TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 AM

I made the jump to Adobe Creative Cloud a while back. Actually, the day before pricing for students jumped from $19.95 a month to $29.95 a month.

I was wondering, how do you other digital artist feel about Creative Cloud? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Do you think it will help designers fare batter in the future? Do you have it yet, or are you going to hold out until CS6 is ANCIENT before going with Creative Cloud?

I do like it so far. I like that I no longer have to pay for 3 licenses for 3 different computers. I like that I get to install anything I want. This I now get access to oddball programs that I had some use for on rare occasion but never had the programs (lightroom, media encoder, etc) before.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 AM

I've actually never heard/seen this. I had to go look it up and see what it was.

I don't think I would get it, unless it calls for it. My school provided us the entire newest suite for free. It seems interesting though and convenient. But, I'm not really all about the newest versions. I still prefer Photoshop CS4 over the CS6.

I usually only get newest versions if the newest update is helpful or needed. I shall see how long I last.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 AM

It was a tough choice for me to make. I don't exactly have the funding to buy the full professional subscription ($49.95 per month) but since I work Freelance, I've met up with some traps here and there.

What I mean is that there are some people that make an income by reporting designers or digital artists for having illegal software. They request design work, post an ad for it. Offer at one or even longer freelance gig, you apply. It all seems legit and then that person or "company" will demand to see your legal validation for your software while threatening to report you should you decline or hesitate to provide it.

Its also different for me because I'm professional. I know that I could work even off of CS2 and be completely happy. yes, CS6 drastically makes life easier, but there's still no game changing feature that you can't do with a bit more time, ingenuity, and focus in CS2. The issue is employment. Employers (clients if you work for a design firm) inherently are not designers. They always demand the latest and greatest without understanding that the people they are hiring could create the same product they want with older and cheaper software.

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 07-18-2013, 08:38 AM

Well seeing it more clearly, I can see it'll be much more easier for others to get programs from Adobe. I think it's a really great deal at the price, paying monthly while getting to see all of their programs.

Like, when I was given the suite, I only took the programs that I knew would be a must and useful. I never touched Fireworks or InDesign. It's smart, but I kinda like owning a program forever. I guess, because I get student discounts or my family is able to pay for nice programs, I don't know if I like the monthly thing.

It's different. I can see though why it's cool and not only allows the professionals to have the program but for everyone else.

I feel like in a way, it's renting it, and I just like owning the item.

I understand though about how sometimes you NEED the latest update because the company requires it. Previously, I had Flash CS5, and my class were using CS6, and CS6 isn't as nice as saving in Photoshop, and I would have to constantly make sure to save whatever I worked in CS6 as CS5 in Flash and it was a pain. So, I upgraded.