Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 AM

@Fabby: No, you're right. I agree with you, actually.
The book felt a lot more foreboding and that made it seem more exciting.
Not to mention, it did have that awesome battle at the end.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 AM

The Trailers promote "Romance" strongly.
lol So I guess the Director had to focus on one thing and go with it.

HikariKuro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 PM

I'm always in slyterin.... But I'm a nice person.... *replaces your cherry lollypops with blood flavored ones* ....honestly!

iEmoKitty

Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
But Dumbledore never told Harry about what the Horcruxes were in the book, either, but he did drop some better hints. Like the bit about Voldemort choosing objects that are important to him and whatnot.

Anyway, I saw the movie today and I really didn't like it. The entire thing just dragged on and and on for me.. there was no action and no tension. The scene at the end wasn't even that great. :\
That was exactly how I felt...It wasn't very good at all, but I did like the humor in it.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 PM

@iEmoKitty- Yes, me too.
Despite the fact that I was bored, I found several bits quite funny. Especially the part with the luck potion.

N I G H T
Lurky Shadowboxer =w=
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to N I G H T

Old 07-25-2009, 01:41 AM

I was more of a fan of the Harry Potter Books versus the movies, but I also loved the movies. It still amazes me that a penniless school teacher wrote a children's book on napkins that became famous all over the world. I think that's a more interesting story. =)

edit: The new movie was visually spectacular, but I thought it might have been conceptually too mature to keep the attention of younger people. After I left the premiere, I overheard several conversations that people were disappointed and bored. =(

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-25-2009, 03:46 PM

I posted this on IMDB. What do you think?

I don't think JK is good at creating relationships, as in "romantic".
Some just come right out of the blue with no (or little) development.
You are left to wonder "Why are these two together?"

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 07-25-2009, 08:51 PM

Bunai, which relationships are you referring to as coming out of the blue?

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-25-2009, 09:55 PM

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I thought Harry and Ginny's relationship came out of nowhere. There was nothing to indicate that Harry liked her for five books--then all of a sudden, he's in love with her? : /

Final Harry Potter Book SpoilerX

Lupin and Tonks also really came out of nowhere. It seemed as if Tonks fell in love, got married and had a baby in a few days. xD;;

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-26-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Random Randomness View Post
Bunai, which relationships are you referring to as coming out of the blue?
Well, Siri posted an example ^_^;;
I was aiming the question at anyone who Agreed or Disagreed.

It seems like characters were paired off in the end, but with no previous connection.

Haguruma
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Haguruma Send a message via MSN to Haguruma

Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 AM

My thoughts on the movies:

tSS: Got to love the first one. I mean, it's where everyone is introduced, right? And little Draco Malfoy is so adorable. xD; <3

CoS: One of my personal favorites for one reason: Parseltongue. Parseltongue is my favorite magical ability in the entire series. It's so awesome! How could you not want the ability to speak to snakes?

PoA: I'm not a huge fan of this one, but I still like it. Especially since Remus Lupin comes into play. Though, I wish they picked a different actor. Or at least forced him to shave. xD;

GoF: I loved the GoF because of the tension and Voldemort. His snake-faced self made the movie so much more interesting.

OotP: I hated, absolutely hated Umbridge. Literally, I wanted to stab that women. Severely. D<

HBP: I adored this movie the most. From Harry fighting with Malfoy, to him on Felix Felilius. It was awesome and I would watch it over and over again.

DH: We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

Relationships:
Harry/Ginny: Blech! How come he didn't even notice her for 5 books, then fell in love? What gives?
Ron/Hermoine: It was inevitable, really. xD;

Hyro5506

Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 AM

they must make a part two.it dosent end when dumbledore dies it goes on more:sarcasm:

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 08-04-2009, 03:06 AM

Uh, yeah. That is where Harry Potter and the Whispering Willow (check on title) comes into place. It is the 7th and final book.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 AM

Have merged this thread with the Harry Potter Catch-all thread.

Lady Lucius
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 AM

I really seriously felt that Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione were BOTH miscues on the romantic scene. I truly cannot imagine Hermione putting up with Ron 24/7 for the rest of her life (Ron is a good guy, but let's face it, he's no mental giant and he's kind of whiny) and I always felt that Harry/Ginny was sort of a cave-in, as if Ginny's 1st-year infatuation with Harry meant that they HAD to get together, but there was no other reason.

I haven't seen the latest movie, mainly because with no more than a moments' view of Lucius in a copy of the Daily Prophet, it's not worth the admission costs [cough cough], but I can honestly say WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DID THEY DO TO NARCISSA?!?! She's supposed to be YOUNGER than Lucius, for one thing (about a year), and beautiful (because like most HP characters her name fits and she's narcissistic), and they made her look like Lucius's badger-haired GRANDMOTHER. And Jason Isaacs looks every minute of his forty-six years, too, not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

@ Bartuc: I don't know if it had a different title elsewhere, like HP and the Philosopher/Sorcerer's Stone, but here in the US the title of the seventh book is Deathly Hallows.

Last edited by Lady Lucius; 08-04-2009 at 07:18 AM..

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 AM

SPOILERX

You know, Lupin and Tonks really was extremely random. But I forgive them for that, because they are intensely adorable together. But why, why did they have to die? -sobs-

I really don't mind Harry/Ginny, even if there wasn't a whole lot of buildup.

pax romana

Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 AM

If you want my opinion (clearly you yearn deeply, as you are reading this), I'm pretty sure, feel free to quote me on this, that the movie was complete mindless drivel.

There are too many wonderful moments cut out to make room for the teenagers slobbering and/or sobbing all over each other and Quidditch-- which was very impressive, don't get me wrong, but entirely unnecessary. They could have shaved five minutes off the Quidditch scene and had a proper ending, with Minerva seen taking a few stupifies and soldering on because, my god, the lady is made of iron--- and Snape, loosing his shit like a child.

Oh, no, I'm sorry... that would mean actual character development. Silly me, I know that has no place in the movies. :3

Also, Ginny/Harry has to be the most grossly insipid romance ever to grease those books. For the most part, I just skipped that when I was reading it. Does that make me cantankerous and bitter? The answer may be yes, but I also have a brain with which I use to think.

Lady Lucius
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-06-2009, 04:22 AM

[snork] Right on, soul brother.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Updated the front a bit, and linked to the "HP Book Discussion" thread.
So remember folks, though this isn't Book specific, they can of course - be discussed. ^_^

@pax romana
lol you really skipped it? :XD

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 AM

ah. Reading the Harry Potter wikia is so extensive... if I phrased that right.

strawberry witch
lil witchy
Send a message via AIM to strawberry witch

Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM

I love Harry Potter, I'm wearing my Half-Blood Prince shirt right now.
My favourite movies were Chamber of Secrets, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix (even though everyone else hated it), and Half-Blood Prince.
I can't wait for the last two movies, hopefully they don't mess it up.
My favourite character, by the way, is Neville Longbottom.
He's my husband.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM

I can't wait until the seventh and final movie comes out. Since it will be split up into two individual installments of the movie, I will be excited to see just as to how true to the book the movie will stay. I hope they stay true to it, because a book of such a finale deserves to be told in its entirety, not only in book but in visual medium as well. I just can't wait!!

strawberry witch
lil witchy
Send a message via AIM to strawberry witch

Old 01-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Honestly, I think that's what they should have done with the fifth movie.
They took out a lot of stuff, when they should have just made two movies.
I think they really should have kept the scenes in St. Mungo's, with Neville and his Gran visiting his parents.
In the movie, they made it sound like Frank and Alice Longbottom were dead.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 AM

From what I understand, the DH book was quite detailed. So a lot was cut huh?
I can totally see it more as a double movie, but I guess the studio didn't have confidence in a kids movie being able to be a two parter.

Anna Molly
♥ Call me Anna ♥
Send a message via MSN to Anna Molly

Old 02-27-2010, 03:38 AM

In my head/heart, Severus is alive because I love him...sort of...anyway.... I like to think that he was prepared and got himself to some sort of safety or something. Fanfic does it justice... (:

I'm rather looking forward to the new movie! I'm also wondering how the epilogue is going to work. Also, I didn't like HBP but I liked it a lot more than OoTP because I rather hated that movie. I'm never a fan of the movies, really, because they don't live up to my expectations. For example, in the Philosopher's Stone, they didn't include my FAVORITE part, the part where Hermione solves Snape's Potions challenge. I was sad. D:
Anyway, I generally am obsessed with the HP universe.