Kasimir De
*^_^*

Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 PM

Tell you the truth, I find just about EVERYTHING difficulty to draw =w=;;; mostly I don't have problems with every part in one pic but more like each pic produces different problem; today I may have difficulty drawing even just the face and then the next week when I work on another pic, I can draw the face just fine but instead the problem moves to shoulder/chest area >__>;;;

By the way, my eternal problems are limbs positioning(grrrr.....I hate arms and legs =w=**), hands and neck O.o;;; (I hardly see anyone have a hard time with neck like I do). Strange enough but I enjoy drawing feet xp

kikirakikai
Send a message via AIM to kikirakikai Send a message via MSN to kikirakikai Send a message via Yahoo to kikirakikai

Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM

Fingers and Toes~ Fingers and Toes~~!!!

I find those agonizingly hard to draw~~ T^T Although, I always try to at least draw hands in the pic, cause... most of my characters don't go around barefoot~ XD

Mage
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM

Most definitely feet!

Hands, I can draw just fine. I think it's because I notice the hands of other people the most... I'm okay with drawing hands and clothing. What I suck at are proportions, pose, and feet. Well, bottom half of a person in general, I just don't practice much. ._.;;

I guess I need to practice more, and take more time looking around at proportions and... feet. o.o

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 AM

Same as most people here, I have trouble with hands and feet.

I also have an ongoing fight with noses. For some reason I have issues trying to figure out a style I like. When it's realistic I have less problems because I can do that overall, but anime/comic style I can't seem to get the nose to match like I want it to. =\

I also have trouble with elbows... I can't seem to get it to look natural with the different bends. I have the same problems with some muscles especially on males.

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 06-15-2007, 10:37 AM

I agree hands are always the hardest, as for feet they are to but only because i dont fo them often, so thats more out of practise kind of thing.

the face side views are hard to do as well, few years ago i dident even draw side view faces only thanx to my X CD that i was able to start drawing them.

for me eyes are to but thats because im going for a specific style, other than that its easy to do.

facual shapes are hard to do as well older (like age 16 and over) facual shapes mainly that is.

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 PM

For me, it would have to be the hands, as you've stated. I always make them to small and they end up looking weird. Recently, all I was doing was drawinf the arms behind my characters back, but When I have items to draw in the hands it gets to be to complicated. Does anyone else have a problem w/ drawing differnt hand movements?

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 06-17-2007, 04:43 AM

I think hands are hard to draw for the most people because they're so small compared to the rest of the picture. It's hard to get it perfectly slim, but not stickly, and not too big or small. After some practice, though, it's pretty easy. For me, anyway...

To me, the hardest body part to draw is the face.

Sometimes I get confused about face shape. How should I make it? In real life, it's round, but at an angle, you could see that it goes in a little where the eyes are, the cheekbone and jawline, etc. It confuses me a lot. It's just so much easier to draw a face at a straight angle.

Profile is really tough for me. Anime-style wise, it's kind of easy. But in real life, I have so much trouble, especially from nose-down. I can't get the lips' shape right, and I get confused about the chin. Is it jutted out? Is it curved? Or is it like the anime-style; curved in just ever so slightly?

It's hard to get the eyes, nose, and mouth in the exact positions, too. When I try to draw a teen-aged girl, she ends up looking old! DDDx I can't even figure out why a lot of the times, too.

Another thing is the pose. I guess it's not a body part, but it consists of body parts? It's really hard for me to think of a pose in my mind. Making them stand there is just so boring! xP If I'm on the computer while I'm drawing, I might do a few searches on the pose, but when I'm not, they just stand there. Ugh. It gets on my nerves, too. I'm not sure how to improve it. Do I just look at a ton of poses? And try to memorize them or something? Or is it just something that happens over time?

Nichi
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nichi Send a message via MSN to Nichi Send a message via Yahoo to Nichi

Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM

Hands, definately. I have a hard time drawing legs/feet too XD But I'm trying to improve!

I used to have a really hard time with noses, for some reason. Which is one of the reasons I got into anthos (weird, I know) XD I thought a triangle nose was much easier to draw for some reason.. o.o

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM

You know, penii are hard to draw. Cuz like, it's embarassing. And they're not pretty. You can't hide them by crossing your legs, either.

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-18-2007, 04:38 PM

*cracks up* XDD

That is true. It's tough getting the right look bulge under tight pants. Seeing as I'm a girl, I don't exactly know where everything goes when they move :roll:

Misty
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM

I personally have a hard time with hands as well. But I think what's kinda hard is when you're drawing legs. > 3<;;;

Legs are long and lanky and stuff, right? And I have a couple wrist problems, so when I draw straight lines, my wrist tends to crack -- then I have this ugly dent. D:

I usually do find ways to fix it though. One of my laziest fixes are erasing the edge that's popping out and then just filling in the line. But then -- if I'm inking with real ink, I'm kinda screwed. The only thing I can do when I ink is make the line thicker -- and all the other lines around it as well. It's really annoying, my wrist likes to get in the way when I draw. D:

I think drawing crotches are hard to draw as well. XD I remember when I was just a beginner, I actually avoided drawing them. And then when I learned that I should draw them, they were these -- awkward angles. XD They looked like they just got wedgie-ed~

Sethirius
*^_^*

Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 PM

Ugh, man I HATE drawing feet! Feet are evil, plain and simple. I used to have trouble with hand, but I got over that with practice... now they're one of my favorite things to draw.

Still, I'm not sure if I'll ever overcome my hate of drawing feet. >_<;; I usually put shoes on them... but I've been trying to practice with them some more.

Deidara
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Deidara

Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 PM

:o Why does everybody have troubles with hands and feet? To me, those are by far the easiest parts of the human body.

:x I hate hips! And shoulders! They are by far the hardest thing to draw! It's so easy to make them too wide that there head looks small, or too short, making the head look huge. You mess up those spots, you mess up the person.

Chips
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Chips

Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 AM

Feet x3;

I actually have no troubles with hands,
feet always bother me though- I always make them far too large ]:

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 AM

I always have problems with anything below the waist. Legs, knees, and feet come out twisted and warped when I draw them. xP

Blaid

Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akemi
*cracks up* XDD

That is true. It's tough getting the right look bulge under tight pants. Seeing as I'm a girl, I don't exactly know where everything goes when they move :roll:
Don't worry; some guys have trouble with that as well. ^.- ~<3

Celestial
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 AM

• The hands, feet and the hips. My worst nightmare, especially the hands.

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Cinnamonmiko Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnamonmiko

Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 AM

>_>
<_<
you know...
noses are pretty tough.

I have trouble getting them to look "right." It's something to do with the bulbous nature of noses I guess, and the fact that they are very awkward when you think about them. it's hard to convey a nose in a few lines that isn't completely preposterous, because the have so much depth and subtlety.

bah.
This could be just one more way to explain a shortcoming that I haven't seen fit to...ah...un-shortcome, but...I do have issues with drawing noses.

Sovelay
Send a message via MSN to Sovelay

Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 AM

I guess that would be feet. >.<
I don't really have problems with hands like much people. But feet are killing me. xD

javvie
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-21-2007, 04:15 PM

I think hands are easy xD. really, i love drawing hands :33.

as sovelay said - feet are the worst >.< thats why I love to drawing shoes, or even socks, but no naked feet!!!!!! xD

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 06-21-2007, 08:23 PM

I almost don't draw at all nowadays, but when I did, I always had problems with hands. I always ended up drawing them like hands of a rag doll.
...What, I'm not an artist. ^_^;

Screepo

Old 06-22-2007, 06:16 AM

Most people say hands and feet, but I find it harder to draw noses realistically. Compared to getting facial features right in realistic styles, hands and feet in cartoon styles appear pretty simple for me. Practice is the only way to overcome the difficulties these things bring. It helps to use a good model or picture for reference, sometimes.

Arachnephobia
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 06-22-2007, 06:34 AM

Facial expressions. o.o;

Yeah, it's odd.. there's many other things that 're hard for me, but they're slowly melting away! Yay!

javvie
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnephobia
Facial expressions. o.o;

Yeah, it's odd.. there's many other things that 're hard for me, but they're slowly melting away! Yay!
Facial expression is THE BEST thing in drawing imo xD.

I don't like ears too v_v.

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Hands like most people... D: And feet..they're just so hard to draw! D< And sometimes the head position. >.<;

I'd say I'm getting a tiny bit better at drawing hands, but since I usually draw shoes or something for the feet, I rarely draw feet...therefore I'm not good at drawing them.