BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-02-2015, 06:58 AM

So many entries! Woohoo!!

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 01-02-2015, 03:18 PM

I brought sweets!

Comments: These are Rosettes, they are Swedish cookies and a traditional Christmas treat for my guy's family during this time of year. They are made by mixing a batter of dough and a hot iron that has the pretty design. You dip the hot iron into the batter, then into a cast iron pan of hot oil. If it works right they slip off the iron into the oil and fry up into pretty golden brown shapes. They are then covered with powdered sugar. This year, we had a bit of a struggle making them. The iron got too hot, so half the time the cookie was cooking in the batter before we could get it into the oil. We had to make two batches of the batter. After a bit of work, we managed this tray full of cookies. We added lemon extract to them so they came out with a slight lemon hint. They were a lot of fun despite the struggle. I am going to include a link to a wikki on them, cause they are pretty nifty little things and well, more info is better than less right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosette_(cookie)

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 08:38 AM ----------

This mess is MINE!

What happened here? Every year for the past 6 or so years, maybe more, I hold a small New Years Eve party with some of my close friends. We used to do "fryfest" where we'd fry up all kinds of weird foods (I have to say a fried banana is AMAZING) however, we noticed about 2 years ago, that our stomachs didn't like the aftermath of Fryfest so much. So we switched it to Foodfest. This year we made 25 pounds of corned beef and cabbage for the crew. It took two crock pots to do it too! In the end we had no cabbage left and only a small Tupperware container of corned beef! SUCCESS! Also, we did NOT have upset tummies. So that was a bonus!
What you see in this picture is the aftermath of two crock pots full of corned beef and cabbage. Corned beef soup (EW) hahahahah!

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 01-02-2015 at 03:42 PM..

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-02-2015, 07:24 PM

I found my camera just in time!

Check out my handiwork!
Untitled - Hikari-Hellion's Sta.sh
Comments: I am far too much of a nerd; I made a set of dice out of glue, cardstock, and sharpies for the Christmas tree XD

I have a savory dish to share!
Comments: These are so freaking good! Yummy pretzel buns made with beer.

I have a savory dish to share!
Comments: Cheesy potato pancakes; I added a bit more garlic and hello yum! I think I'll cut back on the pepper in the recipe next time, though.

I brought sweets!
Comments: It's shortbread! It's chocolate! It's both!

I brought sweets!
Comments: A minty twist on chocolate chip cookies~

I hope I got them in on time ^^;