JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 12-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Now I've got some clay competition with pancake in the wearable section yay! Nice job:)

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-26-2010, 10:20 PM

i have some scarves in the wearable category too!
unless i'm no competition lol ;)

JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 12-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Linnea: Of course you are silly! I meant, another clay project. I can't make scarves, so that is neat.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-26-2010, 11:33 PM

i'm not much with clay things, but i would definitely buy a set of your earrings and pancake's hair clip and cell charm!
very crafty indeed!

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Blossom :)

Your penguin earrings are adorable!

And clay is the only talent I have! LOL!

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:16 PM

fdsjklfjal

I'm so bummed right now, D:
I took a picture of the presents I wrapped for my boyfriend, but I forgot to put my picture on it. >;

Ah well I suppose.. dummy me. ;__;

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-28-2010, 05:26 PM

Is there anything in the background of the pics we could use as an identifier? And then you could just take a pic in that same spot with your username in it?

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 12-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Uhmm, there's my blanket and dresser/things in my dresser? :'3
The blanket is pretty much in the same spot, I just folded it up again from this morning~

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 PM

That sounds like it might work. :) Wanna give it a try?

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 PM

Yupps, I'll do it in just a bit. c:

I’ve made something festive!

Category: Gift Wrapping
Description: These are just the gifts for my boyfriend. I wrapped others, for my family, but they opened them before I even had a chance to take a picture. xD And since I was seeing him later in the day, his were still there. c: I've never really put ribbon on presents before, so it was new to me (I'm so simple with presents. D: ). I planned on making a bow out of the ribbon, but I failed miserably so I just ended up putting a pre-made bow on it instead, but it still looks really nice. ^^
Entry:
Picture with Username - Username close up & readable

If those don't work Belly, just lemme know and I'll do more. c: iPod's don't take the best of pictures, so I apologize. D:

Last edited by .Simplicity.; 12-28-2010 at 05:56 PM..

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 12-29-2010, 03:35 AM

User: Silverbeam

Category: Single Ornament (the ball with stars)
Description: I made over 300 stars to fill this globe, wrapped with a ribbon bow and painted the cap for a wishful filled ornament.
Entry:

Category: Wearable (gold Star Necklace)
Description: Cut strips of metallic golden paper, made into origami stars, then using a needle and beads, into a shining necklace.
Entry:
Quote:

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-29-2010, 06:08 AM

@Simplicity ~ those pics will be just fine. Sorry I didn't respond sooner! =)

Wow Silverbeam! That must have been an awful lot of work ~ they're lovely. :)

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Category: Single Ornament
Description: These are balloon ornaments. I made them by blowing up a balloon and getting yarn (dipped in glue) and wrapping the yarn around the balloon (then sprinkling glitter) once the glue was dry I popped the balloon and TADA festive nest ornament. .. thing
Entry:

SPOILERX

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 12-30-2010, 02:31 AM

Category:Single Ornament
Description: Angelic Teddy Bear. Made this for my Mum and used random stuff around the house. Used some old lace, sort of opalescent ribbon, sparkly paper, thread, beads, puff balls, old jewelry and feathers. The inside is made of a small pot (normally used for plants) and a small bell. So it's a bell as well as an ornament.
Entry: Ornament with name tag, Ornament without name tag, Ornament bottom/inside, Ornament back.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 AM

Category: Wearable
Description: These are fiber art necklaces that I made and gave out as gifts! Each yo-yo is hand sewn from a round of fabric, then gathered and all sewn together. Add some pretty ribbon and a clasp and viola! Pretty gifts!
Entry:

SPOILERX

or necklace

SPOILERX

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/5504/img0849s.jpg horrible image quality! My camera is on the fritz :/

Category: Decorative Spread
Description: My Christmas tree! We have a main one, but I decided a few years ago to have a full sized, 6 1/2 foot one in my room! The color theme is purple, green, and blue and the star is a fantastically sparkly sea star. Oh and bonus points for the Kermit the Frog hat on top of my Buddha head ;)
Entry:

SPOILERX

and sorry it's on the side... imageshack was being silly

Last edited by Woodlandnymph; 12-30-2010 at 05:43 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 12-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Description: This is a nifty little picture I made with colored sand:) I am thinking it would be in the ornament category, cause it can hang line ornaments do :)
Entry:

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 PM

It was quite a bit of work! Wish you could see the stars in person, they are really pretty with many different kinds of paper.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 AM

Yay! More entries! :boogie:

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:34 AM

Description: These are the presents I wrapped for my family. I didn't make the paper (or the little red boxes) but I actually did make all the bows by hand, out of flat ribbons and tape. I had no boxes so some of the squishy stuff made for some fascinatingly odd-shaped packages.
Entry: The Pile, Simple Bow, Loop Bow, Traditional Pointy Bows (these were sort of hard to do, but really satisfying to look at once completed) ^_^

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 PM

I has entries. Hope one big post is ok. :)

Category: Decorative Spread
Description: This is the garland and wreathes we decorated our front door with. It's store bought plastic "pine" garland with added lights, gold glittery poinsettias, pine cones, little "berries", glittery mesh ribbon and some glittery words. There's still glitter on the floor from constructing this thing weeks ago. It was made on the kitchen floor and then put around the doorway with finishing touches like the words added. The wreathes are really simple with poinsettias and bows. Mom made the bows, I'm horrible at bows. >_>
Entry: Door Garlands and Wreathes and Wreath Closeup with name
The name's a bit fuzzy, but it's the same cookie take I've used in all of my other entries. :)

Description: This funky shaped box was a challenge to wrap! I didn't think I'd get it to be perfect but I tried.
Entry: Triangle shaped present

Description: This is a gift wrapped in "homemade" gift wrap with a bow made of the same. I recycled some pages of a food magazine to wrap the gift and also made the bow out of the same food magazine :D You can see some of the text on the bow and the wrapping paper.
Entry: Front of gift with homemade bow and Back of Gift

The gift wrapping entries come with a bonus video :D I was trying to take pictures but the puppies wanna play! Introducing Niku and Opie as the Photoshoot Wreckers ^_^;;

Please excuse my coughing and the broken chair that I just dragged into the spare room >_>;; Stupid chair.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 12-31-2010, 10:34 PM

Okay! I don't think I'll be able to do that terrarium I mentioned, but as you know I've created an ornament. I also have two other things I'm going to enter once they're finished.

Question for you, though, Belly. I'm carving two little figurines that go together. They're not part of a big scene, but they do go together, so it's not exactly singular. Can I enter them together in the single ornament category, or do they need to go in the spread category? I'd rather put them in the single ornament category, if I could.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 AM

You can put them in the single ornament category if you'd prefer. :) I'm happy that you're entering! :heart:

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Category: I'm not sure if it's a Single Ornament or Decorative Spread put it where you think is best! ^^
Description: These are home made christmas crackers I made for my family, each one is special to them and I filled them with little gifts and the manditory joke and hat! We cracked them on christmas day before the roast. ^^ - Umm I know quite a few people don't know what christmas crackers are umm, if don't Pm me and i'll explain?
Entry:

Description: A paper 3d snowflake!
Entry:

I hope my entries are ok! Any problem just ping or pm me!

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 01-01-2011, 06:39 PM

home made christmas crackers! AWESOME!

----------

Category: Decorative Spread – christmas tree
Description: I made many of the ornaments on the tree. the little blue dangling stars, the silver cut out stars, the ribbon bows, and more! Second picture is my pet squirrels on the tree! please click both. Third is because I forgot a note!
Entry:

----------

Now I have entered all three. Hurray!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 AM

Silverbeam - Your sugar gliders are absolutely adorable!

Yay, I'm finally all done with the crafts I made for this! I wanted to enter them all at once because... because I don't know, but that's why I'm only just now sending these in. I finished the last thing just mere minutes ago.

Category: Single Ornament(s)
Description: Woodland Gnomes - These little gnomes were hand-carved (or rather, whittled) by yours truly from firewood (what's more wintry than firewood?) and painted in acrylic paint. The only part of their construction that I did not particpate in was cutting them down to size (I don't trust myself with a saw), and gathering the firewood in the first place (a feat done by my mother). Despite looking relatively simple, these were rather labor intensive to make. Armed only with a buck knife, the project had to be spread out over the better half of a week and resulted in a few pulled muscles and sore fingers. While not inherently winter or holiday-related, I think their woodsy, folk-art style is very warm and wintry-looking, and I can just see some little child playing with them in a cabin up in the mountains.
Entry: Woodland Gnomes
Gareth
Lydia
Aww

Description: Felt "Trippy" Owl Ornament - Made from felt, googly eyes, some rather trippy fabric, a couple of feathers, and some pages from what seems to be a very bad book, this little owl is ready to hang from a branch and add some funky character to his tree!
Entry: Trippy, sans tree

Category: Wearable
Description: Winter Feather Headband - The crowning jewel (ha) of my recent projects, I'm quite proud of how this turned out. I started with a cheap little hot pink headband, and using hot glue, covered it in a mottled brown material, and then black lace over that (which is no easy feat when the lace was made curved, like to go around a hem or something). After cutting out a teardrop shape from a cardboard box, I covered it in a lovely fabric (although you can't see it very much), and then picked out the perfect feathers from my stash, trimmed them to size, carefully affixed them, attached this gorgeous button, and glued the whole thing onto the headband. Voila! Though it ended up looking a bit victorian, I think the warm browns and feathers are quite appropriate to the winter season, and I hope you feel the same way.
Entry: Winter Feathers & Lace Headband
Being worn (it was very difficult to take this shot myself, and it would have been even more so if I had tried to include the name tag in there, I hope you don't mind - it is present in the other shots. Also, do excuse my messy hair, I swear I comb it... I just have a lot of breakage.)
En tableau

Looking through the previous entries, we have some seriously skilled crafters here! I'm very impressed by everyone's entries! Not a single one looked iffy. I don't stand a chance against you guys! :lol:

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 01-02-2011 at 02:18 AM..