Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 01-04-2016, 10:19 PM

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Echoes of the Force

The war has just ended and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has just cemented himself into complete authority by disposing of the Jedi and naming himself Emperor. The Sith now rule the galaxy and the republic is no more. Already there have been pockets of rebellion trying to take root but the newly crowned Empire has been quick to strike them down. Life begins anew for most as the Emperor hands out new rules and restrictions to vindicate his power.

---------- Post added 01-04-2016 at 05:46 PM ----------

Characters!

Enzo

Race: Miraluka
Body Style: Slim Athletic
Height: 6'0"
Eye Color: Pale White
Skin Color: Brown
Hair Style/Length: Long dreadlocks w/ top half in ponytail
Hair Color: Black
Alignment: Dark Side
Job/Affiliation: Mercenary/Assassin's Guild

History:
Enzo's past is filled with gaps. His memory is hazy of his early childhood and the things he does remember aren't pleasant. His parents were practically non-existent though they unintentionally left a mark. From about the time he was 8, Enzo was raised by a man named Helix Zod. Helix was a mandalorian mercenary and he gave the boy a roof over his head, place to stay, and most importantly, training. [will add and reveal more throughout the story]

Personality:
Enzo is... special. Let's just put it that way.

Equipment:
Melee: Twin Sith Swords
Ranged: Modified Heavy Blaster Pistol & Modified Disruptor Pistol
Utility: ZX miniature flame projector, Stealth-2VX palm shooter(darts), & various grenades.
Armor: This!
Mask: This!

Last edited by Marsyas; 01-05-2016 at 06:05 AM..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 01-05-2016, 01:49 AM

Tela Jarrick
Appearance: http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...ll/30rmq1z.jpg
Race: Human
Body Style: Slim athletic
Height: 5' 5''
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: light tan
Hair Style/Length: Long
Hair Color: Black
Alignment: Light Side
Job/Affiliation: Salvager / Smuggler/ salvage yard owner

History:
Tela lost her parents at a young age. Her parents were taken away one late night when she was 7 and she escaped to a family friends home. Samel Herick raised young Tela and taught her the tricks of being a salvager and kept a few secrets from her for her safety.He gave her a ship and job that she was good at. [will add and reveal more throughout the story]

Personality:
Tela is stubborn and has good reflexes. Why she does ... Let's wait a little bit.

Equipment:
Melee: None yet
Ranged: Modified blaster that she found on a salvage job.
Utility: Computer scanners and various grenades.
Outfit: wears a utility jacket and utility pants with a belt that has a holster for her blaster.

Marsyas

Old 01-05-2016, 04:26 AM

An armored robed figure stood in the shadows of a transport ship awaiting his patron, arms folded across his chest no visible skin showing leaving no inkling as to what race he might be. An ornate mask of rare or lost design hiding his facial features and giving his bored sighs an ominous depth. The people at the space port here on Dantooine seemed to either avoid him or regard him with quick-glanced horror. He knew what he looked like to most. Death. His appearance was carefully sculpted for his true line of work. But right now he was out doing mercenary jobs since the Guild didn't have any major contracts to offer at the moment and he wasn't about to change his usual gear just for this.

Guard duty, that's what this job was going to be. At worst, they would have a smooth sailing adventure from here to their destination. It would be the epitome of boredom. At best they would likely run into some pirates looking to steal from a transport vessel. That would make this trip somewhat worthwhile despite he was getting paid a hefty sum. More than he would expect from a simple transport mission. Enzo felt this job was beneath his talents. Even up to this moment he was baffled as to why he agreed to take this job, and on top of that he had no idea what kind of cargo they were carrying. Some inexplicable force had just compelled him to agree to this job when it was offered, though normally he would have refused. It was as if there was some reason he was supposed to be here.

He watched in muted silence as the workers continued to board up cargo for the ship, wondering if there was really even anything in half of those crates. The patron he was working for was a well and widely known merchant but it didn't take much digging to know that he was also a smuggler. You don't just build up a fortune here on Dantooine out of nowhere with legitimate trade. The Empire was trying to assimilate all of the outer rim worlds into their kingdom but the outer rim was far too independent. Life out here was too harsh for them to suddenly give up their ways and bow to an Emperor. But those politics didn't concern him. Only this job did. And his patron was late.

The head of security for this mission was an orange skinned twi'lek who went by the name Shal. He was the personal bodyguard of his contractor and supposedly an ex-merc with some experience in the Clone Wars. He was surprisingly gruff for a twi'lek but not all of them were smooth talkers and friendly. Enzo had made it clear he wasn't planning on taking orders from anyone should things hit the fan and as you might guess, that caused some complications. Still, their relationship was one of silent disdain. Enzo paid him no mind and that attitude was returned in favor. It was simpler this way.

It was already almost time for their scheduled departure and although his patience was running thin, all he could do was wait.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-05-2016, 04:53 AM

Tela hurried to the space port where her cargo was and nodded to the owner of the spaceport. She was known to many as a person who brought goods to those who needed it most and to those who wanted to avoid the Empire. There wasn't much of an Imperial presence here, but she knew eventually there might be. It seemed every world in the outer rim was having the same problems that Dantooine was having and she wanted to help. Even though most of her salvage jobs were for other smugglers.

" I apologize for being late. Had to get the coordinates to where we were taking these crates. "She said to the crew that she hired. Usually she would hire those she employed but these crates were different. Her contact said these were wanted by the Emperor himself and that made her nervous. Last thing she wanted was any of the people that worked for the Empire to get these crates, since she sensed some were dangerous and were making her cold.

"'We're heading to an unnamed moon in the Telbana sector. We need to hurry since it is rumored that a few months ago Grand Moff Tarkin had an ambush there. I promise you all will be paid well after this and given a good recommendation to others here on Dantooine. "Tela said before boarding.

Marsyas

Old 01-05-2016, 06:21 AM

Since he had been hired through a third party, namely Shal, this was his first time seeing his contractor. She was average height and well built. Looked like she could handle herself. Enzo only partially listened to her explanation since he was more busy appraising his temporary boss but he caught the main tidbits. Still since they were headed to an unnamed moon in the Telbana Sector he was beginning to think that maybe this wasn't an ordinary drop.

Enzo was the last to board the ship right as they were getting ready to take off. The trip would take a while and he didn't especially see anyone worthy of his company, but his curiosity was bound to get the better of him at some point. Whatever was awaiting on this trip, something had called to him and he was going to find out what exactly that was. Immediately he walked to the cockpit and announced "Captain when you have a moment, I'd like a word." The mask gave his voice a deep thrum. Though with his message delivered he left as quickly as he had come.

After the takeoff the main crew hustled around establishing that everything was looking good on the vessel and plotting their course through hyperspace. Enzo picked a spot where he could be seen but was not likely to be bothered and posted up there. He could feel something here, though he didn't know what. For now he just planned to wait patiently until he could speak with the captain alone. If he could see it then he would know if it was something that stemmed through the force or not but it had to be.

Enzo was intimately in tune with the Force as that was how he had sight. His eyes were vacant like a blind man's but he could see the world as clearly as anyone else. Maybe even better. He had been around Jedi who had this light about them that made them give off this warmth with the Force. It disgusted him and even though he knew he had a deep connection to the Force no Jedi had ever said anything to him. It was almost as if they didn't notice it. He had also been around darker individuals who had teetered towards the darker side of the Force and they had an aura that felt dangerous and that drew him. Helix had given off that aura. He wasn't strong in the ways of the Force but he had that darkness about him that made you pay attention and that edge in his voice that gave him power and authority.

The reason he suddenly thought of that was because of his captain and new boss. She gave off that uneasy warmth about her. It was odd. Still, she was paying well so he would do his job.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-05-2016, 10:37 PM

" Of course. " Tela had said to Enzo and sensed a strange aura about him. She made sure everything was set to jump to hyperspace and it would take a few days to get to where they were going. Tela had always wondered more about her parents since they had been taken when she was a child. Exactly 7 years after her parents had been taken, the Clone Wars ended and the Empire had taken over. Nowadays, things were different than they had been before them, since life on Dantooine had become harder than usual. Rumor was, it had a old Jedi Temple but she didn't believe the Jedi were real.

Tela went to find Enzo since he wanted to see her and saw where he was posted and went toward him. "'You wanted to speak to me?" She asked curiously.

Marsyas

Old 01-05-2016, 11:18 PM

He didn't have to wait too long before the captain joined him in his little corner. They were away from prying ears though that was simply because most of the crew wanted to avoid him.

Enzo stood to his full height and looked down at the captain as she approached, "We haven't actually had a chance to meet yet so I wanted to meet you face to face finally." You could tell a lot about a person by the way they interact with you. Or so Helix had preached. "My name is Enzo." He offered his hand, "I look forward to working with you."

His mask hid all facial features and the voice changer made him sound more menacing that his demeanor. "I must admit, I a curious as to the cargo you're transporting. You hired a good amount of muscle though I wonder how much of it is quality" he said as he glanced around the lively hold. "Are you carrying something dangerous?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-06-2016, 01:24 AM

"It's nice to meet you in person Enzo. Possibly. " Tela said. " My contact said these are ancient antiques that highly valuable with the right people. He has a client that buys these sort of items. " She said and wondered what his real voice sounded like since she didn't think he was as menacing as he sounded and was told he was a good fighter. " I'm Tela Jarrick by the way." She said with a smile.

Marsyas

Old 01-06-2016, 03:05 AM

Possibly? She had a sense of humor. Possibly... But unsurprisingly she only referred to the goods as antiques rather than whatever they were. They had to be more valuable than she was letting on. "You have a surprising amount of guards and even went so far as to hire a freelancer like myself." He knew that he had a reputation in the underworld for being handy in a fight but that didn't warrant this offer. At first he intended to press the issue but decided against it ultimately.

"Well then Tela, I am yours to command and yours only. I won't take orders from anyone who's not paying me." He looked over at Shal as he spoke those final words. "I hope our voyage is an uneventful one." A lie. He hoped things got rowdy just so he wouldn't be bored. Enzo loved the thrill of battle, but that was a topic for another time.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-06-2016, 03:14 AM

" I hope so too, but if we get attacked, this ship is heavily armed. " Tela said and really didn't like fighting when she had cargo of value. " I just wanted to be safe. I usually hire Shal and sometimes Zel Cerro. Though Zel went missing a few days ago. Not surprised, since he has a bad temper and gambles too much. "

Marsyas

Old 01-06-2016, 03:21 AM

Enzo gave a nod in understanding. "I realize that you want to protect your cargo. It's only natural." He replied evenly. There was a slight pause before he reponded to her again. His gaze shifted over to Shal once more who happened to look his way with an obvious scowl on his face. "So long as your usual hires keep me out of arms length then they shouldn't have to worry about my bite." There was a slight hint of amusement in his tone. "Though I doubt Zel Cerro will show up again if he's been lost for gambling debts." An idle thought.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-06-2016, 06:08 PM

" Doubt he will. Besides, I learned at a young age that gambling isn't worth the trouble that follows. " Tela said. " Don't worry. They will. Unless you want to be a part of my regular hires? Always looking for good workers. " She said and gave some of the guys a smile. They had worked with Samel Herick for a few years before he had unexpectedly given the company to her. Why he had left, she didn't know , but had a feeling it had to do with the rumors of a rebellion in the galaxy.

Marsyas

Old 01-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Well at least they could agree on the gambling. Enzo shrugged and shook his head at her question, "I doubt I would get along with your usual group. I think I'm a bit too... Independent." He answered. "Though if you pay well I may be inclined to join you on an expedition or two more after this" He added smoothly.

A moment of silence passed between them before Enzo spoke again "Captain," he started, "Where are you originally from?" The sudden surge of curiosity actually came as a shock to Enzo himself but nevertheless something about her was different. He could see it. Clearly. There was that aura about her. It made her stand out above all of the riff-raff here.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-06-2016, 09:40 PM

" Corellia. My father was from Corscant but my mom was from Corellia. " Tela said and didn't know much about her parents. Her mom had been a part of a shipbuilding company but wasn't sure what her father did while he lived on the capital of the Republic , though now it was called Imperial Center and a dark place to visit.

Marsyas

Old 01-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Corellia huh? "Never been there." Enzo had done quite a bit of traveling but oddly enough he had not made his way to that planet. There were plenty of places that he had been throughout both the core and the outer rim. At times he thought about the magnitude of ambition that the Emperor had to have wanting to conquer all of the galaxy. It was awe inspiring.

Enzo was momentarily lost in thought when he noticed Shal approaching them.

"What are you two over here talking about?" Shal asked in a condescending tone.

"Nothing that concerns you, since you asked so kindly." Enzo spat back as he took a step in his direction a dangerous aura emminating from him. Shal instinctively reached for the blaster at his hip, but almost supernaturally Enzo's hand was covering the grip of the blaster before he could grab it. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" he told the twi'lek with no hint of malice in his voice.

"Perhaps we should talk later in private captain. I would like to get to know you better. Something about you fascinates me." He glanced at Shal and removed his hand from the blaster before maneuvering around them both and heading towards the back of the ship. Part of him wanted to go investigate the cargo hold for himself to see what they were lugging around but he wasn't sure he could locate what he was looking for quickly and quietly. He would just have to wait. Instead he chose one of the vacant rooms and threw off the robe that he wore over his armor and pulled out his blades to practice his form. This would keep him busy for a while and clear his mind.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-06-2016, 10:27 PM

Tela looked forward to seeing Enzo again and gave a grin to Shal. " Is there anything I can get you or your men? There is plenty of food in the kitchen and there are bunks if any of you are in need of rest. " She said and always tried to keep those she hired happy. Though sometimes it was impossible to do.

Marsyas

Old 01-06-2016, 10:54 PM

Shal watched Enzo leave with pure disgust on his face. The arrogance of that man was what drove him mad and here he was over here having a friendly conversation with Tela. A guy like him needed to be kept on a leash. Something about him gave off this wild vibe like he was some kind of beast or animal.

"No Tela." Shal finally responded after a while. He looked at his employer with a concerned look on his face. "I've been talking with the others for a while and we all agree that that man has too many mysteries. I'm worried he may betray us or try to steal our cargo. I think we should keep a close eye on him. Something about him is shady." Aside from the fact that none of them had seen his real face or heard his real voice. There was definitely an air of mystery and although none of them would say it aloud - fear. Enzo wasn't a man who was large or intimidating in size by any means but for whatever reason he had this presence that was almost suffocating at times. And the way he moved a moment ago seemed unnatural but Shal dismissed that thought.

"He came highly recommended from one of the contacts saying he was a good fighter, but they didn't mention his personality." The twi'lik was wishing they had now. "I'm not sure I would trust him to guard our backs in a fight now though."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-06-2016, 11:22 PM

" I understand your concerns about Enzo. But I have a feeling he has a good reason why he hides his face. " Tela said and did trust Enzo. " But you never know how someone is until they need to fight. Try and keep an open mind. I have a bad feeling that this might not be as simple as we hoped. " Tela said and sometimes had these feelings during a transport mission.

Marsyas

Old 01-06-2016, 11:40 PM

Shal scoffed. "I don't think you should trust him but I'll do my best to keep the boys in line and not cause any problems for him. I just hope we don't regret this later" he said honestly. It was hard for him not to worry though when Tela said she had a bad feeling about things. She was usually pretty accurate whether she realized it or not. Shal left and went back to be with his men again.

-------

Enzo was settling into his form, both swords gracefully weaving and arching through the air. His footwork was smooth and the swords seemed to sing a song. It was a song of death on the battlefield for whomever was unfortunate enough to meet him in melee combat. As he practiced his swordplay his mind reached a state of calm. He could feel the buzz of life thoughout this ship. Even though he was technically blind, he could see all of them even though he wasn't trying to look. The Force sustained him and he could feel it all around him. He had no formal training in the ways of the Force but he was familiar with it and he used it both consciously and unconsciously in his day to day. It guided him naturally and in doing so he felt that it was the Force that had drawn him here.

There was something about Tela. She was special in some way. He didn't know if she was trained in the Force or just sensitive in the way that he was but she radiated with it's energies. Also there was something else. Maybe more than just one thing. There Force was heavy on this ship. A clash maybe? Something here was strong enough for him to feel when he consciously was aware of it but subtle enough to evade awareness otherwise. He couldn't tell the nature of this thing but whatever it was, it was of the Force and that was the only truth he knew.

Emptying his thoughts he went back to his practice but now with renewed vigor. His combination was now longer, more swift, and deadlier. The song of the swords whistled through the air as his body shifted and glided through the spacious room.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2016, 12:19 AM

Tela went back to the bridge and sat in her chair. Something bothered her about some of the crates. Some of the crates radiated light and others darkness, and a darkness that mirrored how Courscant felt. She didn't know why she was drawn to the crates that radiated light and felt they were calling to her. Though sometimes objects called to her. Like the chest that Samus had given her before he left.

" We'll be there in an hour guys. Be careful when we land. " She said over the intercom and hoped they'd have another job after this one ended.

Marsyas

Old 01-07-2016, 12:43 AM

Enzo heard the announcement and decided that it was time call off his practice. He sat cross-legged on the floor and relaxed into a meditative state as he had been taught by Helix. He calmed himself. He felt this rising sense that something was waiting for them when they landed and he had grown to trust that feeling as it had rarely if ever been wrong.

The ship buzzed with life as everyone got ready for the drop in an hour. The security force strapped on gear and checked their weapons to ensure their readiness almost as if they were going into battle. Shal had warned them to do so just on a hunch since Tela had mentioned she had a bad feeling. He knew that was nothing to take lightly.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2016, 01:15 AM

Tela grabbed her blaster and was tense. She didn't think they would be fighting but something wasn't right about the last message she had got. Somehow she knew that someone else wanted her cargo and didn't know what to do, since she felt she needed to keep the ones she was drawn to.Why do I feel drawn to the light? Why do I get these feelings? "She thought and saw she needed to start the landing cycle for her freighter. "We are landing soon. Be on alert but don't shoot unless shot at. " She said to her crew and hoped that they'd get payed.

Marsyas

Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 AM

After they landed it became immediately apparent that something had everyone tense. Enzo could tell because he could feel how uneasy Tela was. He didn't ask any questions though so not to upset the shallow air of calm they were trying to keep. He had gotten fully dressed again with his cloak now back on and the hood up and covering the top part of his mask. Shal looked like he was ready to shoot anything he saw as he formed up the security group and created a phalanx around their employer. Enzo stood at the back bringing up the rear since he hadn't received any orders from Tela to do otherwise.

The ship hatch dropped open slowly and Enzo readied himself for what was to come.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2016, 01:48 AM

Tela walked out of her ship and saw a person in a cloak in the shadows. " Don't shoot. " She said to her crew and walked toward the figure. " Who are you and where is my contact?" Tela demanded since she knew the figure wasn't the person who she had spoken to.

" Captain Jerrick. So glad you are here. Now don't be alarmed. I have a deal that you would be foolish to turn down. " The shadowy person said and walked closer. His employer wanted these holocrons badly since he was a very powerful man.

" What sort of deal? Where is Vorrick?" Tela demanded.

" Detained. His contacts on Nar Shadda are keeping him busy. My client is a very powerful man. He wants your shipment but only certain crates. Though you'll be payed triple what you would have been getting. "' The human male said. His client had ties to the Empire and wanted those Sith holocrons. The man could sense the force flowing strongly through Tela Jarrick and was willing to make sure she stayed alive.

" What about my buyer ? Won't he cause trouble for me?" Tela asked.
" No. He's been paid well not to. " The man said.

" Fine. I'll take the money. " Tela said and knew she had little choice. This man had darkness surrounding him and was afraid.

Last edited by hillary84; 01-07-2016 at 03:04 AM..

Marsyas

Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 AM

Enzo watched the whole exchange in silence. He sense that there were others nearby in the shadows watching and waiting for something to go south. And unless Tela was ready for a showdown, taking this deal was definitely the smartest idea but to Enzo it felt wrong. The crates he wanted. They were part of what tied him to this mission. The Force was drawing him to them.

Once the exchange was over the crew hurried back to the ship, but right before the boarded Enzo grabbed Tela and held her back until everyone else had boarded.

"Tell me now, what was in those crates? What so valuable that the empire got involved personally. I need to know. Quickly." He stressed those last words. If his feeling was right then he would need to follow that man but he had to make a choice quickly.