ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM

I created a thread in the Menewsha Nation a while back as a continuation of an old event thread in an effort to see if there were any more people on Menewsha who were interested in juggling and circus skills. I really want to try to revive that thread, so I figured I might try to do an event thread now to see if there were more people around interested in this.

The original thread has links to videos and websites where you can learn skills and buy toys, you are welcome to post more that you know of and I can add it to the front page.

So, do you juggle? Do acrobatics or other circus-related arts? Interested in learning? Then come and chat! :)

Sakubo
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Sakubo Send a message via Yahoo to Sakubo

Old 08-10-2011, 12:27 PM

Hello and sorry if I wasn't supposed to post yet, well I've always been interested in acrobatics but couldn't really do much in that department I can do some fail!basic juggling but I'm not that much interested in juggling..what about you?~

ljosberinn

Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 PM

Hey, that's fine, I would've said if you weren't supposed to post yet. I can't really do acrobatics - never have, and it doesn't help that my back isn't very strong and I broke my ankle last year which has left me really paranoid about breaking it again, so I'm always scared to do things that might risk that. I do like juggling stuff though, even if I've been really lazy at practicing for the last year or so - I just finished my last year of university, so I just didn't have much time at all during the winter to practice, and for some reason it's taken me ages to get back into it.
My favourites are contact juggling, staff and juggling balls (I can only do basic three ball juggling). I also know a bit of poi, devil sticks and I really want to learn properly to juggle clubs, I've tried it a few times and it's really fun even if I can't really do anything with them yet. xP

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 12:46 PM

You broke your ankle? That's horrible and sucks alot, well, I'm not that good at acrobatics and most stuff about it is taught to me by one of my close friends and we've pretty much been too busy to do anything new so I've totally slacked off, woah, at least you know more about juggling than I do, I have absolutely no knowledge about juggling so I've only tried randomly juggling some balls I find sometimes..

ljosberinn

Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 PM

Yeah, the worst thing about the ankle is that I can't seem to get over it. I'm still terrified of hurrying up or down stairs (I broke it by falling down the stairs), and I often physically feel pain or discomfort in it if I'm thinking about it or if I'm stretching it.
What kind of acrobatics have you been doing?

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 PM

I used to go and see this show which had circus acts and acrobatics. I went to see it, like, over 13 times haha. I used to love the ribbon and I was so jealous and wished I could be like them.

Sakubo
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 PM

I don't really understand what you mean by that since I don't have a certain type I usually use google to see some moves and try to do them but I love the flipping and stuff~ And Luna, I know right those ribbon users are so pretty. I used to watch on TV and was like; OOOOH.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Hello! Juggling sounds very interesting! I can't do it myself, but a couple of years ago I had a chemistry teacher who knew how. :sweat: