Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 PM

Do you have any other characters you want to add? (:
I don't think I have any, so I'm ready to start as soon as you are!

I like to just throw people in willy nilly. I don't think they need to have profiles or anything if they are very, very minor.

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-12-2015, 12:00 PM

Well, then, I think I'm good to go as well :) I'm also comfortable with coming up with npcs on the fly. If you want to get the thread set up, I'll get my profile together too. Well, yay :D

Kory

Old 08-12-2015, 05:35 PM

Alright! I'll get the thread set up then we can get the ball rolling!

---------- Post added 08-12-2015 at 02:05 PM ----------

Alright, I've got the thread set up,

Before I post my character profile, I wanted to get your opinion to make sure everything looks good(?):

The Prince and The Peasant

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Oooh, nice :)

Once you post your profile, I'll post mine to make sure it matches setup of yours. I've got pretty much everything ready to go. Yay I'm excited :D First forum rp in forever for me.

I did have one question, though? I was trying to figure out a good age for her. I know historically putting her as young as 12 is accurate (though I feel highly uncomfortable going -that- young, I think I'd go 14 at the absolute youngest), but I think I might feel better putting her at 18 for comfort level and menewsha's rules sake - would that be okay even though that's really not very accurate for the time period? I might be able to stretch and make some story reason for her being still unmarried at that age if I think really really hard on it :P lol

Kory

Old 08-12-2015, 07:59 PM

Yay! :) I'm sure it will be a ton of fun!

I didn't even think about that for historical accuracy. I would also feel very uncomfortable for her to be that young, even 14 is kind of a stretch for me. My character is a bit older, I mean, he has been married an awful lot of times. (Around late 20s) I'd feel more comfortable with her being 18 too, to close the age gap a bit.

That could also be a better reason for the king to pick her, as she's older, maybe he feels they'd have more in common, or he's attracted to the uniqueness of an unmarried woman instead of the typically young brides he's been married to in the past?

Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-12-2015, 08:08 PM

Okay, that works well, then :) *pfew* lol..

I think then maybe she's from a poor family with too many daughters older than herself, so with so little dowry to give by the time it got to her, well she pretty much got stuck in the spinster role as dad couldn't negotiate any deals for her. So then it would be a relief to have someone, anyone come along and be like, wait, you mean that fully developed young woman never got taken? :O I'll take her off your hands! lol XD

Kory

Old 08-12-2015, 11:21 PM

Haha, yess! This sounds great!
I am so excited to start this RP.
My character would greatly appreciate marrying a fully grown woman rather than a kid. xD

Kory

Old 09-17-2015, 01:24 AM

Updated.

Still looking, I'm especially excited about the Faun x Human pairing as well as Governess x Master of the House.

Also, to those who are interested in starting a roleplay with me, I have been a little bit busy lately with many things going on in my life, but I will remain faithful to any future roleplays regardless.

I'm also open to other ideas if you have any. Suggest me things and I'll let you know if it tickles my fancy.

As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of unique pairings and I have really specific plot ideas.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-17-2015, 02:13 AM

Hey there. I really would like to rp with you again. The faun plot sounds rather interesting!

Kory

Old 09-18-2015, 01:10 AM

Hey there, Kat!
It would certainly be fun RPing with you, I loved our last RP and it does suck that it's on ice right now.
But I'd be happy to RP with you again! I'm so glad you find the faun plot interesting.

Do you have any ideas or anything you want to add to it?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-18-2015, 01:21 AM

Yeah, I totally miss that one too.

I was thinking I'd like to play the human and I'd either do some sort of protector or clueless type. Maybe there's another land or realm and they just stumbled in and feel hard for the plight of this area. Maybe there is a higher love for nature where the human is from, a sort of in tune-ness with it.

Kory

Old 09-18-2015, 01:33 AM

The vampire RP will be forever missed.

That sounds awesome, I like that. It might make the human feel like a bit of an outsider being in the new surroundings and having the townsfolk be less in tune with nature.
I wouldn't mind playing the faun. You think we'll need any other characters that will need profiles?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-18-2015, 01:56 AM

maybe at another date we can try to use those characters again. Who knows.

yeah, I think it could be pretty neat. The human would feel more accepted and in place in the forest than in the towns.
hm...not at the moment anyway.

Kory

Old 09-18-2015, 09:44 PM

Hopefully. :( I really did love our characters!

That does sound really awesome! I think this will be a great roleplay.
I'm super interested in finding out more about your character!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-18-2015, 09:47 PM

What else do we need to discuss? Any particular orientation you want to write in terms of romance that might be?

Kory

Old 09-19-2015, 12:15 AM

Mm, I don't think there's anything else we need to discuss really. Do you have any regional names you think might fit the town and surrounding forest?
I don't mind any orientation. Since I'm playing the faun, I had in mind a female character, but it's up to you if you want to use a male or female. I don't mind either way.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-19-2015, 12:43 AM

not off the top of my head. I usually make that stuff up as I go alone. I figure there can be a large mountain range on this continent though and my character is from the other side. It would be fun to draw a map some time.
I was thinking a male character so that works for me. I'm not that picky.

Kory

Old 09-19-2015, 03:29 AM

That does sound great!
That would make it easier,I'm think, for the human character to feel alienated among the other humans in town.

I'm incredibly excited, this will be great.
If there's nothing else that needs to be discussed I guess I can get to work on my character profile and we can probably set up the thread soon.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-19-2015, 04:37 AM

Yeah, and for two completely different cultures to clash. Such difference comes about most easily where greater isolation is. I figure the two sides of the mountain range have had little contact with each other.

Do you want to start it or shall I?

Kory

Old 09-19-2015, 03:09 PM

It doesn't matter to me. When I start a thread I tend to take a while because I make it really fancy and pretty. Haha.

If you want to start you can, and I'll follow your lead.
But if you don't mind waiting a while I can scrap together some pictures and fonts to make the thread.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-19-2015, 04:03 PM

I don't mind waiting. It won't be pretty if I make it.

Kory

Old 09-21-2015, 09:35 AM

I will get it posted today then!
:) Sorry it took me a while, but I'll definitely get it posted today.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-21-2015, 04:07 PM

It's quite alright. Let me know when it's done.

Kory

Old 09-21-2015, 09:16 PM

I haven't posted it yet,
But I have it done in my testing thread, I want to know if you think I should add anything before making it final? C:

Faun'd of the Forest (Test)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-21-2015, 09:40 PM

It's beautiful. What's sad is I almost didn't get the title pun. I puzzled over that for a minute, but it's cute. You should change the his/her in the blurb though since we've picked the character genders now, but it looks good to go to me.