Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 AM

Barrett grinned up at Elias, the bubbly feeling from being with his mate, overflowing even more with each passing second. So maybe Barrett was a bit of a people person and didn't get enough chance to show him and their bond off. "I think you more than like me, old man," he replied not in the least bit deterred by Elias calling him kid. "Can you believe this guy is represented by a dove though? Sometimes the marks seem just to on the nose, ya know? Like all Elias wants is the peaceful life."

Davvin turned narrowed eyes to Barrett, "Excuse me, Pot, kettle black, much?" he asked, rolling his eyes at his mate, "I mean, you're the one who was so determined that some random chick was your mate that you literally asked some random guy you just met to fake date you. I think you take the cake for being weird and obnoxious."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-14-2017, 05:05 PM

Elias groaned slightly, wanting to clap his hand over Barrett's mouth so he would quite spilling all the details of their life. Well of course the mark on Barrett's forehead was visible to all, but he didn't feel it necessary to go telling everyone your mate's mark. It was a private thing, a person's soul meant only for one other person. "Must you tell everyone these things?" he murmured to Barrett, looking at Tavis and Davvin in apology. Though really, they were the two people he least needed to apologize too even at their wedding, considering just how over-much they could be.

Looking at Davvin in confusion, Tavis half snorted. "What are you talking about, weirdo? Did you call me a pot?" He shook his head, letting out a quick laugh to cover up his embarrassment about their first meeting. He'd heard enough of it in the past few weeks from every friend of theirs after all. Side affect of getting married. Raising one eyebrow at Barrett, he decided that this kid was more interesting to talk to than his own mate right now. Speaking of which, he did appear to be the same age at Tavis which was....kinda funny. "You two are really weird aren't you?"

Elias narrowed his eyes at Tavis with chastisement. "Excuse me?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 AM

"Everyone?" Barrett responded, unrepentant, "Nah, I won't tell everyone, but you're nephews? Sure! Besides, I totally saw Tavis's hand earlier, so it's not like he doesn't understand what it's like to have a highly visible mark. Not all of us have the luxury of it being a private thing." Maybe a bit of sadness crept into Barrett's words as he spoke, but nothing noticeable enough for anyone but Elias, his grin still on full wattage.

Davvin shook his head at Barrett, "You seem real determined to call everybody but yourself extra today, but really I guess that's not much weirder than normal. Though perhaps enlighten all of us what you mean by these two being weird, huh?" he asked, his voice long suffering as he'd one too many times had to deal with the particular brand of idiot that Tavis had.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-18-2017, 02:17 PM

Still resisting the urge to shake his head and complain, Elias captured Barrett's hand and gave it a squeeze. He heard the faint waver in Barrett's cheer, but it didn't sound like something that would last considering the enjoyment his mate was taking from this situation. "You're too much, Barrett..." he sighed. "

Tavis stammered, clapping a hand over his mark before he felt guilty and dropped his hand again. The flush that rose on his cheeks did not disappear as quickly though. "S-so what if I have this idiot's mark on my hand. I own it so it's fine. No one can tell me a flower is weird!" Lifting his chin with pride, he looked at Davvin, flashing his mate a grin before narrowing his eyes. "Even though this flower guy is annoying me right now. Of course those guys are weird since they don't match at all and just how big is that age difference?" He shook his head, not really caring about the answer. He wanted to move on already, eat the cake, pose for pictures. The fun stuff.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-20-2017, 12:26 AM

Davvin rolled his eyes at his mate, "Making me feel real good here, babe," he snarked, looking at the flush in his mate's cheeks. "I'm so sorry that the best personification for my soul was a flower..." he chuckled shaking his head. Reminiscing back to when they'd first met and basically insulted themselves within moments of meeting each other, comments about how ridiculous their marks were flying back and forth between them. "You get embarrassed over the strangest things," he finished under his breath.

"Twelve years," Barrett chirped, eyes bright and shining, as if it something to be proud of. And for Barrett, it probably was. He'd always glorified in being a little bit different, a little bit out of step with the rest of the world, so his bond being an odd one. Well that was just perfect for him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 PM

Tavis sent Davvin a glare out of the corner of his eyes, not about to let his mate's teasing go unchecked though he might save the real revenge for later. "Who's embarrassed, flower idiot," he muttered. "I said no one could call the mark weird didn't I?" Huffing again, he regained his prideful expression because no matter what he might have said in the past, he did marry this guy didn't he? Wearing a flower mark was unavoidable.

Groaning slightly, Elias squeezed Barrett's shoulder in a gentle reminder to behave. Not that he expected much from his action. It just made him feel better to have tried. Before he could say anything though, he caught sight of two familiar faces far off in the crowd, looking around as if in search of something. He straightened his back and cleared his throat before speaking. "Yes, that's true. Barrett, Davvin, why don't you two go get us all some drinks. I have something I want to talk to Tavis about for a second." Flashing a smile, he nodded as if to say there was nothing to worry about despite his abrupt change in conversation. This was something just for Tavis though.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-22-2017, 01:56 AM

"Ugh, fine, I can see when you're trying to get ready. Come on, let's go get drinks, while my mate talks to my nephew-in-law," Barrett snarked, unable to leave without getting one final word in. Though he followed Elias's gaze and his expression softened, a bit, "Come on Davvin, I can get to know you a little bit better while we go." He knew Elias wanted this moment to happen just between the four of them, and he couldn't blame them. He and Davvin would be nearby in case they were needed, but they needed to let this family have their moment first.

Davvin shrugged, and followed Barrett over to the table, "So you're really twelve year younger than him, huh? That's crazy, but I guess that's why it took him so long to find his mate. Couldn't exactly get together when you were still a kid. Still seems crazy though. All our friends mates are close in age, but then we're almost like this big incestuous bunch at this point." He chuckled as he spoke, the two of them continuing to chat as they grabbed drinks for the entire group, heading back over to where their mates were not too longer after.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-10-2017, 10:03 PM

Tavis' entire face turned red and he spun, ready to snark back at Barrett, but Elias placed a gentle hand on his arm. Before the argument could start, he placated it so easily. Turning back, Tavis huffed at his uncle, not all that pleased with his ability to do that. "What is this? Why did you want to talk to me anyway?" Eyes narrowed, he placed his hands on his hips, not the least bit aware of what drew Elias' eye earlier. "It this is a-"

Turning back to Tavis, Elias' smile brightened into something far more real and different than the gentle thing he always wore. So much tenderness and actual joy shone through for a second that the usual soft edges of Elias' smile felt jagged next to this. Taken aback, Tavis dropped off mid sentence to hear what the older man, the one he already thought looked at him like a son, had to say. How could he not when it looked like he made the sun dawn on another person's face?

"Tavis...you still look handsome," Elias started, ruffling the longer strands of Tavis' hair, then tucking the gel-stiffened locks back into place with a lingering touch. "I know that this day is supposed to be the most memorable in your life. Everything perfect, just like in your dreams, right? Even if you didn't ask for it, and maybe didn't think you could, I don't want you to regret a single second l-like m-" Stammering, he turned his eyes away for a second, catching sight of Barrett by chance before the tenderness filled his eyes again. "Don't regret. Be with your important people. You're stubborn and so like her, so you could never ask. But...this is my present to you."

Turning over his shoulder, he nodded to the two distant heads at the back of the crowd. At first, Tavis didn't understand. Then, he saw the long sway of golden hair far past the slightly tanned, but thin shoulders that resembled his own. The man standing behind her almost surpassed her height by a full head, and over that golden curtain of hair, their eyes met. Tavis' heart skipped in his chest, stuttering, frozen, and broke. A second later, the pair reached him and Elias.

"Hello, son."

"Mom...dad, you came..." Tavis managed. Eyes locked onto the parent's he hadn't seen for years, he didn't noticed Elias pat his back and step away. His throat made it hard to speak. The awkward smile cast his way only made it worse. Stepping forward, his mother's hands wavered like they wanted to perform some kind of action, but she just smoothed out her dress instead. A satin, long affair with corset lace and gems along the back, it looked every bit the robe of high society that Tavis remembered. His mother's face looked more worn though and the hesitant waver of his eyes revealed more humanity that Tavis ever saw there before.

"It is...our only son's wedding," she spoke, swallowing hard before continuing. "Don't you think it's time we put the anger behind us, at least for today?"

The idea of too many years of hearing 'no' just vanishing didn't sound the least bit believable. Would she even condone the wild rainbow with tattoos that became his mate? Even his parent's shoes didn't match the reception party. And yet, with Davvin's gaze finding his from just a short distance away and the glow of the wedding still thrumming inside his skin, he wanted to believe his mother's words. Yes, maybe just for today, or maybe even longer.

A slow smile spread across Tavis' face. "Alright. Let's do that. Mom, dad, thank you for coming." A second later, his mother crushed him with a hug, followed by the strong, though stiff arms of his father. Crushed like that, they finally came together. Even Tavis felt a little lost to the storm. This was his family, whether he wanted it or not. And right now, it actually felt like family.

Standing off to the side where he could mediate, but not hear the conversation his sister, brother-in-law, and nephew fell into, Elias shook his head. "The things we'll do for family..." His skin tingled, feeling eyes on his back. Turning slightly, he met the exact pair of eyes he expected and a welcome proffered drink. "But it's worth it isn't it, Barrett?" Taking one of the drinks that Davvin and Barrett brought, he smiled at his soulmate, finding himself completely at ease again. This kind of family at least, had been completely worth it.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 10-16-2017, 01:45 AM

Walking back over with the drinks, Davvin stopped several paces away from Tavis and his family, watching, but not yet walking over to introduce himself. He knew this was initially a moment for them. A moment to maybe begin to stitch together the wounds long left open and scarred over. He smiled slightly when he saw them hug, even if he knew too much had transpired between them, too much anger, too many fights, for things to ever be right. At least they could be here for this.

Barrett leaned into Tavis, tucking himself under the taller man's arm, "Hm? It's worth it to see other happy. And to see you so content. I like you like this." He smiled as he spoke, face and voice soft, none of the bravado earlier on his person earlier. This was just him and Elias, no need to make a scene, when they could say so much with so little. "I can see how much you love Tavis. How much he loves you. I'm glad you two had each other. And that you weren't ever really completely alone."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 PM

Meeting Davvin's eye again, Tavis nodded once to indicate that things were right now. Maybe not perfectly right, but good. Even beckoning Davvin over and watching the expressions on his parents' faces, he thought this also might at some point becoming right. In this moment at least, they could talk. All of them.

Seeing that he was no longer needed, Elias finally let his attention turn fully to Barrett. The feel of the younger man nestled against his side calmed his heart, made a soft smile pull across his lips. Pressing a kiss to the top of Barrett's hair, he sighed with contentment. Just a simple gesture like that was enough. Having Barrett near already felt like enough. "Yes, I suppose I was never alone. But that's the past now. I only invited my sister for Tavis' sake so there's no need to hover. Let's find us somewhere to sit shall we?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 10-19-2017, 02:54 AM

"Hm," Barrett responded, switching positions, so he could grab at Elias's hand, "Or we could go dance. A slow dance with my mate sounds real nice," he looked up at Elias as he pulling him toward the dance floor before his mate could respond, sure if he pouted enough he might be able to manage. The strains of a slow song had started playing in the background, and he just wanted to be able to revel in the fact that they were together, "It'd be a nice end to what was a really wonderful day."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-19-2017, 05:42 PM

Sighing, Elias conceded to his mate as always. "You occasionally have good ideas it seems," he murmured, letting Barrett lead him out onto the dance floor. Once they reached it, he pulled the smaller man around so that he could lead the dance, keeping Barrett as close as he could while still moving. A slow dance did sound wonderful in its own way and a part of him didn't mind showing off. To his family in particular that might have the sense to look up and see, he wanted to prove he found his mate. Barrett was his and nothing would change that. Leaning down to steal a quick kiss, he smiled. "But who said anything about the day being over?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 10-20-2017, 11:41 PM

Barrett pushed up into the kiss, turning what was supposed to have been a simple kiss into something a little deeper. It wasn't the type of kiss Elias usually allowed for in public, but Barrett knew the man wouldn't deny him this in the moment. There was just such a sense of contentment in the air at such a momentous occasion that it was pushing them together, making them really treasure the fact that they could be together. Pulling back from the kiss, he grinned slightly at Elias, a curious glint in his eye at his mate's words, "What do you have some plans that I don't know about?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-21-2017, 10:27 PM

Barrett won. There was no other way to describe how quickly he turned the tables with nothing more than a kiss. Elias bit back a groan as he dragged a hand through his hair. "No, I don't know what you're thinking about. I'm really no match for you am I?" he sighed. Stepping back, he hoped they hadn't drawn too much attention to themselves, though even if they did, wedding punch could always take the blame. Things happened at weddings. Wonderful things. He smiled at Barrett, willing to take this defeat. "It's just that I think a few more conversations and wedding perfect moments need to happen before the sun goes down. There's only one chance to take after all, right?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 AM

Barrett grinned at Elias, "You should just give up now, old man, you know you'll never really win," he said, his voice bright and joyous. Of course, Elias wouldn't win because he didn't really have to the heart to tell Barrett no, and Barrett knew that and wasn't afraid to exploit it. Plus, when you were with your mate was there really any such thing as losing? Barrett rested his head against Elias's chest as they continued to dance, "Hm, I guess, though I'd be content to just do this all night."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-22-2017, 12:42 AM

Smiling back, Elias just shook his head. "I'm only old because you make me feel it," he sighed. Something about Barrett's boundless energy did that to him, made him feel like he was always running behind, unable to catch up to the impossible joy that was Barrett. At least, until the younger man stopped and then pulled him right up next to him. That was what being with Barrett felt like. "Me too." Conceding to the fact, he continued to lead them in the same slow dance as before. Even if he worried about creating a scene now, it would be for naught. No one paid them attention, though Elias still wished that at least one person might notice him and Barrett dancing like a pair of soulmates. "Maybe I will dance with you all night after all. Seems no one really cares if we do or not?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 11-22-2017, 03:54 AM

"Mm. They can tell we're mates, and honestly not the most exciting couple here from what I've seen," Barrett murmured his head still resting on Elias's chest, not seeing any real need to move it when it allowed him to hear the gentle thumping of Elias's heart. Barrett didn't need them to be the center of attention, not right now, just them being together was enough. "Though, I mean, we can always find a way to cause of scene, if you want people looking. I'm sure I can find a way." Even as he spoke these words, his voice lilting towards mischievous, he still didn't move his head. He knew Elias wouldn't take the offer, but he couldn't resist putting it out there anyway.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-22-2017, 03:06 PM

Elias groaned low, his eyes narrowing at the top of Barrett's head. Of course his mate would suggest something so absurd that only he would enjoy. His voice taking on a chiding tone, he tutted a few times before giving up. "I know I can't tell you want to do or what scene not to make, but I'd prefer if you didn't. But after the next song, how about some cake?" he added, knowing Barrett would likely fall for it. Perhaps there were other people to talk to or things to be done tonight, but the most important one he could think of right now was to be near his mate.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 11-26-2017, 01:33 AM

Barrett lifted his head up then, squinting at Elias, "You know I actually wouldn't, right? I may tease, but right now, in a moment like this? I definitely wouldn't. Not unless you were okay with it too." he smiled gently as he said this, affection open in his voice and shining through his eyes. "That being said, if there's anyone here you feel the need to show me off to or our bond to. Well, I'm more than game ok." The teasing was out of his voice as he spoke. Hoping Elias would get the true meaning behind his words. As the final notes of the song played, "Cake sounds delicious though!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-26-2017, 03:28 PM

Elias hesitated, a particular person coming to mind. Clarissa always doubted, always made matters worse when he did not yet have his mark. She made her own mistakes right? It was immature of him, but he wanted her to see the two of them dancing now. Perhaps she already had, but he could be sure either. Shaking the thought away, Elias just smiled and pulled Barrett toward the cake table, their hands firmly latched together.

"But should I need to show you off like an arrogant teenager," he hummed, eyes straight ahead. He did not look over the crowd for his sister's face, or her much taller mate. He wasn't completely done with her for the day either, but he had something else in mind from the start. Showing off Barrett was just a childish joy he couldn't help but want to indulge in. "Anyway, you should go find Tavis after this. I have a feeling that that kid is going to make trouble at his own wedding. You'll probably find it fun."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM

"Maybe, I want to be shown off, huh?" Barrett asked, a little to his voice. After all, you're mate is awesome, ya know?" He grinned unrepetant as he said this, eyes drifting over the cake table as they got closer. There was already a group of caterers working at slicing it, the first slice having been exchanged between the two grooms. He had to admit the cake looked grand. His voice mellowed out before he continued speaking, subject matter serious, but mood still light, "Nah, I just know you're sister messed you up a bit. And if it was me, I'd want to stick it to her a bit.

Barrett reached for a large slice of cake as they spoke, eager to dig into it despite the serious vein the conversation was taking. "Finding Tavis sounds fun and all, so maybe I'll do that. And if you want, you go find your sister and talk to her." He spoke slowly, his words revealing behind all the bluster he was starting to read Elias clearly, "But don't you think for a second, I'll let you be completely alone against her. We're in all this together now." He grinned, "Besides, some punk kid as your mate, imagine her shock, ya know?"

With that, Barrett moved away from Elias, waving with his free hand as we went looking for somewhere else to head, but somewhere he could keep an eye on his mate. He both wanted to meet Elias's sister and make sure nothing happened that upset his mate. As much as he teased Elias, he much preferred the content man Elias was when things were going exactly at the sedate and natural way he liked them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 PM

A smile quirked up the corner of Elias' lips, the same devious emotions running through him at the thought of sticking it to his sister. How many years had he wanted to do that even though it was an immature thing? No, the conversation he wanted to have was one his younger self could never manage, straight words that would book no argument. "Should I do that then? Yes, I think I will talk to her," he hummed. His voice serious, Elias ran his eyes over the crowd, looking for that blonde head of hair that hadn't really changed since his youth.

Turning back to Barrett, he reached for his hand, squeezing it for a second. "Thank you," he whispered. "But for once, I think I can talk to her without coming out on the losing end. It won't take long and then..." He grinned again, eyes sparkling at Barrett. "We can show you off without saying a word. I think a passionate kiss in front of her should be enough," he chuckled. It wasn't that he didn't want Barrett to talk to Claira, but after all this talk of showing his 'awesome' mate off, he couldn't think of a better way than the undeniable proof of happiness that was a kiss.

After grabbing a slice of cake, Elias walked to the bar where he saw his sister nursing a drink. Getting one himself, he pulled a chair up in front of her, crossing one leg and leaning back with an appraising eye. Peter was nowhere to be found, so for just this moment, it was the two of them. "O-oh..." Claira stammered, flashing a smile that was as refined as her dress after years of practice, even if her voice didn't hold steady. "I didn't see you there. Elias dear, it's been so long that I almost didn't recognize you in that suit. It's tailored yes? What design-"

"We need to talk," Elias started. Claira opened her mouth, about to retort at being cut off, no doubt. But Elias held up a hand, stopping her before she could. "No, let me rephrase, I need to talk." Smiling, his eyes sharpened on his sister’s face. “Don’t mistake anything. I didn’t invite you for my own sake, only his," Elias stated, his eyes darting to the grooms' table. "Tavis is precious to me and for this day, just this day, I wanted him to have the lie of a family. It seems like you’ve changed Claira, and maybe you have. I don’t know. Maybe you do intend to be there from now on, in just the way you should. However,” he paused, his eyes narrowing even more. “I don’t think you will ever be a good mother to him. And Peter, will never be his father.”

Claira’s face paled, breath hitching just the slightest bit at his words. A perfect cover up, except he knew. Elias always knew. “You-” she hissed under her breath, closing the already small distance between them a little more that dark secret of hers. Elias just leaned back in his chair though, not the slightest bit intimidated from saying what he came here to say.

“I don’t care to get involved in that. You know it. If you push him out again though, I won’t stay idle.” Knocking back the rest of his drink, he planted both of his feet on the ground again. “I’m not the little boy you used to push around. From this point on, things are different. If you really are ready to change, come to me then. At that point, I will decide if I’m ready to make my own peace. So, until then…” Standing, Elias turned away, his hand brushing against the seat arm of Claira’s chair as he stepped past, finding Barrett immediately a few yards away.

Not hesitating, Elias wrapped an arm around the smaller male and planted a strong kiss on his lips, no subtly and no room for doubt that these two were mates. He knew that Claira stared at them which was just fine. If Barrett really wanted to talk to her, then that was fine too, but this was his own way of 'sticking it' to her. Who in this room was really happy; who here had no regrets? As he kissed Barrett, Elias felt completely satisfied while Claira deflated in her seat, knowing there was nothing else she could do.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-10-2017, 06:44 AM

So Barrett didn't really go to find Tavis at all, to nervous and reluctant to really leave his mate alone. Not in a situation like this. Not that he'd admit that to Elias, ever, but he worried about the old man sometimes. Which was perhaps dumb because of the two of them, Elias was clearly the one who could take of themselves, who had been doing it for longer. But they were in this together, and Barrett couldn't help but take that to heart, even in moments they needed to face alone. So maybe he hovered just out of the range of their conversation, trying not obvious or ridiculous but still there when Elias wanted him.

Barrett couldn't help his surprised gasp as Elias pulled him in for a kiss; it was shocking his mate had even suggested it, but this, this was far more showy than he'd expected. It was something Barrett would initiate, leading Elias helplessly behind him. That didn't stop Barrett from melting into the kiss, letting Elias lead this how he wanted, even if he nipped a bit at the older's man lips as well, unable to help himself.

When he finally pulled away from his mate, he couldn't stop a murmured, "Wow, babe," probably just loud enough for Claira to hear. Barrett smiled at Elias as he spoke; his love for him shining through his eyes, perhaps more clearly than ever. Finally, he decided to turn and acknowledge Claira, though he realized he didn't have much to say to her. Not when he saw her watching them a mix of shock and some other emotion playing over her face, "Jealous, huh?" he asked, still entwined with Elias, head tilted to the side in what he knew made him look cute. With those words, he tugged at Elias's hand pulling them away, ready to go back to the bubble of contentment from earlier.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-11-2017, 02:56 AM

Glancing back once at his sister, Elias let Barrett pull him away, more than content with how things turned out. He felt no embarrassment at the kiss he initiated, only a warm feeling that came with showing off his most important person. "Don't tease her too much..." Elias murmured with a smile on his lips. Stealing a kiss to Barrett's cheek, he pulled him back to the direction of the dance floor. "Now then, I think we had some dancing left to do? Until the end of the night." Chuckling to himself, Elias pulled them into a slow dance entirely irrelevant to the pace of the song playing. But this was their dance and right now, their dance floor. If he wanted to dance with his soulmate in his arms, then that was just what he was going to do. And if he wanted, he would do it till the end of his life.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-11-2017, 04:34 AM

~Epilogue~

Barrett grumbled as he pushed through the trees, seriously, why did his mate have to live in the middle of the freaking woods. It was all well and good when he was just walking around with his backpack, but trying to carry anything else through the woods just made it difficult. And given that he had Willow's carrier in his hands. Sure, he could have just driven his car up to the house, but he wanted to surprise Elias, and the care just made it too obvious. Still at this rate he was bound to send both him and Willow tumbling into the mud, which would have neither of them being very happy.

Still, the house and studio had just started to come into view and it didn't really matter. Buoyed by the sight, Barrett pushed forward, determined to surprise his mate. The plan he'd put into motion a couple weeks finally coming to fruition today. He couldn't wait to see the look on Elias's face, certain his mate had yet to notice.

Several moments later, with confidence, he burst into the studio, the space no longer forbidden to him, "Elias," he crowed, knowing his mate should be somewhere in here. It seemed like since they'd returned from the wedding all his mate had done was paint. It didn't take long for his eyes to settle on Elias, across the room, the space not that large, he grinned, "So, babe, I've kinda got a surprise for you," he said, walking up behind Elias after setting down Willow's cage. He smiled, wrapping his arms around Elias, "I officially handed in the keys to my apartment today. You know what that means, huh?" he asked, head tilted to the side like he did often, "I'm moving in!"