Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:25 PM

It was rather late at night, and the full moon lit the entire woods, beaming down between soft rustling trees. The pack was together, and singing loudly, though Inny felt no true reason to sing tonight. Their singing was a way to communicate, a stream over here, a fallen tree over there, as well as a pleasure and a necessity. It helped the pack bond. A strong pack was a living pack.

But tonight was the first on a long road to peace. And the reddish white wolf barreling through the brush was part of that road. The cat clan (Who cared what they called themselves.) would be meeting them in a clearing not far from where the pack was at the moment. Their separate leaders had met once before, and was the whole reason Inny's heart wasn't in her song.

Wolves normally named their cubs long after they were born, based on abilities or characteristics. Intuition was no different, and her knack for avoiding trouble earned her her name. But, the female had no idea how to avoid this disaster. At the previous meeting, it was decided on marriage for the two species would be the best for both. They would join their kin, and end the feud.

Wolves mated for life, though. And Inny didn't want to be chained to a worthless, sneaky cat. Her parents refused to listen, and were pushing through with it, however.

Finally, the wolves burst into the bright clearing, separated by a small stream, bubbling away. Most of them shifted into human form, so they would be able to speak. Inny, however, elected her wolf form, and sat with an undignified flop. It wasn't that she was embarrassed by her human form. She was rather short, and didn't have many curves, but she was still fairly attractive. Her clothes usually tried to accentuate that, more often than not being pink and puffy. The truth was she felt more able to defend herself, and it would give her a chance to evaluate the man she was supposed to marry.

(I hope this was what you had in mind.)

Last edited by Kisu; 03-14-2012 at 11:34 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 AM

Running under the full moon. It should have been a joy but he had a hard time keeping up with everyone else. Short, tiny, legs propelled him forward while the others moved sleekly trough the forest. Clement had no idea why he'd been stuck with such a puny form, but he hated it! Oh how he wished to have been a majestic lion, but instead his feline form had to be a sand cat. His sisters liked him, and all the women cooed when he trotted by but without this arranged marriage he'd never have found anyone willing to be his mate.

In a way he was grateful, as long as his mate didn't eat him alive. As long as they could be friends, Clement would be happy. More nervous then anything else, he stumbled and rolled head over rump. It was hilarious to watch the tiny ball of fur rolling over itself into the clearing, and adorable too. All the while the cat meowed pitifully at being embarrassed so soon.

Mumbling to himself he shifted so he towered over everyone else with his creamy white hair and green eyes. Tugging up the white jeans that hung around his hips, he settled down upon the ground to survey everyone else in the clearing carefully.
His mother stepped forward, imposing as always despite her petite size. "As we have agreed, my son Clement shall become mate to your daughter, Intuition. They will spend a month with the wolves first, and then shall spend the same amount of time with the feline clans. After that, it will be their choice." It had already been agreed upon, but it was always safer to make sure.

Meanwhile Clement listened. Listened and wondered about his bride to be. She probably hated him already without even knowing him!

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 03-15-2012 at 01:33 AM..

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 AM

The wolves had been talking amongst themselves, tiny woofs and a few snapping jaws filled the clearing. Despite the banter, they were listening closely over their own sounds, for soft footfalls, and the unmistakable aroma of cats.

Soon, it came, and Inny lifted a paw, scratching at her nose. She hadn't been close to the cats before, but that scent had been bred into her for generations, along with a strong dislike of it. Soon enough, cats of various sizes and shapes entered the clearing. Near the end, a rather tiny soft yellow form came sprawling, which Inny automatically labeled not a threat, by it's sheer size. Kitten. She assumed as it mewled pathetically. She opened her maw and panted heavily, laughing. A friend of hers, Dash, stood nearby in his human form, and mimicked her.

She was taken aback a moment later as he shifted. Not a kitten at all-but a full grown man! Her jaw remained open for a few moments as a female from the other clan spoke, though Inny didn't pay her any attention. Then her mother was nudging her forward, and flipping her ears in annoyance. Inny understood why and shifted quickly. She smoothed her dress out nervously. The slim pink thing accentuated the curves most shirts covered, ending just above her ankles to expose the flat strapped shoes she wore. Her eyes were a soft golden hue, flecked with green, though the gold seemed to pop more in her wolf form. Her hair was an almost impossible shade of blonde, so light it seemed white. The roots were the reddish hue of her undercoat, making it seem like she dyed her hair.

Still rather nervous, she glanced to her father before taking a final step forward, glancing at the male cats in curiosity, wondering which was to be 'hers'.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 AM

((His eyes are green now,))

He'd noted absentmindedly the mockery he so often endured from his own people. The sand cats had a reason for being small, for being able to survive on nearly nothing at all! Despite it all, the size and cuteness of his other form led to much dissent. The thought brought a small hiss from Clement just as one of the wolves who'd laughed at him shifted to move forward. This was going to be just great... The wolf woman already thought he was a squeamish, puny, little kitty.

Glancing at his mother, Clement rolled to his feet gracefully and moved forward. Bending his six foot two frame in half, he let his emerald eyes fall upon the young woman. She seemed a younger then his twenty four years, though that might all have been an illusion wrought by her small size and athletic frame. "Intuition, I'm Clement it's a pleasure to finally meet you at last." Inwardly the sand cat prepared himself for her complete and utter refusal of him.

It was a good thing that there was no true choice in this. No choice meant that no refusal would be accepted, no matter the reasons. Nervousness suddenly gripped Clement's heart as he stood, or at least tried to. Instead the young man stumbled clumsily , when all he wanted to do was impress this woman that he at least wanted to be friends with.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 AM

(Alright, noted.)

While her eyes roved over the males, one Inny hadn't even counted shifted, and she automatically shifted to evaluate him. Without meaning to, she stepped back, her eyes widening. The...not-kitten man was there. Oh jeez. Intuition felt her cheeks burn as she realized she'd laughed at her intended just a few moments ago.

Behind her, Dash had broken into peels of laughter. Inny attempted to ignore him, focusing on the man. He gave her a polite bow, and, though it felt awkward and went against her instincts, Inny curtsied, lowering her head slightly. She rose gracefully, her mother's lessons burned into her.

And then he stumbled. Unable to help herself, the female glanced back to her family, a rather hopeless and pleading look on her face. Dash seemed unable to help himself. His laughter increased in intensity though Inny's mother stretched her neck out and nipped him, and the male fell into silence, though he still grinned broadly. Intuition groaned inwardly. She'd never be able to live this down. Her dream of a provider for her and pups seemed to crack a bit. How could this miniature stumbling oaf provide for her? And she couldn't have pups with him. Her children would be strange hybrids.

The shifter seemed to collect herself a moment later, and looked back to Clement, though she couldn't quite wipe the look of despair from her face. "It's...an honor?" She winced, her voice coming out more as a question that a statement. A quiet woof from behind her spurred her on. "I would be honored to welcome you into our..." Another quick glance backwards. "Pack. Would you care to see our home?" The female may as well get this over with. She frowned slightly, glancing up and down his tall frame. It would take forever to get back to the ranch either way!

Last edited by Kisu; 03-15-2012 at 05:16 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 AM

((O gosh, this is gonna be sooo much fun to rp, I'm laughing already thinking of what we can make happen.))

Clement couldn't help himself, his nails sharpened as he clenched his fists. Blood welled from the small wounds as he shot a dangerous glare at the male who cackled away. A tap on his shoulder from one of his sisters reminded him of the person he really needed to concentrate on. But oh, Clement couldn't wait until he showed that jackal of a man that, despite his tiny shape as a shifter and apparent clumsiness, he could take him down.

Letting out a small hiss of warning, Clement shook his head for a moment before returning his eyes to Intuition. Smiling broadly the cat lifted a hand and held it out to Intuition. "It's my honor, truly." A growing need to prove himself to the wolf latched itself firmly into Clement's heart. There had to be a way to show everyone that size didn't matter. Though the endeavor seemed doomed to fail before it even began.

Bending down, Clement whispered into her ear. She looked desperate to be away from him, especially after that disastrous stumble of his. "I would love to see your home, I do have to ask one tiny little favor. Give me a chance, just as I will give you one. Otherwise our lives will be miserable and I'm pretty sure neither of us want that," said the white haired shifter pleasantly. Straightening once more Clement reached out to grasp the wolf's hand lightly in his larger, callused, one. The claws were once more gone, so that only human nails adorned his fingers.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 AM

(So much possible. It shall be epic! ^u^ )

As soon as the hiss came from the cat, a growl answered it, echoed by others in the pack, reminding Inny of the tension they were trying to lay to rest. Many of the wolves were standing, and focusing on Clement, hackles risen. The alpha female of the group snarled, and they quieted, though none of them laid down. The alpha male simply yawned and looked away.

Intuition, however, stood silently, eyeing the hand the other shifter held out to her distastefully. Before she could move to either take it or brush it away, Clement had lowered himself a bit. Inny felt her body tense, and resisted the urge to bite out at the invasion of her space. Then the cat's warm breath washed over her ear, sending a shiver down her spine. His words his home, and then he took her hand. Once again, she glanced down at them, noting the roughness. At least he wasn't lazy, then.

After a brief hesitation, she gave him a slight nod, and sighed. She removed her hand from the boy's, though she did so gently, not wishing to offend. One by one, the wolves moved into the trees, ready to leave the felines far behind, though they all hesitated in the treeline, not trusting the cats enough to leave a member of their pack alone with them. "R-ready?" Inny asked, once again nervous. It was miles back to the ranch, and a wolf's lope could cover the ground easily, but she had no doubt her pack mates would leave her to handle her...kitten alone.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 AM

((I think Clement is gonna surprise her. He's stubbornly watched how squirrels jump from branch to branch. XD))

The felines had no compunction about leaving Clement behind because they knew him too well to believe that anything would stop him from doing exactly as he wished. Of them all, perhaps he was the one who embodied the independent nature of their cat cousins the best. In fact when the others left him behind on their romps he sat, ears swiveling and tail twitching, watching squirrels in their play to learn how to make the trees his road. After that no one ever suggested leaving little Clement behind, and this he would show the wolves including his bride to be.

The thoughts flew trough his mind in a few moments. Shifting slightly up onto the balls of his feet, then letting them fall again, Clement shrugged. "Don't worry, I'll keep up if that's what you're worried about." Grinning after speaking so boldly, the cat became a feline in truth. Running trough the grass he vaulted up to a tree and clambered up by digging his claws deep into the bark. Soon enough the cream ball of fur was jumping lightly from branch to branch agilely above the wolves, somehow keeping pace with them now.

Maybe it was unusual to see a cat acting like a squirrel, but that wasn't all Clement was. A man in beast form, but he was a man still and that intelligence always helped him overcome troubles that the animal cousins simply could not understand. As long as there were trees, keeping up with the wolves would be no problem. The way things were going it looked like that was too much to wish for, then he'd have to figure out a way to get out of it. Some said he'd used up all his nine lives and was upon his last, a rumor that Clement hoped was far from true.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 AM

(Surprise her? Ohhhh! So cute!)

The wolf politely decided to ignore his remark, and watched as his shifted. A loud laugh resounded through the trees again-Dash. Inny looked down with a sigh, eying the tiny fluff that was supposed to be her manly husband. A second later, however, she was free again, bounding on four legs.

It was strange to see Clement moving above them, and Inny half expected his little light colored body falling from the trees. He seemed clumsy enough...

Eventually, the pack broke through the trees, shifting back to human form. It was a short walk to the house, though very few wolves moved into the two story ranch house, the rest slipping into cars and driving off. Inny glanced upwards again, before shifting into her human form. There neighbors were a few miles away, but they weren't allowed to take risks. She waited patiently for the cat, panting from the exertion. When she could see him, she began talking, her words running together in her nervousness. "I don't know how you guys do things, but since we run a business, we don't want out reputations ruined, so we try very hard to keep us being found out." She motioned to the house, lights flipping on. "It'll be my parents, my sister, and Dash." She flushed a bit, and messed with the sleeve of her dress. "He was an outlier. He'd left his pack, so we accepted him into ours. Just ignore him. So...Uhm. What do you do for a living?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM

(I kinda wanna know what Clement would say if he could hear her thoughts. Instead of a manly husband, she got a tiny fluff!)

Once the trees ended the cat stayed up in them for a few moments more. Clement would have been content to stay there and watch everyone's actions but he didn't have that luxury. Instead he flipped off his branch while shifting at the same time. Somehow the cat-turned-man managed to land nimbly upon his feet before Intuition. Laughing breathlessly, he ran a hand trough his unruly hair.

"We've got a horse ranch a ways back. People don't ask too many questions about seeing so many cats around, and when we shift ... Well we usually go into a room, scope it out, then turn." Shrugging, he made no comment about knowing who would be staying in the home. As for what he did for a living, well he didn't want to talk about that just yet. Somehow he didn't think she would approve of his turning some adventures he'd had into stories and selling them off to magazines. At the same time, it was almost a cover up. Who would ever believe anything published in a fantasy magazine was true?

Curiosity suddenly became a driving force for the cat shifter. "So tell me about your family. Is your sister as annoying as mine?" Reaching down to tug playfully at the wolf girl's other sleeve, he tried to figure out how to make her more comfortable around him. It seemed like her attitude had already shifted just a little bit anyway. Still, their clans had been at each others throats for quite a bit. Just the marriage wasn't enough, they actually needed to show everyone that this could work, that cats and wolves could get along without making a mess of everything.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 AM

(Hehe, I'm sure he'll hear it before long.)

The light haired female stepped back in alarm as Clement plopped in front of her, then narrowed her eyes. She didn't like how bouncy he was. It made her so uneasy. She didn't like things being above her, or not being able to keep track. She'd have to slip him some add medicine or something...

"We don't work with many horses. We've got cows and deer. Some buffalo. And of course, dogs. Horses don't like us sitting on them too much." She grinned mischievously, though in the moonlight, her shining teeth seemed to be more bared than anything.

The male tugged her dress sleeve, making Inny jump a bit. "S-sorry..." She apologized, then explained. "We were told since we were young to be wary of you cats. Hard to change." The question made her wince. It was actually something she'd been thinking about on the way there. If her sister had made it ahead of her on the pecking order, it would be Breeze attached to him. "Annoying? No. Basically, according to pack law, I get my way over her.So, she doesn't really get a chance to annoy me. If she gets too bad, I just chase her around a bit and nibble her tail." The mischievous grin returned for a moment.

"You have a sister, then. Any other family members?" Inny began trudging towards the house, glancing towards the sky. "How does your family work?" From what she knew about most cats, they didn't have the structure her family had. Even the dogs they 'adopted' had a place in their pecking order, and a simple warning growl from someone higher than them sent them scurrying.

The wolves weren't all about aggression though. Very rarely did things turn into an actual fight. Most fights were playful. A way to bond and test the other. Intuition glanced over with a frown. She was a rather small wolf, and in his other form Clement wasn't even half as tall as her, and only as long as her tail. If he couldn't wrestle or play tag and hide and seek, how would he fit in with her family at all? There was no question in Inny's mind that they would live with her family once the time with the cats was done. It simply was that way, and didn't occur any other way.

Last edited by Kisu; 03-15-2012 at 03:21 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM

Once Inny's apologies had been waved off casually Clement wrapped an arm gently around her shoulders. "Sounds like a pretty interesting relationship." Slipping forward as he talked he could only hope that the wolf would let him rest his arm against her without complaint. Either way they were still stuck together. "We do kind of have a pecking order, but it doesn't come into play very much because we tend to wander about without bothering anyone else." Only when large gatherings were taking place did such things even show.

Walking silently for a few moments of thought, Clement tried to figure out how to answer her other words. "My mother was the one who spoke up at the meeting earlier tonight. My father wasn't present, well he never is. He's always wandering off with some she-cat. I don't even want to get into how many half-siblings I have." And that right there was another reason why he'd been looking forward to this arranged marriage. Finally having a whole family had sounded like such a wonderful thing up until the point the wolves had started laughing at him. It seemed like that would never change no matter where he went.

Somehow catching on to the worry Intuition felt, Clement sighed. "Look just tell me what you're worrying about. I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with my small size in my feline form." That was always the trouble. Remembering the disappointment his mother had shown the first time he'd changed brought a grimace to his face. Turning his head from Intuition he let out a small meowing sound without really caring about how pitiful it sounded, since that was exactly how he felt at the moment. Strange to think that such a tall man could make such a vulnerable sound, but it couldn't be denied.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:34 PM

Lost in her thoughts, Inny had barely noticed when Clement slipped beside her, and rested his arm on her shoulders. She tensed quickly, glancing at him in surprise. She hadn't expected this, to be honest. She'd expected more of a stand-offish and self absorbed man. This, though, was rather nice. She relaxed slowly. "Why so independent?" Intuition questioned, tilting her head. "Don't you ever get lonely, being like that?" She couldn't imagine life without the various noises and quirks of her family.

As Clement continued, Inny found herself frowning. "I'm sorry." She apologized earnestly. "It must be so difficult for you..." She hesitated, trying to be tactful. As usual, it failed miserably, and Intuition found herself simply asking what was nagging at her. "So...you cats don't mate for life? How is this marriage supposed to work if that's the case..." She leaned against Clement slightly. He was right, and they didn't have much of a choice in the matter, so at the very least she could attempt to be friends and give the feline the benefit of the doubt.

When he spoke next, Inny found herself mentally cursing. She didn't want to point and yell that he was a tiny pipsqueak she could swallow in one bite. While she was racking her brain for a polite answer, the male turned away and mewled, and the wolf couldn't help the groan that lifted out of her throat. "Well...yeah..." Intuition stated, giving a tiny sigh. "Every since Breeze and I were young, we were told stories of the lengths our father went to to provide for Mom while she was pregnant. It was fascinating, and I always dreamed of who my mate would be. Someone strong and handsome and...well...just...bigger, maybe." She gave him a sheepish glance. "I can't figure out how you'll hunt with the pack or how you'll find your place. I mean, it's alright. We'll take care of you and bring you food when we hunt, but. That's what we have to do for the sick or injured. I don't want anyone to see my mate like that." She hesitated slightly, before admitting with her wolfish honesty, "I thought you were a kitten when I first saw you. You just look like one of Dash's hairballs...I'm sorry, though..." Once again, her apology was sincere, and she didn't speak in a cruel tone, just matter of factly.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM

Letting out a small disgruntled sound, he shrugged. "Need you ask after seeing how everyone treats me because of my size? They don't even take into account how tall I am in this form." Clement felt heat rise to his cheeks as he realized that he'd been letting his mouth run away with him again. Blabbering out all his worries hadn't been his plan at all. "As for hunting, look it's not like I can't do that it's just that my prey is vastly different. Birds instead of deer, you know that type of thing."

Turning his mind to the only other thing Intuition had mentioned that didn't have to do with his size Clement latched on to the subject. "Cats make up their own minds about everything. It's on a shifter to shifter basis. My mom is trying to find a mate who thinks like she does but so far no luck. I was the only one of her kits who wanted to do this, and I'm the eldest anyway so it ended up working out well. I've dreamed of having a family like yours, so tight knit..." Words turning wistful, Clement fell into silence.

Dash, why did he dislike the wolf without even seeing him? He hopped the one who'd started laughing at him was going to stay far away from him. That one would get it the next time he saw him. Feeling the hairs on the back of his neck lifting, Clement took deep calming breaths. In time he would manage to be accepted by the wolves, he hopped.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM

"I didn't say you didn't look good as a human." Inny attempted to explain and console the male. "You do! But...it's always been ingrained into me how important my mate would be. And...knowing you could drag a deer home to me when I can't hunt. I mean you could always stop by the grocery store or something, it's just a tradition, but to see you coming to drop birds in front of me. It's just...differet...than I've always imagined."

She fell silent, mulling over what he said next. At least he would be faithful. She didn't have to worry about that. But, then again, cats were fickle. What if he got bored and decided to find a new mate? She didn't voice that, instead nodding, and trying to focus on the more serious issues. "Look. You are right. You were right. We don't have much of a choice. Even if I don't like your form, I'll have to get used to it. I'm mainly worried about the pack. They are going to want to find your place, and I don't think they'll accept fluff they can toss around as an alpha. We decide things by nice and clean fair fights. I just don't see how you'll stand up to any of them."

She took a few deep breaths, then sighed. "We'll take it as we go, I guess. Why don't you just tell me more about yourself?" Inny suggested. "What do you like to do? How old are you? Some favorites?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM

This time a hissing warning left his lips before Clement could bite the sound down. Green eyes flashing angrily, he turned to Intuition. Crossing his arms he glared down at the wolf. "I can hold my own against anyone, don't you dare say otherwise. Someday I'll prove it to you, and everyone else too." Anger falling away as quickly as it had come he sighed and rubbed an embarrassed hand across his head. It was always like this. From the first transformation to the most recent, o well that was enough self pity for the night.

"Sorry it just gets me riled up when people think I can't do things." Glancing at the ranch he then looked up at the sky. Drinking in the sight along with the scent of everything around helped calm his mood, and soothed all at the same time. "I'm 24. Favorite things, let's see ... Chasing mice, running around, writing stories. It's hard to think of everything like this. What about you?" He hoped she wasn't too much younger then him. That would just be awkward, not to mention wrong. Sure it had been done like that years before, but that just wasn't right during these days, these times.

((Bleh, blank!))

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM

As soon as the hiss came from Clement, Inny had wiggled away, growling and snapping her jaws together once. Even once he had apologized, she continued to glare. "Don't rattle off about someday. Just do it, then!" She retorted, and folded her arms over her chest. Her challenge to the male.

She relaxed after a few more steps, glancing over, listening to the man speak. "I'm twenty five. Most people think I'm younger, since I'm so short. I don't write much, but I like to read. I love to sing. Other than that I don't have much free time. I work a lot. Especially lately. It tends to take my mind off of things. I've been worried, ya know? With this marriage looming. Anyway, come on in. We ate earlier, but I think my mom is heating some stuff up."

They'd reached the ranch house while she spoke, and without waiting for Clement, Inny rushed up the stairs, bursting inside, the screen door bouncing off the wooden frame.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM

This whole situation was a huge mess. Clement had somehow managed to get Intuition's back up so soon, and he'd no idea how to fix it. No that wasn't true, he did know the cat shifter just didn't think he could do it. Despite his ever brave and confident words there was still some doubt within him about himself. Maybe everything the others said had some kernel of truth within.

"Sounds like you really don't want to go trough with this," mumbled Clement as the door slammed. Shaking his head, he followed the wolf shifter at a more sedate pace. Once inside he waited to know what he was supposed to do. It was hard to know when everything in this place, the rules and hierarchy , emanated an alien feel.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM

The room was huge. The whole downstairs seemed like one big floor. Almost everything was wooden as well. Inny stood at the counter, filling a plate up impossibly high. "C'mon!" She nodded to the food and glanced towards Clement. "We eat after my parents, but before Breeze." She paused to nod to the blond leaning on the fridge, who stuck her tongue out. Inny returned the face, and turned back to her food. "It'll be like that until you find your place in the pack." She explained, finally balancing the plate and settling down at the table, where there was already a place set for Clement.

Breeze glanced at the male, evaluating him carefully, though she didn't move. Eventually, she raised a hand and spoke. "Hey. Everyone just kinda does there own thing at home. Don't be nervous. We don't bite much."

(I'm kinda getting blanks too...)

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM

((O.O Wah, I just imagined Clement in one of the outfits from Lady Marmalade *shudder* Remind me not to listen to it while rping a guy.))

Noting Intuition's instructions, he moved to the counter to pluck at something. Though he shouldn't have, he nibbled on the carrot lightly before grabbing his plate and putting a mountain of food on it. Glancing at Inny's sister with innocent green eyes, he winked at her before moving to sit down.

"So I noticed that your names all have the same kind of feel to them, is there a reason for that?" Curiosity, another trait the man shared with his feline brethren. Asking was the easiest way to learn. Gathering knowledge happened to be something Clement loved to do, but had forgotten to mention earlier. Soon enough it was going to be obvious when he pestered everyone with his questions.

((Oh it's early yet, I'm sure thing's ll pick up.))

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 PM

(Lady Marmalade? I think it will too.)

Inny looked far too busy doing a magic trick and making her food disappear far too quickly, though neatly. Her mother paused with her plate to answer. "Traditionally, wolves are named after two things, nature or abilities. Breeze was named for her speed. Inny avoided a rabbit trap just a few days after she started changing. We don't name them until they've shown something. Of course, in public we give them names."

The alpha male interrupted with a grin, revealing where Inny got her mischievous side. "It was funny. People asked how Sarah was doing and I had to give them a strange look. They thought they'd gotten the girls' names wrong." He chuckled.

Breeze flopped down next to Inny, and eyed a choice piece of meat. The girl moved her plate further away from her sister. "What's your name mean?" She questioned Clement curiously.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM

((A song from Moulin Rouge))

Relaxing after a few unexpected moments of nervousness, the cat shifter grinned. Somehow he managed a fair imitation of a cat out hunting as he started to gobble up his food. All the while he listened attentively and laughed. "Must have been great seeing their faces." Thinking about a situation like that made it difficult to even remember the doubt that had filled him moments before.

Turning to Intuition, he shrugged while finishing to chew on a piece of meat. "It means 'merciful'. Our shifter clan names children with wishes. My mother hoped I would be a tiger, or some other big cat, so the name fit at the time." And that had turned out to be completely different. It was no use crying over spilled milk. Of course not, because that was an excuse to drink it all up. Smiling at his thought, Clement stretched languidly then ended up resting his elbows casually on the table.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:05 PM

(Oh, I've heard of that, and I remember the previews. -shudders- Poor Clement!)

"You've got no idea." The male stated with another grin, before standing. He dropped his plate in the sink, earning a glare from his mate as he strode from the room, until she focused on their guest.

"We have an extra room made up next to Inny's upstairs. I'm sure she'll show you where everything is." She didn't look particularly happy about the situation, but if it meant peace for her people, she'd go through with it. "Make yourself at home here. The beds made and there are extra blankets in you closet. I tried to pick up anything a man might need while I was shopping. Dash's clothes should fit you. Well, the pants may be a tad too short on you, but everything else should do well. We keep a list of groceries and the like on the fridge. If you need anything, write it down." She gave him a nod and smile, and took her plate, scraping it and tucking hers and her husbands into the dishwasher neatly.

Intuition finished her plate while her mother spoke, and slipped a piece of roast from Breeze, though the blond glared at her sister. Once Clement finished eating and speaking, She seemed to slump in her chair, lifting a hand to cover her yawn. She nodded to show the yawn wasn't intended for him. "That's a pretty cool thing. 'Merciful'. Hmmm." She nodded. "I like it. Did her wish come true? Are you 'merciful'?" Intuition leaned forward, a rather playful look on her face as she teased the boy.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 PM

Clement knew that soaking in what information he could about the pack, about the wolves, was essential. It felt like he should have had a notebook to write down every single detail he learned. With a nod and a smile he answered both the elder wolves silently, but politely.

Smooth glass clinked against metal as Clement padded towards the sink to put his things away. Once that was done, he settled down beside Intuition once more. "I hope so. Haven't had much chance to test it out though." Shrugging lightly, he bumped his shoulder onto Intuition with a playful grin.

Exploring sounded like a wonderful thing to his mind. There was so much to see! "You know what, I really want to go poking around everywhere. Can we?" By now he was nearly bouncing of his seat with excitement. There was just so much to see. Bright eyed with white teeth showing, Clement reached out to tug lightly at Intuition's hand.

Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 AM

The female returned his grin with her own. Maybe this union wouldn't be so bad, not if her mate was so playful.

She hopped up quickly at the invitation, excitement bubbling. She was tired, sure, but this would give her time to get to know Clement, plus have some fun. "Yes!" She answered enthusiastically, already heading towards the door. "Where you wanna go?" She paused and glanced back to her sister. "Do my dishes and I'll cook on your day?" She offered. The blonde hopped up with a nod. She hated any domestic duty, and if all she needed to do was put a few dishes in the dishwasher, she'd gladly trade and hour of cooking.

(Sorry, my brain is dying. Heading to bed.)