Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-02-2018, 02:17 AM

Starting with a review is a little painful for me. Things have been really hard this past year. I lost my grandmother, and my husband's grandfather. Money issues and health issues, and insurance issues have had me living in a stressed state all the time.

I have been working on making some positive changes though. We're hoping to get a house sometime this year. We had a bunch of Christmas presents donated to the girls because of being on a family in needs list. They had an amazing Christmas because of it and I'm really touched by how kind people were to help them have such a good Christmas. I hope we can get more financially stable so that we can do the same to some other family in need and pass on the kindness to others who deserve it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 08:01 PM

Talkin' bout my resolutions

I've already failed to write on one day, meant to yesterday but i got caught up in a positive cleaning sweep of my apartment. I cleaned out a closet and through out two bags of junk, and than got my office almost finished being cleaned and rearranged. <3 But that left no computer time with the girls and work having to be taken care of as well. oops xD

Quote:
This year I'm hoping to get the girls potty trained and out of diapers finally since there speech is improving by leaps and bounds now <3
I'm gonna goal to lose 20 pounds at least by the end of this year, though I'm shooting for more like 30 I think.
I want to actually keep up with this journal. No probably not every single day. But to come in and just remember to put things in here so i can look back and see what a good job I'm doing when things are down
These are last years resolutions. And well...

Starting positive, I've got the girls potty trained finally! It's finished. They're out of diapers *cheers all around* !!! Took long enough, but it has finally happened. Princess is in Kindegarten now as well which has been all kinds of exciting. Though we missed the deadline for cheerleading because she hadn't quite gotten control of going to the bathroom yet. So next year she'll be able to go to try outs. ^-^

200 -20 that i lost last year left me at 180 for the start of 2017. This past year i've been fluctuating between 165-175. I haven't been able to lose a whole lot more because the year has been insane but I'm trying to keep it off at the very least.

So my new goals:
- Get down to 150 lbs
- start a workout journal as part of this journal. I want to try to tone up more, smooth out, lose more flabbity flap as i like to call it. ^-^
-Get a house
-Read with the girls every day.

Leftovers

Surprise surprise. the only leftovers left in my fridge are from last nights dinner... oh and some cookies and halloween candy. . . yes... Halloween candy xD

Which have now been eaten by the girls and I for a late lunch/after school snack. ^0^ they enjoyed it I think.
On the plus side that means that i've had a meal woohoo!! I haven't been doing so hot in remembering to actually make menus and have proper meals, though i hope to amend that as soon as I can.
Food log for today:
egg and cheese sanwhich
leftover veggie orzo pasta with cheese and butter.

Well crap that's a lot of cheese and butter today. xD What am I going to do for dinner? No idea. I'll work on improving my healthy eating skills again that i've been slacking on . ^^

Cleaning for today: My office has been rearranged. My computer is now on the other side of the room, I just need to finish sweeping the last corner and move my husbands computer and than see how this new location ends up working out. But i don't trust the crack in the ceiling, so it had to be done. :D

Last edited by Shadami; 01-03-2018 at 09:58 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-05-2018, 09:27 PM

Glacier Melt
It certainly feels like that needs to happen right now. It's a blizzard where I live, but in a weird way. It's snowing and super windy but not leaving inches and feet on the ground but still white out with these tiny period on a keyboard size snow flakes. They're so teeny tiny. But there everywhere and getting whipped around like crazy.
I took a break day yesterday to relax cause I was sick, and the same thing today to recover and avoid the blizzard outside. We normally go out today to have date night and relax from the stress of the week, but we're staying in the house today. Safer that way.

Dream Home
This is something I'm looking forward to happening this year hopefully. We want to get a home that yeah... probably won't be our dream home but will give us a chance to make a dream home. Some place we can call our own with land to expand on. To have a vegetable and fruit and spice garden. To raise our kids somewhere safe that we can afford. To enjoy life and our family.

My food log today and yesterday isn't all that great because i've been feeling so sick. I had two slices of a 6 inch pizza yesterday. And today I've had some chips and homemade dip, and an egg sandwhich.
No exercises yet, but i'm going to work on that. i've been shoveling snow all week and hoping things clear up soon.

10 minute doodle of the day :D

Last edited by Shadami; 01-05-2018 at 10:41 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-07-2018, 04:17 PM

Cozy Sweaters
Cozy sweaters are definitely my friend right now. It's been in the negatives here lately and just way to cold to be going outside, and still leaks through the walls and makes the inside of the apartment cold as well. blankets, cozy sweaters, and fuzzy slippers galore to keep warm.

I read the girls fancy nancy last night after we went to the dentist. It was their first dentist visit and they did really really well. They're super excited about teeth care so I'm excited for them. We're getting in a routine so that we brush our teeth every morning. and than brush and floss every night so that they can avoid cavities and other painful procedures. Like I had to get all the plague gone teeth cement stuff off yesterday from 10+ years that had collected because I hadn't had a dentist in that long. It hurt, but my teeth finally don't have the stuff on it anymore I've been trying to brush off and failing! No one had ever told me what it was until yesterday. Now I'm more educated about it and happy to pass on that knowledge to the girls. ^0^

Today's 10 minute doodle. ^-^ The Bulbasaur trio!!

A is for...
What is A for? There are so many things but for whatever reason I don't have any that are jumping out at me like. Hey i want to talk about that one. So I guess I'll go with Assassin's Creed. I discovered the series with the third game when brotherhood or unity was coming out, i forget which. And immediately fell in love with the the series. I was just gifted origins for Christmas and plan to play this game series alot, I love it! Mostly the words I want to focus on all seem to be Es. Exasperated, Exhausted, Exercise. That kind of thing.... Today's the 7th though, and I haven't done a doodle a day. Or exercised yet. I hate the cold.

Well... I did a second 10 minute doodle bringing my total to 3/7 for the days of Jan so far. xD

Well after my doodles this morning I have spent the rest of the day cleaning my bedroom and watching football. It needed a really good cleaning and reorganizing so i can continue the purge of the house to get rid of stuff and make more room.

Last edited by Shadami; 01-07-2018 at 11:05 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-09-2018, 04:19 PM

So again I seem to be doing this every couple days. xD That's how busy I've been. But I did read a book to them on the 7th. We read.

and than last night we read.

Now I need to get to my stream, where I'm going to be working on some more art. I'm doing pretty good getting some art done every single day so I'm pretty happy that goal is going well. ^-^
yesterday was an emote for someone on twitch.
Favorite CI from 2016