fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 PM

I'm good at making cakes..It probably won't be anything great though... A birthday cake for menewsha.. Food coloring will be very helpful.<3

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki
Is anyone running trivia?

I'd love to do that, if I'm allowed.

I could offer things like November/December CIs as prizes or something.
Somewhat like the Summer Carnival's Trivia o:

Okay, you are in charge of Trivia ^^

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoko Otonashi
Quote:
Is anyone running trivia?

I'd love to do that, if I'm allowed.

I could offer things like November/December CIs as prizes or something.
Somewhat like the Summer Carnival's Trivia o:

Okay, you are in charge of Trivia ^^
Awesome n__n

Now I need to think of categories besides the obvious one about Menewsha itself... -goes to brianstorm-

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Awesome n__n

Now I need to think of categories besides the obvious one about Menewsha itself... -goes to brianstorm-
Would non-site related, standard categories be accepted?

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daashi
Quote:
Awesome n__n

Would non-site related, standard categories be accepted?
Yeah, I was thinking of maybe doing outside-of-the-site categories, and making one exclusively about site trivia.

After all, I doubt that many people could win on wits alone if I made it only about the site xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 PM

LOL. I read over my Cake Contest thing and I love how my :) 's became orders for the reader to smile. LOL. I didn't know it'd do that. But it's great.

Very Happy

AHhahaha

OKAY- I am going to be SO LATE for work now, I just had to laugh at myself. XD

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-14-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking of maybe doing outside-of-the-site categories, and making one exclusively about site trivia.

After all, I doubt that many people could win on wits alone if I made it only about the site xD
I don't think we should have a the history categories. Because the range of nationalities that is represented by Mene population.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-14-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think we should have a the history categories. Because the range of nationalities that is represented by Mene population.
Yeah, plus I'm not the best with history myself xD

Maybe a bit more on some pop-culture related things, like video games or music, perhaps?

Or natural science, sports, etc.

CK: Ooh, the cake contest sound spiffy. I like making cakes, so I'll see if I can get stuff to try to participate xD

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM

These are all wonderful ideas, guys ^^ Great work :D

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 AM

Kyoko, do you have a general idea of how many days the event will last?

I'm trying to plan accordingly with how many rounds of trivia there should be.

I also have 5 prizes to give, not to mention I'll be buying December CIs, so I guess trivia is covered xD

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:

I also have 5 prizes to give, not to mention I'll be buying December CIs, so I guess trivia is covered xD

From what i've heard the apx birthdate is the 20th, and im going by this unless someone else gives me a better date. I'm thinking like 2 days before and 2 days after so that everyone gets a chance to participate in it.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:

From what i've heard the apx birthdate is the 20th, and im going by this unless someone else gives me a better date. I'm thinking like 2 days before and 2 days after so that everyone gets a chance to participate in it.
So then ~5 days? Since 2(before)+1(the day)+2(after), right?

And I'll also try to be able to provide more prizes for other contests :3

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 AM

completely correct unless someone can show a better way to do it :D

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 AM

I got a green-light from Staff to run a "Pin the Crown on the Yumeh" game. :3 So that's two events confirmed to be run by me! And I will, of course, be helping out with general planning. :3

What are we needing feedback for or ideas for?

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
I got a green-light from Staff to run a "Pin the Crown on the Yumeh" game. :3 So that's two events confirmed to be run by me! And I will, of course, be helping out with general planning. :3

What are we needing feedback for or ideas for?

right now we've got the pin the tail on the yumeh (PM me what you want the rules and all that stuff like the cake contest, and i'll dedicate one post to things you're running), trivia and 1 or 2 art contests.

We need to decide on what exactly the event should be. A ball, masquarade, or rave. Because once we decide we should get together and maybe see if one of our lovely artists will design banners and such to donate to head each thread in the theme of the event (Yumen Ball, Yumeh Masquarade, or Yumeh Rave)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-15-2007, 05:35 AM

I like the idea of a five-day event - two days before, the day of and two days after. I think that gives everyone a good amount of time to participate without it taking up too much time.

Was this January 20 or February 20? I've lost track. @_@ And if it's in February, I may not be here, I've just realized. D: I don't think I'd want to borrow my friend's computer while I'm vacationing with her. LOL. DDD: <-- EXTREME DISMAY.

Pin the Crown on the Yumeh is more of a lottery than a true game, so there's no real need to post rules just yet. :D I can wait for that when I actually make the thread. All it really is is, "Hey, pay X amount of Gold per ticket and at the end of the Round, we'll see who bought the winning ticket!" And then all the winners from the Birthday Event will have their names put into a hat and there will be a drawing for a fabulous prize. I don't know what this prize will be yet - I may buy some CIs and have that be the prize. X3 We'll see.

I'm cool with any of the three ideas for what the main event should be. But I think a Masquerade or Rave would yield more interesting costumes, don't you think? :D If it's a Masquerade, would we require masks?

Here's an idea that I thought of yesterday when I was taking my little at-the-computer-catnaps...

Perhaps the overriding theme is that it is Yumeh's birthday. Please observe my crackhead illustration below. :D

I just think it'd sort of help the theme if we had a sort of focus-point. It's a bit more general if we're just celebrating "Menewsha's" birthday, but if we have a Menewshian character to focus our efforts towards, it would be a bit more cohesive, perhaps...?

Thoughts? :D

Apado
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Apado

Old 11-15-2007, 09:03 AM

A awarding Ceremoney for the user/s that contributed a great thing/did something to Menewsha?

Like... USER OF THE YEAR?! XD

Bunnyy
Proud to be nekkid since '08.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Oo~ This is cool . 8D

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
completely correct unless someone can show a better way to do it :D
Okay, great n__n It sounds great to me, anything else would be too long/short.

Then I'll determine how many rounds to have or something.

I guess on the actual day, I'll make that day about Menewsha trivia, and the other four days about other random areas?

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
I like the idea of a five-day event - two days before, the day of and two days after. I think that gives everyone a good amount of time to participate without it taking up too much time.

Was this January 20 or February 20? I've lost track. @_@ And if it's in February, I may not be here, I've just realized. D: I don't think I'd want to borrow my friend's computer while I'm vacationing with her. LOL. DDD: <-- EXTREME DISMAY.

Pin the Crown on the Yumeh is more of a lottery than a true game, so there's no real need to post rules just yet. :D I can wait for that when I actually make the thread. All it really is is, "Hey, pay X amount of Gold per ticket and at the end of the Round, we'll see who bought the winning ticket!" And then all the winners from the Birthday Event will have their names put into a hat and there will be a drawing for a fabulous prize. I don't know what this prize will be yet - I may buy some CIs and have that be the prize. X3 We'll see.

I'm cool with any of the three ideas for what the main event should be. But I think a Masquerade or Rave would yield more interesting costumes, don't you think? :D If it's a Masquerade, would we require masks?

Here's an idea that I thought of yesterday when I was taking my little at-the-computer-catnaps...

Perhaps the overriding theme is that it is Yumeh's birthday. Please observe my crackhead illustration below. :D

I just think it'd sort of help the theme if we had a sort of focus-point. It's a bit more general if we're just celebrating "Menewsha's" birthday, but if we have a Menewshian character to focus our efforts towards, it would be a bit more cohesive, perhaps...?

Thoughts? :D
I've heard from several people that the date is January 20th. So we'll plan on doing it then.

The Yumeh's birthday sounds really good. So lets plan on doing it that way. Do we have enough mask options to be bought for it to be a masquarade? If so i think a masquarade would be awesome. I think i'll put a poll up to see what option people want most :D

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
From what i've heard the apx birthdate is the 20th, and im going by this unless someone else gives me a better date. I'm thinking like 2 days before and 2 days after so that everyone gets a chance to participate in it.[/color][/b]
While some members joined before that date, that was the date the site was launch into the world wide web.

Also 5 days, crap-o-la!

I was thinking about allowing enterances for 7 days. Then close it so on the 19th, we judge then on the 20th by the 21st-22nd we could present the winners.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM

Five moon masks in "Accentuate", two Tiki masks and four eye patches in "Menewsha Imports", and the Atlantis and Phoenix mask CIs and the Halloween mask... Those are the ones I know of off hand. And that's fourteen different masks. XD

Kyoko Otonashi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
From what i've heard the apx birthdate is the 20th, and im going by this unless someone else gives me a better date. I'm thinking like 2 days before and 2 days after so that everyone gets a chance to participate in it.[/color][/b]
While some members joined before that date, that was the date the site was launch into the world wide web.

Also 5 days, crap-o-la!

I was thinking about allowing enterances for 7 days. Then close it so on the 19th, we judge then on the 20th by the 21st-22nd we could present the winners.
I was just thinking that 7 days would be too long >.>

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Yeah, I think an entire week for a user-run event would be too long as well. Yumeh would get tired. XD

That doesn't mean you can't start preparations for the event beforehand, though... For the cake contest, for example, I will probably start accepting entries into the thread starting about one week before the first date of the event and close entries/do the judging on the 20th itself. Then the winners would be announced the 4th day of the event, with them being able to bask in their cakey glory on the 5th day. XD

juno rally
*^_^*

Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM

hmm, if the mods get in on this that something to do with Yumeh as an npc and making an apearence could be good.

any news about being able to make a few items for the event?

as if its a mask do then i could help :)

(edit) just thought, cat masks. if were able to convince the mods to let us design an item :P

i'll get to raising gold! my fishing is up so any time i do it i get a profit!