Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM

A discussion to see if anybody on here has read Skulduggery. I have read all but the most recent one, but I really wish I had it. It's such a good book!
For those who have not read it, but want to have a preview, to see what it's about, I will tell you.

Ace Detective, Snappy Dresser, Razor-tongued wit, Crackerjack Sorcerer, and Walking, Talking, Fire throwing Skeleton-
as well as Ally, Protector, and Mentor of Stephanie Edgley, a very unusual and darkly talented twelve year old(Gets one year older along with the books).
These two alone must defeat an all-consuming ancient evil.
The end of the world?
Over his dead body.

And that's only for the first book.
If you are interested, I suggest looking it up, and getting it. If not, well... More for us. :3

SorchaRose

Old 05-28-2013, 12:04 AM

I love Skulduggery Pleasant, but I only have the first three books in the series. I know the books are geared towards a younger audience, but that doesn't matter they're still amazing :)

Rozenburg
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Skulduggery Pleasant is just an amazing series! I just was able to finish the newest book, The Last Stand of Dead Men, and I personally believe that it is the best book so far! But now that I have read it pretty much as soon as it came out, now I need to wait a full year for the last book to come out >.<. I just don't think I will be able to do it! But I would also like to put out there that the overall idea of the series is a uniqueness of its own, and that I really appreciate Derek Landy for the gift that he has given the world. I am sure I am taking to all y'all Skulduggery Pleasant fans when I say that Valkerie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant is one of the best book detectives!

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-22-2013, 11:27 PM

I have not read them but they sound kind of cool... You might find this girl's videos interesting, she is a big fan of Skullduggery Pleasant and has met the author several times. I found her book collection video quite by chance. (I <3 book collection "tours.")

Bookshelf Tour (Part 1) - YouTube

AlexiStarlight

Old 04-11-2014, 02:17 AM

I've only read the first two but they were so good. I'm working on acquiring the others at some point, on the long list of things I still have to finish reading.

Latigua
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-12-2014, 04:48 PM

I read the first book in the series and was pleasantly surprised. I had found it in the children's section of my local library and figured why not? What I got was an amazing story about a girl and a skeleton. How cool this that? So cool! When I get around to it I will read more of them.

Aganab
Butt

Old 05-28-2014, 09:22 AM

...Just bringing this old thread back.

I have a few friends who absolutely love Skulduggery Pleasant. I've borrowed the first book from one of them (it was actually Rozenburg who posted in this thread previously) and I read it and now I see what they see in the series. It was so good! The storyline is great, the action gets me so pumped, and, most of all, I adore all that witty banter. I actually just recently finished reading the second book in the series, and that was just as good as the first one, so yeah, I'm definitely going to read the rest of them.