Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 AM

When the woman burst into the kitchen Scarlett stared, surprised by how unlady like she acted. She smiled to a man who introduced himself as Samuel. "Hello." She said, giving a slight bow. She realized it might seem odd to the others, but it was what she had been taught to do. And most likely she was the only one of the group that knew how to do many household chores. Her kingdom only had a few servants. Plus her mother wanted her to learn how to take care of herself in case of the Royal Family ever falling out of power.

The blonde looked around at the group with her emerald eyes, then sat at the informal table next to the only man that had bothered introducing himself. She was rather silent due to not really knowing what to say at the moment. Sure the woman's behavior had been rude, and kind of sickening.. but she didn't feel the need to voice her opinions. It's not like anyone of these people cared what she thought. They were just here to play the game, not engage in mindless chit chat with her. The blonde bit her bottom lip a little, her slender finger gently trailing over her glass of water. How was she ever going to find love here?

But, as her father said, Royal marriage wasn't about love. It was about the kingdoms. The benefits from the marriage, the rule that there had to be a King or Queen. Not that they had to wait for the Princess or Prince to find love before there was a King or Queen. She looked up at the mention of a huntress. Scarlett didn't hunt herself, but she often went out into the woods for sanctuary for there was none at home. Sometimes she'd go outside for hours and swim in the small lake she had found surrounded by the beautiful green forest. Those moments of being alone was what kept the blondes sanity. That and the constant reminder that if she cracked, her younger sister would just step up and replace her.

Alex woke up about an hour after his arrival and groaned, sitting up. His hands gently ran over the silk sheets, pleased with their crimson color. He stood quickly, looking at himself in the antique mirror before him. The male aimlessly ran a hand through his dark hair and stared at his long sleeved, black button up shirt. Then just an old pair of black pants. He sighed, figuring that he was pleased with his own appearance. A moment later the male was out the door and on his way to the kitchen in search of food.

The male paused just out front of the kitchen door, hearing a small group of people chatting. He grimaced. He'd have to meet everyone in order to get a meal. He gently pushed open the door, his dark brown eyes eying everyone curiously. "Hello. My name is Alexander." He said, giving a slight bow. By the way they stared and talked it seemed to Alex that he had just missed something important.

His eyes quickly locked onto the food on the table and glided over to the table, taking the first seat he could get his hands on. He sat down, looking back at the rest of the group. He would wait before eating. Even though he didn't care at all about the others, he still had his manners. And he had grown up knowing that when put in a situation like this, he had to wait for everyone to sit and eat.

April
"They call me.. MISTER Pig."

Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 PM

A cool breeze tickled the crown Emperor's naturally disheveled hair. Morning or not, he supposed it didn't much matter at this point what time he took his walk.

It wasn't so bad here, he thought. The many arches, windows, statues and suits of armor lining the main hallway reminded him of his father's castle. Not too plain and certainly not boasting gaudy decor. From the landing where he stood the courtyard looked quite inviting too. Maybe he could spend some time there tomorrow.

A rather large moth fluttered past him and landed on the aged, but still adamant, stone of the summer castle's façade. Crickets accompanied the night with their usual song, and fireflies danced near the edge of the surrounding moat. Not much of this place was different from home in terms of wildlife either. He saw many deer, cows, sheep, birds and other animals common between the two kingdoms on the way here. [He marveled at the fauna he'd never seen before too.] They were neighbors, after all, with Linaeve stretching from the southern border of Mirarenn to the southernmost point of the continent. Eleven parallel islands several nautical miles off its coast were also part of the Phoenix family's territory. Was he the only one who thought Linaeve looked like an upside-down tree?

Thinking of home just now also brought him back to the words his old man [he's only fourty-four, but still..] shouted as Zamir left home: "Even if you do find yourself a girl to settle down with I won't give up my throne until I'm two hundred!"

He laughed and put a palm over his face, blushing in embarrassment for a good minute because he knew all too well what Lerato really meant: "Give me LOTS and LOTS of grandchildren, okay~?"

How in the world he ended up related to that geezer was beyond him. There was no helping it, he supposed. His late mother, Aletta, chose this man. Unfortunately.. when Zamir was Jenna's age, the High Empress was killed trying to protect him from pirates.

The young royal shook his head as if to clear it, a dark look crossing his face briefly. That was a matter he did not want to dwell on during his stay here.

It was a little over a year later that Eithne came into their lives. She was very brave indeed to take on the job of being the High Emperor's second wife and, although he gave her a hard time at first, the bratty [at the time] heir was very relieved that someone finally showed up to fill the void in Lerato's heart.

In the midst of his musings his legs had already carried him around the castle, down a grassy hill and through the pastures where several horses were resting contentedly. A familiar neigh reached his ears, and the blue-haired man couldn't help but crack a smile. Who needs a nagging female to tie you down when you have the perfect partner right here?

"Hey, Fleta!" he greeted happily, jogging to meet his stunning Gypsy Vanner halfway.

Her coat was a blagdon [which is rare for her breed] skewbald, and golden buckskin in color with white-feathered legs. The 16-hand horse's silky dark mane and tail in contrast only added to her already eye-catching appearance. Speaking of which, Fleta's one blue eye and one brown eye made her look almost like a different horse depending on which side of her you saw.

But don't let those captivating looks fool you. This grand Gypsy's talkative and opinionated nature was in every way a great contradiction to her kind's usually docile disposition. And so, as if on cue, Fleta abruptly stopped just out of arm's reach.

"Oh, here we go.." Zamir quipped as she indignantly stomped her foot, turned around and whipped his face lightly with her tail. His proverbial thought-bubble of being smothered with jovial and unconditional affection had popped, and in its place stood a very unhappy mare.

"Don't be mad, Fleta! I can't help that I slept all day," he grumbled while climbing over the fence that separated them, only to be answered by a disproving snort. "In any case, aren't you tired? You did bring me all the way here. I'm really happy you waited up for me."

The somewhat placated horse turned her head to face him with conviction, swishing her tail again as a sign that it was now safe for him to approach.

"I love you too," spoke the youth. Her response to that was a nudge on his face, and the two walked silently down the meadow back to the stable. He would no doubt be there until his pride and joy fell asleep. Surely his growling stomach wouldn't mind.

{ A post to tide me over until everyone gets to the same time as poor, lonely Zammy. XD

And, UGH. I love that horse so much! T^T}

Last edited by April; 05-03-2012 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: THE T!!!!

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM

OOC // Hope no one minds that I'm going to push this along to the next day. I feel like everyone's waiting for food so I thought, since Danny's cooking and all, he would make for an appropriate narrator. If this displeases everyone, I can go back and edit, but I know some people want to get past the first day.

Not actuating taking Meri's kind suggestion to heart, Danny kept by the woman's side, knowing that he should toughen up or end up forever living the life of a foolish emperor.

Arriving when he did, Danny did miss a fair portion of the meat cutting process. Although, he didn't really mind for it was really quite disgusting. Needless to say, with the meat chunked out properly, the redhead (with excellent grace) carried the meat back into the kitchen. He had half expected most of the people to leave, but, apparently, he hadn't been gone as long as he figured.

Ignoring the haughty rude woman from earlier, Daniel stepped behind the counter and scrubbed his hands, ensuring that no grease or grime would taint the red meat that he would soon be preparing.

Some of the kitchen guests had come and gone, and as the day stretched on, it was really beginning to get too crowded in the kitchen. Yes, he was taking a bit longer with the meal than expected, but he didn't have much help - nor did he want it.

Shooing everyone into the dining hall, he asked that they set the table and get the appropriate silverware, plates, and spices out. He gave one of the more friendly-looking women a knife and bread, hoping that she could manage not to completely flatten their only piece of fluffy, white bread.

While in the mist of cooking the meat to his liking - he was smart and prepared all style of rare, medium rare, and well-don - he had went about preparing the dinner salads and sides. Setting a plate of cheese and crackers on the counter, he watched as someone pulled it into the other room, alerting everyone of the little snack.

Still working in the kitchen, which was growing ever hotter, the redhead could feel his forehead grow rather wet. Patting it with his rolled-up sleeves, he bent over the oven to check on the bread. Yes, he had, once again, went to work on the bread making. But, in the other stove rested a different way to prepare the meat. It was almost Thanksgiving-like, only it was venison rather than a turkey. And, no, it wasn't stuffed. The stuffing and sage were just scattered around the meat.

Nose sniffing the food and temperature sticks being used to estimate the remaining cooking time, the Emperor of Valhalla called out to the others.

"I'll need help moving all of this to the table," his voice was pretty much shot at this point. Exhaustion and the heat were definitely getting to him.

Putting the stuffing and venison on the left side, he laid the steak-style venison on the right side. In between the meat trays, he laid out cut green beans that were dressed with almonds and pepper. A bowl of orange-colored squash was laid out and it was coated with brown sugar and honey. A spot of butter could also be spotted. Putting another plate of vegetables out (this one was of mashed potatoes with the skin still in-tact), a smile graced his face.

"Dessert." He had forgotten about that! Whirling around, he withdrew a golden cake from the third oven. Dousing it with powdered sugar, Danny drizzled raspberry syrup over it as well as dropping a few plump raspberries to its side. Not setting that one out just yet, Dan shoved the dessert tray was shoved into the refrigerator for later.

Most of the trays had been taken out, save for one. Scooping up the stuffing-venison experiment, Daniel slumped into the dining hall.

Of course. Everyone was seated, save for him. Smile coming onto his face, for he was all about a good show, he set the hot plate on the side of the table closest to him.

"Hope everything turned out okay. If it was not to your liking, I can always whip up something that better suits your fancy," he said after drawing in a quick breath of air.

Apron coming off and hair being slicked back, the redhead joined those that actually decided to eat at the table.

The meal went by almost too fast. By the time Danny was done with his salad, most everyone was looking for dessert. Crossing his fork and knife over his plate, he rose while draping his napkin over the back of the elegant chair.

Back into the kitchen he went, only this time he came back with a dazzling plate of wonderful smelling cakes. "Enjoy," he said sweeping into a bow.

Rather than going back to the table to sit, Dan began to bring the emptied (or near-emptied) dishes back into the kitchen. There, in the kitchen, he picked at the scraps of food that were left, enjoying the moment alone.

With dinner done and the dishes cleaned, the rest of the evening was left to the young adults. Some went straight to bed while others played around. There were a few that checked on their horses and then there were those that decided it was wise to work out before letting their tired bodies rest.

The sun came all too soon through the windows of those with window-rooms. Those without windows were blessed to not be annoyed by the dancing rays of light that trickled across their faces. Some would probably sleep until lunch, but there was one that was certainly up before the crack of dawn.

Already back in the kitchen, Daniel was being to wonder why he had piped up about being a cook. It was a tedious job and he would never meet anyone if he was always slaving away of the stove.

Razi, the bratty princess from Dalmasca, was up quite early, too. Only, unlike Dan, she was busy working out. Using the tree behind the castle, she was doing pull-ups, working on strengthening her arms.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM

(I believe Scarlett has a window? If not then i'll edit.))
Scarlett's emerald eyes fluttered open as the light from outside danced across her room. She sat up, stretching her slender arms out in front of her and yawning softly. The blonde got out of bed, going over to her dresser to find something to wear. A few moments later she slipped on a dark blue dress that had no sleeves and stopped just above her knees.

She quickly combed through her hair and then looked at herself in the mirror. "I hope this makes you happy, Mother." She said softly, turning away from the image before her. She opened her door, swiftly walking down the hall in her ballet styled black shoes. She didn't want to wake anyone else up. She quietly walked into the kitchen, startled to see another man. "Morning." She said, going over to the sink and fixing herself a glass of water. "I see you've chosen the role of cook?" She asked, leaning against the beautiful counter top behind her.

Wavi

Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM

"Chosen? Hardly. But I fear no one else would be kind enough to cook for us all so I stepped up to the plate." Daniel's eyes looked up to meet hers. "I don't believe we've been formally introduced." Setting down his knife, he wiped his hands on his apron before walking to her side. A quick bow was given before he offered up his name. "I hail from Valhalla. The name's Daniel, but you can call me Dan or Danny."

Brushing his red fringe from his face, place a light kiss on her hand before he retreated back to the stove. "Since you're the first up, you can decide on what we'll all be having for breakfast. Shall I do eggs? Or would you like pancakes or French Toast? Crepes or waffles, maybe?"

There were a lot of other options, but Dan didn't want to spend his entire morning prepping for breakfast. Lunch, he had already decided, would be simple sandwiches and a bowl of fruit. Dinner was still a work in progress. He was leaning toward pasta, but he didn't want to offend anyone that wasn't a fan of Italian dishes.

"Hmmm," he hummed. "Pasta tonight? Or should I make ham?" Ham actually sounded nice, only he didn't come across a pig yet. Perhaps his wild-woman, Meri, could assist him in this area. If not, that annoying broad Razi might have a pig hidden away somewhere. She seemed like the type of girl that would bring the entire castle with her.

A laugh spilled from his lips, which made Danny apologize. "Sorry, I was just thinking about the others. It appears that we have a wild-woman that hunts and a spoiled witch that barks out commands. I foresee the huntress to be more down to earth and the manly woman to be… well, a royal pain." Smile coating his face, he tapped his fingers on his lips. "What might you be? A beautiful young blonde such as yourself must be a musician. Yours hands appear tougher than they look, but they are too clean to be the hands of a gardener." A sheepish laugh followed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to assume. I've been told I'm too nosy for my own good…."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 PM

Scarlett gently let him take her hand, blushing a little at the kiss. "I hail from the kingdom of Aurelia. My name's Scarlett. But you can call me Scar if you'd like." She said in a soft velvety tone. The blonde then thought for a moment. "Crepes sound wonderful! If you'd like I could help you with the cooking? At my kingdom we don't have a lot of servants so I can cook pretty well." She said, looking at the items around the stove.

"I think pasta would be good. It's easy to make. But if you prefer ham then I'd help either way." The blonde said, giggling at his comment of the manly woman. "Yes, She's.. quite the catch for whoever's her key." She grinned, flashing her pearly whites at him standing up so that she wasn't leaning on the counter anymore.

"Well..I'm many things. I play the violin and the piano. I also dance and do a little painting." She said, blushing slightly at his comment. "Pretty much I do anything artsy. Though I promised myself I wouldn't run around this castle singing the way I do at home. It would probably annoy you all." She said, smirking. "But, Daniel, What might you be? Your strong, handsome, and good in the kitchen from what i've seen, and you seem to be a very nice man.. But what is it you do?" She asked, her emerald eyes staring into his.

Daniel was the first person here to try and engage in conversation with her, so it felt nice to be getting to know someone. It was lonely going around the house without anyone to talk to, so maybe she could befriend Daniel and not be such an introvert. Usually Scarlett was very outgoing, but in a situation where she knew no one she was very quiet.

Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs ...

Old 05-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Merilyn woke up as soon at as the sun came flowing into her room. She silently cursed herself for picking the side of the house that faced toward the sun in the morning. Instead though of rolling over, Meri simply got right up. Walking her tired eyes into the small bathroom with a wash basin. There was nothing to take off, she Meri did not sleep with anything. It became a habit after her home was in war for so long. If her home was to be stormed, she would want to be in her armor as soon as possible... But also because it was more comfortable.

She started to wash herself throughly. As she did every morning. It was a process that could take anywhere from half an hour to an hour. She enjoyed the feeling of being clean, and did not mind the extra effort. Mainly because she did wake up early. It was the bit of alone time she got to herself. So calm and tranquil. She began to hum to herself. Filling the quite void that was her room. Once down, Meri dried off and started another suprising process one would not expect from a huntress. She started to rub lovely smelling oils into her skin.

The scent was like no other regular perfume. It smelled of Honeysuckle, Bulgarian rose, night blooming jasmine, sweet clove, cedarwood, black tea, and nectarine. With all the ingredients, it was not a very strong overpowering smell though. It did completely compliment the woman.

Meri finally started to get dressed. Of coarse picking another pair of leather. Dresses were something she did own, just not many of. Only once in a while had a real need for such a silly contraption. Her leathers though were well treated pieces of art. They were all form fitting, and very detailed. The one she wore today was one of those such pieces. The tan parts had the traditional knot patterns made threw out the garment.

Once dressed, she ran a brush threw her hair. she heard another door in the halls open and shut. Another had woken early. Soon another right after. She had to wonder how long she had taken to cleanse herself. Meri's hair would be damp for at least another half an hour, but the wavy locks did not take too much work to up-keep them. Luckily.

Finally the one dubbed Huntress left her room. She did not have her bow and quiver with her. Instead just her knife strapped to her thigh. Of coarse the weapon blended in with her leathers, so it was tricky to tell it was even there. She headed for the kitchen, stopping hearing Danny inside talking about her. Wild-woman? She thought to herself, laughing a bit before continuing inside.

"Excuse me. Just grabbing an apple. Like a wild-woman... rawr" Meri obviously decided against completely interrupting their conversation. She had though taken two apples before walking out of the kitchen. I probably should have introduced myself to that other woman... oh well. I will see you later.

Merilyn headed to the back of the castle, finding Razi working out. She had met the crazy girl before dinner the previous night. At first Meri was a bit taken back. The girl seemed more than interested in Meri. She soon learned Razi wished to be a night, and in her culture it was frowned upon for woman to do anything beside having babies and shutting up.

"Razi, the day is young. You're going to burn yourself out." Meri said to the girl. Taking a bite of the apple she had taken from the kitchen. "I have a funny story." She temped the girl with. "I am pretty sure I interrupted a budding romance or something." Meri honestly was not paying too much attention.

April

Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM

{ I see what you did there, Wavski. And I wanted to wait until someone else posted, but, like.. it's been a couple days. }

Grrrrooooowwwwlllllllllll.

Fleta's ears perked up at the sound. What was that dreadful rumbling? A few seconds later, she heard it again. It came from her human. She gave a low, soft nicker as if laughing and made a few well-placed nudges to wake the man from his slumber.

"Five more minutes.." came a mumbled reply. The Gypsy Vanner would not accept it and so she moved to get up.

Zamir stirred, albeit begrudgingly. Crack-of-dawn mornings like this were his enemy ever since he was little. It especially didn't help that he had low blood pressure. He remembered his governess, Prisca [that lovable old hag], and how she'd constantly nagged him to get up and get ready for the day. Thinking back, she probably knew all too well that he stayed up all night playing with the stableman's kids and that was his punishment.

The young Emperor's stomach rumbled again. Perhaps it was all for the best that he woke up now, after all.

"Thanks Fleta," he said while yawning. She brushed her mouth against his face in acknowledgement before expectantly staring at her empty hay rack. With a light chuckle he obliged her and filled it up, giving a carrot treat when she finished and having a few himself. He then cleaned her lot, brought her outside for some fresh air and cold water, and was in the middle of grooming her when the castle's own stable-hand arrived.

The older man was genuinely surprised to see someone there that early. They talked and worked on the other horses together for a while until Zamir's stomach interrupted an hour or so later. With a "kiss" on the nose and a small pat on the rump, he sent Fleta off into the pastures before making his way back to the castle.

It was the youth's turn to be surprised when he entered the kitchen. He knew he took a little more time to arrive because he stopped to hunt rabbits, but he didn't think someone else was already making breakfast. It seems he'd interrupted a conversation, too.

"Oh," he began, hiding his haul behind him with a sheepish grin. "Excuse my, ah, intrusion."

{ WOOHOO. Please forgive the crappy quality.

Edit: And hi Tri, I just realized you posted right before me. XD }

Last edited by April; 05-07-2012 at 02:18 PM..

Wavi

Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM

Things were peaceful. Too peaceful. Throwing a rock at one of the chirping birds, the smug look that she usually wore slid back onto her face, but was withdrawn in a matter of minutes when Meri appeared.

"Doll, I don't 'burn out.' I've been trying like this my whole life. One day, I shall join the ranks of knighthood, forever escaping this oppression known as monarchy." Her pale blue eyes wormed their way to Meri's crunching noises. "You didn't happen to grab me one, did you?" A ounce of kindness played on her face as her eyes stared at the woman munching on the apple.

Her interest was piqued when she then went on to explain the budding romance. "I might not like the usual girly things, but I do enjoy my gossip. So tell me, which whelp is getting suckered into an early grave for a broken heart?" Razi, despite what others might think, was once in love. So very in love. Almost to the point where she was going to marry the man. However, a cruel turn of events crushed everything, turning her heart to stone.

Recalling the day, her eyes trailed up to the sky. She was ten and he was eighteen. He was, by far, the most beautiful knight of them all. Dashing, brave, loyal. He had it all. His name was William. It was fitting, strong, perfect. But Billie, as he loved to be called, was also a wanted man for every woman craved her.

Razi was lucky for she was the princess. Having him made her feel alive. It was heaven. That is until he betrayed her. He was to woo her (yes at ten) and forever commit to her (the sexual events where to happen at a later time). Razi, in her full joy and glory, was heading to her room when she heard moaning and groaning sounds. Unsure of what it could signify for she was too young to understand romance, the blue-eyed girl peeked into the room to see….

Rage. It filled her. Hate. It turned her. Her sister. Her older sister was screwing HER man.

Enraged, upset, confused, Razi rushed to her parents, telling them everything.

Long story short, Billie was beheaded a week later. The older princess. She died around Razi's sixteenth birthday due to unknown causes (she died from a STD). It should also be noted that Razi never spoke to her sister again. Forever hating the woman, Razi didn't even attend the princess' funeral, claiming that, "The wench deserved it." It is because of this betrayal that the Dalmascan princess acts as she does. At the ripe young age of ten, she was betrayed, hurt, and broken. Carrying these pains with her as she aged, it's no wonder she's a scorn woman who seeks to leave the palace.

Throwing her swords into the ground, the short haired woman walked over to Meri and took a seat beside her. "Do tell me, what's this juicy love story you… interrupted."

Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs ...

Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 PM

When asked for an apple, Meri tossed the second one she had acquired towards Razi. Laughing when the girl wasn't expecting the precious piece of fruit to be thrown without warning. Well, her back was sort of turned towards the birds. "I think everyone should like gossip." Meri said in a girlish glee.

"It is that chick from Aurelia. Sarah or something?" Merilyn said. Trying to recall the name. "Carlett, I think that's it! Anyway, I was walking into the kitchen when I heard her and danny talking. He was talking about us, but all I really caught was Wild-woman and witch. Guess which one you are." Merilyn looked over at her counterpart. Pausing for just a brief second.

"So like the badass I am, I walked right into the kitchen. Inturrupting Carlett doing a bit of flirting. Her cheeks her blushing mad. She does all the standard princess things you guys are supposed to know. Play music, paint, paint instruments. You can defiantly tell she does not want to be here. Like her parents are forcing her. But she is an obedient girl." Merilyn was very good at reading animals. This did transfer to humans too. Espicially with Razi. She assumed something horrid had to happen in her past for her to want to become a knight. Most Princess, overnight just decide they want to leave monarchy.

"Danny though appeared clueless. Like he did not even realize he was flirting with the girl to begin with. He was more interested in cooking. Apparently if he doesn't cook something called pasta, I need to hunt a boar. Like the cook man I am..." Meri laughed a bit, finishing her apple and tossing the core away for the birds.

Merilyn stood up suddenly, picking up one of Razi's swords. She would not have even been able to lift the thing if she were not an archer. She looked over the blade. Wondering how much training Razi received on how to use them. If any at all. "Razi, would you like to practice some defense? I can shoot arrows towards you."

Wavi

Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Things were going great. Well, sort of. They were interrupted a few times, but the invader always left that was until Zamir showed up. He hardly had a chance to speak to Scarlett, but he did manage to accept her help in the kitchen. As his eyes strolled over toward Zamir, a smile swept onto his face. "Nonsense; you weren't intruding." With Scarlett's decision for breakfast being made, Danny decided he ought to multitask - talk and make the crepes. A wide variety would prove useful. Apple, cherry, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and cream cheese crepes were on the menu.

Having Scarlett handle the fruit, Dan went to making the materials for the golden treats. But, not wanting to be rude, he extended the invitation to cook. "I do not believe we've meet yet, good sir. But, if you're interested, you would be more than welcome to join us." Red hair flopping into his eyes, the redhead didn't even think twice about blowing it away. "This is Princess Scarlett from the beautiful Kingdom of Aurelia. I'm Daniel from the grand nation of Valhalla."

There was no point in drawing things out longer than they needed to be. If Zammy wanted to join the blonde and the redhead, he would. If he weren't interested, well then, he had the she-man and the wild-woman to frolic with.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Scarlett looked over at a man by the name of Zamir. "Morning. And no, you weren't interupting anything. Just small talk." She said, starting to cut up the fruit that Daniel had sat before her. The blonde made sure to wash them before cutting them up. When a woman walked in and commented on what she and Danny had been talking about the blonde simply rolled her eyes. If she didn't want to be thought of as a wild woman, then she shouldn't act like one.

Scarlett gulped slightly as the woman walked out. Scarlett wasn't the best with people. She usually cared less about others problems and easily spoke her mind, even if it would hurt someone. But Scarlett still obeyed her parents orders. She owed them that much from all they'd given to her. And why waste her time whining and complaining that she didn't want a forced marriage, when it was going to happen whether she wanted it or not? There was just no point in it. In the kingdom of Aurelia honor was a huge thing that every family tried their best to get. And because of her older brother, they had lost it. They then told Scarlett it was her duty to restore it, and that if she didn't do this then she couldn't come home.

The blonde gently shook her head, forcing away all of her thoughts of home. "Is there a place to swim around here?" She asked, feeling the need to relax her mind and go for a dip. Swimming was another of her hobbies that relaxed her and after breakfast that's exactly what she wanted to do.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 05-09-2012, 03:01 AM

Maiara rose earlier than most of the others. She quietly went about the room and got ready to do some training and meditation like she did every morning back home. Of course the outfit she chose was somewhat skimpy by most standards held by royalty, not that she cared what the others thought of her. She was only her because her parents forced her to come. The whole thing seemed stupid to her and she wasn’t about to pretend that she was someone she wasn’t just to find a suitor to please her parents. Quickly she shoved the thoughts of her parents and the whole reason for being here to the back of her mind. She took out the ornamentally carved box from beneath her bed, opening it to retrieve her glaive from inside.

A small smirk formed on her pink lips as she stood glaive in hand. Little did her parents know that she had Jake pack up a few of her favorite weapons to bring along on this little trip so that she could keep up with her training. If only Jake had been able to stay so she would have a sparring partner, but that really couldn’t be helped. She made her way down the stairwell by her room and outside of the castle. Looking around she found a suitable spot to practice near the edge of the forest. Yes this place looked fine and it was unlikely that she would be disturbed or even seen for that matter.

Nathanial had arrived late in the afternoon yesterday on horseback. He took his horses to the stable where he tended them before wandering off carrying two bags to find the room in which his other things had been sent to ahead of him. Really he hadn’t planned to bring much with him, but his stubborn mother insisted that he take more so he sent most of his stuff ahead. While wandering the halls he didn’t run into anyone else, which he found a little strange, but at the time he was too tired to worry about such things. Once he found his room he bathed then passed out on the bed not waking up until the next morning.

Nathanial awoke to some noise down the hall from his room. Looking about he wondered where he was for a moment before remembering. Sighing heavily sat up debating on what to do. After a few moments he got dressed, deciding to address his noisy stomach’s demand for food. Once ready he made his way to the hall outside of the kitchen. Hearing voices made him groan slightly. He really hadn’t intended to meet anyone yet, but with several other people in the castle it would be hard to avoid everyone especially since it was early and most of them would be having breakfast too. He considered going out and getting his own food, but decided he might as well start ‘getting to know’ the other guests. Slowly he strode to the doorway of the kitchen. “Morning,” he said, greeting the others. His voice was slightly gruffer than he had intended since he was still tired and not all the way awake.

April

Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Zamir returned the smile he was given with one of his own brilliant ones, trying to mask the sudden inappropriate thumping of his heart at the same time, and thankful he remembered to wash his mouth and face while he was still at the stable. If this guy hadn't spoken, Zamir surely would've thought he was a woman.. with the apron and all.

It was only right after the other man turned away that he allowed himself to move, hastily making his way to the nearest open sink from the backdoor he'd come through. The young Emperor knew he should say something, but his mouth was currently failing him. Eye contact was out of the question too since they looked busy. He didn't even want to think about what they were thinking of him right now. Probably along the lines of 'disgraceful, unrefined, boorish'.. Before his mind could get further carried away with the possibilities, his attention was called back by the smooth voice of the man in the smock. If his face didn't show his surprise at the sound, surely his reply would.

"I.. erm.." Zamir started, shooting a glance at the almost-forgotten rabbit carcasses by the sink. They can wait, he supposed, rolling up his sleeves. "Yes, I would love to help. I am Zamir, Emperor of Linaeve. It's my pleasure to meet you both."

He sent another smile their way and bowed to the Aurelian Princess in acknowledgement of her statement. 'At least it wasn't some important secret meeting', he thought.

In all honestly he wasn't sure how much assistance he'd be when it came to pastries and all those fancier foods. His "cooking" period was a far cry from decent, considering he only really knew how to grill or boil things.. Let's not even start on preparation and presentation.. But.. there was possibly one thing he could do for sure that might prove somewhat useful to the redhead.

"Here," he said, taking something from the satchel on his belt and moving closer to his target. They were hair clips that Jenna gave him to use. Practicality aside, he greatly appreciated that none were girly or pink.

"It appears we have the same problem," he continued, brushing Daniel's surprisingly soft hair back and pinning it away from his face. Zamir pointed to his own blue hair and the matching silver clip fastened just over his ear. "About getting strands in our eyes, I mean."

It was right then that the realization of their proximity struck him and a very unwanted--'PLEASE be unnoticeable,' Zamir prayed.-- blush crept up to his face, causing him to take a few steps backward. Luckily someone else entered the kitchen before he could do some other amazingly stupid thing. He highly doubted he'd properly be able to face the Valhallan again for a while.

"Good morning to you," he replied to whom he guessed was the Crown Prince of Tasnim, before responding to Scarlett's yet unanswered question. "There's a lake nearby, if that will do. I saw it on my way here this morning. But I wouldn't suggest swimming right after breakfast with a full stomach."

Last edited by April; 05-09-2012 at 07:00 PM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM

"Nope. This wouldn't do...."

Once more, the inked quill scratched out an unwanted sentence. Another revision in a series of edits to document that basically says that the region of Zima would welcome the opening of a new trade route. Though Samuel was tempted many times to just write "Yes", a formal letter always required care in wording. And a whole bunch of fluff to ensure he doesn't offend anyone. After writing and scratching out a few more sentences, Samuel gave up. Sighing in exasperation, the young man crumpled up the paper he worked on and tossed it in a bin.

"I guess I'll just rewrite it later.", he said to himself as he reclined back in his chair. He had been working on the letter since he woke up that morning. It was only recently that he moved from the library on the second floor to the other library on the third floor. Samuel hoped to find new material that would help him think of what to write. "Maybe I'm just hungry. I haven't eaten breakfast yet. I'm not supposed to be working while I'm here anyway. Right?"

Unfortunately, the welfare and financial stability of the duchy was often on the duke's mind. He was a workaholic, to say the least. His brothers would often tease him about this fact during family outings and vacations whenever they discover that Samuel had smuggled books, maps, parchment, and writing material. Truthfully, the effort to run Zima Kruzhevo could easily be split between and covered by him and his four brothers. This was how they helped their father when they were children. Though, unlike children of other royalty, Samuel and his brothers were free to pursue different careers. Dukes and duchesses in Zima did not need an heir of their bloodline to succeed them. But Samuel wanted to walk in his father's footsteps.

After his father retired from the position Samuel's older brother, Ptolemy, became the new ruler. It wasn't until Ptolemy married a princess and moved to another land to become prince that Samuel became duke. From then on the raven haired boy put his nose to the grindstone, which may have more or less been what he wanted. Probably.

Every now and then his parents would host a party or have the whole family go on an excursion. During those times Samuel would gladly let his advisers handle the work. But it had been a while since he gave himself a break from his duties. Perhaps he forgot how to relax. After thinking a few more things over, the youth got up from his chair and left the library. He decided to stop by the balcony to get some fresh air. Leaning over the stone balustrade, Samuel noticed two figures under a tree. It was the Princess of Dalmasca and the Duchess of Dublin. The two women of uncommon nature were having a lively conversation by the looks of it.

Samuel couldn't help but remember last night's dinner. The food was good. The table talk was...unconventional. Mostly due to Razi. He wondered if that was how things were going to be while they were at the castle. 'How did you do it, Ptolemy?', he thought. 'Was this how it was when you came here?' It was through this same event years ago that his brother, the former duke, had met his wife, Princess Ellian. Ptolemy never told his brothers too much about his stay at the summer castle, preferring to tease them instead with secrecy or exaggerated tales.

But everyone knew that he and his wife did not get along at first. Even after their wedding, it was many months before they could talk without fighting. Thankfully, the couple's volatility had mellowed out and their relationship became a calm one. It came as a surprise when Ptolemy and Ellian even started enjoying each other's company.

While he looked on, Samuel raised a hand to the key around his neck. Who he would be paired up with in the end, he didn't know. If he could have a say in the matter, he would love to woo Lady Myazaki or Lady Tempas. True, every noblewoman here was a beauty, but Samuel found himself thinking of them the most. But whether he liked someone or not, it was if their lock matched that decided who he would be with.

"Alright. Enough thinking. My brain hurts and I'm hungry. I'll just cross whatever bridge I'll end up at when I get there." Taking one last look at the ladies by the tree. One of them had just picked up a sword, most likely to spar. Samuel then headed off with a small smile on his face and a shake of his head. 'Women.'

Last edited by MintyRey; 05-15-2012 at 12:02 AM..

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 05-26-2012, 06:50 AM

This... is so boring. She'd been in the carriage for the past, however many hours, waiting for it to get to their destination. Twirling a piece of her now short hair, silver eyes turned to look out the window. The young princess had, for the last few days been on the road traveling to get to the castle, or whatever, to stay there and hopefully find a husband.

Of course, Nerine being herself, had decided to make things a bit more difficult and chopped off her long blood-red locks. The pride of her family. To cut off a females hair was a mark of dishonor, or so went what her mother had always said. Honestly, she liked it better this way. No need to take hours now or fuss about how to wear it. It did look cute, at least in her opinion. It didn't weigh down on her, in fact, it accentuated her face rather than cover it.

Maybe she could have done a neater job though.. Her hair had reached to her lower back, but now it was more or less near her shoulders. The shortest, well.. To her chin and a little higher. Her parents had been furious and scolded her for the deed. But what was done, was done. All the could do was try and make the sloppy job look more, graceful. Besides, if a guy didn't want her because of her hair, then she hardly wanted to be around him. Never the less Marry him.

Shallow men were not on her list. In fact, she hadn't even want to come. Not really. However, it was a way to meet the other royals of the other kingdoms, and hopefully report back home and try and see what could be done for alliances. Seeing the building ahead, her eyes brightened and she straightened up.

"Finally!" As soon as the carriage halted and her door was opened, she bolted out of the inside.

Glad to stretch her legs, The red haired princess smiled. She was late, of course... She had no doubt all the others had arrived the day before, but their carriage had had to be fixed. It'd delayed them longer than she'd wanted. looking up at her new home for the months to come, she took it all in before turning her attention to the bags being placed down on the floor beside her.

"I have to take those in, don't I?" she asked herself lowly, almost frowning at the amused look her driver gave her. They weren't the lightest things. Nor would it take one trip.

Shaking her head, she smirked at the man before offering him a short nod of her head. "Well, thank you for bringing me here, you may leave now, if you want." As she waved at him shortly after those words, she turned her eyes back to the task at hand. Damn.. A low growl emitted from the female as she straightened up her outfit and started to heave one of the larger trunks up to the doors. She didn't mind working but, she Did mind carrying a ton of things up to, whatever available room.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-28-2012, 03:33 AM

Shiriki had been there at the castle for a few days, having mostly avoided the others by staying outside and out of sight. Eating when the rest had gone to bed, occasionally being joined by Kaih but she stayed quiet and not saying anything to him as she went off to do her own things. He knew that sooner or latter that he need to interact with the others, make some friends find his girl that his key fit. He was just walking out of the words when he saw a neighbor that he did not expect to see in such a place. "Well now, isn't this a lovely surprise." he said out loud as he made his way over to Nerine, quickly pulling the trunk from her and swinging it over his shoulder, grinning, he had to admit he had not seen her since the last time their parents got together to talk about trade routes through both kingdoms. They did not really know each other as he was often training or ridding off in the woods but they did know each other in a vague way, only having talked with each other once when his parents forced him to talk to her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaih pushed her long auburn hair behind her once more, she needed to get it cut a lot shorter but she was raised to believe that woman is to have long hair and a male short hair. Her hand trailed along the stone wall, feeling every nick and groove as she slowly walked up the stairs, this was the first time she had gone up them since she arrived to the place. Not like she could see anything to begin with, maybe that was why the male Shiriki had been helping her out with getting the first floor layout of everything down pat. He was very kind to her, which she didn't understand but it wasn't like she was going to turn down any such thing. She felt along the wall as the floor seemed to level out, making her way through the door way before making her way down the hall way. She followed the wall, feeling about four doors before she felt a short wall, then a long one with a door in it. Wondering for a brief moment, she grasped the handle firmly in her hand before opening the door to the room, Alistair's room, of course she didn't know that it was his room so you can say that they were both in for a big surprise.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 04:42 AM

"Oh, hey!!" The outburst had left her mouth before she could even think. Flushing, however, the crown princess looked up to see a somewhat familiar face. "Sorry. Uh, hi there. This really is a surprise." She stated with a smirk. Nerine wasn't going to deny help from someone. Grabbing another bag, she smiled. "How are you, Shiriki? Mind helping me find my quarters?"

Seeing he had a necklace hanging around his neck, the girl put things together. So, he was there for the same reason. To find a spouse. "stuck here too?" She sort of knew the guy. They'd talked once before. Seen each other about, twice after that. They were more so on friendly terms.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 AM

Shiriki chuckled at his semi-friend as he headed towards the front door, leaving her to carry the smaller bags as he thought about her apology, it was a slight surprise because last time they had meet in a a similar manner she had well, told him off, but that was when they were younger. "What not going to tell me off and then try to beat me up?" he said to her as he chuckled, teasing her just a bit as he pushed the door open, leading her towards the empty room next to his, since it was well one of the only rooms that he knew of that was empty at the moment. "I am....well fine for now.....been here a couple a days, got here early. Though be careful there is a blind girl that walks around here." he said to her as he opened the door to the room before setting her trunk down at the foot of the bed, grunting as he stood up and stretched, popping his back. "Yea......stuck here like the rest of us." he said, clearly not pleased as he played with the intricate key.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 AM

"Of course not. I have become more docile and princess-like. Beating up boys is undignified." she said, her tone mocking her own mother. The day she'd gone off on him, her mother had been outraged. She was the only child, so she was supposed to rule the land, unless she found a husband. Then she would have to share the power. Either way, she wasn't supposed to act so, boyish.

Not that her father minded. He loved teaching her things that would be good for her, to be able to have her hold her own place. Following him as he led her to a room, she smiled and placed the bags down her bed. The room was nice, not too extravagant, but a good room.

"Alright. I'll watch out for her. Thank you for helping me with the trunk." She glanced down at her necklace at his comment. The locket there was a very pretty design. She was lucky it wasn't bulky. Looking at Shiriki's, she saw that it didn't match at all with her locket. She had to wonder if the appearance of the key would change the outcome of things.

Maybe not. Either way, she couldn't just demand to try and fit the two. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of this visit? "Well... The place is huge. Maybe it won't be so horrible. Have you explored?" She asked, making sure she had her things. Come to think of it, she still had another trunk to get.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-29-2012, 04:27 AM

Shiriki couldn't help but laugh aloud at the way that she had mocked her mother, it was rather funny as he also thought about her acting like well a female for once. He wiped the fake tears from his eyes as he grinned at her, moving back to where they had left the rest of her things, planning to finish the job that he had started. "Your welcome......now lets get the rest of this done with before you go to explore the place." he said to her as he waved her to follow after him, he walked through the front doors to look and see what was left of her things. "Oh yes, you may like some of the rooms they have here. Though you know me, i spend most of my time outside, not like anyone notices." he said to her as he shrugged before picking her trunk up, as he moved back towards her room, it felt rather nice to actually know someone for once even if he ignored the metal that constantly hit his chest as he moved about.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 AM

Following him, she seemed to have gotten ready to take the trunk. However, he beat her to it. She almost sighed but nodded, closing the doors after she picked up the smallest, and last, of the bags. "Well, thanks again." Once they were at her room, she opened the door for him to go through and smirked.

"I'll enjoy the stay, if it's got interesting rooms to explore. Have you really not seen anyone else yet? That ruins the purpose of our stay, you know." It was a surprise to see that he really had avoided everyone. This whole visit wasn't Just to get married. It was to try and play nice with all the other royals and nobles. Forge bond and blah blah blah.

Somewhere along the line of her parents lecture, she'd zoned out. Some of the stuff they said Did stick though. They'd have to give her credit for that. Deciding that she would unpack later, the red headed princess smirked up at Shiriki. "Have you eaten yet?" There were bound to be people up and about now. She was eager to know where, and who everyone was.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 05-29-2012, 06:41 AM

Another soft rustle of wind lifted the page corners of the book Ai held, her slender fingers holding the remainder snugly in place so that she continue on reading. The book wasn't all that fascinating, really. She'd read it before, and caught onto its meaning easily enough then, but why read it again? She supposed she'd rather do that than attempt to make mindless conversation with the two girls further out in the courtyard. Or, even, interrupt Lady Kingsley whom she'd seen wander out alone earlier. Still, her mother's voice prodded her, 'How are you to meet a husband when you're acting as a recluse?' Lifting her gaze from the page, she closed her book decidedly and stood up from the bench of the porch.

A soft sigh left her as she moved to lean casually on the railing of the ground-level porch. Looking out over the bit of scenery there, her mind cleared just a bit, and she relaxed. It was rather pretty outside, and while the environment was nothing like the eastern climate of Kyoku's, she was easily growing fond of it. The gentle spring breeze was definitely a contributing factor to that. A small smile lit her face as it blew past her once more, one of her hands rising to withdraw strands of hair from her face as she closed her eyes for a moment to enjoy it and the pleasant sunlight.

The idea of horsebackriding came to mind, but with whom would she go? Dare she go alone? She mused that her father wasn't here to stop her from doing just that, but at the same time, she didn't know her way around these parts so well and what would happen on the occasion of her getting lost wasn't so appealing. It had happened before back at home, she doubted the same wouldn't happen in this foreign place. Her smile faded the slightest bit as thoughts once again crowded her mind; she'd come outside in hopes of dismissing them.

"Perhaps I'd better find the others, then," she then spoke aloud softly, running a hand through her finally-loose hair before picking up her book. Royalty in the morning would be-- ah yes, eating. Breakfast. Breakfast hadn't even crossed her mind as of yet, but eating then became rather appealing to her taste. Then turning as if to head inside, another caught her eye and made her pause in her tracks. A full-fledged smile graced her lips and she nodded to him casually, "Sir Winters, good morning." While she didn't know him all too well, he was still a fairly familiar face and she was glad to see him again. Noting his direction and somewhat hopeful that she may have some company to the kitchen, she then asked, "You wouldn't happen to be heading in for breakfast as well, would you?"

( I'm leaving Jasper to sleep for now... I have a plan for a little later for him. )

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 AM

"Everyone just seems to be pairing off and such." Shiriki said to her as he set the trunk on top of the other one that he had put in her room for a few minutes before went out of her room, going into his which was next door for a few minutes as he brushed his hair out as he pulled up into a ponytail.
"No, i haven't. I just had gone out for a morning walk, then low and be hold you arrive." he said to her as he teased her a bit, laughing some before he put a hand on her upper back, figuring that she was hungry, and it was better to explore on a full stomach then a empty one.
"Let's go eat." he said as he stirred her towards the kitchen, stopping as he saw everyone that was in there, he cleared his throat and waved at them. "Good morning everyone......." he said to everyone as he waved, still staying slightly closer to Nerine then he needed to be for well a single prince who was just with an old friend.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM

After Samuel reached the first floor, he headed for the door of the music room. Going through it would be the shortest path to the kitchen from there. But the approach of someone from the porch made him stop for a while.

Surprised at seeing one of the women who he had just been thinking about so soon, Samuel took a moment before answering. "Oh, good morning to you as well, Lady Myazaki! Why yes, I was just on my way to the kitchen. Trying to write something apparently isn't feasible without food in your stomach.", he said with a smile, and added, "Would you like to join me?"

Company was always welcome when going down to the kitchen. It quickly became the default meeting place of all who were in the castle since, well, everyone needed to eat. Where there was food, there were people. However, the past couple of gatherings were a little strange, although never boring. As he waited for the princess' reply, Samuel opened the door of the music room for her.