Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2009, 03:45 AM

Hi, I've always wanted to roleplay, but have no experience! So far I get that, after gathering characters, a plot begins and people improvise it, and I'm itching to try. But I'd like to start with a slow RP (one that doesn't go too fast so I won't miss anything), but almost all of the RPs seem to be fast-paced here. What do I do? Helppp~ :cry:

Last edited by Aerinn; 11-04-2009 at 04:03 AM..

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 AM

I'll do a structured RP with you. I don't know what sort of genres you like, but we'll plot it here, I guess, and then stick to the outline. Normally in RPs if the others want to improv. . .there's not much you can do, I don't think. I'm still fairly new myself, but I just go with it. Like I said, I don't mind doing a structured RP, though. It could be cool.
When we post it on the RP forum we'll just specify that it's more structured than other RPs.

Oh now that I read your edit, I have another suggestion: You could start with a one on one RP. There's a section for ppl requesting. That way the plot can't move without you. hope that helps. :)

Last edited by mwahhaha; 11-04-2009 at 04:11 AM..

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 11-05-2009, 01:28 AM

I would gladly role play with you and show you the works^^ I can not wait to see your style that you will devolve. For a starter I would suggest a basic forest Role Play one on one. I was going to say Romance, but that can be a bit tricky at times. Just sent me a PM since mwahhaha (awesome name) Called setting something up with you in the thread xD.

Hilf
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hilf

Old 11-05-2009, 03:34 AM

Why hello.
I've been RPing for ten years, and am always glad to hear about people who are interested in trying it out.
For starters- I would not say one genre or setting is easier than another. The easiest way to determine what you'd have more of an advantage writing on is by looking at books you like to read. What do they have in common? Romance, adventure, modern life, elves, etc? Compile that into your strengths, and remember weaknesses -especially those you want to try.

I'd be glad to do a large RP with you. Honestly, I believe this is the fastest and best way to learn. Throw yourself in and either sink or swim. However, if you want one on one instructions, we can work in a more personal setting. Either way, should you wish it, I will also offer my advice and constructive criticism.

There are "free form" RPs, where there is no plot. Just a general setting, and characters to interact with one another. This is good for just exercising (I often use it to solidify and draft a character), and then plot-heavy RPs. This one is generally guided by a GM (game master) so it does not drive off-course too badly. Plot-heavy tend to be slower, since it's reliant on one person.

EvieGloom
Evie the Sheep

Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 AM

I'm in the same boat, sort of. I come from a free-form avatar based RP on another sort of metaverse (hesitant to name it, not sure Menewasha's policy on such things), and I'm not sure how to make the transition into forum-based RP. I know a lot of people who have gone the otherway and most do sing the praises of this sort of RP.

The first thing to do, from what I know of RP, is to watch and observe a couple of days.
I guess the second is see what the rules of ettiquette are for joining each type of RP. It many even vary with GMs, some requireing applications, and some not.

Don't worry about the no experience, that you'll gather soon enough, eh? There are usually people who will help you out.

The biggest things to remember with RP though, real life comes first and once it becomes roleWORK, it's time to take a break.

Go out, have fun, and best of luck to you! :D