[Amphorae]
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to [Amphorae] Send a message via Yahoo to [Amphorae]

Old 08-03-2007, 04:45 PM

(Reference picture to the right)

It took me a little over three hours to do. Any comments or suggestions?

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 08-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Wow, you're great at drawing realism pictures.. o-o Everything is perfect, except for maybe the eyebrows and the nose..but overall, it looks great. ^^ I'm not much of an artist, so I can't really give much suggestions.. ^^;

[Amphorae]
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppi
Wow, you're great at drawing realism pictures.. o-o Everything is perfect, except for maybe the eyebrows and the nose..but overall, it looks great. ^^ I'm not much of an artist, so I can't really give much suggestions.. ^^;
Thank you so much! :] Yea, I think I need to try and align the eyebrows a bit and maybe go back in and make them so they don't look glued on.

crystal_wings6
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 PM

the shading between the nose and mouth erea. It's sepose to be dark.

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 PM

wow thats really god! Very nice use of colour!

[Amphorae]
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-03-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeluma
wow thats really god! Very nice use of colour!
Thanks a bunch. :]
Winter told me I sucked at it XD but I wasn't striving for totally realistic.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 AM

• Wow, you do such good work for drawing realistic pics. I'm not much of an artist so I can't give too much tips.. but an eyebrow is shorter than the one in the real pic... >.> I know I'm horrible at picking out small details.

Actually what really got me to comment is that picture actually reminds me of someone I know. :o

cis
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-07-2007, 04:01 PM

Wow! You're amazing. I think it looks really good. Even if the picture is not exactly like the photo, there's a plenty of "mood" in the picture which makes the picture look professional. And that's an amazing job on the nose.

[Amphorae]
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2007, 10:34 PM

Thank you, I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. I've actually gone back in and redone some things :]

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 AM

some of your shadows are too harsh, and there are places that need more shadow. try to not use blacks while mixing paints, it will give you warmer shadows that look more realistic. and for the alignment of the face, try tilting your painting and photo either sideways or upside down and treat them as shapes rather than nose, eyes, etc.
hope this helps. :D
it looks very nice though.

Yinneh-dono
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-09-2007, 03:01 AM

Wowie! I love the style you have in your realism! The colors are really nice *^*

But it feels kind of dark to me. >w<

mangacatgirl
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM

It's good. The thing I notice right away is that the lips in the art piece are smaller than those in the photo... The perspective probably shifted when you made the eyes closer together in the drawing than they are in the photo. Oh! and the nostril on the left side of the photo is visible, but not in the drawing.

I'm not trying to be picky, sorry. I do like the piece, it looks very nice and I can tell you put a lot of effort into it. You did a good job.