nothing for I know far more then you will. Now I will leave you but the next time you think about talking up you better have all the information you need." she said and then walked off. West just stood there and was very thankfull for Sakura for trying to stand up for him yet she didn't know everything. She didn't know that hte first time a priest looked at him and saw waht he coudl do he threw holy water on him and chanted about god. Walking over he said softly, "thanks." she said softly and then started to gather the food he needed.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-29-2011, 02:55 AM

Sakura glared after her. She didn't like this lady. She meant to start pulling some fast ones of her own. She checked her bag and pulled out the business card of her priest. He was an unusual man whom her father didn't approve of. Probably why she kept going back to him. He had the special gift from God to communicate with animals. His daughter had the special gift of helping plants to grow, heal, or be reborn through her singing. Neither of them had ever said anything about changing body parts. She shook her head. Where did people like them and West come from? Of course, the priest kept his ability a secret. She was just clever and caught him was all. She was young enough at the time to blindly trust. She was also hurt enough by her family that she wisely didn't tell them her findings.

Following West silently around the store, she wondered if he could transform more than his hands. Go he, say, become a legendary griffon or a dragon! She mentally shook her head. Yeah right. He had a special ability and he would talk about it when he could. She was curious, but still upset at the lower class commoner for being so rude. She wasn't used to the common people being anything but deferential to her even if they had other opinions. Though she rarely embarrassed or ill used one, it had never been rebuffed before when she had.