Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 04-23-2016, 12:39 AM

"Indeed," Harry murmured back. He handed the invitation over to the man at the door and waited to be waved through with her.

The gala was lavish and elegant. It seemed that all of the social elite were there, and the murmur of the chatter was constant.

"They don't count," Valerie said, grinning a bit. She glanced over as another Roomba buzzed by.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2016, 06:29 AM

"Lovely," Callie muttered, just loud enough for her and Harry to hear. "I apologize in advance for embarrassing you at some point tonight." Really, it was bound to happen at an event like this.

Clint tossed paper clippings to the Roomba with a grin. "Well, if they don't count, the rest of us are screwed," he said with a little shrug.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-23-2016, 07:41 PM

"You'll do fine," Harry murmured to her. "Merlin would never have let you come if he had the slightest doubt."

Valerie just rolled her eyes, reaching over and taking the whole bottom off of the hole puncher. Immediately, all of the 'snow' fluttered down to the floor in a surprisingly large cloud.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2016, 09:15 PM

Callie snorted quietly at that but didn't actually object. Instead she stuck close to him as they started mingling, keeping an eye on everything.

The Roomba made an excited noise and started eating everything while Clint cackled.

"Next time, use one of the Roombas and those paper bits to get to Coulson's office."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2016, 11:45 PM

Harry walked with her around the room, careful to keep at least one exit in sight at all times. Surely it wouldn't be long before the art auction started. Then they would be able to relay to Merlin exactly what sort of art was being sold so they could sort out what to do about it.

Of course, he had no idea what was actually going to be auctioned off.

Valerie snorted.

"Are you kidding?" she said. "Nobody gets into Coulson's office. People actively avoid Coulson's office, unless they get a politely worded meeting request, and those actually make people cry." Her sister had warned her about those, as well, but Callie was actually in good standing with Coulson, so she often got the hysterical agents at her desk asking her to put in a good word for them.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2016, 12:13 AM

Callie excused herself to go get a few minutes of quiet in the ladies' room and get herself another drink. She'd only been gone a minute when the auctioneer stood in front of a podium and gathered everyone around so they could start the auction.

"I did say to, not in," Clint pointed out with a raised eyebrow in her direction. "Besides, you know Coulson, he wouldn't reduce you to a hysterical puddle unless you really messed something else, which you've never done."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-26-2016, 03:19 PM

Harry idly waited for her to come back. When the lights went down a bit and the podium was lit, he turned his attention to the stage. Time for the auction. When the first lots to be auctioned where brought up, though, he was momentarily stunned. It wasn't artwork being bid on; it was people. The first to be sold off were young women who couldn't have been more than eighteen, wearing plain lingere in various colors. The bids were driven up quickly.

'Which I try really hard to continue doing," Valerie pointed out. She grinned. "No thanks to you, you menace."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-26-2016, 04:34 PM

Callie wasn't expecting trouble, not here. Which is why she wasn't prepared when two men grabbed her, hauling her away down a set of stairs and then outside.

At least she knew Harry or Eggsy would notice she was gone eventually. That was her last comfort as she was drugged unconscious.

"Aw, Coulson knows no one's responsible for me but me outside of missions," Clint said with a grin.

"Fortunately, or no one would ever stay," Natasha drawled from the doorway.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-02-2016, 01:12 AM

Harry was actually mildly horrified by the true purpose of the 'art' auction. The bidding was going unabashedly high, in fact, which served to make the mild horror more intense.

"I do believe it's time we left this party," he murmured, just loud enough for Merlin and Eggsy to hear over the comms.

Valerie jumped just slightly when Natasha spoke. She definitely hadn't been expecting that.

"Welp, there's my shot of adrenaline for the day," she commented. She looked at Natasha. "Did you come to get him?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-02-2016, 08:53 PM

"I'll get the car," Eggsy immediately volunteered. "Let me know when you're ready." Clearly he was happy to go.

"Not yet," Natasha replied, sinking into the other guest chair easily. "Just making sure he's behaving." She quirked an eyebrow, just a little.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-06-2016, 10:42 PM

Harry looked around as he made his way to the exit.

"Have you seen Valerie?" he asked quietly.

"I'm fairly certain it's not my actual job to entertain you two," Valerie pointed out as she turned back to her computer and began to sift through her emails again. "It's not in writing."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-08-2016, 05:33 AM

"Nah, haven't seen her since she went in with you." Eggsy paused. "She's not with you?"

"And yet, here we still are," Natasha murmured, smirking. Clint just grinned and stayed where he was. Neither of them was trying to stop her from working, though.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-08-2016, 02:52 PM

"She stepped away," Harry replied. He was getting a bad feeling about the situation. "Eggsy, see if you can find her, if you please. I'll do the same."

"No kidding," Valerie replied as she skimmed some of the emails. Most of them were internal agency things that didn't directly apply to her.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-08-2016, 03:59 PM

"On it," Eggsy replied, going back to start searching. He had a feeling they wouldn't find her, though.

"Your vacation went well?" Natasha asked, watching Valerie. "Your sister is fine?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-08-2016, 04:40 PM

Harry slipped out of the main room, searching for Valerie. He got the feeling after a moment that there wasn't going to be much of her to find; she'd already been gone far longer than she should have been for a simple trip to the lady's room.

"Yeah, vacation was great," Valerie replied. She deliberately paused there, having caught herself just before saying 'Callie'. "Valerie is doing fine. Flew in from England to meet up with me for our vacation."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-08-2016, 11:11 PM

"No sign of her," Eggsy said, unusually quiet. "Anything on your end?"

Natasha smirked. "Sounds interesting. I'm sure England is nice this time of year."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 PM

"Nothing here either," Harry replied. "Damn it."

"I've heard it is," Valerie said, nodding. She glanced at Natasha. Something about the redhead made Valerie a little uneasy. Natasha was watching her a little too closely for comfort.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-09-2016, 12:44 AM

"We lost her." Eggsy was quiet for a moment. "It was nice knowin' ya, Harry, 'cause Merlin's gonna kill us when we get back."

Natasha smirked a bit, meeting her eyes briefly before looking away again. "Come on, Clint, we've got a meeting," she said, elbowing the archer and standing.

Clint whined. "Aw, come on, Nat, we just had one two days ago!"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 12:58 AM

"Eggsy, now is not the time," Harry growled. "Get to the car."

That look definitely made Valerie a little uneasy. She would have to watch her step around Natasha.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-09-2016, 01:05 AM

Eggsy huffed but went to go pull the car around. "Ready," he murmured to Harry, drumming his fingers on the wheel.

Natasha just snorted quietly and got up, ushering him out of the room.

"Oh, I believe Coulson had some paperwork for you," she told Valerie before she left. She did shut the door behind herself, though.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 01:23 AM

"Merlin," Harry murmured into the comms as he made his way outside. "Start a sweep of the CCTV, if you please. Valerie has gone missing."

"Lovely," Valerie murmured. "May as well check in with him, then." She'd been hoping to put that one off for a while, but obviously not.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-09-2016, 03:06 AM

Merlin swore. Creatively.

"Get your asses back here," he growled into the comms. "I'll start searching."

Eggsy winced at that tone but didn't say anything.

Coulson was waiting for a check-in from her, but he was in no rush, this time.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-09-2016, 10:36 AM

Harry got into the car quickly, closing the door with a bit more force than intended. He was definitely Not Pleased.

Valerie actually had a brief moment of panic when she realized she didn't know where Coulson's office was. Fortunately, there was a seating map on the internal servers that she was able to access, and she managed to find her way there quickly enough after that. She knocked on the door, after taking a moment to feel relieved that she had found the right one.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-09-2016, 08:42 PM

Eggsy drove back to HQ quietly, not looking forward to this at all.

Merlin was of course waiting for them, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Come in," Coulson called without looking up from his paperwork.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 11:49 PM

"Not a word," Harry growled as he walked in to see Merlin waiting for them.

"I heard you wanted to see me?" Valerie asked, going in and closing the door behind her.