Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 AM

Calix watched her for a few more moments, paying for his drinks in small coinage. He could just give the man a gold coin, but that would arouse suspicions. No one here had gold to spare. Then he got up, easily standing taller than most people in the bar, and made his way over to Layna.

"You need a place to stay?" he asked, looking down at her.

Arlia held on to Theon, resting her head against his neck as he ran. She hoped he didn't do anything stupid. But she couldn't do anything to stop him now so she just held on, keeping out of his way as much as possible as he ran. Running through the water would be harder for him, and bits of it splashed up to cool both of them off.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2011, 04:23 AM

Layna turned her head at the sound of a man's voice. She was looking into someones stomach and she lifted her head bit to look into his eyes. She frowned a bit, but rather than completely denying the offer she decided to see why he was helping her. "Why do you ask? Do I look like a homeless women?" She smiled up at him and then looked down at herself. "I can assure you this is not my normal attire." She said with a faint laugh. She gave one of the bells on her chest a flick and it rang softly. She looked back up at him and smiled.

Theon came to halt when he heard the sound of people near by. "Arlria, did you hear that?" He asked her softly. He walked over behind a tree and listened for the noise he had heard a few seconds ago. He could have sworn he had heard someone along the trail with them.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 AM

"I figured not. Not many women dress like that," Calix said, glancing her over again. Then he smiled his charming smile that had gotten more than one woman in his bed, not that he was trying right at this point. "You simply look like you could use some help, is all. I'm not in the habit of taking in strays, you see, but I have been known to make exceptions." Not to mention he was very curious about her. He wanted to know more.

Arlia listened carefully when he stopped, listening around them. She could hear someone a little ways away from them. "I do hear someone," she whispered to him. "I can't tell if there's more than one person, though..." And what were they doing out here? Same thing as Theon and herself, traveling to another place? Or were they looking for unwary travelers to rob?

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 AM

Layna laughed at him and pulled a few coins out of her bag and placed them on the table. "Not many women would be brave enough to dress like this." She said as she finally raised her head from the table. "Awe, how sweet of you. I'm not sure whether I should be honored or disgusted." She smiled up at him sweetly and pushed her chair up to get ready to leave. He may have used that smile on plenty of girl before her, but wasn't falling for it. She was tired and did not want to deal with this at the moment. "This stray isn't known for taking up offers because she is capable of taking care of herself." Layna pushed the chair back in and turned to leave and as she did the bells in her hair and on her clothing jingled.

Theon began to set Arlria down and he looked out behind the tree. He could hear them now and he could hear horses. "Arlria, they have horses! We won't have to walk if we can steal them." He said with excitement. He knew he would not have made it clear to the city carrying Arlria on his back. These horses or even horse would save them so much time as well. Theon was not going to let them slip away from him now that he knew they were so close.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-08-2011, 04:57 AM

Calix just smirked as he watched her. "No intentions, I swear," he said, holding up his hands as if he was harmless. "I am simply curious. I offer you a place to stay that does not require payment. Just answers to a few simple questions."

He watched her, one eyebrow slightly raised. He knew he could find a place to stay easily enough. One of his brothers or half-siblings kept places around most of the towns and cities, and even if none of them had a house right around here he could find an unused house.

Arlia's eyes widened. "Theon, no! You don't know how many of them there are! You can't go steal those horses!" She grabbed onto his arm, hoping to keep him there. He could be hurt, or killed, or caught. There were so many things that could go wrong, and for what? A few horses, or even one horse to chase after this woman and this insane idea of his?

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 AM

Layna stopped at the door and looked back at the man. "All I have to do is answer a few questions?" She asked as she looked him up in down with her golden eyes. She didn't like taking offers from anyone especially men, but if all it would cost her were a few question then she was not losing anything at all. Even if she didn't want to answer the questions she could and would leave. "Lead the way." She said flatly with a motion for him to go in front of her.

"Be quiet, Arlria. Do you want to walk for another day straight?" He asked her looking into her eyes. Theon pulled his arm out from her grasp and touched her head lightly. "I'll be fine. Stay here and be quiet." He left her there as he went out looking for the people they had heard. The noises were getting louder as he got closer and what he saw was a group of about four men and two horse. It was perfect, all Theon needed to do was wait for his chance.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-08-2011, 06:28 AM

Calix nodded, starting to walk and heading towards the nicer houses. A quick check with his family told him no one had a house to borrow in this particular town, but he happened to know that there were two houses currently empty. He went to the latter of the two, as it was a little farther away, and opened the door, motioning for her to go first. Well, this was going pretty well so far. She'd probably get all upset and leave, but so far it was going well.

Arlia frowned and bit her lower lip but didn't say anything, just watching him leave. She wanted to call him back, but she didn't say anything. Instead she crouched down, keeping track of him and hoping he didn't get in trouble.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2011, 01:26 PM

Layna followed him through the streets, but as they got further away and the houses became nicer and nicer she began to frown. 'I was not expecting this.' She thought as she looked at the houses. The last time she had stayed in a house such as the one he took her to was a very long time ago. Layna inclined her head and walked into the house and looked around a bit. She didn't know what was going to happen so rather than taking a seat somewhere; she remained standing and waiting for instructions.

Theon peered around the tree at the men. They didn't seem like they would be hard to rob, but he had had is fill of surprise before. Theon pulled out a knife from his bag. It wasn't a hunting knife and not even close to a sword, but it would have to do for now. He didn't really plan on killing anyone with the knife, but rather use it was a threat. Theon rushed out from behind the tree and hit one of the men in the head sending him unconscious. The rest of the men had stopped and were now yelling at Theon asking what he was doing. "All I want are your horse, hand them over." He demanded.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 PM

"Make yourself at home," Calix said, shutting the door and sprawling himself in one of the seats in the main room. He watched her, his eyes bright, and waited a minute to speak again.
"So. How long have you been on the run like this?" That seemed an innocent enough question to start with. Hopefully she wouldn't bolt immediately.

Arlia almost got up when she heard all the yelling, but she didn't do anything, just hunkered down. She did, however, peek around the trees to look at them, watching Theon. He looked like he knew how to use that knife. She just hoped he wouldn't have to. Hopefully the men would just give him the horses and then they could go.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 AM

Layna's sense to run was shouting in her head like never before. It was telling her to run and get as much distance between her and this man as she could. Instead she laughed at his remark trying to act dumb. "What do you mean? I am not on the run. I am merely looking for a job where ever I can find it." She said as she turned around to take a seat across from him. She gave him an innocent look as she sat down and crossed her legs.

Theon watched as the men turned around and began to yell things at him. He didn't hear a word any of them said and he was beginning to panic. He didn't know what to do anymore. One of the men started to move towards him and out of instinct Theon jabbed him in the stomach with the knife. He stabbed him several times before he stopped and turned to the next man. The man tried to stop Theon, but he was treated the same way as the first and was stabbed repeatedly. Theon's hands began to shake as the reality of what he had done sunk in. "Let's go, Arlria!" He yelled as he grabbed the horses.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-09-2011, 03:35 AM

Calix chuckled quietly. "Of course," he said, leaning back in his seat and looking at her evenly. "And I expect you think that running will keep the humans off?" He looked at her, one eyebrow raised. That would probably make her try running. He could always catch her, of course, but he would just have to wait and see.

Arlia ran over to him, her eyes widening when she saw the men on the ground. "Theon... What have you done?" she whispered, looking at him. He'd never done anything like that before. She was... shocked, and probably a little horrified. This was not good...

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2011, 03:56 AM

Layna frowned deeply, but soon it was replaced by anger. What did this man want? "It keeps them off for a time." She said flatly. She was done with her act. "If you are here for a favor then I'll leave now. I am not a charity case nor have I ever been." She had seen people try this before and it was a waste of her time. She didn't need their gold and she would never accept it. Layna stood up and looked down at the man. "I'll leave now if that is all you wanted."

"Shut up, Arlria!" He said as he threw the knife into the woods. "Just get on the horse and be quiet!" He yelled to release his frustration. It wasn't because she was doing anything wrong, but because he had done everything wrong. He walked up to her and stared flatly into her eyes. "Please, just get on the horse." He said pleading with his brown eyes for her to just do as he said.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 AM

Calix didn't stand up; he didn't need to. He looked up at her before he chuckled. "Now, now," he said, his voice still pleasant. "It's not a very good idea to piss off a god, little lady. Even if you have managed to avoid our attention for this long, pissing me off is a good way to get yourself killed very quickly."

Arlia looked at him for a few moments before she sighed and did as he asked, managing to get up on one of the horses. It had been a while since she'd ridden, but she'd manage. She looked down at him briefly and held on to the reins, holding the horse still. She didn't bring it up again, just watched him and let him lead the way. She wasn't scared of him, and she never had been, but she was scared for him.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 AM

A...God? She froze in her steps and began to search for any way to get herself out. She had to leave and she had to leave quickly. She didn't know how she would manage to get away and lose him, but she had to try. "Why would a God want anything to do with me? I haven't caused any problems that I know of." Layna said as she spotted what she needed. There was a beam of light coming through a window, but reaching the window was the problem. it was on the other side of the room. She closed her eyes and did the very thing she didn't want to do. She turned around to face the God and slowly began to move towards the seat she had just left. Instead of taking the seat though she stood behind it. She was still a few feet way from what she needed, but it would have to do for now. "Did I do something wrong?" She said looking into his eyes.

Theon got on to the horse and began to lead the way to the city. It didn't take too long to make it to the city, but he had been in a daze the whole ride there. he stopped his horse on the outskirts of town and looked down at the city. He had made it, but now he had to search and hope she hadn't left already. "Let's go, Arlria." He said in a emotionless voice.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 AM

"No," Calix said simply. "I felt you around and heard rumors about a woman who had healed some children." He shrugged. "I know almost all the demigods currently alive, but I didn't know you. I was curious." He stood then, looking at her squarely.

"Trust me, dove, if you were in trouble I wouldn't have bothered talking to you. I would have simply killed you already."

Arlia frowned, following Theon. He didn't sound like himself, which worried her. "Where are we going now?" she asked quietly, moving her horse closer to his. This was potentially a very bad idea, and she didn't much like it, but Theon wasn't about to go back now. She needed to stay with him, now more than ever.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 AM

So the rumor had spread further than she had thought. One act and she was ruined. It figured that this would be the thing to ruin her. "Then I guess I have done something right all these years." She said trying to make a joke, but her voice didn't sound as strong as she wanted it to. When the God stood up she took a few steps back out of instinct. She still was a few steps out of reach of the light and she couldn't just step back for no reason. "I guess that is true." She said trying to resist the urge not to just take the last few steps needed to reach the light.

"We go into town and ask anyone if they have seen the women." He said, but he didn't even recognize his own voice. It sounded foreign to himself. He spurred the horse forward without warning. He slowed a bit at the gates until he had to come to a halt and finally get off the horse. They would be walking from here on out. He turned and looked a Arlria waiting for her to get off her horse.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 AM

Calix chuckled quietly. "If you're thinking of running, I'd think again," he said quietly, watching her as he moved about the room. "I could just follow you and make you answer my questions somewhere else."

He walked a few paces away before he stopped, his back to her. "Whose are you?"

Arlia nodded and followed him, sliding down off her horse and walking into town after him. She looked around the town; not many people were still out. She felt rather uneasy around here, but she didn't say anything, just walked a little closer to Theon.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Layna's heart was beating faster than she thought was possible. She just wanted to leave this place, but it looked like she was stuck at the moment. It took more energy than Layna would ever admit to take the few steps forward back to the chair she had left minutes ago. She fell back into the seat and bells on her outfit jingled. "My father is Apollo." She said as she brought her hands up to cover her face.

Theon began his search as soon as he could. He asked everyone that was willing to listen to him if they had seen a women with snow white hair pass through. It was seeming as if his search was going to be pointless as the more answers he received were no. "Let's go, Arlria. We can try somewhere else." He said as he extended his hand out to her.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-11-2011, 06:22 AM

((Sorry it took so long to reply! I moved out of my dorm at college yesterday, so that was crazy busy, and then today I was running around doing shopping with my mom and cleaning and all sorts of stuff to get ready for the trip we're goin on starting Monday... Anyway, sorry this took so long!))

Apollo. Bastard. Calix had never liked the sun god, but at least he wasn't the only one. None of his family much like Apollo, his mother included. Ah well. At least he didn't have to deal with Apollo directly, at least hardly ever, and he knew Apollo wouldn't kill him. He'd get in way too much trouble.

"Ah," he said simply, sitting again as well. "Ashamed, girl?"

Arlia sighed and took his hand after a moment. They weren't having much luck here... Maybe she hadn't passed through here, or had only been in a different part of towns. There were so many maybes and what ifs that it made her head hurt, and she wasn't sure they weren't both crazy for even attempting this. But she didn't voice her fears, instead just taking Theon's hand.

"Maybe we should try a nicer part of town...?" she ventured.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM

"Ashamed?" Layna laughed a little harsh. "Yes, I guess you could say that I am. I should be grateful for the life I was given, but I see nothing grand about it. It is a curse." Layna lowered her hands from her face and looked the God in the eyes. He wouldn't understand what she meant he was a God. He probably had everything he had ever wanted. While she ran and hid for her whole life only to be found now by him. Layna laughed again, but it was more hysterical this time. She didn't know what to do now that she had been found. How was she suppose to live now that they knew about her?

"That's a good idea, Arlria." He said without turning to look at her. He gripped her hand a light tighter and took off towards the nicer part of town. He began asking servants if they had seen anyone by the description, but still now luck. It was only until one of the last houses that an older women said that they had seen her. Theon squeezed Arlria's hand once she said that and asked her if she knew where she went, but the women just shook her head. Theon thanked her quickly and ran off with Arlria. "Did you hear that? She is still here."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 AM

Calix shrugged. He wasn't overly concerned with whether or not she was comfortable with her heritage, or how she used her gifts. He'd simply been curious.

"Well rest assured, girl, you won't be bothered. Most demigods are left alone." Calix shrugged and stretched. "I simply wished to satisfy my curiosity." He stretched briefly in his chair. "You can go, if you like. But the offer of a free bed still stands."

Arlia blinked. Someone had actually seen the woman? She wasn't just some made-up person, or someone exaggerated by the rumor mills? Okay, maybe she had been exaggerated, but she did exist, at least.

"Okay," she said, acknowledging with Theon said. "So she does exist. And she is still somewhere around here. But we don't know where, Theon. And it's getting late..." She frowned. She was rather hungry, too, since they'd never eaten before they'd left. "We need to find somewhere to eat and rest, Theon. Or we'll never find her, because we'll be too tired." Hopefully he'd see the sense in that.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2011, 06:36 AM

Layna thought about her chances of finding a room this late at night. They were slim and she wanted to avoid sleeping on the streets again. While the God had told her that she would be safe she did not exactly trust him or his word, but it seemed as if her only option would be to stay here. Layna gave a soft sigh before she stood up. "Which room shall I take?" She asked not wanting to just waltz into any room. That would be rude of her and while she didn't like him all that much she still had her basic manners.

"Did you not believe me? Arlria, when have I lied about something like this?" He asked before he turned around to look at her. He looked up at the mention of it getting late and sighed. She was right, but he didn't want to give up on his search for the demigod. She might get away. "I guess we should find a room." He said reluctantly. He was beginning to feel tired and food did sound nice right about now.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-12-2011, 08:05 PM

"Any room you like," Calix said with a careless shrug. "It matters not to me." He stretched out his legs in front of him, watching her. She was rather curious; most demigods were more than happy to use their powers and find out who their parent was. Of course, most of them also tried to either become gods or at least become better than the average man. And most of them had died.

But not this one. She was different. She didn't like the attention of the gods, or even just himself. He had lots of things to do, but this demigod was more curious and perhaps more entertaining than most of the other things he could be doing. Only mostly, though.

"I didn't think you lied," Arlia said, perhaps a little defensively. "But you heard rumors, Theon. Rumors aren't always true. I was just surprised, was all."

When he admitted they should probably find a room for the night, Arlia nodded, concealing her relief. She was sore from riding and running, and her stomach growled at her again. Food and a place to sleep sounded good indeed. Now to find somewhere to stay... She could see lights on in a house up ahead. They were still in a nicer part of town, but maybe they could beg a room for themselves, or she could offer to help with the chores in the morning or something.

"How about up there?" she asked, pointing to the house. "We could ask, at least. The worst they'll do is say no." Little did she know that a god and a demigod currently resided there, and could do much worse than simply say no.

HarukiAi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 PM

"Well, then...I guess I'll go pick a room." She said unsure of what she was going to do. The thought of still running was there, but it had been pushed back with some reasoning. She looked at the God for a moment, but turned around to leave. She wasn't going to stay and talk. She didn't want to get herself into any more trouble than she already was. Layna walked a down a long hallway and pushed open one of the doors in the middle and peered in. There was a large bed and a large dresser and a few other items in the room. It had been awhile since had stayed in a room like this one, but she opened the door and walked in. She threw her pack on the bed and walked over to a large window in the room. "Really, what have I gotten myself into? I should have run when I had the chance." Layna said to a little bird sitting on a tree near her window.

"Well, that may be true, but I just knew that this was the real deal. Just believe in me a little more Arlria." He said a little disappointed that she had thought he would drag her off for a false rumor, that would be insane. Theon looked up at the house Arlria was referring to and nodded. It shouldn't have been that hard to get a room if they offered to work. Theon reached out and grabbed Arlria's hand and began to walk up to the house. He dropped her hand once they arrived at the door and began to knock.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 06-15-2011, 12:45 AM

Calix left her alone, letting her go pick a room for herself. He stayed there for a few moments longer, and was about to go get a room for himself when he heard a knock on the door.

His eyebrows shooting up, he walked over to the door, pulling it open. He had to pretend to be human, at least for now. He raised his eyebrows as he looked at the two in front of him. They looked dirty and tired, probably from a long day of traveling.

"Yes?"

Arlia blinked and looked up at the man that answered the door, temporarily too stunned to speak. She didn't often look at other men as being attractive, but... Wow. This man was hard to look at and not think he was attractive.

"We were hoping we could find a place to stay," she said, a little hesitantly. "We can help with the chores, or whatever you need. But we really need a place to stay the night."

Calix smirked as he looked her over. Well well, a little mouse. A little mouse he suspected would show her teeth if she ever needed to. "I guess that depends what you're willing to do," he drawled. She was traveling with the man, so he was either a sibling or a good friend or someone close to her. If he was really male he'd recognize the look Calix had given Arlia. And then Calix would figure him out by his reaction.