morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2010, 02:51 AM

star-crossed
Mmm, so my characters have been screaming at me, and I don't want to dedicate them to a story until have them completely figured out, so I decided what better way to get to know my characters and develop them than to write drabbles? THAT and I get more experience with writing and maybe even some tips on improving. Complete win situation if I do say so myself. I may also write some fanfiction-y drabbles, but I am going to try to keep it all original, at least the majority. C:
Table of Contents
  1. The Introduction
  2. Challenges
  3. Characters
  4. Drabbles and Constructive Criticism

Last edited by morning stories; 02-17-2010 at 10:08 PM..

morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2010, 03:11 AM

challenges
The First 50 Themes.
Found @
50 lovequotes
1. I would go anywhere to get to you, so why is it that all you have to do is smile to get to me?
2. Kisses are like tears. The only ones that are real are the ones you can't hold back.
3. It's funny how someone can live each and every day without knowing that their existence is the reason you live.
4. A little jealousy in a relationship is healthy. It's nice to know that someone is afraid to lose you.
5. Find someone who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.
6. A dream is just a dream until you make it come true.
7. You are everything I never knew I always wanted.
8. I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
9. You can't stay mad at someone who makes you laugh.
10. I look at them, and they look back with those incredible eyes, smile, and it pathetically makes my entire day.
11. I don't love you because I need you; I need you because I love you.
12. Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to.
13. I think the worst thing about life would be having to go through it without you.
14. Never say sorry for what you meant to do.
15. Some things are worth waiting for...even if you have to wait forever.
16. For some moments in life, there are no words.
17. All I want is for someone to hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay.
18. Someone asked me what I saw in you, and my only answer was everything.
19. Sometimes, you need to run away to see who will follow.
20. Goodbyes make you realize what you've gained, what you've felt, and what you've taken for granted.
21. I never knew I had a dream until that dream was you.
22. People wish upon stars because one day, they hope that those wishes will come true.
23. We're so weird. That's what I like about us, actually.
24. Being deeply loved gives you strength; deeply loving someone gives you courage.
25. To fear love is to fear life. Leonidas and Alexander
26. Kiss; a lovely trick designed by nature for when words become unnecessary.
27. It's not that I want to have you. I want to deserve you.
28. No three words have a greater power than "I love you".
29. Nothing is more beautiful than a love that has survived the weathered journey of life.
30. Love is when you would willingly give up everything if it meant they would smile.
31. You have to walk carefully at the beginning of love. The running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later, when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
32. Love knows not its own depths until the hour of seperation.
33. Right now, I can't remember yesterday, and I don't care about tomorrow. This moment is all that matters.
34. When you love someone, it's something. When someone loves you, it's another thing. When you love the person who loves you back, it's everything.
35.Love is, in fact, everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
36. Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
37. I know it's hopeless when you're my answer to every question.
38. You don't need me or anyone else to make you special; you already are.
39. I can't promise you the world. I can't promise you wealth, comfort, or even happiness. But I can promise you one thing...no matter what happens, you will always be loved.
40. Hello is such a simple word. But from the right person, it can mean everything.
41. Never be afraid to touch someone.
42. Be careful with your heart. If you give it away, you may never get it back.
43. Sometimes someone can say something so small and meaningful that it manages to fit right into that empty space in your heart.
44. Tears are words the heart cannot say. Kyle, William and Natalie
45. A promise is all I want. A promise that you will never forget me.
46. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was choice, but falling in love with you was completly out of my control.
47. I never want another person to know just how incredible you are.
48. Don't say we aren't right for each other. The way I see it, we aren't right for anyone else.
49. It's not what I feel for you. It's what I don't feel for anyone but you.
50. What's meant to be will always find a way.

The Second 50 Themes
Found @
100 prompts
1. First kiss Kyle and Natalie
2. Final
3. Numb
4. Broken wings
5. Melody
6. Rules
7. Chocolate
Nostalgia
9. Heartbeat
10. Stranger
11. Confusion
12. Bitter
13. Afterlife
14. Daybreak
Audience
16. Endless sorrow
17. Fireworks
18. Wishing
19. Happy birthday to you
20. Tomorrow
21. Oppression
22. Agony
23. Return
24. Protection
25. Boxes
26. Hope
27. Preparation
28. Beautiful
29. Lies
30. Underneath
31. Hide
32. Diary
33. Unforeseen
34. Conditional
35. Gone Sakura Haruno
36. Clear skies
37. Heartache
38. Wired
39. Insanity
40. Foolish
41. Words
42. Study
43. Punctual
44. Piggybank
45. Shooting star
46. Writer's Choice

47. Writer's Choice
48. Writer's Choice
49. Writer's Choice
50. Writer's Choice

Last edited by ToriKat; 11-04-2010 at 11:25 AM..

morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 AM

characters
ORIGINAL
Natalie Paige Fords
Kyle Anthony Hobbs
Aurelia
Prince Alexander
Gertrude
First Knight Leonidas
FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN
Reno of the Turks
Elena of the Turks
Vincent Valentine
Cloud Strife
TEEN TITANS
Beast Boy
Raven
Cyborg
Starfire
Robin
NARUTO
Suigestu
Karin
Sasuke Uchiha
Sakura Haruno
Sabaku no Gaara
Hinata Hyuga
Shikamaru Nara
Sabaku no Temari
Sabaku no Kankuro

Last edited by morning stories; 03-22-2010 at 12:52 AM..

morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 AM

44. Tears are the words the heart cannot say.
Characters: Kyle, William and Natalie.
No one felt more betrayed by Natalie than Kyle, she had lied and not just that, she lied shamelessly to his face. She had good reason, but still, he had trusted her. His anger and frustration had quickly turned to regret after talking to the pack leader, William. Kyle and Natalie had grown close over the previous weeks; Kyle had grown attached to his “human” companion. She had found out his secret the same time as he found out hers but she had been the bigger person, she had forgiven him. Natalie understood why he kept is curse a secret, like he should understand why she kept her magic a secret.

“You need to talk to her,” His friend’s voice rang strong in his ears, William, the constant voice of reason. William had forgiven her already, William was always the best of them, always helping and taking chances. He took a chance by telling Benjamin, he took a chance when he allowed Kyle to go his own way, to take on that other demon on his own.

There was something about her though, something that made his blood boil but at the same time lured him in like a fish on a hook. All he could think about was all the time he “wasted” on Natalie, how she had run out of one of her shoes and he brought it to her house. He called her his little Cinderella. He wondered if she would have ever told him, he had to hear it from that thing. He gritted his teeth, he knew he wasn’t angry, he couldn’t stay angry. He had met someone and that person filled something within him that he never knew was there, and without her it was like an empty void in his body – in his soul that needed filling. Natalie was outside, he could smell her there, she was probably talking to Kate. He need to see her, needed to talk. Kyle wanted to apologize, he had overacted, screamed at her to leave and never come back.

He never thought he’d be happy someone didn’t listen to his demands. William had left him to mull things over by himself, but he had already decided. Hopefully though, Natalie would listen. Kyle swallowed his pride and opened the door, Natalie was dressed like she always was, her usual stunning classic look, like an old movie star. Her red hair was loose around her shoulders, she was seated and she was clearly staring at the ground, Kate was sitting next to her. Kyle approached them but said nothing, not until Natalie looked up. She looked so sad, so defeated. She stood up almost as if she expected him to tell her to leave; she bit her lip and fought back the tears.

It killed him to see her like that, before he found out she was a witch he would have never thought he’d hurt her like this. Kyle couldn’t speak, he found himself drowning in the tears that Natalie’s eyes held. Her lip quivered and finally the first tear fell. “I,” She looked away so quickly and started walking to the closed gate. He couldn’t let her leave, not until he said something, he grabbed her arm and she looked at him. Kyle felt like he was a monster, “I’m – I’m sorry Natalie, please don’t go,” It had the opposite effect that he wanted, she started sobbing uncontrollably, he pulled her close and wrapped her in his strong arms with an overwhelming feeling of guilt and sadness. It wasn’t until Natalie wrapped her small arms around him that he realized that despite his own stupidity, he’d have another chance with Natalie.

morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-18-2010, 12:27 AM

1. First kiss
Characters: Kyle and Natalie
There was some need, some desire that ripped through him when he saw her. The first day she was there he knew she was someone special, someone he’d need close to his heart. A first attraction, he was naïve and he didn’t understand his own emotions. Kyle had been around many women, Madeline, Kate, his mother, the girls at school, but never had he felt so drawn to a girl that he couldn’t stop thinking about her. The moment he had a chance he tried to be her friend, force his way into her life and it seemed like she was glad to have another friend, her eyes were always sparkling with life, with happiness, with something he wanted around him for the rest of his life. He was lucky that he had found her so early on.

It had only been a few weeks that he had been actively pursuing her, but it felt like a lifetime. Natalie was everything he wanted and more, but Kyle was unsure of how to tell her. Unsure of how to express himself because he had never needed to show anyone that emotion. His friend William had long since told him to make his first move, to just get it out of the way and let her know how he truly feels.

He could hear the knocking on the front door, but his stomach jumped a little, unsure if he should make his move now or wait until after their day at the carnival. Either way, they’d either become what he wanted – or they wouldn’t speak for a while. Kyle thought this over and then shook his head, no matter how long he thought, he wouldn’t know what to do. So he opened the door and looked at Natalie, she smiled at him, “Come on Kyle, the carnival isn’t going to be there forever!” She grabbed his hand and tugged him out of his house.

“Hold on,” Kyle pulled on her hand, causing her to stumble slightly backwards. She turned towards him and tilted her head, how the heck was he supposed to do this? “You’re just going to kidnap me without giving me a hug?” He pouted a bit and she grinned before she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her level for the hug.

“There, better?” She let go and put her hands on her hips.

“Just one more thing,” He said before leaning down, he pecked her on the lips, her lips were soft and smooth, everything he had imagined them to be. The kiss was brief but gave him an unrealistic ideal for their relationship. Natalie looked at him with her large brown eyes and said nothing, she was blushing. Kyle grinned. “Come on, wouldn’t want to miss the carnival,”

“Y – yeah,”

morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-06-2010, 08:27 AM

25. To fear love is to fear life.
Characters: Leonidas and Alexander
Tension was always high with them, Aurelia and Alexander clashed like the Titans themselves when they were in the same room. The Prince thought she was a siren come to destroy his kingdom while his friend, his best and trusted knight Leonidas thought she was just a mere woman, but how could she be? When he was alone, he realized that his friend was correct, perhaps he had been overreacting to her sudden appearance in the kingdom, Leonidas had a good head on his shoulders, but he was a bit naïve. “Your highness,” Leonidas sat next to the Prince who had tried to hide away in the stables, “You are acting like a child,” He said plainly, Alexander frowned and looked away from his friend.

“You are acting like a smitten fool,”

“I am but not for who you think,” Leonidas retorted, “But honestly, if you are going to mope around over a woman, I think I may have to poke fun at you publically,”

Alexander wrinkled his nose, “You wouldn’t dare,”

Leonidas stood up and shrugged his shoulders, “The way you are acting... You’re crazy in love, and you’re scared,” Leon smiled a bit and then put a strong, reassuring hand on his friend’s shoulder, “And you were scared I was going to fall for the siren, my Prince, my friend, just admit it, you like her,”

Wrinkling his nose Alexander denied it once more, “Don’t fear love, otherwise you’ll spend the rest of your days alone your Highness, and with all due respect, I don’t think your father would be pleased that you were the last of his line,” Alexander slumped over a little as Leonidas left him alone in the stables.

“Love… her?”

morning stories
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 AM

35. Gone
Character: Sakura Haruno
Alone was never something she handled well, Sasuke leaving her in Kohona was hard enough to handle, after his departure she was more than just muddled and confused. Sakura Haruno felt abandoned; she relied on the support of her teammates, she was weak compared to them, she had no bloodline ability, all she had was her mind, and she was slowly loosing that as well. It used to be that no matter how lost she felt, no matter how far from the path she traveled there was always someone there to catch her, someone to guide her back. Now she was her own compass, Naruto was gone off to train, Sasuke had left them because they were worthless in his eyes, he was so worried about catching Itachi he didn’t see what he had standing right in front of him.

She had lived through many days feeling regret, feeling lost and lonely, and then she woke up. Sakura realized that she could live her life with or without them, and with a little push; she had decided to train as a medical ninja. That was nearly a year ago. She could still remember those days as though they only just happened.

They were constantly in her thoughts, plaguing her every breathing moment. Moving on was impossible, they had left deep cuts in her heart, made perfect, imperfections on her heart and left her in a world of hurt. With her new abilities, her new techniques and knowledge of healing, she couldn’t fix her own scars.

As the days turned to years, the one thing that kept her going was the idea that they’d be back. Naruto would come back from training and Sasuke would realize his mistake and come to Kohona, face his punishment and then be allowed back into the community. Even with all the pain she had endured, Sakura was still a hopeless romantic, an idealist. Today was the start of a new day though; Sakura had made her final decision.

Fixing her short hair around her headband, she looked in the mirror and gave herself a sad smile. “Time heals all wounds,” She murmured to herself before flipping over the picture of herself, Naruto and Sasuke.